PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's NATION (66-49) ESPN's Ozzie Being Ozzie (63-50)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JDIsMyGod23
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
"'Red Sox Nation?' What a bunch of **** that is. That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans" - Hank Steinbrenner

Game One - 8:11 - The Cell - CSN
John - Moe - Lester (10-3 3.14 ERA)
Mark - I suck again - Buehrle (8-10 4.07 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Red Sox: The lefty continues to pitch like an ace. In his last start, he allowed two runs over seven innings in a win over the A's. Lester has gone seven innings or more in his last five starts, and eight of his last nine. He is 6-0 with a 2.67 ERA over that span. This will be Lester's second career start at U.S. Cellular Field. The first one came in 2006, when he picked up a win by allowing two runs over six innings.

White Sox: Buehrle would like to forget his Saturday start against the Royals. In what was arguably his worst start of the season, Buehrle allowed eight runs and surrendered 14 hits in 4 1/3 innings. He gave up two home runs and struck out only one batter. Buehrle succeeds by letting hitters put the ball in play and giving his defense the work, but he gave up 10 line drives to Royals hitting, a total from which even he cannot recover. Buehrle has yet to face Boston this season, but is 4-4 with a 4.46 ERA against the Red Sox lifetime.

Game Two - 7:05 - The Cell - WGN
Daisuke - Kamikaze Tanaka - Matsuzaka (12-2 3.04 ERA)
Jose - Welcome Back - Contreras (7-6 4.60 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Red Sox: Matsuzaka bounced back from a subpar outing against the Angels (six runs, seven hits in five innings) to pitch six strong innings for his team-high 12th win his last time out. He limited the A's to two runs on four hits last Sunday, striking out eight and walking two to beat Oakland for the second time in three starts this year. He has lost only once since June 21, winning four times since then, with a 2.38 ERA. Matsuzaka is 0-1 in one career start against the White Sox, but takes a 5-0 season road record to the mound for this start. He is 12-8 away from Fenway Park during his two-year career in the Major Leagues.

White Sox: Contreras is expected to come off the 15-day disabled list to make Saturday's start against Boston. The right-hander started one game on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday, pitching five innings and surrendering three runs on four hits and three walks. He also struck out four. Prior to landing on the DL with right elbow tendinitis, Contreras struggled. He allowed at least three runs to score in seven straight starts and never made it out of the seventh inning. And Contreras has historically struggled against the Red Sox, compiling a 9.12 ERA in 10 appearances against them.

Game Three - 2:05 - The Cell - CSN
Clay - Knuck if you - Bucholz (2-7 5,94 ERA)
Gavin - Yellowhammer - Floyd (11-6 3.66 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Red Sox: One big inning continues to haunt Buchholz. In his last start against the Royals, the bottom of the third was the troublesome one, as he allowed three runs in what turned out a 4-3 loss. In five starts since returning from Triple-A Pawtucket, Buchholz is 0-4 with a 6.59 ERA. Perhaps something clicked for Buchholz in the last three innings of that start, when he didn't allow a run. This will be Buchholz's first career appearance against the White Sox.

White Sox: Floyd was unimpressive against the Tigers on Tuesday. He lasted just four-plus innings and allowed five runs on eight hits and two walks. He gave up a two-run home run in the first to Placido Polanco and another in the fifth to Curtis Granderson shortly before he exited the game. It was the third time this season that he's been pulled before getting through five innings. Floyd has never started a game against Boston but did appear once in relief last season. In 3 2/3 innings, Floyd allowed four earned runs, including two home runs.

Game Four - 8:11 - The Cell - WCIU
Josh - It's not the postseason - Beckett (10-8 4.08 ERA)
John - The ace up our sleeve - Danks (9-4 3.21 ERA)

Scouting Report:
Red Sox: Beckett was impressive in his last start, giving up four hits and two runs over 6 2/3 innings, striking out seven in a win over the Royals. It was Beckett's first victory since July 9. The right-hander has pitched well on the road this season despite a 5-5 record, posting a 3.38 ERA in 12 starts. Beckett is holding opponents to a .256 average.

