PDA

View Full Version : to all of you who play basketball whats your go to move

lalakobe24
08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
i usually pump fake get them out of position the use my pivot foot to find an opening to get a shot off or a pass if that doesnt work and they stand there ground

i dont know about you guys but my fade away is unstoppable :smoking:

this is my go to move

SportsFan1988
08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I have a few go-to moves.

1.Moving off the pick, into the open late, driving towards the basket. Always works :D

2.A small little jab step standing in one of the corners, going with a right-to-left crossover, to a hop step, breaking the D, using my opposite hand to finish out the play.

3.Starting off with my right, crossing over to my left hand, and then bursting towards the hoop. Very similar to Iverson' crossover.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I drive hard right and come to a quick stop then pump fake. The defender usually flies up in the air to block it. And then you just lay it in. Works more against your friends then in an actual game.

SportsFan1988
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I drive hard right and come to a quick stop then pump fake. The defender usually flies up in the air to block it. And then you just lay it in. Works more against your friends then in an actual game.

That one, always works.

lalakobe24
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM

yea thats what i do to but it puts you in a pinch if they dont go for it :o

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 11:58 PM
i have the shot.
thats where you shoot the ball.

then there is the patented weird, awkward, falling out of bounds, bank shot. that seems mechanically impossible, but can go in.

other than that there is the bad headfake, and crossover always driving to the right. lol.

OH.
and THE stand around and wait for them to get bored. then drive to the hoop.

lalakobe24
08-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I have a few go-to moves.

1.Moving off the pick, into the open late, driving towards the basket. Always works :D

2.A small little jab step standing in one of the corners, going with a right-to-left crossover, to a hop step, breaking the D, using my opposite hand to finish out the play.

3.Starting off with my right, crossing over to my left hand, and then bursting towards the hoop. Very similar to Iverson' crossover.

haha you must be pro i usually get in pretty easily too for some reason i cnt finish that well

BADizzleBoY
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
drop step into a post up.

SportsFan1988

Either kick it out, or going into a back down, and fake one way, and go the other, possibly reversing the layup.

still1ballin
My move is pushing the player out of my way and a easy lay up...its street ball, fouls are for wusses

Reezy
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
I like the turn around, fade away jumper.

SportsFan1988
haha you must be pro i usually get in pretty easily too for some reason i cnt finish that well

I played high school ball. I was a point guard, although never really got a lot of playing time. :(

lakers4sho
I'm really good at doing pump fake and pivot around, most of the time I get a wide open shot then I can just bank it in with a leaner. I copied that move off of Kobe b/c he does that alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnEUjFEBrs&fmt=18

Or sometimes I just do it without the spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZGXOhVBio&fmt=18

SAVAGE CLAW
08-08-2008, 12:02 AM
The two handed down to up vintage free throw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SportsFan1988
08-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I like the turn around, fade away jumper.

That's one of the more exciting plays to do, if you can knock it down. Also one of the toughest.

lalakobe24
08-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I played high school ball. I was a point guard, although never really got a lot of playing time. :(

point guard is headache position coaches get on your *** alot haha

SportsFan1988
08-08-2008, 12:10 AM
point guard is headache position coaches get on your *** alot haha

Oh yeah, for sure. A LOT of pressure, let me tell you.

I couldn't tell you how many times I had the ball in my hands while the game was on the line, thrilling, but definitely over-hyped. The pressure is unbelievable, and the intensity is crazy. I have had my share of heroics, but lets just say, not all of them have exactly went my way. And I'm not just talking about high school ball, trying to sound like a champ :D, I'm also referring to a lot of other travel leagues I've played for as well, with less competition.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
My teardrop always goes in
I also drive in near the free throw line and stop to take a pull up jumper, Jordan's signature move :D

SAVAGE CLAW
08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
PG is the funniest position to play, your entire team depends on you.

Of course with a great power comes a great responsability....

And i was soooooo irresponsible :D

Im still proud of my three point shoot anyway.

tonyd3b54
08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
got to moves

1) spin move

2) shoot the ball before the defense notices i hav it...

