PDA

View Full Version : Magic Better than Raptors? Fight back!

RickG77
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Personally I am sick of hearing the Magic will be better than the Raptors next season bc of Dwight Howard. There is no way Howard is better than Bosh & JO together and the Raptors will def. have a better record next season. Check out these pre-season Eastern Conf. power rankings and see how many Magic fans think they are better than the Raps. http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710

We have to respond to these comments and fight back against the delusional Magic fans!!!

conway429
08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't call them delusional...
they beat us last year, and until we beat them, they have the bragging rights, and the right to claim they're better.
I don't know if I'd say we're worse then Orlando, but I don't know if I'd say we're better either. I'd say Orlando and us are at about the same level.
who cares about the article, it's written by a girl. and she's got the Pacers making the playoffs, and Cleveland being #2 in the East...

brebre82
08-08-2008, 04:17 AM
they beat us last year, and until we beat them, they have the bragging rights, and the right to claim they're better.
I don't know if I'd say we're worse then Orlando, but I don't know if I'd say we're better either. I'd say Orlando and us are at about the same level.
who cares about the article, it's written by a girl. and she's got the Pacers making the playoffs, and Cleveland being #2 in the East...

OHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!:laugh:

B2B
08-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Actions r louder than words.

This year when the Raps beat the magic, poeple will acknowledge that we're better. Until then they beat us last year & have improved so their is not much to argue as of now.

kanersen
08-08-2008, 08:26 AM
the magic have superior talent

although they don't have 2 bigman the calibre of bosh and JO, they have the best big man in the east in Howard

and also, Hedo,Lewis,Pietrus >>> Parker, Kapono, Moon

only position I'd say the Raps are a clear cut winner is the PG position, and i say that with tongue in cheek after watching Jameer Nelson dismantle Jose's matador defence in the playoffs

not much of a difference between these 2 teams now, but i'll still give the edge to the magic until we beat them with regularity

Homerism shouldn't blind realism :p

nstojic
08-08-2008, 09:23 AM

what he said

on a side note, why is everyone on the 76ers nuts all of a sudden??? they're hoping for an injury-free brand like we're hoping for the same from JO and we were better than them last season so to me, the two bigs cancel eachother out and it's just last season over again... meaning we should be ahead of them on these stupid forecasts

mjt20mik
08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Magics are the superior team. Then only lack in the PG position, but other than that, they are the better team until we play them. I think most people are forgetting about their pickup of Mikael Peitrus. The dude is a pretty solid 2 guard, and I think his play is help the Magic be a force again this year in the EC. I just don't think you can say otherwise about the Raptors being better now, because nothing has started. Orlando fans have the right to say that their team deserves a higher ranking than ours, because they have last season to rest upon.

maxgraham
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
either team can beat the other on any given day...

pebloemer
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
what he said

on a side note, why is everyone on the 76ers nuts all of a sudden??? they're hoping for an injury-free brand like we're hoping for the same from JO and we were better than them last season so to me, the two bigs cancel eachother out and it's just last season over again... meaning we should be ahead of them on these stupid forecasts

Well the Raptors had a decent start to last season and really tailed off towards the end.

The Sixers had an awful start but a lot of their young guys (namely Young) really stepped up and they were one of the best teams in the second half of the season. Brand and JO may cancel each other out, but they also grabbed Royal Ivey and Rush while we signed unproven players from D-League or Europe. Sixers have a much higher draft choice in Speights who will be much better than Jawai. Sixers also signed all of their free agents they needed to (pending AI2) while we lost Delfino. Also, in the JO trade, we lost Rasho who was big for us and TJ who is very talented and capable of making big plays. In getting Brand, the Sixers lost nothing.

kenzo400
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
It's not a bad article. I don't understand why everbody is putting her down for putting Cleveland second in the East. Out of all the teams that faced the champions Celtics, they played the best against them. I mean going to game 7 and only being a few point away. Even Atlanta was blown out in game 7.

conway429
08-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Well she says that the only reason she put Cleveland #2 is "Bron Bron"... they had "Bron Bron" last year and they weren't #2. Forget about the playoffs, because like you said, Atlanta forced the Celtics 7 games too, does that mean the Hawks are #3? The East is a strong enough conference now that one player isn't going to carry you to the top this year.

Goon.Weezy
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
if calderon started all the games in the series......this would have been a different story

Legitimate
08-08-2008, 08:19 PM
*coughs* *coughs* Raptors have the magic dominated. Too many favortism that overshadow the real truth about teams like the magic. Dwight is all right but I don't think he is a leader. I think raps fan have to worry about the sixers more than they do about the magic. I honestly feel that Orlando will only get like 35-42 wins this season. Raptors>Magic. DOMINATED.

AgentViet
08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
All depending on how JO and Bargnani pan out, but I really think the Magic are better at this point.

ink
08-08-2008, 09:32 PM
We have to respond to these comments and fight back against the delusional Magic fans!!!