White Sox: Danks got himself and his club back on track on Wednesday against the Tigers. After a taxing 14-inning game the previous night, Danks gave the White Sox 6 2/3 innings of quality pitching, surrendering just one run on four hits. He walked just one batter and struck out six. He had struggled in his previous three starts since the All-Star break in which he had allowed a combined 14 earned runs. He hasn't faced the Sox this season, but got lit pretty bad twice last year against them. He allowed nine runs in 9 1/3 innings against the Red Sox in 2007, walking five against four strikeouts.

JDIsMyGod23
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Split. I always take split's on 4-gamers. And apparently my "Y" button didn't want to work in the Sweep category.

Sox Appeal
08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm loving the name of the IGT. Serious Props JD.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I want to know if it's Twins fans or Cubs fans who vote for the sweeps.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I want to know if it's Twins fans or Cubs fans who vote for the sweeps.
You could always make it a public poll, then you can see who voted.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I normally do, but forgot. But, when you vote you can't see the results unless I'm stupid.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 12:22 AM
"Wherever Red Sox Nation is, I just wish Bush would invade it."

I love that quote.

SouthSideSox
08-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I voted for 3, tell me when is a better time for Griffey to hit a couple homers?

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
"Wherever Red Sox Nation is, I just wish Bush would invade it."

I love that quote.

:laugh2: Did Hank say that too?

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not sure who said it originally though.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
It's in the great article "Shut up, Red Sox Nation", not sure if that's where it originated but that's where I first read it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/070829&sportCat=mlb

whitesoxbowler
08-08-2008, 01:40 AM
"Kamakaze Tanaka" has to be the best nickname yet!!! I say split. We beat Lester and Buchholz, Matsuzaka probably shuts us out, and Beckett is the wild card...that game could go either way.

DaSox_05
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Since we are at home even though it is against the Sawx I say we take three. Dice-K walk a lot of guys if the White Sox can be paitent we could knock him out of the game early and get into there bullpen. We should beat Bucholz. I have not seen that much of Lester, so cant give opinon there and yes the Beckett game is a toss up.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Haha Moe-Lester and Knuck if you-Bucholtz are pretty good ones.

Whats really ironic is that none of these games are on ESPN.

We'll take 3 because we kinda need to.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I have a real good feeling about this series for some reason.........I can see us taking 3, and everything breaks right, a sweep

kwstriker299
08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I picked 3 also, just cuz im sick of saying "a split would be nice". Tonite is a big game IMO. Behurle needs to dominate, and set the tone for the rest of the series. If Behurle lays an egg tonite im scared with Jose picthing next. Could be bad news. Time to show the rest of the AL that we really mean business....

WindyCityFlyer
08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I am going Sunday. They better beat up on Bucholtz which I am sure they will. Nick Swisher Bobblehead day!

OzzieBear
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I just see Jose having an awful outing, same goes for "Off the Mark" Buehrle. Let's just hope those combined 25 k's over the 3 game series vs the Tigers aren't an indication we're going into another slump with the bats...

go go white sox

PS Joe Crede please come back soon.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I have faith in Contreras. Rested and healthy, he could come back and pitch like he did early in the season.

Also... the setup of this lineup is pissing me off. OC and AJ do not get on base for our power hitters... Thome reaches on tons of walks and then we have to watch Konerko step up to the plate for an almost sure DP... Swisher reaches base a lot and then is followed by Uribe...

Swisher should hit either first or second, I would prefer first... I dont care if he hit .212 there, his OBP is .357 in the leadoff spot. Also, needless to say, he sees a lot of pitches. If Ozzie prefers OC leading off, then thats fine hit Swish 2nd.

Also... the fact that our best OBP guy is followed by our worst hitter (not counting Uribe) is baffling. Thome at cleanup followed by Dye, AJ, Ramirez, Konerko/ Griffey, Uribe would be a much more dangerous lineup.

