PDA

View Full Version : Fix to the Euro Rush!!

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 01:31 AM
So average players are going to Europe to play for more since we have a salary cap.. I don't have a problem with Earl Boykins going to Italy, what I do have a problem with is a Lebron or Kobe.. I think what has to happen and should is Nike/Gatorade or whatever company that endorses the top players put a stipulation that you play in the NBA.. I mean we all like watching the stars but who in the US is really going to watch Lebron play some unknown Russian team at 3am?? Its all about money and yeah they can get more from a Euro team but they get way more from endorsements!!

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 01:38 AM
i disagree. Nike/Gatorade wouldnt do that cuz LEBRON could go overseas and expand their company and make it more known to the euro league fans. Lebron should be able to do what he wants. Stay in the NBAif he chooses or go play for 50 million a year against euro competition. Just cuz its Lebron, a huge star doesnt mean the nba or anyone should have to change things. You cant just say Boykins, or Childress arent stars let them go forget about em. and then Make rules to keep Lebron

Fury
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
that makes no sense companies like Nike Adidas Gatorade are international companies they dont care if a player goes to europe cuz wherever they go they will follow along with all the other companies endorsing players..Soccer players and basketball players from europe make **** loads of money off endorsements America isnt the only one were no different were just another big fish in a huge pond to these companies..theyll make there money one way or another they dont care about if players are in the NBA cuz wherever they go theyll go..money talks and the euro is worth more so u do the math

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Soccer is a world wide sport that is a SMALL market in the US!! Don't even compare soccer in the US to Basketball!! Wait for the first superstar to go to Euro and watch him disappear in the us and that includes jersreys and what not.. I am telling you who in the US wants to follow lets say Lebron in a league no one knows and no one cares about?? No Lakers, Boston, New York but Barcelona?? Yeah I am going to stay up late at night to watch Barcelona vs. Zaragoza.. Ohh and yeah Lebron in a Russian Jersey has Euro$ at first but Lebron would no where near be the super star there as here!!!!!!

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 01:56 AM
he'd be a huge star over there. your right not many people in the U.S would watch the games but why would Lebron care about that. ITS 50 MILLION A YEAR. DID YOU READ THAT.. 50 MILLION A YEAR...anything less and he isnt going. He doesnt WANT to play overseas. He LOVES THE NBA...but no person can say no to 50 MILLION A YEAR.

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Wow so I am the only one that thinks a super star leaving here playing for a league that no one here knows about will affect American endorsements??

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 02:04 AM
i dont think it will effect the endorsements. Lebron will sell Jerseys and Shoes and all his merch overseas. i dont think Lebron will even get offered that much money but if they do offer that HES LEAVING... No-one says no to 50 million.,,,for ONE YEAR!

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 02:15 AM
i dont think it will effect the endorsements. Lebron will sell Jerseys and Shoes and all his merch overseas. i dont think Lebron will even get offered that much money but if they do offer that HES LEAVING... No-one says no to 50 million.,,,for ONE YEAR!

For someone who has lived in Europe I disagree I never saw anyone wearing Jordans or ANY jerseys so be it.. A salary cap is the best thing to happen to our(US) sports and now because a Euro no cap league will come in and take NBA players is only going to bring negative to our sport.. We the US will have to forget the salary cap to keep our stars and small markets will suffer see the MLB.. I guess I will just watch football(American) so I can watch a decent equal sport..

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 02:18 AM
who in the US is really going to watch Lebron play some unknown Russian team at 3am??

is that Eastern Time or Hawaiian time?

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Maybe no-one in europe is wearing jordans or jerseys, but you dont think if Lebron is playing overseas his jersey or merchandise would sell?

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Maybe no-one in europe is wearing jordans or jerseys, but you dont think if Lebron is playing overseas his jersey or merchandise would sell?

authentic basketball jerseys are really hard to find in Europe

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 02:23 AM

Not like they will if he is here!!!!!!

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 02:28 AM
all im saying is that Lebron James "might" receive an offer for 50 million from a Euroleague team. Im not sure about endorsements. I Just know that theres no way Lebron can say NO 2 that type of deal. Of course no-one from the US would watch. Well some would. obviously. But Lebron probably doesnt care about all that. he can make 50 million a year an then come back to the NBA an take over right where he left off

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 02:57 AM
if lebron can make 50 mill then i say good for him. it will only force the nba to up the cap, or try harder to make the league better

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:03 AM
You never saw someone with a jordan t-shirt in europe???????

You are either lying or havent been here at all.

Oh and for your info, you can find lots of Iversons, kobes, Howards, Shaqs, Wades arenas an of course thoushends of Gasols shirts over here.

Oh and beleive me a LOT of americans would love to have a Lebron FC ABrcelona HJersey, i guarantee you that if jordan had played in europe he would have sold MILLIONS of that Bizzaro T-shirt.

Come on i bet that he even sold some White Sox Jordan T-shirts.

And dont worry, if in 2010 Leborn is offered that moeny by olyumpiakos, there will be another 6 teams or so aroudn europe taht will match the scalade and offer the same to other players who expire this season, like wade, Melo stoudamire , Ming ??????

i guaranteee you if more than 2 make the jump TV will air euroleague in Usa.

