PDA

View Full Version : Preseason thoughts?

griff141
08-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I watched the game tonight against Baltimore and I have to say that both Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable looked pretty decent for they're first NFL game experiences. Also the coverage in the secondary was inconsistent but looked very good at times. What are your guys thoughts?

bruschifan54
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Mayo, Crable, Jordan, etc. all looked solid out there. However, Matt Cassell looked pretty bad.

ProPoster
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I think i can actually see cassell getting cut this year. Gutierrez and O'Connell did much better and actually impressed me on a few plays.

RIG
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
:mad: secondary secondary secondary...

RIG
08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I can't be to mad though. I was impressed quite a few times. But still I know that backfield wasn't always working to potential.

RIG
08-08-2008, 11:36 AM
O-line seemed shaky too...

RIG
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I was impressed by D-line, LB's stopping run.

JerseyBrave
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
LB's looked great, and we all know BB defense revolves around the LB's , and if they are strong the defense will be strong.

trucolorz91
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
We probably wont see a win until the last preseason game, maybe the third but i doubt it. BB doesnt like to use any schemes during the preseason for the fact that it doesnt count and it gives other teams a look at what your going to be doing. I say screw the preseason keep brady sidelined and we'll see him in like 2 weeks, no need to rush it.

tonyd3b54
08-20-2008, 11:57 PM
^yea people dont put any stock at all into how bad the pats do in preseason...BB doesnt do much at all besides call random plays...it helps him evaluate his team by watching their execution... hell call a certain defense no matter wat the situation is and he watches certain things...

hope that made sense but really put no stock into it... i actually think were gonna hav a good D this year... one of our Ds biggest knocks is it being to slow... but now we hav 2 of the fastest lbs in the nfl in thomas and mayo... merriweather playing more brings more speed to our secondary... and we hav 2 of the best run stopping safties in the nfl in harrsion and lynch...altho niether of them can cover...

Patsfan56
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Did anyone watch the TB game?

I am oveseas and pretty much rely on news articles and these forums to hear about the players. No tv. Anyone want to throw out their thoughts on the players and how they are shaping up? Whats going oin with the receivers? I am going out on a limb and hazarding a guess that the backup QBs sucked again.. how about the DBs?

Thanks guys

trucolorz91
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Im telling everone right now watch old pats games and watch Harrison. Since when has he been a bad cover safty for us? He had the game saving into againts the eagles in the superbowl. And always produces big for us. Watch any game and I gaurantee you the guy he covers gets shut down. He might not have the speed like other safties but he knows the fundementals very well and knows how to shut down a route!

ERLynx
08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
preseason should last 2 games tops. im ready for the real thing.

Patsfan56
08-22-2008, 01:58 AM
preseason should last 2 games tops. im ready for the real thing.

exactly. :clap:

Known starters getting injured in a preseason game is frustrating to watch. Even though many aren't out there long, they are out there with guys desperate to just get a roster slot. I would rather let them work out the issues in a more controlled prctice/ and keep starters healthy.

I understand the value of preseason games, etc. But to me it just seems like the risks with these little events is not commensurate with the reward.

ERLynx
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
the players are too valuable these days. at least BB isnt starting Brady or even playing him yet. I live in Philadelphia and Andy Reid is playing McNabb at least a half, in the first preseason games. It's a joke. But meri went down, and Tank Williams is out for the season, I just hate the preseason. I dont know how much longer I can get excited about Kyle Eckel.

tonyd3b54
08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Did anyone watch the TB game?

I am oveseas and pretty much rely on news articles and these forums to hear about the players. No tv. Anyone want to throw out their thoughts on the players and how they are shaping up? Whats going oin with the receivers? I am going out on a limb and hazarding a guess that the backup QBs sucked again.. how about the DBs?

Thanks guys

the recievers arent getting any ball thrown to them cuz the qbs suck... and as for tthe dbs... we didint get to see them play much either since tb was running it down our throat....

bosox1899
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
watching these preseason games makes me appreciate Brady so much more because these backups blow, they are getting crushed by philadelphia again. I really hope they release Cassell bc he sucks

tonyd3b54
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
defense looked ALOT better this game... idont think they scored a td against us with our starters in there....as for cassel he missed some easy throws early but got better as the game went along

BTownTeamsRKing
08-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Matt Guitterez played great. i hope he makes the roster along with O'Connel.