Personally I think this would make for a less streaky offense, based on consistent trends from our hitters.

kwstriker299
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
^^ i agree with you to a point, but i just dont think swisher at the top of the order works. we've been there and tried it. Yea he sees a lot of pitches and walks, but what does he do when hes not walking. Nothing. I think we are just kinda stuck with what we have right now. And Konerko is starting to hit (ever since i got rid of my sig cult, and i think i was the last one to do so).

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I say 3. Also, I go to the game on Sunday!

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 11:28 AM
^^ i agree with you to a point, but i just dont think swisher at the top of the order works. we've been there and tried it. Yea he sees a lot of pitches and walks, but what does he do when hes not walking. Nothing. I think we are just kinda stuck with what we have right now. And Konerko is starting to hit (ever since i got rid of my sig cult, and i think i was the last one to do so).

Well something needs to be done to get guys on for CQ... because he has a 1.088 OPS with runners on base and only 169 AB's...

iDaBears85
08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Gonna be interesting to see the lineup comming up with Konerko starting to come around the last couple games..same with Swish. I would our normal lineup tonight and sit Griffey against the lefty

kwstriker299
08-08-2008, 11:36 AM
i disagree. Griffey needs to play. We didnt trade for him to sit on the bench. I think swisher should sit tonite. And yes Quentin is a beast. Just imagine what his stats would be if he consistently had people on base ahead of him.

kwstriker299
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
another thing i think we need to do is find out whos gonna be playing and whos not. We cant just keep rotating Jr, Paulie, Thome, and Swish. Especially since we are in a playoff push, players just need to play. Someone has to be the odd man out, wether its paulie or swish, thats just how it has to be.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
i disagree. Griffey needs to play. We didnt trade for him to sit on the bench. I think swisher should sit tonite. And yes Quentin is a beast. Just imagine what his stats would be if he consistently had people on base ahead of him.

If we had a leadoff and two hitter with respectable OBP's he would be almost automatic MVP.

DaSox_05
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry kwstriker Griffey needs to sit he is the one slumping right now everybody else is hot right now.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry kwstriker Griffey needs to sit he is the one slumping right now everybody else is hot right now.

True. Especially since we're facing a lefty.

Tragedy
08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't see any way the White Sox take 3. :shrug:

Lester is pitching his best baseball ever, so I'm fairly confident in game 1.

The only game in which I, as a Red Sox fan, look at and say "Ugh" has to be Clay Buchholz, since the kid hasn't done anything in the majors this season.

I could easily see a split. I'd be pretty shocked if either team actually took 3 of 4 or swept.

I'll make sure I'm in here baiting JD and the rest of you's. :clap:

DaSox_05
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Trag sorry but your the enemy this weekend :D I also probably see a split but I voted for 3 cuz we are at home and we play excellent at home. But a split is probably more realistic but thats why they play the game.

kwstriker299
08-08-2008, 12:50 PM
And if Behurle is on tonite the Saux will have a very though time. I see us winning tonite, i think behurle will bring his 'A' game.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm saying L, W (I feel good about Jose I don't know why), W, L.

Moe Lester will pwn us tonight. And we seem to never win the last game of the series anymore.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
New JD signature tradition. Will have a new sig of an amazing movie after every loss we have.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
New JD signature tradition. Will have a new sig of an amazing movie after every loss we have.

Ha. Office Space is my favorite movie you can only go downhill from there in my eyes.

"I deal with the God Damn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills!"

DaSox_05
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Grinder you never answered my post in the off topic thread????

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Grinder you never answered my post in the off topic thread????

Answered.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM

I will take an offshoot of your idea and have a Seinfeld or Office sig after every loss.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
HAHA. Epicness in the fold. Seinfeld and Office Space.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Go Swisher bobblehead night hopefully I get one!

WindyCitySox
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
griffey should sit today IMO.

