08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/heat_sign_diawara.html

Thoughts?

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
im indifferent toward this maybe he can be a spark off the bench :shrug:

_Sn1P3r_
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe. From what I saw last season in Denver, he could shoot the 3. But I think he was inconsistent as well.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
do you kno for how much they got him?

tbron
08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
i don't understand this.

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
there is def. a trade coming

yboord028
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
do you kno for how much they got him?

More than likely the minnimum.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
More than likely the minnimum.

thanks. thats what i leaning towards but not sure

i hope so

Rolla
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM

what do you think is going on?:confused:

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
what do you think is going on?:confused:

SFs: Shawn Marion, James Jones, Dorell Wright, Bobby Jones, Yakhouba Diawara, Kasib Powell.

The Heat have alot of small forwards. James Jones, Bobby Jones, and now Diawara are all within the past month or so. Dorell Wright is as good as gone and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the not the only one to go.

DrHoops21
08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
yea i dont get it why would picking up this guy mean there is a trade coming. who is this guy SF? PF? how does he play? wasnt he on the wizards?

DrHoops21
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
ooo i see. so many SFs. ok but i just dont see what kinda trade could be coming. there is no one out there that can match marion is there? maybe we trade wright but for who? tinsley??

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
yea i dont get it why would picking up this guy mean there is a trade coming. who is this guy SF? PF? how does he play? wasnt he on the wizards?

he played for the Nuggets and hes a SG/SF

Rolla
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
SFs: Shawn Marion, James Jones, Dorell Wright, Bobby Jones, Yakhouba Diawara, Kasib Powell.

The Heat have alot of small forwards. James Jones, Bobby Jones, and now Diawara are all within the past month or so. Dorell Wright is as good as gone and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the not the only one to go.

Good point about the SF's. its gotta be a trade including one of our SF's for big dude for the 5 spot IMO

Shieldsz
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
The Heat signed free agent swingman Yakhouba Diawara on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but they are believed to have used the remaining $900,000 of their mid-level exception to guarantee the first year.
Diawara is primarily known for his defensive abilities, and should be a fine backup for Shawn Marion. His signing leaves Bobby Jones and Kasib Powell in a precarious position, and either player (or both) could be left off the regular season roster.

rotoworld.

Shieldsz
08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
i feel like such a douchebag... move this conor (nuggets) ; or close it

roo3flash
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
ooo i see. so many SFs. ok but i just dont see what kinda trade could be coming. there is no one out there that can match marion is there? maybe we trade wright but for who? tinsley??

we dont have 2 trade marion...

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
i feel like such a douchebag... move this conor (nuggets) ; or close it

:confused:

blackjack5380
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Im sure they are trading dorrel wright and marcus banks for jamaal tinsley or mo williams, Im 90% sure of that, or haslem, wright, and banks for tinsley and nesterovic/or jeff foster, I would give like 60% on that.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Im sure they are trading dorrel wright and marcus banks for jamaal tinsley or mo williams, Im 90% sure of that.

how are u so sure??

fins08
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes. This guy is awesome. I followed him last year cuz his name is ****in Yakhouba Diawara. He is great on D on a terrible d team. He can shoot well. Good backup.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
how are u so sure??

b/c it makes the most sense...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
b/c it makes the most sense...

pat dosent always make sense :eyebrow:

daleja424
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
pat dosent always make sense :eyebrow:

well he is predictable... and you know he will go after vets with problems b4 playing youngsters...

SwaggaIke
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
This is bull ****.

Ghouse
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
With the signing of Diawara I know he's basically trade bait.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
With the signing of Diawara I know he's basically trade bait.

nope...we cant trade Diawara for like two months b/c of tha CBA.

...also...remember that Dorell hasnt actually signed yet. I think this might signal that Pat isnt planning on retaining Dorell like we all have assumed he would.

DaNtHeMaN628
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
why we are only signing forwards is a mystery considering that our weaknesses are point guard and center.

Master Mind
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Who is this guy?

daleja424
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Who is this guy?

another should be d-leaguer... this means one thing. The heat arent resigning Wright (or they will S/T him) and they are trying to find his replacement (between Powell, Diawara, and Jones)... and which ever is the best in camp wins the job...the other two probably get cut...