3) pass the ball before the d can take it from me...

but ya i was a post player wit great athleticism goin into highschool and i never really grew so i didnt develope any dribbling skills at a young age... so in highschool i was a guard with a decent shot that couldnt dribble... not a good combo...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 12:17 AM
i pump fake and get the defender on a jump shot and lay ups

when i drive the ball i use a spin move in the paint

Kyle N.
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM

That's why you always have a good teammate to kick it out to. :D

freaKonAleasH
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
sometimes i go to the park and i cant get down low without getting it stolen or blocked, so my go to move is run across the free throw line and put up a hook shot, i would say i 1/25 of them

530 raiderhater
08-08-2008, 12:36 AM
im a big man, so i like the the baby hook. my team mates make fun of me cuz i always do it, they say its the only move i have.. but it always works so why do anything else? lol

richardle9
08-08-2008, 12:37 AM
my moves:

1) the teardrop, this is one of my favorite shots, this is what rafer alston does alot

2) i drive in hard on the left side past the defender and make layup

3) post up, move right then hook shot with right hand

4) im am a pretty good shooter so if im open ill drain it

BlondeBomber41
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I am 6'2 and 220 pounds almost, so at the park or rec center I am a center :D

I like to post up on the left block with my back to the basket, and then go right and crack the mini hook.

Or I will post up on the left block and spin towards the baseline and go up with it.

I have gotten really good with both of them, even my best friends have trouble guarding me and they know exactly what I like to do. I am thinking about trying out for the Lakers.

lalakobe24
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
im a big man, so i like the the baby hook. my team mates make fun of me cuz i always do it, they say its the only move i have.. but it always works so why do anything else? lol

im just 5,8 but hookshot is one of my fave moves makes me feel like magic johnson haha

Bosh=nextKG
08-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Well unlike all u old men i'm still in high school. haha yeah the fade away is a go to move of mine as well as some moves in the paint. Startin on either block u pivot into the paint and face the basket. Then you pump fake, go up and under then you slam it home with 2 hands. Being 6'6 does help tho.

S.J.Basketball
08-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm just crazy. I have way too much energy and people always call me crazy on the court cuz I don't have a signature move or anything. I shoot backwards, over my head, run and jump from the 3 point line....everything!

My favorite is either shooting the 3 right in there face like Stephen Jackson...but making it....or just running like a ridiculous wild man to the basket and throwing up some ridiculous looking lay-up...which goes in from time to time! lol

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 12:49 AM
PG is the funniest position to play, your entire team depends on you.

Of course with a great power comes a great responsability....

And i was soooooo irresponsible :D

Im still proud of my three point shoot anyway.

Clownin around is tha funnest thing to do at point but I usually don't play point though. I like shaking somebody off ball and gettin the open look, even though the person with the ball might not see you.

I also like takin 3's in people's faces just to see if I can spray them :)

roo3flash
08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
i play for NL highschool

my favorite move for getting the open spot is to do the d will hop-step back nd pull up nd if they do stick wit me pump fake nd draw the foul

but im more of a driver...i like to either double cross to the right or pull a quick spin move after making it in the paint like d wade...

i base my game on those two players-wade and d will

lalakobe24
08-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Well unlike all u old men i'm still in high school. haha yeah the fade away is a go to move of mine as well as some moves in the paint. Then you slam it down with 2 hands.

old men? im still in high school too bro lol

richardle9
08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
hey guys im a right hander but i shoot left handed and for some reason i can dribble better with my left hand i am weak with my right hand at dribbling
any tips on how the strengthen my right hand dribble? thanks

kb24ap28
08-08-2008, 01:05 AM
this is the best move i do it all the time but it works everytime.

drive to the lane and as u take ur two steps for ur layup do a fake pass the defender bites every time. ---- free layup

like so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrQsMx6hOU

i also love to do the kobe spin move

like so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbnmNF1sdrI

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 01:05 AM
hey guys im a right hander but i shoot left handed and for some reason i can dribble better with my left hand i am weak with my right hand at dribbling

I wouldn't know anything about that im left handed and I can dribble best with my right hand.

JIDsanity
08-08-2008, 01:22 AM
A turn and fade that I don't do often. I shoot alot of 3's so I really don't have one unless the weird Antawn Jamison like running hook that I do counts. It's kida like a floater, but I fade on it. My dad calls it a fade away layup.