We take 3... hopefully.

iDaBears85
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I have a silly feeling we will only get 1

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I have a silly feeling we will only get 1

Boooo that mentaility

iDaBears85
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
**** That Let's Sweep These Sons Of *****es

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
**** That Let's Sweep These Sons Of *****es

That's the spirit.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Ill settle for 3 wins................we need to set the tone tonight and hopefully the forum turnout rivals the Detroit series

SouthSideSox
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Ill settle for 3 wins................we need to set the tone tonight and hopefully the forum turnout rivals the Detroit series

i have a feeling the forum turnout will blow the Detroit series out of the washing machine, get it because both teams are the Sox.....wow Im an idiot

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
i have a feeling the forum turnout will blow the Detroit series out of the washing machine, get it because both teams are the Sox.....wow Im an idiot

Joke = FAIL. But, hopefully this one doesn't blow up like the Detroit one. Don't need Brent making alternate threads. I'm really looking forward to this series, so I'll be here for sure. Even though my roommate is going to the bars for penny pitchers, but I will likely be here.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
And hopefully we dont crash the thread.............that was a ***** and a half

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Joke = FAIL. But, hopefully this one doesn't blow up like the Detroit one. Don't need Brent making alternate threads. I'm really looking forward to this series, so I'll be here for sure. Even though my roommate is going to the bars for penny pitchers, but I will likely be here.

Penny pitchers on a Friday? Mind blowing. Are you back at Ball State or at home?

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Ball State. I haven't gone in awhile since I'm dieting and trying not to be a fat slob anymore (lost 20 pounds), but it's tempting, but probably just going to go back before school starts. 3 dollars all you can drink though for 3 hours is insane and hard to pass up.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
We'd be lost without you...........me, Brent, Grinder and 05 would have to take the lead...........pry not a good thing

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Ball State. I haven't gone in awhile since I'm dieting and trying not to be a fat slob anymore (lost 20 pounds), but it's tempting, but probably just going to go back before school starts. 3 dollars all you can drink though for 3 hours is insane and hard to pass up.

20 lbs is pretty good congrats. but yeah id do that 3 dollar deal for sure. just go work out tomorrow.

racquetball i find is a great way to exercise for weight loss. Its hot as hell in there, and its a lot of running.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
We'd be lost without you...........me, Brent, Grinder and 05 would have to take the lead...........pry not a good thing

Eh I'm not usually in IGT's. Computer's not by a TV. When I go back to school I will though.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I moved into a complex with a basketball court and been playing about an hour today. Few more months and I could probably walk on the Ball State team. God, we suck.

chitown712
And JD, Im gonna keep bugging you until you switch me out from the pitchers and give me my own thing as Dotel................its irritating me for some reason

JDIsMyGod23
Eh I'm not usually in IGT's. Computer's not by a TV. When I go back to school I will though.

:jumpy:

JDIsMyGod23
And JD, Im gonna keep bugging you until you switch me out from the pitchers and give me my own thing as Dotel................its irritating me for some reason

Jesus attention whore.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I moved into a complex with a basketball court and been playing about an hour today. Few more months and I could probably walk on the Ball State team. God, we suck.

Basketball is really hard. I cant jump.

I play softball/ baseball/ wiffleball about 5 times a week in the summer and I gain weight. Baseball is relaxing.

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
:jumpy:

Suck it.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't jump for **** either, but I have a very good shot, and very streaky, like my beer pong game. When I'm hot I don't miss, but I do go like 10 shots without a make at random times.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Basketball is great.............I love my jump and long arms............6 foot and white but can dunk.........i love it!

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Basketball is great.............I love my jump and long arms............6 foot and white but can dunk.........i love it!

False. White people cannot dunk. My friend is 6'10'', and can only dunk occasionally. No jumping ability for white people.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
True statement..........I have over a six foot wingspan and have good explosion.........dunking although rare, happens for me

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM
True statement..........I have over a six foot wingspan and have good explosion.........dunking although rare, happens for me

Your girlfriend thinks I have good explosion :D

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Your girlfriend thinks I have good explosion :D

:rimshot:

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, I know how it feels to be Brent......my response will be a dignified silence

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Ahh I really had a lot of work to do today. But insted I chose to make jokes and come up with stupid trade ideas on PSD. Oh well still a productive day.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Yea, me and your mom had a pretty productive day too........Count it!

