PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Sign Jason Williams

phlp_bj
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard Jason Williams, according to Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. A veteran of 10 NBA seasons, Williams joins the Clippers after playing the last three years for Miami, where he helped the Heat to the 2006 NBA Championship. Williams, 32, has played in 679 career regular season games and averaged 11.4 points, 6.3 assists and 2.4 rebounds for a total of three teams. The six-foot-one, 180 pound point guard has also started and played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 points, 3.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 0.9 steals. “Jason is an experienced and proven player,” Baylor said. “He is a terrific ball handler with great passing ability and court vision.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3524422

LAKERS 24/7
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
so, is he gonna be the backup behind baron, or will he play some 2? don't know a whole lot about his game, or the clipper's depth chart

fresh prince
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
This Further solidifies the Clipps as legit. Look for them in the 5-7 range out IN The West.

He's a PG but he AND Baron can play together since Baron can guard Shooting guards. The Clipps have went a long way to adress their depth Issues.

Baron/ J. will/ Hart
Ricky Davis/ Gordon/ Mobley
Thorton/ Tim Thomas/ Ricky Davis
Camby/ Paul Davis?
Kaman/ D. Jordan

Not sure what they are doing at backup PF since they released Powell and withdrew the offer to Fazekas..but theyre pretty damm deep

TheShock45
08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
so, is he gonna be the backup behind baron, or will he play some 2? don't know a whole lot about his game, or the clipper's depth chart

i think they just traded for a backup so he'll probly get more clock at the 2

horry1ur
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
they are gonna be a beast of team haha

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I think it's a good move to add depth, I am not sure of how much ability he still has left, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Daze9900
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Lol he's also good at jacking up unneccessary 3's. He's been done since they brainwashed him into taking the white chocolate out of his game.

POZUNO
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Baron/ J. will/ Hart
Camby/ Paul Davis?
Kaman/ D. Jordan

Don't forget Steve "the Bomber" Novak, who we just recently acquired.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
good, he didnt go back to miami

dodgerzfan44
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I guess that means no shaun livingston.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cracka2HI!
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
This Further solidifies the Clipps as legit. Look for them in the 5-7 range out IN The West.

He's a PG but he AND Baron can play together since Baron can guard Shooting guards. The Clipps have went a long way to adress their depth Issues.

Baron/ J. will/ Hart
Camby/ Paul Davis?
Kaman/ D. Jordan

Not sure what they are doing at backup PF since they released Powell and withdrew the offer to Fazekas..but theyre pretty damm deep

Frontcourt depth is also good. Depth chart looks like this...

PF Camby, Thomas, Novak
SF Thornton, Davis, Marcus Williams
C Kaman, Skinner, Jordan
SG Mobley, Gordon, J-Will
PG Baron, J-Will, Hart, Taylor

J-Wills probably plays only 8-12 minutes most nights. However if he's hot we'll slide him to the 2.

lakers4sho
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought Maccabi was going to sign him. Oh well, they've got Carlos Arroyo anyways...

I Am Awesome-O
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Man what happened to White Chocolate? When he was with the Grizzlies, he was one of the most fun players to watch. He was also a deadly three point shooter. Now he's neither. Maybe he can redeem his career in L.A. I doubt it though.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Man what happened to White Chocolate? When he was with the Grizzlies, he was one of the most fun players to watch. He was also a deadly three point shooter. Now he's neither. Maybe he can redeem his career in L.A. I doubt it though.

The Grizzlies huh... either way, the Clippers pretty much just dismantled their team and made a new one.

Gmen824
08-07-2008, 10:00 PM
They can be deep in depth, but with all the new talent, their chemistry is going to be the problem :shrug:

SAVAGE CLAW
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes Jason Williams was a Deadly player...... for his own team!!!.

Believe me i watched a loooooottttttt of games when Pau , Arrived there.

He was Completely fed up of Williams showboating.

_Sn1P3r_
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
They got a lot of talent and like Team USA, if they are willing to play unselfish ball, they can be a pretty good team.

Not comparing Team USA to the Clips btw. Just the talent aspect and unselfishness part.

HiphopRelated
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
can't wait to see the 3-1 fast break pull up 3 on another team...I'm sure it's alot funnier from the other side

Joshtd1
08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Solid pick up, since he will be the backup.

I like what the Clips have done this offseason.

kylem4711
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
love the signing..
we aren't expecting tooooo much out of him so he will do good

I Am Awesome-O
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
The Grizzlies huh... either way, the Clippers pretty much just dismantled their team and made a new one.

Oops I forgot about the Kings. I'm a Grizzlies fan so I automatically pair him up with Memphis. He was good for the Kings too.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Solid signing by the Clips.

I see them as an 8th seed out west.

still1ballin
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Clippers look real scary in the west, better watch out for them!!!

Magic #1 Fan
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Pau Gasol played like a SKIRT in the playoffs for the Grizzlies. And Guess who was the high scorer on that team's only playoff's run... JWILL 17 a game. Gasol was a BIG WINER, and a baby on that team. Every team Williams played on, they got in the playoffs. The dude makes players around him better. Wish he was in a MAGIC UNIFORM. Clippers should be in the Playoffs. Maybe at #4. GREAT PICK-UP for the Clippers. Like the Camby pick-up also.

still1ballin
08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Pau Gasol played like a SKIRT in the playoffs for the Grizzlies. And Guess who was the high scorer on that team's only playoff's run... JWILL 17 a game. Gasol was a BIG WINER, and a baby on that team. Every team Williams played on, they got in the playoffs. The dude makes players around him better. Wish he was in a MAGIC UNIFORM. Clippers should be in the Playoffs. Maybe at #4. GREAT PICK-UP for the Clippers. Like the Camby pick-up also.

