PDA

View Full Version : Dorell Wright

Diehardheatfan
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Im hoping this guy comes back. What do you guys think! Trade Marion or haslem. Or drop these weak cats were picking him up

danbola
08-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Im kinda sick of waiting for him to develop. I want to wait for different players to develop now. I hope he has value to another team, so he can be a good s/t. Hopefully the Nets.

DQL
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
As much as I love him, I think he will be traded. The Bobby Jones and Diawara signings and the decision on not resigning him until now are the evidences

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 12:10 AM
i hope he stays i think in 1 or two more years he wil play at a high level

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Dorell Wright will be a great contributor!!!!

roo3flash
08-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Dorell Wright will be a great contributor!!!!

i think he could be a good 6th or 7th man but right now i think daquan cook will be better for his ability to hit the jumper nd drive

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Wright and Cook are big for the future

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 04:55 AM
yea but what about the present?:p

heatbb
08-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Big for the future is Beastley. Compared to him, Cook and Wright are just small worms. :D (no offence)
imo Wright has had time to improve and he hasn't done it enough. Cook...well i personally will give him one more year, but it's unlikely, that he'll improve enough.

Wade3
08-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I hope Wright stays. He's a lot of potential and can really help the Heat if he gets playing time and I think this is the year that Riley will finally give him the playing time he needs.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I hope Wright stays. He's a lot of potential and can really help the Heat if he gets playing time and I think this is the year that Riley will finally give him the playing time he needs.

idk about that cuz we keep getting forwards

BALLER71
08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
He is going to get traded, too many SFs

DrHoops21
08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
hes an average player. he will never be a starter. trade him to anyone who is dumb enough to think he has value

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Restricted free agent Dorell Wright has not yet signed the Heat's $2.4 million qualifying offer, in the hopes of landing a longer contract.
The recent signing of Yakhouba Diawara complicates Wright's role with the team, but his agent is confident that something will get done soon. "[We're] expecting an offer from the Heat by early next week," said Bob Myers. ``Miami has made it clear that they want to keep Dorell." Wright has the versatility to be a nice asset in fantasy leagues, but he's unlikely to play enough minutes to matter.

source: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/miami-heat/story/633086.html
His hoping for a longer deal

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
We should give him 3 years 9 million!!!! Then trade Blount and Bobby jones for brad miller. Thats who we most likely will be getting

ATX
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
We should give him 3 years 9 million!!!! Then trade Blount and Bobby jones for brad miller. Thats who we most likely will be getting

Umm...I'm pretty sure that the Kings would laugh in our faces if we proposed such a deal.

noturnormalhero
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
You guys are confused within your own thoughts. You want to keep Cook and Wright for the "future" but some of you wanted to trade Chalmers to pick up a veteran. Make up your mind. You either see the Heat in a big picture as far as years to come or you want a title like RIGHT now. That's how i base my decisions at least. As far as Wright, i cant see Bobby Jones or dude from Denver taking over his spot. Cuz again, hate on Wright, i rather have him than those two at the moment. Cook to me, is just there. We've discussed the pros and cons of both and why Wright OVERALL is a better player for us so i wont get into that. Bobby Jones and Blount for Brad Miller. :pity: Wright could always play the SG spot backing up Dwade and us either get rid of Cook or have him continue playing in D-league or just have him as a 3rd option. Who knows..too many possibilities.

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Im looking from a future standpoint . I feel like with Beasley, Marion and wade we are a playoff team, But in 2 years we will be a championship team

fins08
08-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Can we please get value for him?

DQL
08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
How about Dorell for a lottery pick? Is he worth it?

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
How about Dorell for a lottery pick? Is he worth it?

We are not trading a future star!!! He has evrything to make him a star just lacks confidece due to lack of a chance

DQL
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
:shrug: I'm just tired of waiting. Maybe he will be a superstar but not in Miami. That was the case of T-mac to whom Dorell was compared

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
:shrug: I'm just tired of waiting. Maybe he will be a superstar but not in Miami. That was the case of T-mac to whom Dorell was compared

Patience is a virtue. Just wait. We are rebuilding anyways. Give him this season! Its a gurantee he will produce

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Patience is a virtue. Just wait. We are rebuilding anyways. Give him this season! Its a gurantee he will produce

yea i agree.but we have to resign him first!and with the signing of diawara and b.jones i sense something fishy.a sign a trade of wright maybe

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
yea i agree.but we have to resign him first!and with the signing of diawara and b.jones i sense something fishy.a sign a trade of wright maybe

There will be a trade but think involving haslem and bobby jones for maybe MO

Master Mind
08-09-2008, 05:20 PM
We are not trading a future star!!! He has evrything to make him a star just lacks confidece due to lack of a chance

You really like D-Wright dude :eyebrow:...

daleja424
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
There will be a trade but think involving haslem and bobby jones for maybe MO

I thought so too...but we cant trade Jones/Diawara for 60 days... If we trade a SF its going to be a S/T with Wright...

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought so too...but we cant trade Jones/Diawara for 60 days... If we trade a SF its going to be a S/T with Wright...

We wont trade him. We will get Mo for haslem

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
You really like D-Wright dude :eyebrow:...

He will be perfect in spolestras setting! He was great under rothelstein! Riley just didnt play him enough!!!

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:40 AM
i hope we keep d-wright and get mo!!but....what about the center position?

Magic #1 Fan
08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry to say this Wright is NO WAY ON THE SAME PLANET as T-MAC. Wright's been in the league now for how many years ???? T-Mac came out High school and got better,T-MAC IMPROVED BIG TIME each year. Wright ??? Still trying to learn the game. Compare a grape to a Watermelon would be a better statement.

DQL
08-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry to say this Wright is NO WAY ON THE SAME PLANET as T-MAC. Wright's been in the league now for how many years ???? T-Mac came out High school and got better,T-MAC IMPROVED BIG TIME each year. Wright ??? Still trying to learn the game. Compare a grape to a Watermelon would be a better statement.

no Wright was compared to T-mac when he came out high school I guarantee, maybe a worse version. That comparison was just dead. But it did exist

_Supreme_
08-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Dorell was (also) advertised as a "more athletic" Dwyane Wade when he was drafted.

Right now I have no idea what will become of him. I still hope he will grab the last chance when/if he gets it, but things don't look good for him at the moment.

Diehardheatfan
08-17-2008, 02:48 AM

Be positive. Wright is the next t mac !!! Closed case. Dont be negative