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Mom Jokes = EPIC Fail. What is it 1990?

chitown712
08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I wasnt even alive during that year so Id be dead if it were

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM

What would have been funny... Your Mom/GF/Sister and I had a very reproductive day.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Grinderball is impressing me today with this stuff.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm glad the IGT isn't incredibly off-topic or anything.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 05:03 PM
You started it with your talk of penny pitchers and working out

GrinderBall41
Grinderball is impressing me today with this stuff.

:bow:

chitown712
What would have been funny... Your Mom/GF/Sister and I had a very reproductive day.

Thank you.......I will learn from my mistakes............By my count, I owe you at least 3 rude/demoralizing comments

GrinderBall41
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you.......I will learn from my mistakes............By my count, I owe you at least 3 rude/demoralizing comments

Its all in good fun. If youre demoralized its no fault of mine, you just need to lighten up. We tell jokes here. Dont go all Lizard King on me.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I know but you got me so I owe you.........when you slip up, Ill be there to gain revenge

Illini Tim
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I think we are only going to get one win in this series. I hope I'm wrong. But with MB and Jose going-- there are two losses. I just hope we don't get swept.

SOX VICTORY
08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
i see where Linebrink isn't expected back until the end of the month, sure hope this bullpen can hold up till than. Somehow watching the on going struggles of Wasserman, Logan, and an unsettled spot with Russell isn't cause for a whole lot of confidence.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
What exactly happened to Linebrink? He just kind of disappeared without any notice. What is the injury he has?

chitown712
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I dont think its a terrible injury but the are being are pretty cautious with him.........we need him in September ready to go and hoepfully October

SOX VICTORY
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What exactly happened to Linebrink? He just kind of disappeared without any notice. What is the injury he has?

It's just been described as soreness no damage, but c'mon the guys been out nearly a month now and his return is still a question mark.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, sounds like Marvin Harrison aka the world's biggest *****. Or Prior.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Marvin will have you shot for saying that, Id be careful

SOX VICTORY
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow, sounds like Marvin Harrison aka the world's biggest *****. Or Prior.

Oh yeah, which reminds me what's up with Crede's return ?

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah, which reminds me what's up with Crede's return ?

I haven't heard anything. :shrug:

chitown712
08-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Who knows???...........this starting off the like Tigers thread.........6 pages before games even start.......and its a 4 game set!!

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 06:29 PM
there's no reason we can't win all 4. now, granted that unlikely, but you never know. sometimes teams get hot for no reason, sometimes they go cold for no reason, if mark can pitch the way he should be (like our ace he has been) there's no reason we can't sweep. but im thinking we can get 3 of 4, a split would be a disspointment, and anything less than that sucks.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
griffey should sit today IMO.

We take 3... hopefully.

When are the Sox retiring his #, and erecting his statue?

chitown712
08-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Right after they retire Todd Ritchies

iDaBears85
08-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Apparently they have seen enough of Fields....Uribe getting another start

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Thome is getting the day off. And Griffey is going to DH.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm wearing my Buehrle jersey, he has been winning when I wear it, but I'm logging off, he does horrid when I log on to the forum. Later guys.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Kick me in the dick, the *** in the green coat from the Cubs series is there.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Lets get it crackin boys!!! We got some work to do

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM

I would but that would pry just be awkward for both of us

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Why is Drew batting leadoff? He's their best hitter.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Two easy outs. Here comes Papi.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Good inning by Marky Mark.............but to play devils advocate, he did the same thing against KC too

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:15 PM
A very easy inning first inning for Mark. Hopefully he can keep it up.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Nice stuff Buehrl.

I hate that nickname "carmines".

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:29 PM

No! We need the sweet magic dick!

JDIsMyGod23
Two walks to lead off the inning for the Twins. Thanks Davies you're solid.

kingbrentg
Davies is about to suck one for the Royals in the 2nd. Two on and nobody out.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
No! We need the sweet magic dick!

Face it, you want it more.

sager729
08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Another strong quick inning for Buehrle.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Face it, you want it more.

