PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from the trios press conference

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Ted Thompson

On whether being comfortable with always being known as the guy that traded Brett Favre: "No, I don't think anybody would be comfortable with that. This is in many ways sad that this is where it came to. At the end of the day though, I think all parties involved felt like it was the best solution to a very difficult situation. Hopefully we can do things going forward that maybe people will not remember that, but the answer to your question is no."

Did you kind of take a deep breath before you finally made it official: "Yes. When the trade papers actually came and I was going to sign it, which would be my job, I almost wanted someone else to sign it, but yes."

On where Favre's seemingly personal problems with him came from: "My first-blush guess is probably communication breakdown. When one group of people are in Wisconsin and another group of people are down in Mississippi, sometimes you think that everybody understands where everybody is, but then all of a sudden the communication becomes sometimes even through the media. What someone reads in the paper, not that you guys would slant the truth, but what some people read in the paper was actually said by somebody else, and then all of a sudden I think breakdowns come down, and that's my responsibility. So yeah, I think that, but I don't have all of the answers in terms of what we could have done to have done this better. I do think that we tried to do the best that we could all of the time, but I'm not sure that we didn't make mistakes."

On whether Thompson felt animosity on Brett's part when the two spoke on Monday and Tuesday: "No, it never has when he and I have spoken directly. I think it is fair to say, and I don't want to speak for him and what he was thinking, I think there were some feelings there that he felt were hard to let go, that somewhere during the course of the past little bit that maybe he perceived something. We didn't speak about it directly. I don't want to give the impression that it was all hunky-dory, but we had a very good conversation, a long talk, and it was not uncomfortable for either of us, but there might have been some residual."

Brett said he couldn't move past some things, could you have if he decided to come back?: "Yes, I do, but it's different in my role as opposed to a player, I think."

Why couldn't this situation have been resolved weeks ago?: "I don't know. There was communication, but when you are sitting face-to-face, I think that's better. I think with the actual reinstatement, that is a commitment beyond being, well, I'm thinking I might want to play or something, so then you have to kind of sit and talk it out. ...We had some conversations. It's again that through the whole thing, once he said he was wanting to come back and wanted to play, there was always this underlying thing about how to get past the impasse. Like you say, he wanted a release. That was something we weren't comfortable with and there weren't any other options that appealed to him at that time.

On whether Thompson's afraid the better Favre does the worse it will be for Thompson: "No. Despite opinions to the contrary, I like Brett a lot. I'd love to see him have the time of his life. I'm wishing him well, that he does well. I think all football fans want to see him do well, and we pray he will.....Brett has been obviously an unbelievable legend here as a Green Bay Packer, and I think even though he is going to do it in a different uniform, I think all of us would like to see him do well."

Mike McCarthy

On whether it will take some fence-mending to get Favre to come back once his career is over: "I know the communication that we had, he's a Green Bay Packer. He wants to come back here, he wants to be welcome back here. We talked about him coming back when he does retire and working training camp, just something so he can be part of it. I told him he can help with the quarterbacks, but I don't want any new plays. This is important to him, he recognizes that. When you step out of what's happened and everything, he has a very positive opinion about the fans, the experience he's had with his family. He didn't want to do this to his teammates anymore. He felt it clearly went along long enough."

If you had told Favre he would have been the starter, he would have been here, right?: "Totally disagree with you Bob. I hear your opinion, it's not accurate. It's not accurate to the facts that I've presented to you. I need to protect the football team. It is about the football team. I understand how large Brett is. And he totally agrees with my focus. We talked about it openly, we talked about moving forward to try to get to that spot, but we did not get there. That's the truth. You can keep asking me the same question. My answer is not going to change."

On if the team told Favre they would have a competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting spot if Favre came back: "Ted Thompson and I and Mark talked about if we got to that spot, that we would let Brett compete for his position, and I talked to Brett about that, and he felt that was clearly the best way to go. He had no problem competing, but once again, we could not get past that. That's as far as the conversation went. He was going to have the opportunity to compete for his spot...I'll just say this. The players have a complete understanding of our plan, of everything that's happened. They're abreast of everything that's gone on. But they've moved past it. It's a situation that will not occur.

