PDA

View Full Version : Smith optioned; Aardsma likely to return

RedSoxtober
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Reliever Chris Smith was optioned to Pawtucket after last night's game. David Aardsma is expected to be activated for the weekend series in Chicago.

Source: Boston Globe

Tragedy
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I think our BP is about to go on a tear.

Really, I think so.

RedSoxtober
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
What are you, omniscient? I didn't even have time to get back to the thread listing before you commented!

Dirty Dirk41
08-07-2008, 07:07 PM

Really, I think so.

well sir, for the love of GOD i hope your right.

yaowowrocket11
08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Aardsma is having a solid season, so lets hope he keeps it up.

m2j3
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I like this move. Aardsma is pitching very well so far, and he should be a big help to the Sox bullpen.

bosox1899
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
its too bad bc Smith was pitching really well too, im willing to bet he comes up in september though

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Really, I think so.

:pray:

Wake's Fastball
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Bummer. See you in a few weeks, Chris.

Tragedy
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Aardsma is having a solid season, so lets hope he keeps it up.
He's quietly been a very solid piece when guys like Oki and Delcarmen were struggling.

The thing that bothered me from day one was people like Rotoworld have dumped on him. When we had to make a decision on which reliever to release, Roto was saying it'd be Aardsma and not Snyder that would go. I don't understand it.

We basically got him for nothing, he's under 30, he throws gas. If he can just cut down some of those walks, he'd be our top SU man.

yaowowrocket11
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
He's quietly been a very solid piece when guys like Oki and Delcarmen were struggling.

The thing that bothered me from day one was people like Rotoworld have dumped on him. When we had to make a decision on which reliever to release, Roto was saying it'd be Aardsma and not Snyder that would go. I don't understand it.

We basically got him for nothing, he's under 30, he throws gas. If he can just cut down some of those walks, he'd be our top SU man.

David Aardsma struck out three in 1 2/3 scoreless innings out of the pen against the As.
Aardsma got to pitch in one major league game for the Red Sox, but it remains unclear whether hell still be around when the roster is reduced to 25 this weekend. Unless Mike Timlin goes on the DL, there will be two spots for Kyle Snyder, Bryan Corey and Aardsma, with one more set to be cut when Josh Beckett returns. Snyder is probably the favorite to stick, though the other two look like better pitchers.

rotoworld

I remember reading that. He has been one of our most reliable relievers.

NESports2004
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
smith was doing great for us sucks to see him go but we gotta get aardsma back in the swing of thing s for the strech run.

lil'papi
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Aardsma only issue is his FB. He uses it way too much. He can throw 98mph , but his secondaries he forgets about.
I like Smith .....very gutsy goes right after guys. But Theo loves power arms has a lust for them.

He fits in nicely and wasn't over exposed this year. (Aardsma)