I'm not going to lie. Whenever it makes an appearance, I'm pretty thrilled.

Sox Appeal
Another easy inning.

zzConflict
Nice stuff Buehrl.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm not going to lie. Whenever it makes an appearance, I'm pretty thrilled.

It is for only special occasions.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm getting a puppy soon, and I'm going to name it Burly (Buehrle).

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Lester has looked really solid so far.

chad78
08-08-2008, 08:38 PM
another k for pk

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Davies escapes from a bases loaded jam.

chad78
08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
nice

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Quick poll what were you less aware of.

Olympics starting today.
PGA Championships.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Had no idea about either.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Quick poll hat were you less aware of.

Olympics starting today.
PGA Championships.

Olympics. I actually watched a few minutes of the golf.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Juan is playing a mean 3B.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Crisp double... weird...

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
There ya go Buehrle.

Let's not get no-hit tonight.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Nice stuff Buehrl.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
****, nice play.

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
another good inning for mark, let's hope he keeps it up

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I love the Hit N' Run. :)

kingbrentg
Get something here.

JDIsMyGod23
I love hit and runs.

chitown712
Hit and run with a fat guy is even better

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Job done AJ..............1-0

JDIsMyGod23
Ballgame :p

Sox Appeal
That gets the job done. 1-0.

ChiSox35
lovin it, too bad my live broadcast is delayed so i just saw the hit n run

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:52 PM
And we have the lead, 1-0.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Web Gem.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I love Juans chubby little face.

ChiSox35
thats all that matters at the end, who cares if im like 5 mins behind everyone

kingbrentg
Minnesota is winning tonight. Davies just walked his 4th batter. Two on nobody out again, with Mauer and Morneau up.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I love Juans chubby little face.

:laugh2:

zzConflict
I love the Olympics.

ChiSox35
who doesnt?

chitown712
lovin it, too bad my live broadcast is delayed so i just saw the hit n run

Another Sox fan helped by my frugal ways............just like many of you

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
And it's 1-0 Twins. Two on, nobody out, Cena's up.

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Another Sox fan helped by my frugal ways............just like many of you

and if it gets messed up, i know where you live :) but is yours delayed, i just saw cabrera make the 1st out in the top of the 4th

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Really if him and Sideburns got hit by a bus, would any of us care?

chitown712
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
They always dealayed...........dont complain its free...........when things are free, dont complain

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
dont worry im not, just wondering if yours is delayed as mine, but hey, nice curve from 56 there

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice stuff Buehrl.

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
another great inning from mark

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:01 PM
hate to say it, twins up 3-0 2 on 1 out and davies just handed out another free pass

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Griffey is clueless right now.

chitown712
08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
At least he didnt cost much

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
lester has a good game going right now, but were still holding on which is what we need

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
hopefully he will produce at least what he cost

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice stuff Buehrl.

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:15 PM
got himselft out of the semi jam nice job

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:16 PM
3-0 Twins.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Buehrle is going to need a SO tonight.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Swish is aboard.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:22 PM
This could be a big inning. C'mon Juan, keep it going.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Small Ball FTW. :nod:

ChiSox35
08-08-2008, 09:23 PM
nice job bay :)

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Cabrera has came up big for us all year, and he continues it right there, **** yes.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
All of a sudden we're a fundamentally sound team.

Who'd have thought it.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:26 PM
More runners on for Jermaine, I'll take it.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh god I'm on, Mark pl;ease don't bomb.

MIAMI SIGNED PENNINGTON WOOO

chitown712
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Mark is dealin

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
MIAMI SIGNED PENNINGTON WOOO

I'm not surprised. Parcels has always been a fan of Pennington. (He drafted him when he was still with NY) Anyways, do you think he'll be your starting QB? Or will you guys go with Beck or Henne?

soxnfins
I should log out now. My jersey when I wear it now he deals.

soxnfins
I'm not surprised. Parcels has always been a fan of Pennington. Anyways, do you think he'll be your starting QB? Or will you guys go with Beck or Henne?
He wanted to start and he will. We will either cut McCown or beck, which most likely be McCown. Also, Parcells drafted Pennington.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:38 PM
He wanted to start and he will. We will either cut McCown or beck, which most likely be McCown.

