PDA

View Full Version : Bosh vs. Calderon - who will you be cheering for?

khanraymond
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Just curious which team you'll be cheering for - when USA meets Spain in the Olympics.

Durant is hype
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Team USA,but I hope both have great games.

RapsFan4Life
08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
team usa, not only is bosh amazing but so is d wade and bron bron and dwight and paul .. oh yeah and i hope kobe breaks his leg ... but jose is still wicked cant wait to see the game i hope jose crosses out J kidd .. oh and kobe is a ******

Master P
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
calderon. because spain is the underdog in that fight. the two teams match up tough for the raptor players.

bosh's will likely see time against gasol. in that match-up id be watching bosh's defensive intensity given that he wont see the ball much on offense (byrant, james, wade, mello).

the calderon will match up against paul and d. will. needless to say this is a tough match-up, especially given the talent surround the american pg's. however, who here wouldn't be excited if calderon hold's his own or even out performs these two?

maxgraham
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
hey now no hoping someone gets injured!

Goon.Weezy
08-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Spainnnnnnnnnnnnnn Babyyyyyy

loudif31
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
As much as I'd like Bosh to have a great Olympics personally, I'm cheering for Jose because Spain is the underdog, and although this particular US squad seems to be a little more cohesive, I'm generally not a huge fan of USA b-ball, haven't been since the original Dream Team. I enjoy watching European teams beat the US by becoming greater than the sum of their parts. This is why I like the current Raptors squad incidentally, because I think the potential is there for success in a similar team concept.

ink
08-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Spain. Underdog. Love the team.

But I'm ok with USA too. They're a great team.

Kontent
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Both! I love games where you are happy with either team winning. I just hope it's a close one!

blujaysrock
08-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Spain,

ink
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Both! I love games where you are happy with either team winning. I just hope it's a close one!

Fence sitter! :p

(p.s. I agree)

pebloemer
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Should add Ukic and Croatia to the poll. I am more excited to see Ukic as I haven't had the opportunity before.

AgentViet
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Spain, I'm a huge homer fan of Calderon.

Tom Stone
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
There is no way I can cheer for USA.....I can't help it.... With guys like lebron...makeing claims like were gonna win it all , I gaurantee it......It's fun to cheer aganist lebron and the allstars....and Im a huge fan of Jose Calderon.

_Sn1P3r_
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
USA but Spain will give them some trouble.

star
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
spain ... i hope they blow them out

mjt20mik
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Jose. USA is too cocky!

Bob_at_york
08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I would root for the underdogs.

Beach Rock
08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Jose! I hope Bosh plays though...he should with the lack of size of the U.S. but I think he'll be sitting for the small (aka marketable) lineup.

GCOOKIE7
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
i'm Canadian ****** team USA
JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SAVAGE CLAW
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, Theres no doubt who im with.

But it really surprises me that there are still some votes for the Shouthern Neighbour.... You know? i see no respect on the boards for Canada or Canadians, and Espn is always putting Toronto and their players down.

Not to remeber that in South Park they assume you have big round heads cut by the middle!!!!! .

Dragan
08-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Spain. I dont like the US, and specially in international basketball .

North Yorker
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Spain because Jose is awesome and so that all the Americans will finally realize that they are not the best basketball team anymore. Meanwhile us Canadians will ALWAYS be the best at hockey knock on wood

AFlagRules
08-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Caldy of course. It helps that I'm Spanish as well :-/

Honest Truth
08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing either win, however I lean towards Spain simply because of the abundance of pro-Americanism around. It can be too much at times.

Raptors27
08-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Im gonna have to go with USA.

jdot22
08-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I've been following Team USA ... and they are fun to watch ... but to me ... their confidence seems a bit more 'cocky' ... Lebron in TIME Magazine guaranteeing GOLD! Its hard not to love the underdog in Spain ...

I hope Jose Calderon outperforms Dwill and CP3 .... Is it me or dont you feel like the resigning of Calderon this offseason didn't seem so significant to the people in the States ... well ... I hope after these Olympics ... they begin to understand....

Buying a Calderon jersey in the new colours when they come out!!!

