PDA

View Full Version : Arenas: Rockets have to control Artest

Sports Illustrator
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
The Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas blogs for NBA.com. He recently wrote about new Rocket Ron Artest, among others. Here's a portion of the blog: He forced the trade. He wanted out of there and they delivered. I think it's a good trade for Houston. Someone is going to have to control him in the locker room, but other than that, he plays hard and he plays to win, so I think that was a good move to pick him up.

From Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage)

HouRealCoach
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
He knows nothing about other players and people hate Houston and want Artest to blow this team up

Jay22Redd
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
But That Wont Happen

mightybosstone
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't really think he said anything shocking. Knowing Arenas... this is pretty tame for him. Most of us were thinking this already.

Driven
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
He knows nothing about other players and people hate Houston and want Artest to blow this team up
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :rolleyes:

Arenas didn't say anything negative so let's complain about it and say something without any thought!

pippsux
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I believe the wiz play the rockets on nov 12, I plan to be there. Seriously, non story.

t-mac1nukka
08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
could of been a lot worse...maybe hes scared of artest...:)

goku
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
true:ohno:

alexander_37
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
yes someone needs to control him says gilbert arenas the most unpredictable guy to ever walk this planet

lol hes still a funny guy though and thats why hes one of my favs.

RocketPowered
08-08-2008, 01:01 AM
well gilly will say whatever he says... artest though will hear of this and lock his *** down.....

DreamShaker
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
He's completely right....that's why they aren't trading Battier....because Yao and T-Mac are too sissified to control Artest....Battier seems to be a guy who can calm him down some....Battier has more leadership qualities than anyone else on the team....

fredv
08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah I'm also starting to think more and more that Battier is the real wiseman of this team. Anyways, I don't think Artest will create problems. He is hear to win and feels he's in a situation where it's possible. I doubt he is going to blow it.

Rhyming Rebel
08-10-2008, 01:12 AM
He's completely right....that's why they aren't trading Battier....because Yao and T-Mac are too sissified to control Artest....Battier seems to be a guy who can calm him down some....Battier has more leadership qualities than anyone else on the team....

You hit the nail on the head. there is no other way to put it

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 01:38 AM

Ron Artest kinda sorta look up to Rafer. They grew up together and Ron did what Rafer said.

t-mac1nukka
08-10-2008, 01:41 AM
childhood friends...i didnt know that.

{}
08-10-2008, 03:58 AM

Battier is the perfect teammate but I don't see him as a vocal leader off the court. Picture a scene of Artest losing his temper in the locker room after a game with some lame brain reporter, for ex. Fran Dingleberry (or whatever douches name is). Maybe it's just me, but I'd could see Battier with a nervous smile uttering some obscure Star Trek reference before sneaking out of the room. Tmac would turn up the volume on his head phones and ignore everything. Yao might stand up and say something if it got out of hand, but it probably wouldn't escalate that far, so he wouldn't do anything. IMO, it'll be Alston who will have to step up and make sure Artest is kept on a tight leash. :eyebrow:

t-mac1nukka
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
hahahahaha ya i could see battier being very passive.

jdillion
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
its a contract year artest is gonna be fine

Brun"DMC"
08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Gilbert should try having a injury free season before commenting on Ron Artest.

Catfish1314
08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys shouldn't have any problem controlling Artest at least for this season. If Gilbert Arenas and his cocky, brainless, know-it-all *** knew anything about logic, he'd realize Artest will be 29 soon. He's not just playing to win, but he's playing for a contract. He's in his prime and can earn big money this summer with his play. He should know that so naturally, I'm sure he'll do his best not to mess it up.