PDA

View Full Version : why are Clipper fans classier than Laker fans?

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
they live in the same city, so obviously its not something "in the water." are clipper fans generally based from a certain part of LA?(ex:north, south) kind of like how white sox and cub fans sort have a geographical distinction in general.

theres got to be some sort of explanation. i have never seen a clipper fan on PSD act the way many(not all) laker fans act on here. someone please help clarify this for me

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:25 AM
I would say being a laker fan you kinda have some bragging rights, lakers are known to always be the best and have the best players.....as a clipper fan, obviously they havent had anywhere close the same glory as the lakers, so what can they brag about? what can they fight about with other fans on which clipper player is better than ect ect.....just my opinion

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:26 AM
well as a clipper fan i can say that not all clipper fans are classy.
the reason that you say there are so many more classless laker fans is because there is a much larger population of laker fans in general.

i still say that about half of the so called laker fans are band wagon fans that only show their faces when the lakers win. the flags the flags!

just a couple years ago when the clippers were doing well, magically there were 10 times more clipper "fans"

the clipper band wagon people were probably the people that only like the lakers when they are winning. i think it has to do with the fact that LA has so much to offer.

when a team is loosing they disappear. but when they win, people actually think its worth their time.

yojoe792
08-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Well one, they are not more classy, it's just a bunch of cocky Laker fans on PSD showing people up and making us look bad.

And two, the Clippers have always been loveable losers. No rivals, no fights. The Lakers are hated by other teams and fans.

But no, not any more "classy".

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
I would say being a laker fan you kinda have some bragging rights, lakers are known to always be the best and have the best players.....as a clipper fan, obviously they havent had anywhere close the same glory as the lakers, so what can they brag about? what can they fight about with other fans on which clipper player is better than ect ect.....just my opinion

and thats why so many people dont like laker fans.

it not because you guy are good and we all envy your team. its because your fans constantly have to brag. in general, it also seems like laker fans think the whole nba revolves around them.

lalakobe24
08-08-2008, 01:30 AM

it not because you guy are good and we all envy your team. its because your fans constantly have to brag. in general, it also seems like laker fans think the whole nba revolves around them.

oh but it does revolve around us jks

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM

You are absolutly right, but on the other hand, there are those who post threads bashing the lakers, or trying to make the lakers look bad, then they come to defend there team in which i honestly defend my team as well.....It's like when you think of baseball what team pops in ur head? Yankees. When you think of football what team pops in your head...Patriots......when you think of basketball what pops in your head...Lakers/Celtics.

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
oh but it does revolve around us jks

:D

i am confused by you btw. baron davis picture with a warriors jersey, but you are also a kobe fan?

lalakobe24
08-08-2008, 01:36 AM
:D

i am confused by you btw. baron davis picture with a warriors jersey, but you are also a kobe fan?

lol baron davis's sister lives close to me and me and my cuzins played ball with him once and hes cool so yea x)

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:38 AM
You are absolutly right, but on the other hand, there are those who post threads bashing the lakers, or trying to make the lakers look bad, then they come to defend there team in which i honestly defend my team as well.....It's like when you think of baseball what team pops in ur head? Yankees. When you think of football what team pops in your head...Patriots......when you think of basketball what pops in your head...Lakers/Celtics.

thats your opinion. i think of angels, chargers, and clippers

and there will always be people hating on other teams. thats what makes it so fun. its just it gets old when laker fans are so cocky because they have won championships. they (the Lakers) have been a great franchise, but everyone already knows that. So i just dont get when some laker fans be so cocky just for a reaction

madiaz3
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
they live in the same city, so obviously its not something "in the water." are clipper fans generally based from a certain part of LA?(ex:north, south) kind of like how white sox and cub fans sort have a geographical distinction in general.

theres got to be some sort of explanation. i have never seen a clipper fan on PSD act the way many(not all) laker fans act on here. someone please help clarify this for me

what's the point of this topic

one team has had so much more success than the other, also there are just so many more users from LA anyway

believe me if the knicks were winning we'd have the numbers to rival the Laker forums during the regular season

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
lol baron davis's sister lives close to me and me and my cuzins played ball with him once and hes cool so yea x)

well then change your name and become a clipper fan!
:dance:

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:44 AM
thats your opinion. i think of angels, chargers, and clippers

and there will always be people hating on other teams. thats what makes it so fun. its just it gets old when laker fans are so cocky because they have won championships. they (the Lakers) have been a great franchise, but everyone already knows that. So i just dont get when some laker fans be so cocky just for a reaction

It is all bragging rights man, you think that the lakers that have had so much glory in their franchise, that the fans are just going to sit back and sit quiet? No, they are going to brag and show off of what their team as done. You are right, sometimes people get overboard with posting and can be cocky, but just ignore it, you should be use to it already. Nothing you can really do. It is what it is man.

