PDA

View Full Version : Counter Attack? Lito Sheppard?

DieHardColtsfan
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
i was just wondering if pulling the trigger on a Lito Sheppard Trade would make some sense after the Jets Splash?

What you guys think??
What you think it will take?

"Already disgruntled about his contract, cornerback Lito Sheppard had another ax to grind Wednesday after practice, and now the Eagles' cornerback made it clear he wants out. Responding to remarks made Tuesday by team owner Jeffrey Lurie, who cited an obscure statistic to describe an area where Sheppard needed improvement, the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback suggested the team was nitpicking to find fault in him and that he'd be better off playing elsewhere. "I think it'll be a lot better if it was for somebody else," said Sheppard, who's expected to start at left cornerback against Pittsburgh in the preseason opener Friday night at Heinz Field in place of injured Asante Samuel. Sheppard and ..."

marlinsfan24
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Lito for Brady and Moss? lol jk

Lito for what tho?

kazzy4080
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
3rd rounder?

DieHardColtsfan
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
3rd rounder?

i actually think a 3rd rounder could do it, but remember teams like detriot could offer 2nd and teams may shop a reciever.

Crickr
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
i actually think a 3rd rounder could do it, but remember teams like detriot could offer 2nd and teams may shop a reciever.

remember the trade is fine but Lito still has to agree to sign and who wants to play with a preannual looset

kazzy4080
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
and plus the lions would be wicked dumb to go for lito when they should save the pick for the draft.... then again its the lions

Crickr
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
and plus the lions would be wicked dumb to go for lito when they should save the pick for the draft.... then again its the lions

Good point lol

Dirty Dirk41
08-07-2008, 07:34 PM
of course we should TRY to get em...Our secondary is a concern and LITO last time i checked is pretty good..haha...We should atleast talk to the eagles and see if something could get done

futureheisman
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
yeah

tonyd3b54
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
ive wanted the pats to do this all offseason... hobbs is goin to get torched as the #1 cb we need some one good in that secondary... harrison is getting old sanders isnt anything special, we need atleast 1 good cover corner...

griff141
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Lito doesn't just want out of Philly, he wants a new contract. His asking price would be close to what Samuel is now making. Belichick has made it clear that he doesn't see corners as being that valuable to merit such a paycheck. If he had any intention of going after Lito, they would've payed Samuel.

Crickr
08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Lito doesn't just want out of Philly, he wants a new contract. His asking price would be close to what Samuel is now making. Belichick has made it clear that he doesn't see corners as being that valuable to merit such a paycheck. If he had any intention of going after Lito, they would've payed Samuel.

Agreed

y2shoes
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Lito is more of a physical shut down corner so he may take a deal to play with a team that could be contending to win a superbowl for atleast the next two years.

JMDTM
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
hey stop talking crap about the lions!!! We turned there trade down. We didnt want him. We run a Tampa 2 Zone, he doesnt run that. He would work in the Pats D for sure. Yeah get him that would be smart.

patriothuss12
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
It will be extremely foolish of the New England Patriots not to go for Sheppard. There is actually a HOF QB in the division he can torch that patriots secondary.

New England has 2 picks in the second round they can afford to give up one of them.

JetInPhilly
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Lito is injury prone though guys. He's gonna want a new, long-term deal, a lot of money, and he won't play all 16 games. Agreed, when he's healthy he's an animal...but that's when he's healthy. When was the last time he played a full season? Honestly, you're better off getting Ty Law back, converting him to Safety and putting Merriweather at corner.

Patsfan56
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
It will be extremely foolish of the New England Patriots not to go for Sheppard. There is actually a HOF QB in the division he can torch that patriots secondary.

New England has 2 picks in the second round they can afford to give up one of them.

I definitely think we need to pick up some talented depth in our secondary. I read the PFW guys thought we would be fine with the guys we have, but I don't feel quite as confident.

