PDA

View Full Version : L A clips J WILL

fairandbalanced
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard Jason Williams, according to Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. A veteran of 10 NBA seasons, Williams joins the Clippers after playing the last three years for Miami, where he helped the Heat to the 2006 NBA Championship. Williams, 32, has played in 679 career regular season games and averaged 11.4 points, 6.3 assists and 2.4 rebounds for a total of three teams. The six-foot-one, 180 pound point guard has also started and played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 points, 3.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 0.9 steals. “Jason is an experienced and proven player,” Baylor said. “He is a terrific ball handler with great passing ability and court vision.”
http://http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/53921/20080807/clippers_sign_jason_williams/ (http://http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/53921/20080807/clippers_sign_jason_williams/)

What are your memories of J Will?

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
WOW! WOW WOW!! :speechless:
CLIPPERS are getting all the unwanted ones,
but wow good luck to you JWILL, you were a great PG in our championship year and too bad it didnt work out after that

IRUAM #21
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
The clippers are taking all our thrash maybe we can trade blount to L.A.

Rolla
08-07-2008, 08:19 PM
i am SOOOOO HAPPY WE GOT RID OF THIS DUDE!!! im in a wheelchair but if i saw him in the street i would get on the floor and give him my wheelchair (and my parking sign too) he is so inury prone.

peace j will

kswissdaf
08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
my favoite j will moment j will's game 6 agaisnt the pistons

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
see ya j-will. glad the heat didnt bring him back

fins08
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
BYE BYE. Great durin championship run. Glad to see him go, gettin old.

noturnormalhero
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
my 2 favorite moments of Jwill werent in a Heat uniform to be honest. was when he was with the kings..one game were he crossed up grant hill so bad hill almost lost his balance and he hit a J right in his face after...and the pass he did off his elbow..those are my best memories of Jwill lol.

Magic #1 Fan
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
No, No, you should be here with the Magic. I don't care what all these LOOSER say here, you got the ring. (ALL THESE DUDES DON'T). Last season you poured in 36 against us with a BADLY SRPAINED ankle. And you sprained it also in the 3rd quarter,. JWill played with a D-LEAGUE TEAM and almost won the game himself. AND THEY DIDN'T CART HIM OFF IN A WHEELCHAIR like some other BABY'S in the league. GOOD LUCK JWILL, the Heat still don't have a PROVEN Point guard yet. Hey JWILL you need only 88 -3 pointers this year to catch Hersey Hawkins in All Time NBA RECORD LEADERS in 3's MADE. You will be in the top 25 dude. Top 100 All-time, you are # 33 now. Wish you were in a MAGIC UNIFORM this year, to do this.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 10:17 PM
No, No, you should be here with the Magic. I don't care what all these LOOSER say here, you got the ring. (ALL THESE DUDES DON'T). Last season you poured in 36 against us with a BADLY SRPAINED ankle. And you sprained it also in the 3rd quarter,. JWill played with a D-LEAGUE TEAM and almost won the game himself. AND THEY DIDN'T CART HIM OFF IN A WHEELCHAIR like some other BABY'S in the league. GOOD LUCK JWILL, the Heat still don't have a PROVEN Point guard yet. Hey JWILL you need only 88 -3 pointers this year to catch Hersey Hawkins in All Time NBA RECORD LEADERS in 3's MADE. You will be in the top 25 dude. Top 100 All-time, you are # 33 now. Wish you were in a MAGIC UNIFORM this year, to do this.

I wouldnt advertise that...it makes the Magic look BADDDD!

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 10:58 PM

Who the **** said that man, the all time leader is Miller.

DQL
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
ok thank the Clippers for getting J-Will and Davis.

Anyway thanks J-Will for what you have done in Miami :clap: I wish you the best

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
ok thank the Clippers for getting J-Will and Davis.

Anyway thanks J-Will for what you have done in Miami :clap: I wish you the best

lmao for real!!

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
When him and Walker got in a Fight in the 2nd game of the season.

DQL
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
When him and Walker got in a Fight in the 2nd game of the season.

I don't remember that. Wats the reason?

danbola
08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Im sad to see JWill go. But Im happy to see alot of the pieces to our horrible season leaving. We need a whole new atmosphere in the locker room this year. I hope we dont resign Quinn, and s/t Wright.

DrHoops21
08-08-2008, 12:33 AM
thanks to j-will for helping us get a championship. he hit a lot of clutch 3's for us that year. he is getting old though, and we are rebuilding, good move letting him go. he'll be a good veteran back up for the clips.

fabian11593
08-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Damn the Heat is getting rid of their players and they're all going to Hollywood. Haha, Miami.

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 03:34 AM
They took smush, ricky, now j will. We will give you blount. I hate his game

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 04:57 AM
good luck j will.thanks for everything

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Damn the Heat is getting rid of their players and they're all going to Hollywood. Haha, Miami.

whats so funny?! thats a good thing there only getting scrub players

noturnormalhero
08-08-2008, 07:03 AM
you guys could hate on Jwill and Ricky Davis all you want but we have people like Bobby Jones, Kasib Powell, this dude we signed from Denver and possibly Chris Quinn. I'd take Jwill and Ricky over that ANY day lol. Everyone hating on Jwill cuz he's "old" yet we want a veteran? Hating on him because of his injuries yet he's not the only one on the roster with injury issues? Not saying i wanted the dude to be a starter , but i rather have him than Quinn anyday. Granted Jwill isnt the same player he once was but ya'll act like he's the PG version of Matt Geiger or something.