Gotcha. If you guys cut Beck, I would LOVE for the Bears to go after him. But like you said, I doubt he'll get cut.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Pennington = FAIL

zzConflict
Nice stuff Buehrl.

soxnfins
Gotcha. If you guys cut Beck, I would LOVE for the Bears to go after him. But like you said, I doubt he'll get cut.
I think Henne is the QB of the future.

zzConflict
Pennington = FAIL
Very true.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Griffey = FAIL

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Pennington = FAIL
He throws hot air balloons basically, he owns when he bombed it to Coles, and we basically have a Coles in Ginn Jr.

Btw Ken Griffey is meh now.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I think Henne is the QB of the future.

Yeah. I was a HUGE fan of his at Michigan, and I wanted the Bears to draft him, but of course, they don't need a QB. :rolleyes:

soxnfins
Pennington is actually a decent QB and is one of the smartest QB's in the league. He knows our offense, and is a very quick learner.

Rizzorj
I've hated Pennington going back to his college days when he always killed my school...then i had his *** on my fantasy team. FAIL.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
He throws hot air balloons basically, he owns when he bombed it to Coles, and we basically have a Coles in Ginn Jr.

Btw Ken Griffey is meh now.

Should have kept Chambers.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I love Chambers will all my heart, but Ginn Jr. could be better then him IMO, Chris had a lot of easy dropped catches.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Anyone else watching the Olympics?

Dressage has to be the shittest "sport" ever.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Who would you rather have though? Pennington or McClown?

Pennington please, Jay Fiedler #2. I'd kill to have 2001 Jay Fiedler back.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Mark has his A+ stuff tonight.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Uh greed. MARK FRICKEN BUEHRLE! 7 IP 3 H 0 ER FTW!

Rizzorj
Who would you rather have though? Pennington or McClown?

Pennington please, Jay Fiedler #2. I'd kill to have 2001 Jay Fiedler back.

I'd rather have Chad than Rex or Kyle...but that doesn't mean much.

Sox Appeal
Those guys turn the DP as good as ANYBODY in baseball.

kingbrentg
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Buehrle. :clap:

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd rather have Chad than Rex or Kyle...but that doesn't mean much.

I would rather have anybody then Rex or Kyle. The Bears QB battle is a ****ing joke. :sigh:

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
The Cuban was robbed again.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I would rather have anybody then Rex or Kyle. The Bears QB battle is a ****ing joke. :sigh:

The whole organization is a joke. Bunch of lying, imcompetent management and coaches. Now that the Hawks have changed their ways, the Bears are the worse run franchise in Chicago.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
URIBE!!!!!!! He's our MVP this week.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Nice stuff Buehrl.

Rizzorj
David AAAAAAAAAAArdsma! Bring him in!

Rizzorj
cursed Juan :(

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:56 PM
The whole organization is a joke. Bunch of lying, imcompetent management and coaches. Now that the Hawks have changed their ways, the Bears are the worse run franchise in Chicago.

This could be the most accurate thing ever written. Jerry Angelo is a complete ****ing idiot. He's not qualified for his job, since the day he took over as the Bears GM, I was wondering who's dick he sucked to get that job.

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I hope it's Wasserman that is sent down for Contreras? Or has it been announced already?

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
OC heads up!

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Way to make lemonade out of lemons or however that stupid cliche goes...on the rundown

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Terrific base running by OC.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Lemons out of Lemonade i think, you were close though.

Rizzorj
This could be the most accurate thing ever written. Jerry Angelo is a complete ****ing idiot. He's not qualified for his job, since the day he took over as the Bears GM, I was wondering who's dick he sucked to get that job.

Everyone apparently knew about Williams back...and the Bears just ignored it. Then he outsmarts them by holding out signing his deal, and gets "injured" two plays into camp. LOL

Rizzorj
Lemons out of Lemonade i think, you were close though.