POZUNO
08-08-2008, 01:29 AM
My first step leaves fools in a doozy. A quick jab step if needed and I'm off to the hole like its a grand buffet.:cool:

Other than that, I've got a nice looking hook shot that I can hit with both hands. Mind you I'm only 5'9 kickin hook shots over giants in the park. Whatever works! :D

brandonwarne52
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Thank for all advice in this thead. I'm loking to be in nba and need advice what to do.

Kyle N.
08-08-2008, 01:41 AM
We had a football player that came out and made the JV team. He was 6'3'' to 6'4''. 300+ pounds. He fouled out every game...

*Superman*
08-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I like the fade away turn around, impossible to block, unless they know what you are about to do. But i always drive hard to the hole and go up strong, draw a foul or something. Based my shots and moves off of Tmac and Kobe, watch their clips or something and im sure you will find something you like.

conway429
08-08-2008, 01:47 AM

When I was in high school, this guy I knew used to walk between classes dribbling a ball, weaving through people in the halls and outside and whatnot. He ended up playing for the junior national team (*ahem* Canada... but still...). I feel like I heard Steve Nash used to do it too, at Santa Clara... I don't know how old you are, if you're still in school, or if your job will allow you to dribble a basketball all day, but dribbling is all about practice and repitition, until it becomes second nature. There's nothing easier than defending a guy who can only go one way.

And my move is a 360 tomohawk jam, taking off from the free throw line. Sometimes I'll shatter the glass of the backboard. Then I let out a primal roar and smack my chest repeatedly. It's pretty effective.

BigEric
08-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I usually take what the defense gives me. If they play it right, I usually call for the ball at the wing, call for a pick, doesnt matter who, and I begin a move to the basket in which i start my dribble on my tippy toes, and when the pick is set, i get as low as i can to the ground to advance to the rim, left or right it doesnt matter. I'm very very fast for a big guy and very well balanced so the move works alot.

If Im against smaller players, I use a back down move, and quick spin move, depending the side in which the defender is playing me. If their left arm is on me, i will go to the left, and the same goes for the right hand.

argo
08-08-2008, 02:41 AM
people always expect you to finish right.. get a left hand going, makes it look easy.

rico
08-08-2008, 02:48 AM
i like the pump fake drive.
crossover
and just splashing 3's while im not guarded.
im short so when i drive if a lot of big dudes are there im usually throwing up circus shots like dwade/reverse layups.

i also like to throw up the sky hook, just because its funny because im not a big man. im actually pretty decent with it. the bank is usually always open for the sky hook :P

htownhamzab
08-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh, I just gotta get to the free throw line and from there, I start flying, jump over a few cats, and throw it down with my forearm in the hoop.:cool:

No, but really, i always try to get to the goal. If i cant, i just do whatever i can to score. Dont really have a go-to move.

TheFuture6
08-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Jab-step, then pull up. Or crossover then pull up.

Automatic from around the free throw line.

Chronz
08-08-2008, 05:36 AM
My first step is my only go to move, Im pretty limited offensively but I can get streaky hot

I run alot of Pick and roll with my big homie, I always find him open and because hes so dominant I can get a couple of layups a game just from them payin too much attention to him.

Heres a question for you guys, have you ever watched GAME TAPE of your games? Its pretty remarkable what you can learn just from watching yourself play.

Noreaga
08-08-2008, 07:00 AM
dribble with the left, step back mini pump fake then cross when they jump a little....always works....

Knicks845
08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Well, I'm 5'6, so I use my speed and strength and a move I love to use is btw I'm right handed, drive in left handed and dish, to an open man, and after that drive in take a step back jump shot off my left foot, it seems pretty odd, but all the defender is thinking about is stopping the drive, and ill have enough space to shoot the jumpshot over the taller defender :bow: thank you very much :nod:

t mac and vick
08-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Mean crossover and spin

barreleffact
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
ala d-wade its the reverse between the legs after you drive hard either way and get in close to them...usuallu theyll give a ton of room to drive or shoot, and if not, one other move like an in and out and they're gone...also shooting wise i love base-line glass shots. easiest shots to make.

barreleffact
08-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Mean crossover and spin

idky...but thats one of the hardest things for me to master...i'll either s[pin too fast and have to rehandle or its too slow and pointless

Mile High Champ
08-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Im 7'0 so my moves are only post related...Myn has got to be a killer jump hook, can make it a sky hook as well with my right hand. Also I love to go with a drop step baseline in the post and throw it down. Both work gret for me as a post player..