BALLER71
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
He's my favorite player in the league :cry:

DES
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
you guys could hate on Jwill and Ricky Davis all you want but we have people like Bobby Jones, Kasib Powell, this dude we signed from Denver and possibly Chris Quinn. I'd take Jwill and Ricky over that ANY day lol. Everyone hating on Jwill cuz he's "old" yet we want a veteran? Hating on him because of his injuries yet he's not the only one on the roster with injury issues? Not saying i wanted the dude to be a starter , but i rather have him than Quinn anyday. Granted Jwill isnt the same player he once was but ya'll act like he's the PG version of Matt Geiger or something.
lol....agreed. and thanks for all ur players..minus smush...and as for blount...keep him...we move forwards not backwards.

Magic #1 Fan
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Who the **** said that man, the all time leader is Miller.
READ DUDE .. TOP 25 not #1 ....JASON WILLIAMS is #33 right now. Hawkins is #26 right now. YOU GOT TO READ DUDE. EVERY BODY KNOWS REGGIE MILLER IS #1. WTF.

DrHoops21
08-08-2008, 10:39 AM

yea i agree with you id rather have jwill and davis then quin and them. but hopefully we can come up with a pg better than jwill and quin, then it would makes sense not to keep jwill right? always getting injured, slow, cant play defense, you cant ignore these things, they really hurt, plain and simple, hes not a consistent starter anymore. hopefully we let go of quin. then pick up someone like tinsley? then we got chalmers for backup. i think that would be great. and yea ricky davis takes a lot of crap, but your right hes a much better player than some of these guys, i was hoping we coulda have held on to him to back up wade along with cook. but o well, we didnt want to pay him what he wanted i guess right?

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
i just realize when we had JWILL alot of people from other teams were saying that he sucks and stuff and now they got him and they are saying wow great pickup :rolleyes:

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Those guys you named will be next! There not gonna be here or we will just use your services and possibly pack you in a trade where you will be immediatley dropped

noturnormalhero
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
yea i agree with you id rather have jwill and davis then quin and them. but hopefully we can come up with a pg better than jwill and quin, then it would makes sense not to keep jwill right? always getting injured, slow, cant play defense, you cant ignore these things, they really hurt, plain and simple, hes not a consistent starter anymore. hopefully we let go of quin. then pick up someone like tinsley? then we got chalmers for backup. i think that would be great. and yea ricky davis takes a lot of crap, but your right hes a much better player than some of these guys, i was hoping we coulda have held on to him to back up wade along with cook. but o well, we didnt want to pay him what he wanted i guess right?

yeah i feel ya. but one thing Jwill has way more than any other PG on our team is experience. He started for us meaning more minutes and more playing time. you cut that down as a 2nd or 3rd string option, the chances of him getting an injury go way down ya know? Im not big on tinsley cuz of his shot selection and he had an incident in a nightclub in Chicago..imagine Miami lol. I would have loved to keep Davis if the price was right but obviously it wasnt so he moved on. if we dont get a PG..we'll be a young team with a young coach. Rebuilding doesnt happen in one year.

danbola
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM

The thing is, barring injury none of the people you mention should be getting any playing time. I dont see a need of holding onto these players when they are low on our depth chart. Should JWill/Quinn be playing over Banks/Chalmers? When will Ricky get playing time with Wade/Cook/Marion/J.Jones? I agree we need a vet pg, but is JWill the answer? I dont think so.

bryan71023
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Who the hell is going to start PG now for the Heat? Mario Chalmers?

greek miami hea
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=bryan71023;6245586]Who the hell is going to start PG now for the Heat? Mario Chalmers?[/QUOTE
yea!!!!!!!he is a quite good but unproven pg.but he showed us that he can handle the ball pretty good

MiamiHeat
08-11-2008, 07:39 PM

maybe him or Marcus Banks or unless we trade for a PG
but Mario is the steal of the draft you will get to know once you see him play;)

ATX
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Sorry for all you Quinn lovers, but it's going to be Marcus Banks starting. He already has the experience of playing with the Heat. He is familiar with an up tempo offense, and he isn't going to make 4 mil to sit on the bench. He at least deserves his first real shot at being a starter. Now I would expect Chalmers to become the starter, maybe even as soon as this year. Chalmers certainly was drafted to be given the real chance of becoming our future starter, but it's not going to be handed to him. He will have to earn it, and earn it he will, but that takes time.

Ghouse
08-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Good Luck in his future. Hopefully Chalmers can bring us a nice young PG.

29$JerZ
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
If the heat make no more moves for the Pg position I can see ither of these two things happening

1 - Miami starts Marcus Banks until Mario Chalmers becomes more comfortable running the team

2 - Dwayne Might get switched to the 1 and the Heat could starts Cook at the 2

daleja424
08-11-2008, 10:40 PM
If the heat make no more moves for the Pg position I can see ither of these two things happening

1 - Miami starts Marcus Banks until Mario Chalmers becomes more comfortable running the team

:no::no::no:

dimgim
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM

Can't see that second scenario happenin...