DieHardColtsfan
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM

2 great points!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
2 great points!!!

while i agree that Sheppard would bolster the secondary, lets not forget why he isnt happy in philly.

he wants a long term deal. the Pats can make the deal happen, but do they want to pay the money

DieHardColtsfan
08-10-2008, 09:41 PM
while i agree that Sheppard would bolster the secondary, lets not forget why he isnt happy in philly.

he wants a long term deal. the Pats can make the deal happen, but do they want to pay the money

i understand, i don't like the thought of adding any disgruntled athletes to such a chemistry team, unless you can make them happy (ex. Randy Moss). I agree the Pats wont pay Lito basically due to the Asante situation. But the Secondary does not look great and this is something i don't have to tell you. You guys should atleast entertain the idea! Not too mention you play Favre twice, Manning once, Hasselback, Roethlisberger, Rivers and Bulger this year. A couple of good Q's and offenses.

kazzy4080
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
maybe we treat lito like moss, bring him tell him if he acts like a patriot and plays well they'll give him the long term contract

Lord Byron 34
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I agree that Sheppard would be a definite upgrade at corner, but I don't think it is all that pressing of a concern right now. CBs aren't that important in the pats defense, and players like Randall Gay (started in superbowl as a rookie free agent) and Troy Brown have filled in the past there and done fine. Not to mention Bryant and Wheatley have been quite impressive in camp.

Right now the Offensive line is a much bigger problem. Lets not forget the superbowl. not that every D Line will apply as much pressure as the Giants did, but the line now isn't as good as it was then, and every team will be bringing the house having all watched that game. Even Tom Brady needs a little time to throw the ball.

kbjohnson26
08-11-2008, 07:33 AM
The point is not that Lito is disgruntled....Its that he wants more Money. And the Pats will not pay that type of Cash. They didnt pay it with AS and they won't pay it for Lito.

Plus there will be a few FA Dbacks next year I'm sure the Pats will look at.

WilymoPena
08-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I like the team how it is. Sheppard is a headcase and is injury prone. Let someone else pay him his wheelbarrow of cash not us. Pats will win the East again easily.

nep2008
08-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Corect pats win the east, but someone settle me down, but should we at all be scared of the jets right now???

Crickr
08-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Corect pats win the east, but someone settle me down, but should we at all be scared of the jets right now???

NOT really they still have a long way to go before they can woop the Pats arse

JetInPhilly
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
NOT really they still have a long way to go before they can woop the Pats arse

You are correct my friend. The Jets have a long way to go but at least they're finally moving. Although Favre isn't the long-term solution...the younger guys can study his mechanics and listen when he speaks. Mind you, we ALL know Favre isn't going out of his way to help out the young QB's but at least they'll have a lot of time to watch and talk to him.

1. Let Brett get settled in and familiar with his offense.
2. While that is happening...develope the pass rush because it suk'd last year.
3. Get Jones used to following a fullback that can actually block.
4. Develope the depth that we do have...just in case injuries happen.

Favre may be the talk of the town right now but it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than just him in order to beat the top tier teams...AKA New England, Indy, San Diego, Cleveland, and Jacksonville. The rest of the AFC doesn't scare me that much.

JerseyBrave
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree that Sheppard would be a definite upgrade at corner, but I don't think it is all that pressing of a concern right now. CBs aren't that important in the pats defense, and players like Randall Gay (started in superbowl as a rookie free agent) and Troy Brown have filled in the past there and done fine. Not to mention Bryant and Wheatley have been quite impressive in camp.

Right now the Offensive line is a much bigger problem. Lets not forget the superbowl. not that every D Line will apply as much pressure as the Giants did, but the line now isn't as good as it was then, and every team will be bringing the house having all watched that game. Even Tom Brady needs a little time to throw the ball.

The reason the pats lost that superbowl was b/c the offensive gameplan was horrible, every play was throw it deep. The 2 drives we scored TD on were when the team started doing screen passes maroney and short routes to welker. If the pats stuck with this offensive plan, the giants offense would have never been on the field b/c of the time it took up. But no! the ingnorant O coordinator thought that keep throwing deep it will worked b/c we have brady and moss, but no QB will complete deep routes when he has a split second to throw it. If we kept up with the short game the giants would have been forced to drop people back to cover the middle and sides of the field, but we didn't and we lost.

Crickr
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
You are correct my friend. The Jets have a long way to go but at least they're finally moving. Although Favre isn't the long-term solution...the younger guys can study his mechanics and listen when he speaks. Mind you, we ALL know Favre isn't going out of his way to help out the young QB's but at least they'll have a lot of time to watch and talk to him.

1. Let Brett get settled in and familiar with his offense.
2. While that is happening...develope the pass rush because it suk'd last year.
3. Get Jones used to following a fullback that can actually block.
4. Develope the depth that we do have...just in case injuries happen.