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
buck wild face breaking flying elbows, nba jam style (or mutombo style)

bostncelts34
08-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Even though im a guard, most of my moves are with my back to the basket...

1. drop step.

2. Turning baby hook

3. turning fade away

All those i have down pretty good.

t mac and vick
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Im 7'0 so my moves are only post related...Myn has got to be a killer jump hook, can make it a sky hook as well with my right hand. Also I love to go with a drop step baseline in the post and throw it down. Both work gret for me as a post player..

you seven feet you need to be in the nba if i was 6'4 i could be in the nba georgia all state and honarary Mcdonald's All American but i got a try out coming up in europe soon please pray for me u might see me in the nba soon only 23

$ NyC $
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
you seven feet you need to be in the nba if i was 6'4 i could be in the nba georgia all state and honarary Mcdonald's All American but i got a try out coming up in europe soon please pray for me u might see me in the nba soon only 23

im like you..im actually here 2 trying 2 see if i can make it 2 the NBA...

but 2 answer the question...my signature go 2 move that almost ALWAYS is gauranteed $$ is the shake and bake (cross over) at the top of the key and shoot the 3 point jade in there FACE! OH BABY

marlinsfan24
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
This is simple, I just chuck the ball up there and pray it goes in. Most of the time it does. lol ;)

lakers4sho
08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank for all advice in this thead. I'm loking to be in nba and need advice what to do.

You're pursuing an NBA career? :speechless:

Do you have some clips of yourself on YouTube??

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Sky Hook and Sir Fatness Butt Kicking to Rebound.

Since my Stupid coach in Breogan Youth Scheme used to play me at teh 4 and sometimes even the 5 spot when i was just 5,7 or so and my rivals were 6,1 to 6,4 i had to learn how to overcome that hehight differente both in the oofensive and defensive ends.

So i took Skyhook as an example form kareem and Brakelys smarts for rebounding.

It worked out

i used to do liek 15/8/3 ***

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I start from the top right side of the key and drive in hard to my right with my right hand. Cross it over to my left hand and spin move right by the defender into a floating Lebron bank shot.

Same premise, I start from the top right side of the key and drive in hard to my right with my right hand. Cross it over to my left hand and spin move right by the defender but instead run under the basket hop step and then a silky smooth baby hook. (or drop it off to someone if I'm trapped)

Another I do is I post up my man about a step or two in from the free throw line on the left side of the basket. Throw a KG head fake at him and jump straight up from the post position and turn around bank shot. Money.

I use CP3s/TPs one handed runner around the free throw line a decent amount too. Plus the turn around fade away pump fake up and under move that Kobe burned Manu with in the playoffs usually works. Although that's difficult.

Atticus Finch
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I hate to brag, but there was a reason they called me the Brian Scalabrine of high school basketball. I continuously got replaced by more athletic players :D

I figured out I was a better coach than player though. I coached high school for 3 years before I had to move, and it was way too much fun.

HOZ THE KNICK
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
im a straight chucker....i love to shoot 3 pointers and fade aways

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Anyone can love to chuck up shots...do you at least make some?

And I love how "chucking" is your go to move.

Jeremy5150
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Thumb-rake to the eyes...

Jeremy5150
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I start from the top right side of the key and drive in hard to my right with my right hand. Cross it over to my left hand and spin move right by the defender into a floating Lebron bank shot.

Same premise, I start from the top right side of the key and drive in hard to my right with my right hand. Cross it over to my left hand and spin move right by the defender but instead run under the basket hop step and then a silky smooth baby hook. (or drop it off to someone if I'm trapped)

Another I do is I post up my man about a step or two in from the free throw line on the left side of the basket. Throw a KG head fake at him and jump straight up from the post position and turn around bank shot. Money.

I use CP3s/TPs one handed runner around the free throw line a decent amount too. Plus the turn around fade away pump fake up and under move that Kobe burned Manu with in the playoffs usually works. Although that's difficult.