You should be banned for talking nonsense.:eyebrow:

SAVAGE CLAW
08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, how much did Showboater shoot? How many ill advised shots did he take?.

They got rid of him, not Pau.

Also Kings got rid of him and Heat couldnt but tried their best to unload him.

bigmac8675
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Decent pick-up. Should avg about 10 min a game until Baron gets hurt..... then he is your starter!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
we'll have to see what he has left in the tank.

Lakersfan2483
08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
The Clippers will still have a hard time making the playoffs next year, the west has so many talented teams.

Lakersfan2483
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Top teams out west: Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Jazz, Mavs, Blazers, Suns, Nuggets

Magic #1 Fan
08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, how much did Showboater shoot? How many ill advised shots did he take?.

They got rid of him, not Pau.

Also Kings got rid of him and Heat couldnt but tried their best to unload him.

Check the stats in the GRIZZ playoffs that year. He shot better than the SKIRT (GASOL). And the Grizz got rid of the SKIRT ALSO. And the SKIRT doesn't have A CHAMPIONSHIP RING, YOU WANTED FACTS YOU GOT THEM.

still1ballin
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Why is Gasol known as a "SKIRT" lol

TheBatchelor213
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
I guess that means no shaun livingston.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

forget Livingston no fault of his own, but this is a huge signing! The way I see it, when we didnt pull the trigger on the deal involving Iverson because we did not want to deal Livingston, it just went down hill from there in regard to him as far as I am concerned. Man this is great, I have always loved J Will, he has always been my fan non clip, I know its not the same J Will as the Kings days but still, this is great and the style we will be playing fits his individual game perfectly! Man, I could go on and on about this one!

Antbanks21
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
great pick-up clippers fans should make a lot of noise in the playoffs well in the first round

Magic #1 Fan
08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Why is Gasol known as a "SKIRT" lol

Playing like a skirt. A LITTLE GIRL in a SKIRT. Weak, Sissy, Crying all the time like a little girl. It's been around for YEARS, if your a Baller. Playgroung, college, Pro's, all use it. He did play like that in Memphis. Now he grew up in L.A.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Check the stats in the GRIZZ playoffs that year. He shot better than the SKIRT (GASOL). And the Grizz got rid of the SKIRT ALSO. And the SKIRT doesn't have A CHAMPIONSHIP RING, YOU WANTED FACTS YOU GOT THEM.

Go on and tell me that in 6 years when Gasol is able to disguise him as The Mandarin.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Oops I forgot about the Kings. I'm a Grizzlies fan so I automatically pair him up with Memphis. He was good for the Kings too.

Oh, ha ha, I didn't know you were a Grizzlies fan. Ok, I see where you're coming from.

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 12:04 AM
No way!? We have a Grizzlie fan? Wow i feel bad for you.

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 12:38 AM
No way!? We have a Grizzlie fan? Wow i feel bad for you.

yeah, you should know its a lot easier to be a bandwagon fan then to actually stick it out with a team.

Dirty Dirk41
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Nice pickup for the Clips....Their off-season has been rather interesting. I cant wait to see them play. should be a fun group

Reezy
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought Maccabi was going to sign him. Oh well, they've got Carlos Arroyo anyways...
Hahahaha. Arroyo is a scrub, broseph.

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 12:46 AM
yeah, you should know its a lot easier to be a bandwagon fan then to actually stick it out with a team.

are you trying to say im a bandwagoner?

S.J.Basketball
08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I dunno about J-Will anymore. He's not the same as he used to be.

POZUNO
08-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Top teams out west: Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Jazz, Mavs, Blazers, Suns, Nuggets

Uh...NO.

Denver IMO shouldn't even be on this list. Looks like their trying to rebuild the team. And without any good defense (Camby) if I may add, depth in the bench, and maybe a pg who can run the team. I don't see them making the playoffs at all.

kylem4711
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
are you trying to say im a bandwagoner?

im saying before you make fun of people for liking a team, you should realize that it is a lot harder to like a team like the grizzlies then it is to be a laker fan.

just dont be a cocky laker fan

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:36 AM
im saying before you make fun of people for liking a team, you should realize that it is a lot harder to like a team like the grizzlies then it is to be a laker fan.

just dont be a cocky laker fan

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic and im not a cocky laker fan, i actually felt bad for him being a grizzlie fan, to see so many losing season is hard....every fan wants there team to succeed and have glory....i remember few years back the lakers missed the playoffs and it was tough.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Its cool that people is able to stick to a team even if its always losing, specially if its not a classic team with history ( example, Knikcs fans, ok now they suck but the have ben great and everybody knows they will be back., or the bulls during the impasse after jordan).

But Anyways, JWill is a scum bag selfish unefficient, and yes spectacular, but that spectacular thing is what make those around him less efficient in percentages because he gives them too many passes impsobel to catch and fnish correctly.