Favre may be the talk of the town right now but it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than just him in order to beat the top tier teams...AKA New England, Indy, San Diego, Cleveland, and Jacksonville. The rest of the AFC doesn't scare me that much.

The Jets automaticaly improve with the likes of Farve however they are at best still a mediocer team that has potential. I think Farve s in this for other reasons ten playing football but we will have t wait and see on that one. Good luck with the season and may the best team ( whomever that is) win..

cocossox
08-31-2008, 11:14 PM
3rd rounder?that would be nice imo

bagwell368
09-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Wheatley is going to not only make everyone forget Bryant. He's going to make everyone forget Samuel.

You guys think you can mastermind BB? Since when have they let anyone walk in FA or in cut downs that was worth a crap? Greg Spires? Give it up.

Shock & Awe....
09-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Lito Sheppard is unhappy with his contract... but he is still playing. This recent bout of unhappiness arose when the owner started to criticize him. If he's willing to play despite his contract status, why not take a risk and send a 3rd or 4th rounder? Promise him an opportunity to win a ring and a chance to renegotiate at the end of the season. If you remember, Moss had 2 years left of his contract when BB traded for him. He took a pay cut and lopped off a year. BB was willing to sacrifice a 4th round pick at the expense of acquiring him and run the risk of him leaving at the end of the season. Why not sacrifice a similar pick at the expense of acquiring Sheppard and run the risk of him holding out? While we're talking about risks BB made.... He gave up a 3rd rounder for a DB named Duane Starks in 2005. If Duane was worth a 3rd... isn't Sheppard?

While I'm not yet ready to crown Wheatley as a player that will "make everyone forget" a top 5 CB, he's had a strong preseason. So, that is encouraging. And let's cut this homer BS nonsense that just because BB releases a player, that player is now "not worth a crap." Adam Vinatari, Damien Woody, Deion Branch, Joe Andruzzi, Ted Washington, Robbie Gould, Terry Glenn, Daniel Graham, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, etc. all went on to have productive years after they left New England. Then, there are players that BB released and then brought back like Larry Centers, Patrick Pass, Tebucky Jones, etc. So, to say that they were released because they weren't worth a crap and then brought back to the team is oxymoronic. There are players that I suspect will have productive seasons to come like David Givens, Asante Samuel and Rudy Gay. I'm not saying BB was wrong for releasing such players... I'm just saying you're ignorant if you think they are no longer productive football players.

bagwell368
09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
While I'm not yet ready to crown Wheatley as a player that will "make everyone forget" a top 5 CB, he's had a strong preseason. So, that is encouraging. And let's cut this homer BS nonsense that just because BB releases a player, that player is now "not worth a crap." Adam Vinatari, Damien Woody, Deion Branch, Joe Andruzzi, Ted Washington, Robbie Gould, Terry Glenn, Daniel Graham, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, etc. all went on to have productive years after they left New England. Then, there are players that BB released and then brought back like Larry Centers, Patrick Pass, Tebucky Jones, etc. So, to say that they were released because they weren't worth a crap and then brought back to the team is oxymoronic. There are players that I suspect will have productive seasons to come like David Givens, Asante Samuel and Rudy Gay. I'm not saying BB was wrong for releasing such players... I'm just saying you're ignorant if you think they are no longer productive football players.

Homer BS? How about price vs. performance? If they are not worth the price compared to someone else, that makes them a crappy player to keep on the 53 man roster - for the Pats. Obviously other teams saw it in other ways - let's review.

Washington hasn't done much since he left, but cost his teams a ton. AV has been a high price bust for the Colts. Branch is being paid like a top 12 WR and playing like a #2/3 on his own team. Milloy was a major bust as were Givens, Patten, and Graham. Nor should we forget Bledsoe. Glenn had some rocky years too. Law did little at a high price as well.

Using Centers and Pass as an example is kind of silly, nobody thought they were good enough to pursue and they are not going to be fitted for busts at Canton. Do they have marginal utility to the Pats? Obviously. They didn't win or lose SB's because of them however.

