PDA

View Full Version : Favre/Jets transcript

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Here's some of Brett's words:

"Packer fans are Packer fans. There's a 40,000 or more waiting list for a reason and that will continue. It's a great tradition. I'm thankful that I was a part of it. I'm not a traitor. Never will be. It's business, that's the way it works. I gave everything I could possibly give while I was there and I don't think people would question that."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/default.aspx

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
if anyone else saw the press conference there was probably a 90/10 ratio of him talking about the packers and how great they are.....and about how excited he is to play for the jets

if i was a jet fan....i would have been pissed that he barely mentioned them but he didnt....he talked mostly about the packers

so i dont see any bad blood on bretts part

newdude
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
if anyone else saw the press conference there was probably a 90/10 ratio of him talking about the packers and how great they are.....and about how excited he is to play for the jets

if i was a jet fan....i would have been pissed that he barely mentioned them but he didnt....he talked mostly about the packers

so i dont see any bad blood on bretts part

Why would the Jets fans be pissed? He's trying to smooth things over with the fans of his teams for 16 seasons. And how is he going to talk about and praise the Jets fans when he barely played against them and he just joined them for one day.

"Packer fans are Packer fans. There's a 40,000 or more waiting list for a reason and that will continue. It's a great tradition. I'm thankful that I was a part of it. I'm not a traitor. Never will be. It's business, that's the way it works. I gave everything I could possibly give while I was there and I don't think people would question that."

Whoever came up with the idea of calling him a traitor is a dumb@ss.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Jets fans have no reason to be pissed. He talked about the Packers a lot because he was asked questions about them. What is he supposed to do? Not answer them? The Jets just got themselves a great QB so i can't imagine many of their fans being upset

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
When you've played for one team for 16 years, been through a PR nightmare like this and get asked questions about it during a press conference, obviously your going to be talking about the Packers quite a bit, it was just as much Favre leaving the Packers/him reaching out to fans as it was an introduction to the Jets football team.

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Honestly, I am in disbelief at this point.