PDA

View Full Version : Colangelo speaks about Melo's conditioning

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Colangelo wants Melo accurate, in best shape

"Carmelo still has work to do in terms of getting ready," said Colangelo, whose team opens the Olympics on Sunday against China. "He came up with a little cramp because of conditioning (in Thursday's practice). . . . We need a lot out of Carmelo.

"He has to play at the same intensity (of the past two summers). He has to get up and down the court. He has to knock down his shots. Right now, he's not shooting well and he's not in the best of shape yet."

Anthony said he didn't get a cramp Thursday. He just banged his knee.

"My conditioning is good," Anthony said. "It's not a problem."rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/colangelo-wants-melo-accurate-in-best-shape/)

I don't know the truth about Melo's current conditioning, but I'm glad to hear Colangelo call him out on it. Maybe that will help motivate him to enter training camp in his best possible form. I tend to think there's a direct relationship between Melo's "settling for jumpers too much" issue and his level of conditioning. Maybe his defensive effort, too. That little conditioning boost could take off some of that sluggishness and edge him towards more dynamic play in the paint and on the defensive end.

3RDASYSTEM
08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Has That Colangelo Eva Played B Ball Jus Wonderin Cuz Im Sick Of Guys Callin Out Otha People If They Neva Have Walked A Inch In They Shoes,jus Let Me Know Cuz If He Hasnt Wat He Says Doesnt Matter N Dont Give Me This He Can Pick Talent Thing Cuz M Jordan Is Da Best Playa Eva And He Sucks At Pickin Talent And He Played Ball All His Life, Melo Will Be Fine, Playin Actual Ball N Havin An Eye For Talent Iz Two Different Thingz

Nugget Tony
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Say what you will.....just another log on the fire for me.....

avsman05
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Colangelo wants Melo accurate, in best shape

"Carmelo still has work to do in terms of getting ready," said Colangelo, whose team opens the Olympics on Sunday against China. "He came up with a little cramp because of conditioning (in Thursday's practice). . . . We need a lot out of Carmelo.

"He has to play at the same intensity (of the past two summers). He has to get up and down the court. He has to knock down his shots. Right now, he's not shooting well and he's not in the best of shape yet."

Anthony said he didn't get a cramp Thursday. He just banged his knee.

"My conditioning is good," Anthony said. "It's not a problem."

I really don't like how melo says the opposite of whatever someone else says negatively of him.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Say what you will.....just another log on the fire for me.....

You said "log".

avsman05
08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
is that toilet humor DEN?

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 10:25 PM
is that toilet humor DEN?

I don't know. Ask NT. He said it.

avsman05
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
NuggetTony? toilet humor? huh huh.....

Nugget Tony
08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Um I hadnt thought of it that way until Den brought it up...lol....but sure it sounds about right to me...... :)

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Okay, okay, my bad for starting all this... back on topic...

Who has actually watched any of the exhibition games and can give an informed opinion on Melo's current conditioning in terms of his performance on the court?

avsman05
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
his D has been all right hes shooting ok could definately step that up but his rebounding is definately there he had 10 last game.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 11:52 PM
his D has been all right hes shooting ok could definately step that up but his rebounding is definately there he had 10 last game.

Yeah, I've looked at all the box scores - his 3 shooting is atrocious, which is really weak given the intl. 3 line. But rebounding well - especially in some situations where I'd have to assume their lineup is outsized - hopefully speaks well of his conditioning.