And it will be either the end of Nbas dominancy or the endof SALARY CAP.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Oh and dont worry, Nike doesnt want to endorse a player who comes here? well maybe BMW or Mercedes will play him DOUBLE. or maybe Nestle, or rolex, or Lacoste, or Colacao, or Banco Santander or.....
etc etc etc.

DO you know how many money did Michael Schumacer make in endorsementes??????Do you know how much does Fernando Alonso and Hamilton do?????

he hehe tyoycal of americans.

Wake up tehre was a war, Euro won.

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 03:11 AM
btw, when I said Authentic jerseys, I meant of European clubs

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:29 AM
authentic basketball jerseys are really hard to find in Europe Not since everybody has internet and a Visa card ;)

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 03:31 AM
You never saw someone with a jordan t-shirt in europe???????

You are either lying or havent been here at all.

Oh and for your info, you can find lots of Iversons, kobes, Howards, Shaqs, Wades arenas an of course thoushends of Gasols shirts over here.

Oh and beleive me a LOT of americans would love to have a Lebron FC ABrcelona HJersey, i guarantee you that if jordan had played in europe he would have sold MILLIONS of that Bizzaro T-shirt.

Come on i bet that he even sold some White Sox Jordan T-shirts.

And dont worry, if in 2010 Leborn is offered that moeny by olyumpiakos, there will be another 6 teams or so aroudn europe taht will match the scalade and offer the same to other players who expire this season, like wade, Melo stoudamire , Ming ??????

i guaranteee you if more than 2 make the jump TV will air euroleague in Usa.

And it will be either the end of Nbas dominancy or the endof SALARY CAP.

LOL Ok I see your from Spain and did you not see what teams I matched?? Well I have been in Zaragoza and the part I lived in for a while was Navarra, anyways of course your going to argue you are in Europe which is what this thread is against!! I don't recall any Jordan shoes but maybe Lebron can make a Gold flat shoe that I so much see in Spain?? They will as Paris hilton would say be so hot lmao.. If you REALLY live in Spain than you have to really see the GOLD shoe thing is in style lol..

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Not since everybody has internet and a Visa card ;)

can you tell me where I can buy a Maccabi Tel Aviv Authentic bball jersey other than on their official website and for less than $140?

cambovenzi
08-08-2008, 03:33 AM
i love how kids go crazy and think all the stars will leave.
the biggest guy they have is childress, and hes making 9per.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:34 AM
I never said it woudl be cheap :)

I can get you a Cai Zaragoza or Breogan Lugo shirt cheap if you want.

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Oh and dont worry, Nike doesnt want to endorse a player who comes here? well maybe BMW or Mercedes will play him DOUBLE. or maybe Nestle, or rolex, or Lacoste, or Colacao, or Banco Santander or.....
etc etc etc.

DO you know how many money did Michael Schumacer make in endorsementes??????Do you know how much does Fernando Alonso and Hamilton do?????

he hehe tyoycal of americans.

Wake up tehre was a war, Euro won.

What?? make sense before you type!! You won no war the battle is starting and I see that but you can't win the "war" when your superstar is in LA!!

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 03:47 AM
I never said it woudl be cheap :)

I can get you a Cai Zaragoza or Breogan Lugo shirt cheap if you want.

T-shirts dont count, I mean uniforms :nod:

Hellcrooner
Navarra?

GOd no, i lived in Pamplona for a year and a half and it was anightmare.

please dont think all spanish are like the people there.

The live in the Medieval Age!!!1

JWalk126
What?? make sense before you type!! You won no war the battle is starting and I see that but you can't win the "war" when your superstar is in LA!!

he is right though, you are typical :D

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 03:55 AM
he is right though, you are typical :D

I just made a point and I am not typical my wife is from Spain and she agrees.. This guy is bagging on his own country saying one part is not typical but I already told him I have been to Zaragoza where he says he is from.. My wife's brother lived there and we stayed there and it is Spain just like Navarra is.. Europe just like the rest of the world wants to see America go down we were the super power so it is only natural they want us to fail if you don't see that than you are TYPICAL!!

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Im not from Zaragoza I liv ein Zaragoza, ask your wife about Lugo, thats where im from, northeast, the oldest Roman wall stil complete and standing.

People in Navarra think they are better that other spaniards, it happens to in Catalunya (Barcelona) or Euskadi, Maybe they trated you well because you wehere a foreigner, but beleive me living there if you are form another part of spain ( except Euskadi) is Hard,

and beleive if i tell you im in zaragoza, what you need we talk abotu el pilar, about river Ebro, ? about Romareda Stadium ???

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 04:00 AM
Heroes del Silencio?

I hold no grudge on america, specially since my mother is from venezuela ( and by no means a chavez accolite).

BUt whenever americans go to omuch nationalistic i go nuts.

You know? liek your president," We are the good ones, everybody else are the bad ones, and we go wherever we want to do waht we like and oyur way is the only right way"..

Hope Obama wins,

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Im not from Zaragoza I liv ein Zaragoza, ask your wife about Lugo, thats where im from, northeast, the oldest Roman wall stil complete and standing.