Mark Murphy

"We do want to have a long-term relationship with Brett. He will always be a Packer and he's very important to this organization."

"Ted, Mike and I, I want to really stress, the three of us have been in complete agreement on every single decision that we have made in this process. I have tremendous respect for both Ted and Mike. Ted has been a true professional through this whole process. In my view, he has no ego. His thought process in every decision is what is in the best interest of this organization. I thought it was really masterful the way that Ted has handled this situation, particularly the trade, in unison with Russ Ball and John Schneider. I just really thought they handled that very well. I wanted to commend Ted for the way he has handled a very difficult situation."

"Mike has been solid as a rock through this whole process, and really I think one of the main reasons that we finally have had closure to this situation was the difficult and honest and frank conversations that Mike had with Brett."

On the marketing deal looking like a pay off: "Let me just say, it was a marketing deal, and this is something as an organization that we've been talking about even before I got here. People said Brett has been so special to the organization, we want to have a long-term relationship with him. When he retired, shortly after that we started talks with him about having a long-term relationship, and it would be a business deal that made sense for us and for him. But then as time went on and he changed his mind, obviously it was off the table. Quite honestly, I went down to Hattiesburg, as president of the organization, we were in a very difficult spot, both Brett and the organization, and wanted to just meet with him face-to-face and just say listen, can we talk about this, is there a way to find a positive resolution for us and for you. We talked about a number of different things, and the more we talked about it, the idea of the marketing deal made sense as maybe a way to resolve this. But again, it was all based on, this is only if you don't want to play. If you want to play, come back. And again, we can't speak for Brett, but he was in a difficult situation, because we were not going to release him and we weren't going to trade him in the division. Those were things he wanted, and he wasn't sure whether he wanted to come back here, so I think the opportunity to perhaps have a marketing relationship with us was attractive, but ultimately he decided he wanted to play. But not for Green Bay."

"One thing I will just say, it wasn't Brett's fault and it wasn't our fault, but the relationship got to a point where it couldn't go forward. Don't try to blame either side. It's like a marriage that ends. It happens. Neither party is at fault, but you move forward. And I think Mike's right, we want to have a long-term relationship with Brett, and I think he does too. I think that's important to him."

On the retirement ceremony: "I'm glad you asked about the retirement ceremony for his jersey. Obviously we're not going to have it Sept. 8. We will retire his jersey in the future, and again, that goes back to what he's done here. He deserves that. But it will be at a point when we know he's absolutely done with his playing career. Ted and I talked actually a little bit about that. I think in the future we will. It seemed great when we did it at the time, and obviously it didn't turn out that way. The other thing I said to Ted is let's hope that we have a lot of players in the future that are good enough that we want to retire their jerseys. That's a good problem to have."

On his trip to Hattiesburg being a mistake: "I think it goes back to, again, I think we have taken pride in this whole situation of being honest and fair and dealing with them openly. I went down there trying to help Brett out of a situation and to help us out of a situation. I entered into discussions of a very private nature, and I thought they were sincere that this was a way to get out of a difficult situation. Obviously as I look back on it, I would do things differently. We were trying to come up with a way to help both sides out of a very difficult situation."
----------------------------------------------
I'm still waiting to hear it on Packers.com. The video isn't up yet and for whatever reason and their live window wasn't working for me. :confused:

Martz
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
well be ready for someone to say something about how TT is full of crap and is lying and bla bla bla.

newdude
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
TT is full of crap and is lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:silly:
But seriously, they didn't give anything new. They were asked questions and the 3 was cautious with the answers and lightly touch on the their views of the subject.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 07:13 PM
OK I now heard it for myself. I really like Coach McCarthy. I liked him a lot before this whole mess and have that much more respect for him after. I still have issues with Ted but what are ya gonna do?

Since no one has wanted to answer my question that I've asked a few times now, I will ask it again. WHY DID BRETT FAVRE COME TO CAMP?

I have an idea but I would like to hear what the rest of you think. I'm not looking to rip on anyone's answers I just want to get a feel for what my fellow Packers fans feel his reason was.

Chisox fan
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
TT is full of crap and is lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. If TT wasn't lying, why did the Packers hire Ari Fleischer?