Matt G led us to 2 TDs and showed a lot of commend in the pocket.

Matt Cassel......SUCKS. he is the worst qb. release him now. this guy not only kills our chances of scoring, but also kills our defense by not allowing them to rest for even a moment. get rid of this fool now.

Chad Jackson was also good! yes i cant beleive it either, but he made a great catch outjumping the DB in the back of the endzone from Matt G.

magichatnumber9
08-23-2008, 03:47 AM
If the patriots are lucky enough to make it to the post season, they will likely get knocked off in the first round. There defense is slow, there offensive line is suspect. Game 3 preseason is the dress rehearsal for the reg season. There not ready

griff141
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
It won't be long before Gutierrez overtakes Cassel as the primary backup. I was at Gillette stadium last night, 50 yard line seats in the lower level, and Gutierrez was tearing it up! if he had gotten the start i believe we could have won that game.

futureheisman
08-23-2008, 12:10 PM
it doesnt matter its preseason the games mean nothing

tonyd3b54
08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
If the patriots are lucky enough to make it to the post season, they will likely get knocked off in the first round. There defense is slow, there offensive line is suspect. Game 3 preseason is the dress rehearsal for the reg season. There not ready

this is one of the most foolish statements ive heard in a while....

1) you do know that BB doesnt show like to show anything defensively in the pre season right? plus if u watched the game yesterday the defense played REALLY well... it was the typical defense of the superbowl winning pats, theyll give up some yards through the air but they were a brick wall in the redzone...
also they stopped the run very well while the starters were in.... i can only remember one niice run by westbrook...

2) BRADY HASNT PLAYED ONE SNAP!!! recievers are getting open cassel just sucks theres nuthing wrong with our offense... cassel is SO BAD at presnap reads.... half the time i knew the blitz was coming before cassel ever did...

3) the only slow guys we hav on our D that play ALOT are harrison and bruschi... mayo and thomas are SPEED DEMONS! vrabel isnt slow at all and niether are hobbs sanders bryant or merriweather....

the reason for teams passing on the pats is because they play alot of zone D so if theres no pass rush its pretty easy to pick apart... but this is also y the pats hav been really good in the redzone on past teams.... wen u get near the goal line theres not alot of space for recievers to run free...

JerseyBrave
08-24-2008, 08:08 PM
You guys all have to remember when brady gets back the offense with a good running game will control the ball for longer so opposing teams will have less time to score, we will control the clock. All our team has to do is limit teams to field goals and we win.

BTownTeamsRKing
08-24-2008, 09:06 PM
we'll be fine. just end the preseason, also anyword on welker?

if hes hurt, i will be so pissed.

lil'papi
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Well the D-line isn't getting enough pressure and with our DB's they best! Seymour is a shell of his former self no matter what he proclaims.
Hopefully he can return to form, so far, I haven't seen it. Linebacker will improve game by game once they get used to the new LB's.

O-Line looks like a turnstyle how can you judge a QB with that? Cassel hasn't shown improvement granted , but running for your life every snap hinders it.

We haven't seen the MVP yet and that for sure settles the whole team down.

I'm concerned for sure. Jets look more athletic and you know Parcells will get that team playing better than last year. (miami)

tonyd3b54
08-25-2008, 12:02 PM
ive been a pats fan for a while and im one of few people whove always thought our Dline is over rated.... dont get me wrong theyre good...theyre amazing at stopping the run, but wen it comes to rushing the passer theyre all very average imo....i never thought seymore was a great pass rusher, but i do kno hes an amazing run stopper...

anyway i think this is going to be our defenses idenity... stop the run with our Dline and our quicker lbs now that we hav mayo to pair with thomas and let teams pass all they want... because back in the superbowl days thats wat our D did.... they stopped the run and wen they were in the redzone all that zone D that they play pays off since theres no room for WRs to get open