PDA

View Full Version : One Day Contract

mrmustard89
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I know its already crowded in here, but I have an interesting question. Do you think Favre plays for a year or two, then signs one of those "one-day-contracts", and retire once again, with the Packers? I can see him doing that and going our gracefully like Emmitt Smith or something. What do you all think?

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Of course he will, I think MM said something in the line of him still being involve in the team somehow.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it's possible. It doesn't matter though to me personally what he does as far as some one day contract. He could play for the Jets for the next three years (not happening) and he's still going to be a Packer to me. He will always be known as a Green Bay Packer. It just got really messy in the end.:sigh::sad2: It really hurts though and probably will until the day I die.

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:38 PM
This was in Socal's thread:

On whether it will take some fence-mending to get Favre to come back once his career is over: "I know the communication that we had, he's a Green Bay Packer. He wants to come back here, he wants to be welcome back here. We talked about him coming back when he does retire and working training camp, just something so he can be part of it. I told him he can help with the quarterbacks, but I don't want any new plays. This is important to him, he recognizes that. When you step out of what's happened and everything, he has a very positive opinion about the fans, the experience he's had with his family. He didn't want to do this to his teammates anymore. He felt it clearly went along long enough."

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
when he does retire and working training camp, just something so he can be part of it. I

It definitely made me feel good to read that at the time but the pain keeps over taking any positives at this point. My emotions have been yanked in so many different directions that it has taken a toll on me. I'm glad it's over but I can't stop thinking about it.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. This has been a very intense offseason and both sides aren't happy with each other right now but time will heal some of the wounds. In a year or two i'm sure Favre will retire as a Packer...

newdude
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
It definitely made me feel good to read that at the time but the pain keeps over taking any positives at this point. My emotions have been yanked in so many different directions that it has taken a toll on me. I'm glad it's over but I can't stop thinking about it.

Ur not the only one:(, it feels weird in an unexplainable way. It will always be in my head every Sunday seeing our qb somewhere else. Football just don't feel right anymore, even non-packers fans can agree, that Favre is not with the Pack, so strange and wrong somehow. :pity:

wissportsfan
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Without a doubt he will.