Its a mystery to me how people can defend TT. Does anybody think the Packers are a better team with Rodgers than Favre? Apparently Favre wasn't good enough to play for the Packers but was too good to let go to the Vikings. TT is a gutless lying weasel.

newdude
08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Socal, I'll be the first to try to answer ur question.

I think Favre was given false hope to be the starter. They may have gave Favre the idea that he was able to regain his spot back through competition or in some way, that's why around the time he came to camp that news started going strong. But once Favre talked to them face to face, things broke down bcuz they might've backpedaled on something they said or change their mind. Favre probably at that point is sick of the false pretense, so he got more pissed and decided he'll play anywhere just to escape TT.

This is just my speculation, so all TT lovers don't go berserk on me, :)

Chisox fan
08-07-2008, 07:46 PM
OK I now heard it for myself. I really like Coach McCarthy. I liked him a lot before this whole mess and have that much more respect for him after. I still have issues with Ted but what are ya gonna do?

Since no one has wanted to answer my question that I've asked a few times now, I will ask it again. WHY DID BRETT FAVRE COME TO CAMP?

I have an idea but I would like to hear what the rest of you think. I'm not looking to rip on anyone's answers I just want to get a feel for what my fellow Packers fans feel his reason was.

Its hard to know for sure; here's my best guess. I think after the commissioner reinstated him, he went to camp to force a resolution, cause nothing was happening. I think Favre's first choice was to play for the Packers, yet they obviously didn't want him back. (Why else were they offering him $20 million to stay retired?) Obviously his feelings were hurt. Maybe he was hoping that by going to camp they would welcome him back. Obviously that didn't happen.

So what's your theory?

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking he came back to like you said force our hand. I think he wanted a release from his contract and that he would've went to Minnesota. It seems like it comes down to a he said she said. Is McCarthy lying here?

If you had told Favre he would have been the starter, he would have been here, right?: "Totally disagree with you Bob. I hear your opinion, it's not accurate. It's not accurate to the facts that I've presented to you. I need to protect the football team. It is about the football team. I understand how large Brett is. And he totally agrees with my focus. We talked about it openly, we talked about moving forward to try to get to that spot, but we did not get there. That's the truth. You can keep asking me the same question. My answer is not going to change."

I have a hard time believing that Coach McCarthy would be lying when he said that.

Brooke
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I saw the whole press conference and I didnt believe a word out of anyones mouth. McCarthy kept dodging the main question being asked

and when TT said he likes Favre?? Gee you got a funny way of showing that by pushing him out of town and making the whole thing look like his fault

Chisox fan
08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw the whole press conference and I didnt believe a word out of anyones mouth. McCarthy kept dodging the main question being asked

and when TT said he likes Favre?? Gee you got a funny way of showing that by pushing him out of town and making the whole thing look like his fault

I didn't see it, and I'm so aggravated right now, I'm not in the mood to watch it. But what was the main question being asked?

I did see a brief clip of TT saying how sad he was, and nearly lost my lunch. god do I hate him.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Socal, I'll be the first to try to answer ur question.

I think Favre was given false hope to be the starter. They may have gave Favre the idea that he was able to regain his spot back through competition or in some way, that's why around the time he came to camp that news started going strong. But once Favre talked to them face to face, things broke down bcuz they might've backpedaled on something they said or change their mind. Favre probably at that point is sick of the false pretense, so he got more pissed and decided he'll play anywhere just to escape TT.

This is just my speculation, so all TT lovers don't go berserk on me, :)

So it sounds like you think Coach McCarthy, TT and Mark Murphy are lying?

newdude
08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
So it sounds like you think Coach McCarthy, TT and Mark Murphy are lying?

Maybe TT & Murphy, but McCarthy probably wasn't entirely involved in that part at the start. I mean when Favre was reinstated, did u not remember how (almost) everyone kind of believe there was a chance Favre would start for us again. And things Murphy & TT said somewhat gave out hope, so privately they could've done that to Favre.

They planned on a conference, bcuz everyone thought it's been resolved (or close to), but someone backpedaled during the conference.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Maybe TT & Murphy, but McCarthy probably wasn't entirely involved in that part at the start. I mean when Favre was reinstated, did u not remember how (almost) everyone kind of believe there was a chance Favre would start for us again. And things Murphy & TT said somewhat gave out hope, so privately they could've done that to Favre.

