PDA

View Full Version : Must Read For Skeptical fans

StickyGreenFan
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
this is for everyone actually, what ive been saying the whole time...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3523451

newdude
08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
A Favre bashing argument, what's new:silly:

And no one's panicking to the extreme like how the article portrays.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
He has some interesting things to say in his piece but in NO way do I agree with all of it. His free agent comment was pretty funny.:eyebrow: Grant wasnít Thompsonís first choice either, that part was left out. It was still good to read, thanks.

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
the article is ******** he fails to mention the packers dont sniff 13 wins without favre on the team

either way for some reason the packers management are satisfied with being a worse team

tell me how that makes sense

StickyGreenFan
08-07-2008, 11:22 PM
^u missed the whole point, who says we are a worse team?? just cuz favres gone doesnt mean we are worse.

ps good luck brett, it will be an interesting year

Packerbacker
08-08-2008, 01:38 AM
sure the packers will still be a good team in the weak NFC North but they wont be super bowl contenders without Favre. Why didn't this guy mention that the packers are better with brett favre but still not bad without him, thats something I could agree on. P.S. I hope Teddy the tittybaby gets set on fire

TheBookie
08-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Good read, I don't agree with everything though.

JKB
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Lots of what he says is fact with his own spin on it is all.

I love this part:

Thompson wasn't willing to sign Randy Moss, hire Steve Mariucci and kiss Favre's ring all in the same motion.

Rtardz
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I`m all for A-Rod now I am on the train mark my words. Its superbowl year!!!!!!!!!!!!

JKB
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Mike McCarthy

On whether it will take some fence-mending to get Favre to come back once his career is over:
"I know the communication that we had, he's a Green Bay Packer. He wants to come back here, he wants to be welcome back here. We talked about him coming back when he does retire and working training camp, just something so he can be part of it. I told him he can help with the quarterbacks, but I don't want any new plays. This is important to him, he recognizes that. When you step out of what's happened and everything, he has a very positive opinion about the fans, the experience he's had with his family. He didn't want to do this to his teammates anymore. He felt it clearly went along long enough."

mr. burns
08-12-2008, 12:59 AM
^u missed the whole point, who says we are a worse team?? just cuz favres gone doesnt mean we are worse.

ps good luck brett, it will be an interesting year

I like TT but if you think we aren't a worse team without #4 then I would love to place a wager with you. there is no way the packers will sniff 12 win much less 13 and and I'd be willing to bet they don't get more than 9. I think that is a significant drop off. If you really think the packers are going to win 12 or 13 games I think you are being a serious homer.

StickyGreenFan
08-12-2008, 02:06 AM
I like TT but if you think we aren't a worse team without #4 then I would love to place a wager with you. there is no way the packers will sniff 12 win much less 13 and and I'd be willing to bet they don't get more than 9. I think that is a significant drop off. If you really think the packers are going to win 12 or 13 games I think you are being a serious homer.

fact is last year a lot of those games could have gone either way. we were kinda lucky to get 13 wins WITH favre. im hoping we get the same amount of wins, but i dont guarantee it cuz its still early in the season. if rodgers plays like he did tonite tho, its not that hard to imagine us pulling out at least 10-12 wins. we got good team chemistry, were on point at every aspect of the team, and rodgers brings good mechanics and poise to the qb spot.