DQL
08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
wtf? Does this guy have the worst rating in LIVE 08? I hope his real life performance is better. Bobby Jones and Dorell and even Marion seem to be traded soon

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 05:01 AM
i would like to be inside pats mind in order to see what he is planning!

heatbb
08-08-2008, 05:03 AM
wtf? Does this guy have the worst rating in LIVE 08? I hope his real life performance is better. Bobby Jones and Dorell and even Marion seem to be traded soon

So what is it, 30 or a bit above? :D

If Riley is not trading him, i'll :cry: and :smoking:

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 06:04 AM
i would like to be inside pats mind in order to see what he is planning!

you and everyone else...

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Is he a 3pt shooter? anybody know?

Coqui77
08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
The Heats Roster looks like my report card back in the days, F's all the way down lol

danbola
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Is he a 3pt shooter? anybody know?

I have never seen him play, but everything I have read about him says he is horrible offensively, but very good defensively. So, no.

Grifftiggs
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Diawara cha cha cha

DQL
08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
So what is it, 30 or a bit above? :D

If Riley is not trading him, i'll :cry: and :smoking:

50 I believe. Lowest rating

LayZbone
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Blount/Anthony/(Mourning-fa)
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Marion/J.Jones/B.Jones/Diawara/Powell/(Wright-fa)
Wade/Cook
Banks/Chalmers/(Quinn-fa)

Pat....we have a ridiculous amount of forwards....you better package some of them to fill our holes at Center and PG.

BALLER71
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Actually he's a 68 in NBA live :laugh2:

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Actually he's a 68 in NBA live :laugh2:

i hope they rank him higher than they rank blount

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
this season his 3p precentage was 31.8 %.thats not so bad
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=4199
and he was averaging 10 mpg.so i think that he is quite good(for a benchwarmer):p

dimgim
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
this season his 3p precentage was 31.8 %.thats not so bad
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=4199
and he was averaging 10 mpg.so i think that he is quite good(for a benchwarmer):p

Yeah your right its not that bad...its horrible. This guy is here because Miami needed a shooter (James Jones) and a perimeter defender (Diawara) to take pressure off Wade on the defensive end. It's kinda obvious a deal with another team is in place for Marion. I personally think a deal between Indiana or Memphis is being worked out...I wouldn't mind Tinsley and Jeff Foster at this point personally.

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Yeah your right its not that bad...its horrible. This guy is here because Miami needed a shooter (James Jones) and a perimeter defender (Diawara) to take pressure off Wade on the defensive end. It's kinda obvious a deal with another team is in place for Marion. I personally think a deal between Indiana or Memphis is being worked out...I wouldn't mind Tinsley and Jeff Foster at this point personally.

and then who would be our starting sf?and what could possibly be our lineup?

heatbb
08-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Beasley is the starting SF then. Even i have that much logic. :D

daleja424
08-10-2008, 09:29 AM

There is no friggin way Riley is trading marion for Tinley/Foster if he just rejected Tinsley for Haslem a couple weeks ago....come on. And the salaries dont even match. Now maybe Tinsley/Hibbert for Wright/Banks/2ns rounders I would consider...

dimgim
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Did the salaries match when Camby went to the Clippers...you fail to realize that the other team can eat some of the salary on one end. Wright's agent is on record saying they expected an offer next week from Miami...so both Jones boys, Wright, and Diawara will all be in the mix at SF. Marion is gone...hey I like the guy but Pat has something up his sleeve...mark my words it's either Memphis especially after Atlanta matched the offer sheet they signed Josh Smith to...or Indiana who have the PG and C Miami needs and are said to not want either of them (Tinsley and Foster).

daleja424
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Did the salaries match when Camby went to the Clippers...you fail to realize that the other team can eat some of the salary on one end. Wright's agent is on record saying they expected an offer next week from Miami...so both Jones boys, Wright, and Diawara will all be in the mix at SF. Marion is gone...hey I like the guy but Pat has something up his sleeve...mark my words it's either Memphis especially after Atlanta matched the offer sheet they signed Josh Smith to...or Indiana who have the PG and C Miami needs and are said to not want either of them (Tinsley and Foster).

do u know anything about the NBA? The Camby deal was allowed to happen b/c LA was well below the cap and could take on the entire 10 mil and not go over the cap:

Using the salary-cap space earmarked for re-signing Brand before his free-agent departure to the Philadelphia 76ers, L.A. was able to absorb Camby's contract ($10 million for each of the next two seasons) without surrendering anything of consequence, although Denver did create a trade exception worth $10.1 million that expires one year from Tuesday.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156
Don't tell me you know what your talking about when you clearly dont...