They planned on a conference, bcuz everyone thought it's been resolved (or close to), but someone backpedaled during the conference.

I just honestly don't feel like these guys are liars.

Murphy's words:"If you want to play, come back. And again, we can't speak for Brett, but he was in a difficult situation, because we were not going to release him and we weren't going to trade him in the division. Those were things he wanted, and he wasn't sure whether he wanted to come back here, so I think the opportunity to perhaps have a marketing relationship with us was attractive, but ultimately he decided he wanted to play. But not for Green Bay."

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I just honestly don't feel like these guys are liars.

Murphy's words:"If you want to play, come back. And again, we can't speak for Brett, but he was in a difficult situation, because we were not going to release him and we weren't going to trade him in the division. Those were things he wanted, and he wasn't sure whether he wanted to come back here, so I think the opportunity to perhaps have a marketing relationship with us was attractive, but ultimately he decided he wanted to play. But not for Green Bay."

It's ur opinion and I respect that. But do u believe that Favre wasn't sure if he wanted to play here? I don't know if it's just me, but there is something that went on to make an optimistic situation turned into a bad one in a day.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
It's ur opinion and I respect that. But do u believe that Favre wasn't sure if he wanted to play here? I don't know if it's just me, but there is something that went on to make an optimistic situation turned into a bad one in a day.

It's so frustrating isn't it? What a bunch of ********...:censored:! We the diehards are the real losers in this. I do believe that Favre wanted to be here. At the end of this mess I think he was done. He wanted to be released and wanted to stick it to the Packers by going to the Vikings.

newdude
08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
It's so frustrating isn't it? What a bunch of ********...:censored:! We the diehards are the real losers in this. I do believe that Favre wanted to be here. At the end of this mess I think he was done. He wanted to be released and wanted to stick it to the Packers by going to the Vikings.

That's what I'm thinking right there, it somehow got really bitter b4 the conference postponement. He wasn't done with GB but he was done with the management, so he just chose to go somewhere else instead of sticking around and making it worse. Yes, ppl keep saying who'll get the best deal out of this, but they don't realize we fans suffer the most:(

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Socal,

I have great respect for you as a poster. In the beginning we had our differences (good fights and barbs my friend!) and I feel all was resolved and we are 99% on the same page. My emotions are all over the board as well. My 40 year love for this team vs what I believe to be a GM way, WAY, in over his head. From the bottom of my heart brother, I think TT is a liar. Yes, Brett played the wavering Diva, but last I saw, TT didn't win any games by himself or lace em' up. He has so obviously wanted #4 gone since his arrival. I lay ZERO blame on MM. He's the head coach and puppet for the real decision maker. Murphy to me has been equally as disappointing as TT. New to the gig, he could have stopped the BS from day one, but chose to ride the ridiculous wave. Ari Fleischer on a 30 day retainer? That alone shoud tell you how patheticly the situation was handled.

It really is so simple. Favre should be our starter and Aaron should have been given an insane extension that would kick in after 2 more years. As it stands now, Rodgers is in an impossible situation and Packer nation is divided like never before.

The San Fran loss with T.O crying and the 4th and 26 loss in Philly were and are still painful. The loss of Favre to another team makes this the biggest loss in franchise history - all because it NEVER had to happen and could have been avoided.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Thank you for the respect Hawkeye I truly appreciate it. You're right about the fights, no doubt I had fun with them. They were epic battles with the lines we exchanged. Ive laughed at some of your crap as hard as I've ever laughed in my life. The respect is mutual my friend.

It's hard for me to believe but I'm not that naive either, you know? I'm just a stand up guy that doesn't like to ******** about stuff, maybe that's why its harder for me to think they're lying. I wish I knew, truly knew what went on. I think Murphy tried in the end but it was too late. I do agree with Murphy being able to stop this, he should have tried a lot sooner. He should have checked TT and told him to shut up. The whole thought of Brett still playing but doing it in another uni is awful. Yes this should have absolutely been avoided and it would kill me to think that we have liars running this great franchise.