I would thumb-rake you in the eyes...

val_modus
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
for me as a big guard i think if u can master the post up turn around hook shot then your unstoppable one on one hah, its so unfair cuz u have height and strength over ur defender, but if im being played at the wing position then its gotta my baseline D-Wade move lol, be on the baseline and go between the legs to the middle but quickly bring it back to the baseline and ur gone by your defender, if he recovers go up and under baseline, easiest adjusment shot in basketball

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I would thumb-rake you in the eyes...

Ah yes the thumb-rake defense, I believe Ric Flair invented that in the 60's.

Z-ray21
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
i usually do the rajon rondo move
behind the back fake pass then layup

knicks religion
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
just crossover, drive hard, and when they try to get in front of you use your body to get position on them so that they cannot get a hold of you on your way to the basket.

or

a quick two-step dribble under the legs leaning forward so that when they fall back you'e already in the motion to pull back your positioning and either make a move in another direction ( around them ) or pull up for the `j

Jeremy5150
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Ah yes the thumb-rake defense, I believe Ric Flair invented that in the 60's.

"Wooooo!!!"

Many NBA players have adopted this too, as Ray Allen found out in the Finals. It can also be a potent offensive tactic (my personal favorite) by temporarily blinding the pesky, and unwelcome defender.

KingsMadness44
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
for me i do a hard drive to the right lay it off the opposite side with my left

or i fake a crossover and pull up

but in typicaly a set shooter so when people find me open i can usually knock it down

fabian11593
08-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm only 15 years old and I played freshman ball for my high school and personally, my 3 point shot is DEADLY. i think my shooting is my best part of my game. I think I have a deadly jumpshot. Everyone at my school that plays ball said that I have the best wet.

fabian11593
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I also like near the 3 point line, I start backing up my oppenent and then I quicky turn around, and knock down the fadeaway jumpers. Trust me, shooting has to be my strongest part because I am one of the skinniest people you will ever see.

ShaunRiching9
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
usually crossover dribble then if i dont beat him i draw it back and ftry to find the open man

dbow2019
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
im a really good 3pt shooter so i use that to my advantage...i go to the right side fake the shot and then go under the net for a layup, and if they dont fall for the pump fake i cross them over and if that doesnt work and my shot isnt falling i just pass because that is probably the best part of my game

SpeedReed
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
through the leg dribble then tomahawk dunk.

on an eight foot rim.

_Sn1P3r_
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Post up on a 45 degree angle, from free-throw extended, then fade and using the backboard.

CHC/LAL Fan
08-08-2008, 04:35 PM
pick and roll or spin move

LAKERS 24/7
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
yea i just try to go the opposite way that the defense is leaning and do some combination of crossover or spin move to try and get a layup. if not then a pull up jumper usually.

deftonesrule
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
when i was in high school i was able to do a nasty hook shot off a layup , like a J-hook running toward the baseline about 10 feet from the paint. i havent played in a long time but i love being in the triple threat mode, look around for a good pass and then move to a comfy spot to get the ball back and either shoot or lay it up.

i also love the gliding layup, to defenders its like a slowball that trips people up. its easy to block so you have to use it decitfully. aside from all that i just follow basics and do silly things i make up on the fly. b-ball is about having fun.

Kyle N.
08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
When I was in high school, this guy I knew used to walk between classes dribbling a ball, weaving through people in the halls and outside and whatnot. He ended up playing for the junior national team (*ahem* Canada... but still...). I feel like I heard Steve Nash used to do it too, at Santa Clara... I don't know how old you are, if you're still in school, or if your job will allow you to dribble a basketball all day, but dribbling is all about practice and repitition, until it becomes second nature. There's nothing easier than defending a guy who can only go one way.

And my move is a 360 tomohawk jam, taking off from the free throw line. Sometimes I'll shatter the glass of the backboard. Then I let out a primal roar and smack my chest repeatedly. It's pretty effective.

:laugh:

KG#1
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
breakaway dunk

Leftcoast_yg
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
pulling up from the 3 coming down the court

hgtiger32
08-08-2008, 10:00 PM
mine is a move that my coach showed me...the pisstol pete move...the fake crossover...ill cross back and forth...left-right-left-right-fake crossover and drive to the hoop

Raptors27
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Backing Down, Spin Move, turn around jumper or just draw the foul.