BALLER71
08-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Owned.

dimgim
08-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I know plenty about the NBA son...thats why i said it...i don't know Indiana's exact cap numbers but i was assuming if they want a player of Marion's caliber they could eat the 1 or 2 million in a deal for Tinsley and Foster. And whats with your caddy and the "owned" garbage he's even got one of your qoutes up every post.

Don't ever challenge me in my knowledge of the game...I'm pretty sure I know basketball as well as anyone on this forum.

_Supreme_
08-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Owned.

Yep, that's what you get for talking while not being informed enough :D

Tinsley has an absolutely horrible contract, and it would still be on our cap for $7.5M in the 2010 offseason.

There is no way Riley takes that.

If they buy him out sign him for the vet minimum maybe, but to be honest I couldn't care less. The man is always hurt half the season like Jwill.

_Supreme_
08-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Don't ever challenge me in my knowledge of the game...I'm pretty sure I know basketball as well as anyone on this forum.

Well that post about the salary and Camby was a little slip-up then I suppose!

Relax, we're only messing with you (at least I know I am) :p

daleja424
08-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I know plenty about the NBA son...thats why i said it...i don't know Indiana's exact cap numbers but i was assuming if they want a player of Marion's caliber they could eat the 1 or 2 million in a deal for Tinsley and Foster. And whats with your caddy and the "owned" garbage he's even got one of your qoutes up every post.

well they can't. It is against NBA salary cap rules...furthermore...why would we trade a player of marion's caliber for a package like that anyways even if we could?!?!

It is clear that you dont understand the NBA's salary cap rules. You may understand basketball, but I even doubt that since you want to trade Marion for Tinsley...

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 04:31 PM
haha...my boy Daleja's on fire!

daleja424
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
haha...my boy Daleja's on fire!

:D:D:D

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM

you know that's his sig right? you've never seen someone put a quote from another poster in their sig for being funny, clever or dumb? It'd be like if I quoted you for wanting to trade Marion for Tinsley...then everyone on PSD can look at my sig and judge you. but i wouldn't do that...i'm just saying people sig-quote each other all the time.

daleja424
08-10-2008, 04:38 PM
you know that's his sig right? you've never seen someone put a quote from another poster in their sig for being funny, clever or dumb?

haha...ya and I made that quote to be funny...but now it looks dumb :( Friggin marlins... :mad::mad::mad:

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 05:16 PM
what were the biggest trading pieces we had before the deadline last season? Answer: Haslem, Wright and Cook. Now Riley goes and fills two roles we need off the bench....a sharpshooter and a defender. I'm guessing Jones and Diawara were brought in to replace Wright and Cook who might be involved in a package w/ Haslem.

daleja424
08-10-2008, 05:19 PM
what were the biggest trading pieces we had before the deadline last season? Answer: Haslem, Wright and Cook. Now Riley goes and fills two roles we need off the bench....a sharpshooter and a defender. I'm guessing Jones and Diawara were brought in to replace Wright and Cook who might be involved in a package w/ Haslem.

I have to agree... Haslem/Cook/Wright seem the most expendable right now...

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:19 PM

this makes sense

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:20 PM
but who are we going to get>???which is your ideas?

daleja424
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
could we trade haslem/banks/wright for wilcox/watson? I kinda like that...

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
yes.and i have todl you that i like it too.but can these players hepl us?

daleja424
08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
yes.and i have todl you that i like it too.but can these players hepl us?

well wilcox is better then anything we have... and watson can shoot the three and is better then anything we have... and we get rid of 3 long term contracts for two expiring ones...so yes

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:28 PM
but is this trade a realistic option for us?

daleja424
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
but is this trade a realistic option for us?

well that I dont know... It seems possible... but If Riley does make a move I expect it might be bigger then this... I just dont know though...