Why??? :confused:

star
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Personally I am sick of hearing the Magic will be better than the Raptors next season bc of Dwight Howard. There is no way Howard is better than Bosh & JO together and the Raptors will def. have a better record next season. Check out these pre-season Eastern Conf. power rankings and see how many Magic fans think they are better than the Raps. http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710

ummmmm you want us to fight back? .... sorry ill pass. Last time i checked they humiliated last year. So i dont know how you think we are better.

Until we beat them and until we actually win in the playoffs we are not and should not think we are better

star
08-08-2008, 11:10 PM
.... another example of a dellusional raptors fan i guess ... making huge claims when they destroyed as just 4 months ago ... nice try buddy

star
08-08-2008, 11:14 PM
what he said

not even close .... they are a younger team with lots of talent.

Also ... if your argument is that the bigs cancel out ... then its retarted. because we had to GIVE UP - TJ and Rasho ... they signed brand ... so lost nothing ....

thus the bigs canceling out does not equal last season at all ......

very strange logic on your part

ink
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM
not even close .... they are a younger team with lots of talent.

Also ... if your argument is that the bigs cancel out ... then its retarted. because we had to GIVE UP - TJ and Rasho ... they signed brand ... so lost nothing ....

thus the bigs canceling out does not equal last season at all ......

very strange logic on your part

Hey star, I'm all for debate and critical analysis, but some of your posts are pretty negative these days. What's up?? How come you're so pissed off about the team? Give it a chance man. JO and Bosh could be extremely effective together. That could change the entire make up of this team.

huidogg
08-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Magics are the superior team. Then only lack in the PG position, but other than that, they are the better team until we play them. I think most people are forgetting about their pickup of Mikael Peitrus. The dude is a pretty solid 2 guard, and I think his play is help the Magic be a force again this year in the EC. I just don't think you can say otherwise about the Raptors being better now, because nothing has started. Orlando fans have the right to say that their team deserves a higher ranking than ours, because they have last season to rest upon.

Great great post, agree completely. Nothing has started, and we do not know if the raptors are better now. And I also would not blame the magic fans, saying that they are better than us, since they did punish us in the playoff last year, and they hav tat to rest upon.

huidogg
08-12-2008, 04:07 AM
*coughs* *coughs* Raptors have the magic dominated. Too many favortism that overshadow the real truth about teams like the magic. Dwight is all right but I don't think he is a leader. I think raps fan have to worry about the sixers more than they do about the magic. I honestly feel that Orlando will only get like 35-42 wins this season. Raptors>Magic. DOMINATED.

mmmm... can i ask you a question? did you even watch the playoffs 4 months ago? we got DOMINATED by the magic, not we dominated the magic.. just by adding JO and losing TJ, Rasho and Delfino (which are all key parts to the team last year) does not mean we will dominate them this year..... and besides everyone look at the raptors saying we are a much more improve team, we should not count out the magic at all, they are pretty much the same team that dominated us in five games (quite embarassing and quite funny that the raptor fans estimate that we will beat the magic in 5 or 6 games) with a solid pick up pietrus. Until we prove that we are better than them by actually beating them, saying that we will dominate the magic with no prove is completely nonsense and useless. Constrastingly, i don't blame the magic fans for saying they are better than us, since they did have prove (As shown in last year playoffs) So add some prove first before you start making insane comments~ thanks~

star
08-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey star, I'm all for debate and critical analysis, but some of your posts are pretty negative these days. What's up?? How come you're so pissed off about the team? Give it a chance man. JO and Bosh could be extremely effective together. That could change the entire make up of this team.

yup i agree ... they COULD be .... and i hope they will be nothing would make me happier .... i would love to see JO BOSH AND ANDREA dominate ...

i am negative because i dont want to be one of these "fans" on this site who are saying we will be #1 or #2 cause i think that is dumb. They way it seems is that raps fans are now like leaf fans ... every year "this is our year" .... i like the old days when fans had no ridiculous expectations and just appreciated the game and the team.

kenzo400
08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Forget about the playoffs, because like you said, Atlanta forced the Celtics 7 games too, does that mean the Hawks are #3?

Yeah but they got dominated in game seven. Cleveland only lost by a few points. Either way you look at it they played against Celtics the best out of all the teams.

aman_13
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
yup i agree ... they COULD be .... and i hope they will be nothing would make me happier .... i would love to see JO BOSH AND ANDREA dominate ...

i am negative because i dont want to be one of these "fans" on this site who are saying we will be #1 or #2 cause i think that is dumb. They way it seems is that raps fans are now like leaf fans ... every year "this is our year" .... i like the old days when fans had no ridiculous expectations and just appreciated the game and the team.