Jay22Redd
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I usually do the body rock then blow pass my defender. I make their big man commit to me so i can dish it off to my big man, or lay it in. Most of the time, I had to dish it though.

2007-2008
Eisenhower High School Varsity Basketball
Record: 30-4 :smile:
but lost in the first round of the playoffs. I was number 22, starting point guard.

IS27NY
08-08-2008, 11:16 PM
back down and sky hook

Westbrook36
08-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Im all about the Crossover and Fade Away, Also I love the Spins

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-08-2008, 11:57 PM
pointless

iwish7284
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I like to take the ball down low in the post and either do a fake spin left or do a head fake spinning right then go up and under. seems to work and always draws the foul

jjizle
08-09-2008, 12:47 AM
drive then pull up for mid range jumper, everyones obsessed with threes and fancy layups(dunks if your lucky enough to be tall) that no one sees the jumper coming

JIDsanity
08-09-2008, 12:50 AM
im a really good 3pt shooter so i use that to my advantage...i go to the right side fake the shot and then go under the net for a layup, and if they dont fall for the pump fake i cross them over and if that doesnt work and my shot isnt falling i just pass because that is probably the best part of my game
You raelly shouldn't pass because you are having an off game do it because you are making a play

heyman321
08-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Draining treys all day baby :)

blams
08-09-2008, 01:08 AM
i fake to the left/right and then fade away to the right/left.

or just drain treys all day.

robruss614
08-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Well for me it depends on what type of guy is guarding me if its a small player or someone i can backdown i will take the to the post and hit them with a dream shake with a ball fake the middle and turnaround for a easy lay up or jumper usually with the left since im a lefty but most of the time i use a pick and take a step back jumper

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 01:46 AM
I start at the three point line. I either fake a shot or the direction, then drive in and shoot either a straight up jumpshoot from mid range, a fadeway, or a pump fake then shoot. The pump fake is harder because if the defender doesn't go for it, there is not a lot you can do.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Also. I'm really close of dunking, and I'm only 5'11. God I want to dunk on someone one day.

LakeShowRaider
08-09-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm not to fast so I like to pump fake a lot and depending on what the defender does ill eiither blow by em or if I already used my dribble go for an up and under and if they dont fall for the pump fake, well then i just pull a KObe and make shoot right over em! haha but unlike Kobe's when I do that mine usually doesnt go in! haha

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Also. I'm really close of dunking, and I'm only 5'11. God I want to dunk on someone one day.

LOL, their is nothing better than that feeling...Going up higher than the other guy and throwing it down on him, Tea Bag son.lol

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:01 AM
[/B]
LOL, their is nothing better than that feeling...Going up higher than the other guy and throwing it down on him, Tea Bag son.lol

I hated it because I can throw it down on 9 and a half so easy. My friend though he's like 5 foot 7 and he can dunk. He gets up so high. He just throws off the backboard and then Whamm! I tried that in a game and I almost bust my ***.

Sixerlover
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Baseline drive. All of my magic comes off of the baseline. I was a 3 in high school (probably will be a shooting guard in college), so I didn't really handle the ball up top that much unless an Iso or something was being called for me. My first time dunking on someone was off of baseline.

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 02:11 AM
I hated it because I can throw it down on 9 and a half so easy. My friend though he's like 5 foot 7 and he can dunk. He gets up so high. He just throws off the backboard and then Whamm! I tried that in a game and I almost bust my ***.

Yeah i can barely dunk on 9 and I'm 5'7, so i don't have much hops,lol, but when the hoop is low enough,lol, i can dunk over people.:D I'm still in HS and hope to grow some more.

Other than that i have a good all around game and unlike a lot of people, i like to play D for some reason. Make it hard for them, you know.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Yeah i can barely dunk on 9 and I'm 5'7, so i don't have much hops,lol, but when the hoop is low enough,lol, i can dunk over people.:D I'm still in HS and hope to grow some more.

Other than that i have a good all around game and unlike a lot of people, i like to play D for some reason. Make it hard for them, you know.

I'm still in high school, too. Senior year. Oh Yeah, Baby!! Yeah I hope I will grow some more too. I love swatting some ones shot out of the gym. It's the second best feeling in basketball(dunking over someone).