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 05:37 PM
well that I dont know... It seems possible... but If Riley does make a move I expect it might be bigger then this... I just dont know though...

i hope so!!he knows that wade wont wait or young players to develop.he got to take some actions now!

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 05:44 PM
man...i'd love to get a guy like Dalembert. but that ain't happening. I just want Pat to rape someone in a deal. It's been done before lol.

dimgim
08-10-2008, 06:17 PM
All I was saying is if Dorrell is offered a contract next week like his agent says it only makes since to trade Marion. All these forwards aren't going to be on the team next season thats obvious...and despite what anyone says Tinsley would be a real good compliment to Wade. Tinsley could easily average around 14pts 8assts, and Foster would be an easy 10 and 10...thus solidifying two areas of need for Miami. Marion is a great player but Miami is overloaded at the position now especially if Wright signs like his agent keeps stating. BEasy can also slide over to the three spot because Miami still has Haslem on the roster.

daleja424
08-10-2008, 06:28 PM
well I like Tinsley for this team too, but not for marion. like i said...riley rejected a tinsley for haslem deal last week, so why would he offer marion for tinsley? that make no sense.

if we wanna offer banks/wright for him....fine! id do it. but noway i trade marion for tinsley...

NBABALLERHOLLER
08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Tinsley certainly does not bring enough to the table alone to lose Haslem or Marion. I think without Marion, Wright is our best prospect at small forward. Trade Cook, Banks in a Marion package, please, and use it for a center.

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Tinsley certainly does not bring enough to the table alone to lose Haslem or Marion. I think without Marion, Wright is our best prospect at small forward. Trade Cook, Banks in a Marion package, please, and use it for a center.

are there any available Centers that have Marion's value? Here are the top 30 Centers according to NBA.com player efficiency:

Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard
Ming Yao
Carlos Boozer (PF)
Al Jefferson
Marcus Camby
Pau Gasol (PF)
Chris Kaman
Andrew Bynum
Brad Miller
Tyson Chandler
Andrew Bogut
Emeka Okafor (PF)
Andris Biedrins
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Samuel Dalembert
Mehmet Okur
Shaquille O'Neal
Al Horford
Rasheed Wallace
Brendan Haywood
Jeff Foster
Erick Dampier
Ben Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Josh Boone
Anderson Varejao
Joel Przybilla
Kendrick Perkins
Eddy Curry
Nazr Mohammed
Rasho Nesterovic
Joakim Noah

Where does Marion fall....or in other words....what can a Marion package get you?

daleja424
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
are there any available Centers that have Marion's value? Here are the top 30 Centers according to NBA.com player efficiency:

Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard
Ming Yao
Al Jefferson
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Andrew Bynum
Brad Miller
Tyson Chandler
Andrew Bogut
Andris Biedrins
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Samuel Dalembert
Mehmet Okur
Shaquille O'Neal
Al Horford
Rasheed Wallace
Brendan Haywood
Jeff Foster
Erick Dampier
Ben Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Josh Boone
Anderson Varejao
Joel Przybilla
Kendrick Perkins
Eddy Curry
Nazr Mohammed
Rasho Nesterovic
Joakim Noah

Where does Marion fall....or in other words....what can a Marion package get you?

the ones I made bold are possibly available... but Marion is probabaly more valuable then most of them...

dimgim
08-10-2008, 10:04 PM
the ones I made bold are possibly available... but Marion is probabaly more valuable then most of them...

Bottom line...with the way the roster is now would Marion help more than the combination of Tinsley (lets be honest one of the best pure passers in the game) and Jeff Foster (the DEFENSIVE minded center Miami lacks) this season.

Keep in mind Wright, Jones squared, Diawara and Powell are all in the mix.

daleja424
08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Bottom line...with the way the roster is now would Marion help more than the combination of Tinsley (lets be honest one of the best pure passers in the game) and Jeff Foster (the DEFENSIVE minded center Miami lacks) this season.

Keep in mind Wright, Jones squared, Diawara and Powell are all in the mix.

yes...he would. Not only does it take a TON of pressure off of Beasley, but more importantly...it frees up a TON of money next offseason...

rick66ankiel24
08-10-2008, 11:04 PM
yea we really need a big man cuz we arent going to be a contender unless we have a solid man in the post