Obviously these types of guys can play, and obviously if BB listened to people wringing their hands we'd still be paying a lot of guys a lot of dough for less performance then we are getting now from other players. So ergo in the framework of the NFL that makes them lesser players on a cost/performance basis. Hence the word crap.

futureheisman
09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
go with a 3rd and a future 5th should get it done

Shock & Awe....
09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Homer BS? How about price vs. performance? If they are not worth the price compared to someone else, that makes them a crappy player to keep on the 53 man roster - for the Pats. Obviously other teams saw it in other ways - let's review.

Washington hasn't done much since he left, but cost his teams a ton. AV has been a high price bust for the Colts. Branch is being paid like a top 12 WR and playing like a #2/3 on his own team. Milloy was a major bust as were Givens, Patten, and Graham. Nor should we forget Bledsoe. Glenn had some rocky years too. Law did little at a high price as well.

Using Centers and Pass as an example is kind of silly, nobody thought they were good enough to pursue and they are not going to be fitted for busts at Canton. Do they have marginal utility to the Pats? Obviously. They didn't win or lose SB's because of them however.

Obviously these types of guys can play, and obviously if BB listened to people wringing their hands we'd still be paying a lot of guys a lot of dough for less performance then we are getting now from other players. So ergo in the framework of the NFL that makes them lesser players on a cost/performance basis. Hence the word crap.

Bagwell... you and I are going to butt heads at every turn of the road because you don't read what I write. I said that I agreed with BB for making the moves.... but just because he made the move doesn't mean the player is now "crap." I laugh that just because a player isn't going to be "fitted for a bust and canton" that means they are useless. You do realize that of all the players in this BB dynasty... only 5% or so of players will even be considered for the HOF, right? Does that make everyone else that played for the Patriots "crap?"

I disagree with your evaluation of Ted Washington. He was a starter who played all 16 games in the three years following his tenure with the Pats. During those years, he recorded tackle numbers in the 40's and 50's. Just to give you an idea, our beloved Vince Wilfork, a NT in a similar 3-4 scheme, has ranged between 42-54 tackles despite being 15 years younger than Washington. I'm not saying Washington is better, I'm just saying he's worth more than "crap." And at 3.5 mil a year... I don't consider him as "costing his team a ton." It's so rare to find a true 3-4 NT... Wilfork will make double that when he becomes a free agent.

I'm not real sure what your definition of a bust is... but Vinatieri is not it. He's numbers have been rather consistent with his time in New England and he's won another Superbowl since then. And if you remember, part of the reason people were pissed that he left the Patriots was because he didn't leave for more money. He signed a deal very similar to the one BB offered him just to get out of New England and out from underneath that perennial franchise tag. So, how is he overpriced if he's making what BB offered. PS: He's 1.3 mil. Well worth it. I'm not sure how any player that goes and is a productive full-time starter can be considered a bust. Lawyer, Graham and Law all went on to different teams and were quality, full-time starters... how does that make them a bust? And Law had a 10 INT season following his departure and had his second best season in terms of passes deflected last season. How is that considered a bust?

And I bring up example like pass and centers because you claim that because they were released they "aren't worth a crap" but then we resign them. So... they're not worth having but then BB signs them and uses them regularly?

bagwell368
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I disagree with your evaluation of Ted Washington. He was a starter who played all 16 games in the three years following his tenure with the Pats. Yeah and 5 games the following season.
During those years, he recorded tackle numbers in the 40's and 50's. Just to give you an idea, our beloved Vince Wilfork, a NT in a similar 3-4 scheme, has ranged between 42-54 tackles despite being 15 years younger than Washington. I'm not saying Washington is better, I'm just saying he's worth more than "crap." And at 3.5 mil a year... I don't consider him as "costing his team a ton." It's so rare to find a true 3-4 NT... Wilfork will make double that when he becomes a free agent. More like triple, and his career will be better then Washington's as well, he's just coming into his best 5-6 year span now.