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm still in high school, too. Senior year. Oh Yeah, Baby!! Yeah I hope I will grow some more too. I love swatting some ones shot out of the gym. It's the second best feeling in basketball(dunking over someone).

Good luck to you on your last year, I'm gonna be a Sophomore now, you got any tips for a Rookie.lol

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Just thought I'd throw it out there, tonight for the b-ball league I'm in, I got to play against Antonio Daniels:D

As for my go to move..it all depends I guess, on who is guarding me. If its a shorter person, I will just go to the block and do a nice little hook shot. If its a taller person, or person my height, I use jab steps and my footwork to give myself some space.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Good luck to you on your last year, I'm gonna be a Sophomore now, you got any tips for a Rookie.lol

Coaches like someone who is a hard worker, not really flashy. They like someone who can play at their best for 4 quarters not one or two. Work on your dribbling and shooting. If are a deadly three point shooter it will open your whole game up. Leave the refs alone, they won't change their calls. You can go up to them and ask them what you did wrong, but arguing won't help at all.Ohh, never talk back to your coach, no matter what he said.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Just thought I'd throw it out there, tonight for the b-ball league I'm in, I got to play against Antonio Daniels:D

As for my go to move..it all depends I guess, on who is guarding me. If its a shorter person, I will just go to the block and do a nice little hook shot. If its a taller person, or person my height, I use jab steps and my footwork to give myself some space.

That's so cool. If you don't mind me asking where is the league at?

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Coaches like someone who is a hard worker, not really flashy. They like someone who can play at their best for 4 quarters not one or two. Work on your dribbling and shooting. If are a deadly three point shooter it will open your whole game up. Leave the refs alone, they won't change their calls. You can go up to them and ask them what you did wrong, but arguing won't help at all.Ohh, never talk back to your coach, no matter what he said.

Thanks, i will keep that in mind come tryout time.:)

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:29 AM
That's so cool. If you don't mind me asking where is the league at?

Its a church league(San Antonio). There was also some players that played college ball as well on the team, from what I was told.

My team got killed, but I held my own with 17 points. I even got a pic of me guarding him in a play.

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Its a church league(San Antonio). There was also some players that played college ball as well on the team, from what I was told.

My team got killed, but I held my own with 17 points. I even got a pic of me guarding him in a play.

Nice.

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Nice.

Yup. For being a church league, it is actually pretty damn competitive. Some pretty good players there.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:33 AM

Pretty good. Did you score on him? That's some bragging rights, right there.

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Pretty good. Did you score on him? That's some bragging rights, right there.

Yea, I actually busted a 3 on him. In fact I even crossed him up on a play where he guarded me, but when I got into the paint my friend got in my way and I turned the ball over :pity:

Also my team usually plays zone defense, but on one of the plays I got to guard him 1 on 1..he went hard at me, but I was able to stop him because he couldnt get around me, so he ended up shooting a 3. Made me proud:smoking:

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Yea, I actually busted a 3 on him. In fact I even crossed him up on a play where he guarded me, but when I got into the paint my friend got in my way and I turned the ball over :pity:

Also my team usually plays zone defense, but on one of the plays I got to guard him 1 on 1..he went hard at me, but I was able to stop him because he couldnt get around me, so he ended up shooting a 3. Made me proud:smoking:

Definitely bragging rights, just don't tell the other part, just say you went in and you did a reverse layup.

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Definitely bragging rights, just don't tell the other part, just say you went in and you did a reverse layup.

:nod:

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Oh and NBA.com has him listed at 6'4. Lol...that is false.

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 09:12 AM
my good moves: my blocking is terrific,i shoot a lot 3s and 2s and i have a very good presentages,my jumpshot is good,my crossover is quite good,my layup and my ability to make quick decisions are some of my advantages,too.these are me good moves

TheFuture6
08-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Man, I would love to play ball against some of the posters on this site... Especially Josh.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I just go up and jam it. Yeah right. My go to move is to go to the bench, I SUCK! Really good at defense and rebounding and love to pass to teammates. But my shot is awful. I have the range of Shaq. Anything inside 10 feet is 50% anything outside is down to 30% behind the 3 point line is 20%. Plus I grew up watching Jordan so I copied all his moves. Footwork is there, just cant complete the shot.