People in Navarra think they are better that other spaniards, it happens to in Catalunya (Barcelona) or Euskadi, Maybe they trated you well because you wehere a foreigner, but beleive me living there if you are form another part of spain ( except Euskadi) is Hard,

and beleive if i tell you im in zaragoza, what you need we talk abotu el pilar, about river Ebro, ? about Romareda Stadium ???

I don't think you should school the noobs on Euro Ball since your in Europe. It's just not Fair!! lol.

cambovenzi
08-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Heroes del Silencio?

I hold no grudge on america, specially since my mother is from venezuela ( and by no means a chavez accolite).

You know? liek your president," We are the good ones, everybody else are the bad ones, and we go wherever we want to do waht we like and oyur way is the only right way"..

Hope Obama wins,

well if the UN is going to be little girls about everything, someone has to step up.

Game_Over
08-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Heroes del Silencio?

Hope Obama wins,

Ok so I understand your English isn't the best but, just like when I was there NOT every American is for Bush!! Typical Euro hating the average American because what Bush has done.. Wow I don't know how this got into politics when I talked about basketball, but I am used to it as I said I lived there!!

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 04:14 AM
I just made a point and I am not typical my wife is from Spain and she agrees.. This guy is bagging on his own country saying one part is not typical but I already told him I have been to Zaragoza where he says he is from.. My wife's brother lived there and we stayed there and it is Spain just like Navarra is.. Europe just like the rest of the world wants to see America go down we were the super power so it is only natural they want us to fail if you don't see that than you are TYPICAL!!

um, thats not exactly the response I expected :sigh:

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Ok so I understand your English isn't the best but, just like when I was there NOT every American is for Bush!! Typical Euro hating the average American because what Bush has done.. Wow I don't know how this got into politics when I talked about basketball, but I am used to it as I said I lived there!!

I think he was talking about you personally no offense.

Breatnach
08-08-2008, 07:09 AM
So average players are going to Europe to play for more since we have a salary cap.. I don't have a problem with Earl Boykins going to Italy, what I do have a problem with is a Lebron or Kobe.. I think what has to happen and should is Nike/Gatorade or whatever company that endorses the top players put a stipulation that you play in the NBA.. I mean we all like watching the stars but who in the US is really going to watch Lebron play some unknown Russian team at 3am?? Its all about money and yeah they can get more from a Euro team but they get way more from endorsements!!

Claiming you'd have to watch games at 3 am, just shows how little you know about the situation. That would be the case if the games were being held in Asia. Admittedly timing would not be ideal for you, but it is currently the same for us to watch NBA games. But if you care, you will watch them anyway, as we do to.
And as for the "unknown Russian team"... maybe if you expanded your horizon a little further then your country's borders, the team may not be unknown to you. I currently support the Wolves and although I have never been to Minnesota, it is now no longer unknown to me.

Secondly, in 2007, Nike sold $1.6 Billion in the US and $1.27 Billion in EU. The sales are growing faster in Europe then in the US anyway, so Nike would be smart to "back the winning horse" - as with the current expansion of the EU (weather that is the right course or not, should not be discussed here), it will soon overtake the US as the biggest market (however, soon Asia will whip all our *****!). I have no exact numbers for Gatorade etc... but there are plenty of European firms doing very well financially, who could offer similar endorsements.

Europe just like the rest of the world wants to see America go down we were the super power so it is only natural they want us to fail if you don't see that than you are TYPICAL!

We are still talking about a sport here. This is supposed to remain unaffected by politics ("Olympic Spirit" ring a bell?). We are talking about a rule (the salary cap), that you imposed on yourselves. No one forced you to do so. No European sport came up with that idea. The rule has worked out OK so far, but times change and now this rule has started to bite you in the keister. Maybe you should rethink your own rules.

Storch
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
imagine how many posters and ads of nike and kobe will be all over europe.. more money for the company i bet!

Fury
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Soccer is a world wide sport that is a SMALL market in the US!! Don't even compare soccer in the US to Basketball!! Wait for the first superstar to go to Euro and watch him disappear in the us and that includes jersreys and what not.. I am telling you who in the US wants to follow lets say Lebron in a league no one knows and no one cares about?? No Lakers, Boston, New York but Barcelona?? Yeah I am going to stay up late at night to watch Barcelona vs. Zaragoza.. Ohh and yeah Lebron in a Russian Jersey has Euro$ at first but Lebron would no where near be the super star there as here!!!!!!

im not comparing it ******* im speaking truth the endorsements companies our worldwide and the same companies that endorse Lebron james endorse european athletes that are soccer players tennis players and basketball players u swear that just cuz its euro that there not gonna be big Cristiano Ronaldo is ****in beyond famous and rich and hes barley known in the us that proves that u dont gotta be in this country to be a superstar..ur so close minded its disgusting

Fury
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
gameover has to be the biggest idiot on this thread nobody agrees with you at all so stop beefing with everybody who responds u must be one of those internet gangstas lol tough guy huh

JWalk126
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM
is anyone aware that a 8 pm local time game in Spain is like 2 pm ET?

why are people talking about staying up late at night?