I'm not real sure what your definition of a bust is... but Vinatieri is not it. He's numbers have been rather consistent with his time in New England What? His over 40 yard stats for '07 are brutal 2 for 9 - and he kicks more then half his games in a dome.
and he's won another Superbowl since then. And if you remember, part of the reason people were pissed that he left the Patriots was because he didn't leave for more money What? He did leave for more money - a lot more!!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/22/kick_in_the_teeth_for_patriots/

He signed a deal very similar to the one BB offered him just to get out of New England and out from underneath that perennial franchise tag. So, how is he overpriced if he's making what BB offered. PS: He's 1.3 mil. Wrong, factor in the bonus money, not well worth it, a bust or at least NOT worth the money as I maintained all along, go read the Colts blogs, he's very well disliked by his own fans.
Well worth it. I'm not sure how any player that goes and is a productive full-time starter can be considered a bust. If there is no salary cap, I agree, but there is. Milloy and Bledsoe set the Bills back five years.
Lawyer, Graham and Law all went on to different teams and were quality, full-time starters... how does that make them a bust? And Law had a 10 INT season following his departure and had his second best season in terms of passes deflected last season. How is that considered a bust? Because it must be fit into context. The context is a salary cap. Ever play fantasy with salaries? You can't go vary far by signing up a team full of Milloys, Laws, Pattens and Bledsoes.

Given Washington's age and size plus the presence of Wilfork it seemed prudent not to sign him for much more time.

Law's 10 INT season was a mirage. He was losing it, so he was picked at a lot more then in his prime. Given what his contract was he didn't come close to matching it. Just like a bad LF in baseball sometimes gets 15 assists, but it is a mirage.

AV was signed at the time for the highest price ever for a kicker (he's at $2.5M per year) to $465,000 for Gostowski. 8 to 1 ratio - not a good move. The Pats offered AV a lot of money - more then may have been prudent, and the Colts went beserk with a foolish offer, and they have paid for it.

AV is poor at kick offs since then (even before) and has missed a number of crucial kicks - far more then he did on the Pats - even w/ the Dome. Surely you can't hold that as even in importance of being on one SB team - which he was never the main cog for as he was for the Pats at times. That extra $2M may well have allowed them to get Thomas as opposed to a lesser talent. See how it works?

BTW, I noticed you didn't comment on many of the other names I brought forth, let me recap:

Patten, Bledsoe, McGinest, Milloy, Law, Tim Dwight, Tebucky, Woody, Branch, Graham, Givens - all would were paid a lot to leave, and what did they do? They did not perform up to the $$ they were being paid, and to recognize that is not being a homer, but to argue over the wording is High School debate nonsense. OK, let's change the word "crap" to the phrase "not a good value" happy now? Either way this part of the topic has exhausted itself. These guys have proven to be have given less value then they were paid to bring. Show me how many guys they let go that were worth keeping?

BTownTeamsRKing
09-01-2008, 09:45 PM
^^Samuel is next in line.

Shock & Awe....
09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Bagwell, I agree with a lot of what you said. But, I think you're arguing things differently than what you originally said. I agree with you... very few of the players you listed lived up to the money that they were paid... but that doesn't mean they are a "bust" or "worth a piece of crap." Where do I start to respond...

Yes... Washington only played 5 games last year... but how does that discredit his previous 3 years of being a productive, 16 game starter? And I'm surprised someone so in touch with the salary cap would think that Wilfork would sign for 10.5 mil annually (That is triple.) And I'm not sure where you got the impression that I thought Washington's career was better than Wilforks... I guess me saying "I'm not saying Washington is better, I'm just saying he's worth more than crap" was confusing to you. PS: Washington signed with Oakland before the draft occurred... so, the whole '"presence of wilfork" factored into letting him go' point is invalid.

Thanks for the cute website that did nothing more than tell me how much he makes.... Here's a website that tells you that the Patriots and Vinatieri were less than a million dollars apart when he ran to the Colts. He wanted out of here so bad he didn't offer the Patriots a chance to match the offer.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20060806-9999-1s6nflcol.html

And I'm not sure you want to bring Gostkowski into this argument considering BB was so uncomfortable with him kicking a 47 yard FG in the Superbowl that he opted to go for it on 4th and 12 in a game that was ultimately decided by 3 points.

I think I can sum up the rest of what you say by stating this: you're not arguing what we're talking about. If you had stated "BB never signs players to non-cap friendly deals" or "BB is great at evaluating what a player is worth" I would have agreed with you. But... that's not what you said. You said that they were pieces of "crap." I agree with everything else you say... All those players didn't live up to their contracts. But, it doesn't make them a bust or "crap." Chad Jackson is a bust and he was making close to the minimum. So, Yes... I am happy that you changed "crap" to "not a good value signing" because its a completely different argument. One of which, I would agree with you whole heartedly. But saying a player has "no value" and a player is "over-paid" are completely different arguments. If we paid Tom Brady 30 mil a year, does he become a bust or "crap"? No way... he's just overpaid (because no player can live up to a contract of that magnitude.) Now give that contract to a player that never contributes... and now you have a "bust." Had you stated in your original post "Show me how many guys they let go that were worth keeping?" I would have said "None... good point."