Yeah...sprite out of lymons....whatever.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow, Pennington is the most accurate passer in NFL history. (% wise)

JDIsMyGod23
Soxnfins GTFO you curse.

soxnfins
Buehrle still in no! Good job Ozzie!

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't say that was great on OC's part, that's what he was supposed to do. Good job by AJ though.

Rizzorj
I'm a Bears fan...but I don't cry when they lose. I don't have a ton of attachment to them like I do with the Sox. Even when they lost the Super Bowl, I was over it in 5 minutes. I take my fantasy team losses harder.

Sox Appeal
Mark pitched an absolute gem. :clap:

JDIsMyGod23
Ol Dirty time!

soxnfins
I wore his jersey today too.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Carrasco or Dotel?

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Dotel.

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Everyone apparently knew about Williams back...and the Bears just ignored it. Then he outsmarts them by holding out signing his deal, and gets "injured" two plays into camp. LOL

All of the draft "experts" on ESPN where saying the main reason Williams dropped is because of his back, but for some stupid reason the Bears decided to ignore it? That my friend, is just another moronic move by Jerry Angelo.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
C'mon Oct.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
The Bars should have taken Mendenhall. Even though they did take Forte, who does look nice, but I think Mendenhall just makes more sense.

zzConflict
08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Come on OD, strikes buddy.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Lucky on that one foul.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
damn. it's me.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
**** me. Horrible pitch there.

JDIsMyGod23
damn. it's me.

GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!

zzConflict

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I go upstairs for 5 minutes and it's ****ing 4-3????

Sox Appeal
08-08-2008, 10:13 PM
The shift pays off.

Rizzorj
The Bars should have taken Mendenhall. Even though they did take Forte, who does look nice, but I think Mendenhall just makes more sense.

I wanted Mendenhall because he went to my high school.

JDIsMyGod23
Wegner hasn't given us one close call tonight.

East Side Z
08-08-2008, 10:14 PM
If they lose this game you can put all the ****ing blame on Ozzie.He is managing strictly by the book.........lets see 8th inning got a bring in my 8th inning guy and so on and so on.What happend to managing by your instincts Ozzie?????????????

East Side Z
08-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Why would you pull Burhle????????????WHY??????????????

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Lowell can go yard...Be careful.

East Side Z
Ozzie can go officialy **** himself.

JDIsMyGod23
Wegner can go eat a ****ing dick.

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I put this solely on soxnfins for coming in here.

Rizzorj
Ughhhhhhhhh

Sox Appeal

No question about that. Mendenhall is a hometown guy (he went to HS and College in Illinois) and he grew up a Bears fan, not only that, he was the best player available (at the time of the bears pick) and he plays a position that was a MAJOR need for the Bears. They should have taken him, then drafted an OT in rounds 2-3.

Rizzorj
I put this solely on soxnfins for coming in here.

Yep.

East Side Z
They had this game won and then Ozzie had to start managing!!

Sox Appeal
Throw a ****ing strike.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
So my friend just randomly shows up to sleep over at his house and he doesn't call 1st... I feel bad though he drove all the way from Buffalo Grove up here to Kenosha.

soxnfins
Wooooooooooooo

Sox Appeal
Phew. Inning OvA.

JDIsMyGod23
Thank God eat **** Wegner.

Rizzorj
Was AJ barking at DJ...or pumping him up?

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
So what is gas down in the Chicago area around $4.30?

JDIsMyGod23
And can we stop talking about the ****ing Bears. They suck, their management sucks. Case closed.

Rizzorj
So my friend just randomly shows up to sleep over at his house and he doesn't call 1st... I feel bad though he drove all the way from Buffalo Grove up here to Kenosha.

Well it is his house ;)

Rizzorj
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
And can we stop talking about the ****ing Bears. They suck, their management sucks. Case closed.

Sorry..Packers fan. :D

JDIsMyGod23
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
KC got a run 3-1.

soxnfins
08-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Well it is his house ;)
I tell im he could stay here and he's like no and I'm like ugh. have things to do tmrw. Sox game is on, to many things going on.