You should be happy that fans have higher expectations, it raises the excitement. The Raptors not having that before is a bad thing.

kelkath
08-13-2008, 01:39 AM
the magic have superior talent

although they don't have 2 bigman the calibre of bosh and JO, they have the best big man in the east in Howard

and also, Hedo,Lewis,Pietrus >>> Parker, Kapono, Moon

only position I'd say the Raps are a clear cut winner is the PG position, and i say that with tongue in cheek after watching Jameer Nelson dismantle Jose's matador defence in the playoffs

not much of a difference between these 2 teams now, but i'll still give the edge to the magic until we beat them with regularity

Homerism shouldn't blind realism :p

Well said sir!!

JWalk126
08-13-2008, 02:17 AM
I dont get it

why would the magic be better than the raptors BECAUSE of Howard?

wouldnt that only work if they didnt have him last season?

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:51 AM

:mad: No all you do is preach about how average we are or how bad we are. Im sick of it, if you think the raps are gonna be average or just plain suck, dont bother to come on the board and criticize others because they believe the raps will do better than you think. I get the impression that you think you know more than anyone on this board. What makes you the know at all... star?? Your no better than a troll in my mind, are you a raptors fan?? Im all for being realistic, fair and tolerant but there comes a point when if you got nothing ever good to say, dont bother to say anything. Its sad you think the raps are so average. I dont dont see it personally. Do I think the raps have gotten better in the east, yes we have but so have other teams. Could we finish higher or beat Orlando next year, Yeah I think we could. You automatically assume the raps cant do something instead of ever thinking they could do something. Do you see where im at here? You backtracked a bit with your last comment to come off a bit more positive using could but im not sold by any means.. It just seems to me that you rip on anything any raptor or raptor fan says about our prosepects for next year. Give it a break, we get that you you think the team is average and gotten worse, no reason to continue bashing the raps any chance you get!

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
.... another example of a dellusional raptors fan i guess ... making huge claims when they destroyed as just 4 months ago ... nice try buddy

This is what im talking about by offensive and negative comments..

DryLopi
08-18-2008, 10:52 PM
if calderon started all the games in the series......this would have been a different story

Agreed,

Lundbelievable
08-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, before you all say the Raptors are better than anyone, first hope that J. Oneal is at least at 50% of what he once was. B/c remember, last season he was garbage compared to what he ONCE was. If he is not like anything of Jermaine O'Neal of old, 4get it. You guys wont win 45 games. If he is, ur probably in the neighborhood of 50 wins. But the Magic will still win 50+ games and maybe even 55 this season.

And yeah, we did kinda destroy you in the play-offs but it was a little different then. Now, there's no TJ Ford to slow down Calderon. But Im interested to see the season series play out.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Well, before you all say the Raptors are better than anyone, first hope that J. Oneal is at least at 50% of what he once was. B/c remember, last season he was garbage compared to what he ONCE was. If he is not like anything of Jermaine O'Neal of old, 4get it. You guys wont win 45 games. If he is, ur probably in the neighborhood of 50 wins. But the Magic will still win 50+ games and maybe even 55 this season.

And yeah, we did kinda destroy you in the play-offs but it was a little different then. Now, there's no TJ Ford to slow down Calderon. But Im interested to see the season series play out.

Jermaine is fine and ready to go. His conditioning and vertical look they are back to normal. People always seem to realize that JO had very minor knee surgery. The rehab to getting back on the court takes less that a month, usually two weeks after surgery.

Lundbelievable
08-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Jermaine is fine and ready to go. His conditioning and vertical look they are back to normal. People always seem to realize that JO had very minor knee surgery. The rehab to getting back on the court takes less that a month, usually two weeks after surgery.

Well, then there you go. Good news for you and disheartening news for me :(

lakerfan4life1
08-23-2008, 02:04 PM
news flash for magic fans u havent done nothin over the summer. Most teams in the east have improved the raptor, sixers, and even the heats lol . Magic will finish 6 or seven in the east and the rap will be battling 4 that number 3 spot as usually they will have more depth for a good run in the playoffs.

star
08-24-2008, 12:09 AM
news flash for magic fans u havent done nothin over the summer. Most teams in the east have improved the raptor, sixers, and even the heats lol . Magic will finish 6 or seven in the east and the rap will be battling 4 that number 3 spot as usually they will have more depth for a good run in the playoffs.

you call roko, jawai, adams, graham, kapono, hump good depth?

Tha Truth
08-24-2008, 12:34 AM
The Raptors are not as deep as last year.

But I think they can make some noise in the East.

star
08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
The Raptors are not as deep as last year.

But I think they can make some noise in the East.

i agree.... they appear to be a solid 4-7 team with a good chance of making the second round ...

star
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM

they added a very athletic wing player with shooting ability to a roster that already has 3 past/present all-stars (howard,lewis,turkoglu) - two of whom (lewis and howard) who have been billed as "franchise players" + they are a young team that is just getting better ... i think they will be fine