Ryan Diesel
08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Socal,

I have great respect for you as a poster. In the beginning we had our differences (good fights and barbs my friend!) and I feel all was resolved and we are 99% on the same page. My emotions are all over the board as well. My 40 year love for this team vs what I believe to be a GM way, WAY, in over his head. From the bottom of my heart brother, I think TT is a liar. Yes, Brett played the wavering Diva, but last I saw, TT didn't win any games by himself or lace em' up. He has so obviously wanted #4 gone since his arrival. I lay ZERO blame on MM. He's the head coach and puppet for the real decision maker. Murphy to me has been equally as disappointing as TT. New to the gig, he could have stopped the BS from day one, but chose to ride the ridiculous wave. Ari Fleischer on a 30 day retainer? That alone shoud tell you how patheticly the situation was handled.

It really is so simple. Favre should be our starter and Aaron should have been given an insane extension that would kick in after 2 more years. As it stands now, Rodgers is in an impossible situation and Packer nation is divided like never before.

The San Fran loss with T.O crying and the 4th and 26 loss in Philly were and are still painful. The loss of Favre to another team makes this the biggest loss in franchise history - all because it NEVER had to happen and could have been avoided.

Very very true, I agree with most. Except I don't let McCarthy completely off the hook. He's been dodging and dancing around questions for weeks, I'm sick of it. Give one straight answer, don't leave clues and half truths and leave us all trying to figure out what the F your really talking about. I watched that dude talk for at least an hour in the last week and he hasn't said one damn thing. He's even said he's had a voice in this, so he gets some blame. He's been lying to as everyday just like the other two. He's gotta look out for his own *** so I don't totally hate him, but he did more to make this situation worse than he's done to make it better. I just hope he's as good of a coach without Favre as I thought he was last year with him. I still blame Teddy the most, and I didn't know what to think about Murphy before this whole thing. But now I know, he's a scumbag too. He was a Redskin, he doesn't care about the Packers. It's just another job for him, what does he care about Favre. Thompson knew when he got hired that it was his job to end the Favre era and move into the next one. He's finally got what he wanted. I just will never understand the logic of trading away your best player. Especially for a 4th round draft pick. Randy Moss isn't worth more than a 4th round pick, and neither is Favre I guess. What kind of mentality is that?? I bet it wouldn't even let you trade Favre on Madden to the Jet's for a 4th round pick.(not that I'm saying Madden is realistic, just saying since it comes out in a couple days)

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the respect Hawkeye I truly appreciate it. You're right about the fights, no doubt I had fun with them. They were epic battles with the lines we exchanged. Ive laughed at some of your crap as hard as I've ever laughed in my life. The respect is mutual my friend.

It's hard for me to believe but I'm not that naive either, you know? I'm just a stand up guy that doesn't like to ******** about stuff, maybe that's why its harder for me to think they're lying. I wish I knew, truly knew what went on. I think Murphy tried in the end but it was too late. I do agree with Murphy being able to stop this, he should have tried a lot sooner. He should have checked TT and told him to shut up. The whole thought of Brett still playing but doing it in another uni is awful. Yes this should have absolutely been avoided and it would kill me to think that we have liars running this great franchise.

With all losses in life, time does indeed heal. I made the very honest comment that there was a small part of me that wanted to see Rdogers fail in hope that it would get TT fired. As a couple days have passed, I'm not feeling that way so much. I am going to support Rodgers and the team like I have done for 40 years. This is not Rodger's fault. To clarify those feelings of wanting Ted gone and achieving this thru a poor season, THIS WAS NOT JUST ABOUT THE WAY HE BOTCHED THE FAVRE MESS. It's just my own opinion that his drafts are suspect and he hasn't a clue how to pursue FA's that can fill need. I haven't liked TT since his arrival, and the Favre fiasco was just icing on the proverbial cake.