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:47 AM
It is all bragging rights man, you think that the lakers that have had so much glory in their franchise, that the fans are just going to sit back and sit quiet? No, they are going to brag and show off of what their team as done. You are right, sometimes people get overboard with posting and can be cocky, but just ignore it, you should be use to it already. Nothing you can really do. It is what it is man.

oh yeah i know. it will always be that way. i guess i just dont like it when someone starts to talk trash on the clips or talk about how the lakers are and i know more about the lakers then they do.

but yea, ive gotten pretty good at just ignoring those type of people

Kyle N.
08-08-2008, 01:50 AM
The classy fans are the fans that stick with the team no matter what. The unclassy fans that talk crap are all the bandwagoners. Nobody is on the Clippers bandwagon right now so you just get the diehard fans. If you listen to a diehard Clippers fan and a diehard Lakers fan, they should sound the same.

Fury
08-08-2008, 01:50 AM
thas cuz the lakers won so much they feel there the best and our way more opinionated..the clippers have never had any real success which is why they keep there mouth shut they have nuttin to brag about..

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:56 AM
thas cuz the lakers won so much they feel there the best and our way more opinionated..the clippers have never had any real success which is why they keep there mouth shut they have nuttin to brag about..

thats just not true. clipper fans are very opinionated.

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 02:35 AM
good feedback, i think i understand now. this is off subject, but the clippers are really starting to look good for next season with all their offseason moves. who knows, maybe they will have a championship to brag about this time next year. (100% guaranteed if they kept Brand and made all these FA pickups) Now if they can make a blockbuster trade, watch out!

Catfish1314
08-08-2008, 02:39 AM
They have less to be proud of. That's really all I can think of. I know plenty of classy Laker fans. A lot of them on this site. Unfortunately for every classy Laker fan, there's usually two unclassy ones. At least on PSD anyway.

chad311k9
08-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I know lakers fans are all over LA(the country even), but is there a certain part of LA central to Clipper fans???

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the kind words in the thread title! It's just like everyone else said. I don't have any reasons to add. The only thing I can add is that almost all Clipper fans really know a lot about Basketball. Like my boy kyle said I can't stand talking to Laker fans who know less about the team than me. It makes me feel dirty, like I need a shower. It happens so much out here you wouldn't even beleive it. Sadly I probably talk just as much Lakers as Clippers in my day to day life.

Every team has die hard fans and the Lakers have 1000 times more than the Clippers but right now and on this site every Clipper fan is a die hard fan. Not just of the team but of the league. We have a really active forum now! It's amazing how much this crazy offseason boosted our activity! Every new poster seems to know what they are talking about and know all the relevent players in the leage, and of course every player on our team. That should go without saying IMO. Thats the only difference between Clipper and Laker fans.

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I know lakers fans are all over LA(the country even), but is there a certain part of LA central to Clipper fans???

im my experience, i would say the further away from los angeles and closer to orange county seems to be more of where clippers are. just my experience.

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2008, 02:51 AM

No they play in the same building. It's literally 99% Laker fans. That's only reason there is so many "uncalssy" Laker fans.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Its all about succes, anyway not all the lakers fans are classles.

look at it this way

Wich are the "worst" fans?

Lakers, Success
Celtics, Success
Sixers, Success.
Knicks Success ( even if along time aga ina galaxy far away whee phil jackson wore shorts).
Bulls fans.

And of course you have those eternally unsatisfied because their team never really gets the objective, like Suns or ,Jazz or Kings fans, they get traumatized by defeat after defeat after defeat and they go nuts and hate and hate.

I must say the most polite fans in teh league are Raptor fans and Spur fans, wich is really meritory since they have the Success in their side and still they dont boast about it or bragg about it all the time.

So a Clap for Spurs and Raptors fans, and psd posters.

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 03:27 AM
I know some great Lakers fans on here who appreciate more than just Kobe but the unclassy ones are like cancer on PSD thats why in everyones sig theres something bad about the lakers (even mine LOL)

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Anyway you can find GREAT guys posting for each team , so we shoudl not blame the nutcases that exist in any team fandom.

Wish all Denvers were Denbutsus all Rockets were Dreamshakers, all Knicks where Claw or Sports Ilusstrated all raptors Ink ( most of them are anyway) Or all Jazz NcJazz(even if you everynow and then basj me :p) or all bulls Jordanbulls. ....

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Anyway you can find GREAT guys posting for each team , so we shoudl not blame the nutcases that exist in any team fandom.

Wish all Denvers were Denbutsus all Rockets were Dreamshakers, all Knicks where Claw or Sports Ilusstrated all raptors Ink ( most of them are anyway) Or all Jazz NcJazz(even if you everynow and then basj me :p) or all bulls Jordanbulls. ....

I'm not that bad :( LOL.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Who said you were? even if we disagree generally :)

ink
08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm closing this one up because we don't really need threads comparing fans on this forum.