And the reason I never commented on all those other players you brought up was because I never tried to make an argument for most of them. Patten, Bledsoe, McGinest, Dwight, etc... I never suggested weren't "crap." We could have another great debate about why they are or aren't... but as you stated... we're exhausting this.

In conclusion, I don't understand what made you think that I ever wanted any of these players to stay with the Patriots. I was clear in my original post that I agreed with BB in all of his roster moves. I just don't think it's accurate for you and go and label quality football players as "crap" just because some other team overpaid them. If they were crap... they'd be out of the league.

bagwell368
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Bagwell, I agree with a lot of what you said. But, I think you're arguing things differently than what you originally said. I agree with you... very few of the players you listed lived up to the money that they were paid... but that doesn't mean they are a "bust" or "worth a piece of crap."

OK, fair enough.

Yes... Washington only played 5 games last year... but how does that discredit his previous 3 years of being a productive, 16 game starter? And I'm surprised someone so in touch with the salary cap would think that Wilfork would sign for 10.5 mil annually (That is triple.)

Well, he is the best option for any team in the NFL looking for a NT. BB and staff made him into what he is, they don't want to lose that. He is more important to the Pats at contract time then Seymour (both due after '09). Seymour will either be dealt, franchised (he has one more year available although he said he wouldn't accept another one last time, and of course cut). Seymour if healthy will be worth 8-9.5M. I see Wilfork who is I believe almost two years younger getting 8.5-10M per year on the open market. They cannot afford both, not with these other guys coming due at the same time: Vrabel, Faulk, Neal, Green, Mankins, Watson, Hobbs, Kaczur, Thomas, Gostowski, O'Callaghan - the need to grab a TE and LT, and the contracts after this year (Hochstein, Sanders, Cassel), and '10 (Brady, Light, Morris, Maroney) looming.

And I'm not sure you want to bring Gostkowski into this argument considering BB was so uncomfortable with him kicking a 47 yard FG in the Superbowl that he opted to go for it on 4th and 12 in a game that was ultimately decided by 3 points.

It's a matter of record that AV has missed more game winning kicks then SG since they took up at their new addresses. It's also a matter of record that factoring in signing bonuses the pro rated amount of the contracts are worlds apart. Certainly the difference in the quality of the kickers does not reflect the respective salaries - so far. A 2 for 9 at 40 and over last year should give any AV or Colt fan reason to pause. Also kicking the ball about 15 yards shorter then SG on kickoffs is a ding against AV. Would I rather have AV then SG? Sure, but at what cost? I'm glad the Colts overpaid for him. I'm glad he kicked here and will go to the HoF someday. He wasn't worth it for the Colts, and he still has more to go on this contract. Go to the Colts blogs (the Indy papers - he's very much despised there). Maybe we should take their word for it?

ERLynx
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I thought this was a Lito Sheppherd thread.

I'd do it for a 2nd rounder. I dont think Philly will though. Just speculating.

JerseyBrave
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Everyone keeps talking about lito wants a big time deal, but as of right now he is their nickel back and very unhappy, I think he would be happy to play with his current contract if he was traded to a team were he would start. then let him prove he is worth more money.

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Everyone keeps talking about lito wants a big time deal, but as of right now he is their nickel back and very unhappy, I think he would be happy to play with his current contract if he was traded to a team were he would start. then let him prove he is worth more money.

That's exactly what I think... just stated better

Sportfan
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
remember the trade is fine but Lito still has to agree to sign and who wants to play with a preannual looset

lito would be a perfect fit. he'd have a starting job and a super bowl team. unless NE gives him low money (like they do to all cornerbacks) i think he would be happy

Kcfanbaby212*
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Lito is a good CB, but i wouldnt give anything more than a 3rd...hes only been healthy for 1 full season his WHOLE career...

Crickr
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
lito would be a perfect fit. he'd have a starting job and a super bowl team. unless NE gives him low money (like they do to all cornerbacks) i think he would be happy

you took this quote out of context. I replied to a person about Lito not wanting to go to a team like Detroit a preannual looser even for the payday.