Rodgers deserves better than what he has coming. Fans, especially liquored-up guys in hunting garb are going to murder this kid with every incompletion. That is fact. I am far from condoning that behavior. I will say it one more time. Those boos are mostly directed at TT and it is totally unfair to Rodgers and his developement. We need to support this kid and team if they are going to get to the playoffs. What pisses of the anti-Ted's is that we had a chance to win the whole thing with Favre. I feel there are more anti-Ted's than Brett backers on this board. We simply want to win NOW. Listen to some of the former gm's and players when they say this is a WIN NOW league. When you have opportunity, you grab it. The NFL last I checked, is not a developemental league. Bottom line fellas is that we now have to embrace what we have and not what was. Regardless of whether you think TT won 13 games for us with his GM-ing, or whether you think #4 got us there with some great play and luck, IT IS WHAT IT IS. Time will tell if TT's plan is a good one. When you've seen as much football as I have, you begin to realize a bit more how important it is to WIN NOW. Those opportunities aren't always there year after year.

To those that have been blasting me for my honest evaluations, I say they are just that - honest evaluations from a 47 year old guy that played just a little, has some pretty cool connections to the game, and who loves the Packers passionately. To date since my arrival on this board, I have yet to be wrong about ANY player evaluation. I was wrong about our magical season of a year ago. I thought this team would be lucky to win 7 or 8 games last year. How many of you predicted 13 wins?

To think that my ramblings are anything more than a wiseass cracking on his friends is comical. I consider all of you to be friends of a sort because we all have the common goal of wanting to win championships. Some of us just don't have the same sense of urgency and how to go about it. When I get together with my guys, we rip on each other brutally. I carry that same commaraderie to this board. If I've offended anyone, get a thicker skin Mary. One guy said that my diatribe influences perhaps hundreds of fans. I don't think so. I say get a life and form your own opinions. I mean really. What is this? A Star Trek convention? I'm no Captain Kirk leading a charge here. Although I would have nailed the black chick on the Enterprise.

Socal, I still crack up at some of the garbage we threw at each other. I think some of it got me a brief ban, but it was worth it man!

Now let's drop this crap and get ready for the season!

Martz
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I think McCarthy, as training camp started, was completely our of the loop on everything. He had too much to focus on with his team. Then when TT was trying to run the whole thing and that was going nowhere fast Murphy felt like he needed to step in because TT wasn't doing the best job.

I think Murphy trusts TT to run the football operations side of things and he was just going with what TT said.

Martz
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
With all losses in life, time does indeed heal. I made the very honest comment that there was a small part of me that wanted to see Rdogers fail in hope that it would get TT fired. As a couple days have passed, I'm not feeling that way so much. I am going to support Rodgers and the team like I have done for 40 years. This is not Rodger's fault. To clarify those feelings of wanting Ted gone and achieving this thru a poor season, THIS WAS NOT JUST ABOUT THE WAY HE BOTCHED THE FAVRE MESS. It's just my own opinion that his drafts are suspect and he hasn't a clue how to pursue FA's that can fill need. I haven't liked TT since his arrival, and the Favre fiasco was just icing on the proverbial cake.

Rodgers deserves better than what he has coming. Fans, especially liquored-up guys in hunting garb are going to murder this kid with every incompletion. That is fact. I am far from condoning that behavior. I will say it one more time. Those boos are mostly directed at TT and it is totally unfair to Rodgers and his developement. We need to support this kid and team if they are going to get to the playoffs. What pisses of the anti-Ted's is that we had a chance to win the whole thing with Favre. I feel there are more anti-Ted's than Brett backers on this board. We simply want to win NOW. Listen to some of the former gm's and players when they say this is a WIN NOW league. When you have opportunity, you grab it. The NFL last I checked, is not a developemental league. Bottom line fellas is that we now have to embrace what we have and not what was. Regardless of whether you think TT won 13 games for us with his GM-ing, or whether you think #4 got us there with some great play and luck, IT IS WHAT IT IS. Time will tell if TT's plan is a good one. When you've seen as much football as I have, you begin to realize a bit more how important it is to WIN NOW. Those opportunities aren't always there year after year.

To those that have been blasting me for my honest evaluations, I say they are just that - honest evaluations from a 47 year old guy that played just a little, has some pretty cool connections to the game, and who loves the Packers passionately. To date since my arrival on this board, I have yet to be wrong about ANY player evaluation. I was wrong about our magical season of a year ago. I thought this team would be lucky to win 7 or 8 games last year. How many of you predicted 13 wins?