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Man, I would love to play ball against some of the posters on this site... Especially Josh.

:love:

DerekRE_3
08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I have a couple.

From the left elbow I pivot towards the middle of the lane, and then do a turnaround fadaway going towards the baseline and bank it.

People hate this...I drive right but flip the ball up towards the basket with my left hand under the defenders arm, it's kind of a Vlade move. But it works.

I love doing one handed floaters in the lane over bigger defenders.

lakers4sho
08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a couple.

From the left elbow I pivot towards the middle of the lane, and then do a turnaround fadaway going towards the baseline and bank it.

People hate this...I drive right but flip the ball up towards the basket with my left hand under the defenders arm, it's kind of a Vlade move. But it works.

I love doing one handed floaters in the lane over bigger defenders.

LOL my friend did that once to me I was like wtf? :box:

OT: You listen to Muse? That's awesome :nod:

DerekRE_3
08-09-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL my friend did that once to me I was like wtf? :box:

OT: You listen to Muse? That's awesome :nod:

Yeah people think it's so dirty. They just think I get lucky when I do it. But it's an actual move that I try to do.

And yes, Muse is amazing. Saw them live...wow :speechless:

CubsBullsfan28
08-09-2008, 02:55 PM
when i play i either drive to the basket and put up a floater that goes straight in, or i start to dribble, take a step back and hit a fade away shot.

KobeDaMamba
08-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Fadeaway from the corner

Vinny642
08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
i like doing a one handed floater like cp3 and just some random crazy shots, im more of a defense and pick setter tho

Vinny642
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Yup. For being a church league, it is actually pretty damn competitive. Some pretty good players there.

sux i dont go to church lol

Joshtd1
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
sux i dont go to church lol

I don't go to church either...

Vinny642
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't go to church either...

LOL o0o

balla4life22
08-09-2008, 06:24 PM
in & out to a crossover

Anthony Flores
08-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I play SF for my High School team we would have this play we ran almost every time were the PG would get behind of me to the left and I would pass and he would shoot. So Whenever the point gaurd was in that position I would stop fake pass left pivot right and fadeaway, I also am a 56% 3 shooter because I always make my step back 3's

CB30
08-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Im partial to the pump fake up and under move

WntAbCEO
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
1.a step back crossover with a hard drive to the right jump, fade to the side and shoot

2. a hard drive to the right then jump off my right foot doing a 180 in the air and shoot with my right hand ( its like weird layup ) its not that hard either

*church league is awesome, we were amazing we had a great bench

lalakobe24
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
dang dnt know this many people here balled haha

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I play SF for my High School team we would have this play we ran almost every time were the PG would get behind of me to the left and I would pass and he would shoot. So Whenever the point gaurd was in that position I would stop fake pass left pivot right and fadeaway, I also am a 56% 3 shooter because I always make my step back 3's

62%!:p

MiamiHeat
08-09-2008, 07:33 PM
wade's goto move is mines :D

EX-TREME
08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
i Just shoot 3 pointers.

MILESC04
08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
well i got three moves...im going to list them in order from most effective..

1. i never really know which way im goin jus depends on where the lanes are and where everyone is. but basically its a serious of dribbling steps to keep the defender guessing and when he commits i go the other way for the layup over any and everybody....7 footers witnessed it before

2. is jus as affective its jus a crossover from right to left...one extra dribble and jump shot...rise up...its more dwade tho...crossover jump shot....

3. my last one is the fade away..i developed that in my senior year last year and it made me even more difficult to gaurd....on the baseline is where its most effective

redsox96
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
:cheer::cheer:i drive hard in cut right right handed layup

Last year my team undefeated

me

12 ppg
6 rpg
3 spg
4 bpg

redsox96
08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
seriously DONT TOUCH THAT BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY TEAM WENT 20 0

ackar
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
the baby hook even though I am only 6'1 it is a killer.

Seventh King
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Fade away, all day . . . and kicking the opponent in the nuts by accident and driving by them if the fade away isn't falling . . .

Zefflin
08-15-2008, 03:39 PM
wade's goto move is mines :D

A travel?

;)