To think that my ramblings are anything more than a wiseass cracking on his friends is comical. I consider all of you to be friends of a sort because we all have the common goal of wanting to win championships. Some of us just don't have the same sense of urgency and how to go about it. When I get together with my guys, we rip on each other brutally. I carry that same commaraderie to this board. If I've offended anyone, get a thicker skin Mary. One guy said that my diatribe influences perhaps hundreds of fans. I don't think so. I say get a life and form your own opinions. I mean really. What is this? A Star Trek convention? I'm no Captain Kirk leading a charge here. Although I would have nailed the black chick on the Enterprise.

Socal, I still crack up at some of the garbage we threw at each other. I think some of it got me a brief ban, but it was worth it man!

Now let's drop this crap and get ready for the season!

:clap:

Hawkeye has said it best. Time to move on and enjoy what we have now. This whole fiasco has drained a lot of us. You'd be a liar if you said you were a Packer fan and this didn't take a tole on you. It did way out here in Denver for me and my friends at our lil packer bar downtown (Swanky's kitty corner from coors field.) It is over. Now is the time we unite as packer fans, and press on towards a championship. Is it gonna hurt? At times. Is it gonna be great? Not all the time. Is that team gonne play their guts our for the fans? Of course. As the fans, all we can ask for from our team is that they play 100% week in and week out. If that is happening, which it will, we must support our team. Keep booing to an absolute minimul if it happens at all.

There will come a time to complain about things going on with this team but i trully believe the time is NOT NOW. Unite Packer fans.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Although I would have nailed the black chick on the Enterprise

Good post. Who wouldn't want to nail Nyota Uhura.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Good post. Who wouldn't want to nail Nyota Uhura.

I can honestly say that I have never watched one episode, but I've seen little bits and pieces. Shatner is actually a VERY funny guy. Did you see the SNL skit where he was a guest at a Star Trek convention? He was ripping on all the losers dressed in Spok garb, etc. He was telling them all "It's just a TV show for crissake" , 'Get a life, will ya people?", and he looked at Jon Lovitz and asked, "Look at you, have you ever even kissed a woman?" Funny stuff.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I can honestly say that I have never watched one episode, but I've seen little bits and pieces. Shatner is actually a VERY funny guy. Did you see the SNL skit where he was a guest at a Star Trek convention? He was ripping on all the losers dressed in Spok garb, etc. He was telling them all "It's just a TV show for crissake" , 'Get a life, will ya people?", and he looked at Jon Lovitz and asked, "Look at you, have you ever even kissed a woman?" Funny stuff.

Hahahah. I've only watched a couple episodes of Star Trek, only because it was like 2 in the morning and I was bored watching Fox 11....Shatner is hilarious in Boston Legal, what a great show.

Fade to Black
08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
As a fan of the game I just wish that these people would just have the balls to tell the truth. All this crap about how it wast his fault or my fault is a load of crap. This stuff about Brett being in a bad place and this and that...BS. He wanted to play in GB and if not then he wanted to be released...plain and simple.

Simple question Pack nation, and answer honestly:

Who gives this team the best shot at a Super Bowl this year?

Good luck.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Why is it that fans from other teams constantly come in here and throw this question around like we've never heard it or debated about it?

Who gives the Raiders a better chance to win the Superbowl? I believe Marques Tuiasosopo has more playing experience.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
As a fan of the game I just wish that these people would just have the balls to tell the truth. All this crap about how it wast his fault or my fault is a load of crap. This stuff about Brett being in a bad place and this and that...BS. He wanted to play in GB and if not then he wanted to be released...plain and simple.

Simple question Pack nation, and answer honestly:

Good luck.

I'm going to assume you want us to include Brett into that equation right? No one would tell you Brett didn't give us the best chance to go all the way. Whats done is done though and Brett is not here anymore. It really doesn't even matter anymore why he isn't here, unless your looking for closure like me. I will never get that but what I do know is that Aaron is currently our best shot at going all the way as far as the QB spot is concerned. As far as the "released...plain and simple" part I disagree. It wasn't that simple. He wanted to play for a division rival and being intelligent on at least that front we DENIED him that option as it wasn't in the best interests of the Green Bay Packers.