AntwanN21
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Spain lol

but jw does Calderon Start for spain?
What does their lineup look like!

Im really excited to see Ukic play for croatia a well!

kvrnm
08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
u guys dont deserve an nba team in your country! basketball is a game the US gave to the world , and you guys were lucky enough to get a team. u should be ashamed saying your going for spain!

Fion
08-09-2008, 02:42 AM
usa and bosh.

Honest Truth
08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
u guys dont deserve an nba team in your country! basketball is a game the US gave to the world , and you guys were lucky enough to get a team. u should be ashamed saying your going for spain!

Why should our loyalties lie with the US? Your statement is flawed and perplexing. Our loyalties should lie with whomever we wish. Personally I would cheer for Italy over Canada if that was a possibility. Does that mean I am wrong? No. The simple fact is no one should tell anyone else who they should cheer for. Isn't that what freedom is all about? In fact, I now am a diehard Spain fan! Thank you for that.

Btw, I believe Naismith was Canadian not american. So your statement about US giving basketball to the world...yeah, it is flawed as well.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll be routing for Caulderon. Jose is one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA. After Spain beats team USA, I'm pretty sure, the American media will change their view towards him.

P.S. is any season ticket holders selling their October 31st tickets? Let me know.

Ramon Nivar
08-09-2008, 12:27 PM

People like you are a big reason most of the world hates America. :pity:

I'll be going for Bosh and Team USA for obvious reasons...

ink
08-09-2008, 02:12 PM

No comment.

loudif31
08-11-2008, 01:19 AM
u guys dont deserve an nba team in your country! basketball is a game the US gave to the world , and you guys were lucky enough to get a team.

Basketball was invented by a Canadian dude. Do the research. :clap:

brebre82
08-11-2008, 05:24 PM

LOL are you six that you think you can appoint yourself judge of the world? It was in McGill University, CANADA where basketball was born, too. :silly:

Anyways, Spain, because I think Jose has a bigger role on his national team than Bosh does on his. Correct me if I'm wrong.

_Sn1P3r_
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I'll be routing for Caulderon. Jose is one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA. After Spain beats team USA, I'm pretty sure, the American media will change their view towards him.

P.S. is any season ticket holders selling their October 31st tickets? Let me know.

If Calderon plays a big part in the win, then yes.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
See? That is how Usa "respects" Canada.

Kianwe
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM

I printed this out so I could wipe my bum with it, but I thought better of it - any papercuts there would suck...

dirtybird
08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't pick front-runners to cheer for, so this one is easy. It's got to be Spain for me.

Musical Tempo
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Bosh obviously, 2nd favorite player on Raps now after JO. USA and Canada relations are a lot stronger then Spain, and Canada.

I would love to see a Spain vs USA finals for the gold. (wish of the 2008 Olympics)

Musical Tempo
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM

LOL this killed me...
#1 The inventor of basketball was Canadian buddy.
#2 US isn't the best basketball country in the world with the most international championships, I do believe its the Former Republic of Yugoslavia.
#3 The Toronto Raptor's are one of the biggest sports franchises in the NBA, bring in great revenue for the city and the NBA.

kvrnm
08-16-2008, 12:13 PM
u canucks are in denial cus u suck at basketball, hope you enjoyed the assswhoopin we put on spain, since you all seem to get hard over jose calderon i bet this was a big dissapointment

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
u canucks are in denial cus u suck at basketball, hope you enjoyed the assswhoopin we put on spain, since you all seem to get hard over jose calderon i bet this was a big dissapointment

I was trying to think of a way I can respond without stooping down to your level, but I couldn't...you are a turd!

It actually amazes me how you somehow linked Canada with Spain and took the beating your team gave to Spain and used it to try to antagonize Canadians. There is a huge distance between the two very different countries yet you seem to think of them as one simply because a Spaniard, who is popular here plays for a Toronto team. Wow, you are the epitomy of everything I hate about Americans. You give all of your fellow countrymen a bad name. Let me simplify it and dumb it down in words you would actually understand. "You no smart at all". (single-syllable words should be comprehendable to you)

kvrnm
08-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I was trying to think of a way I can respond without stooping down to your level, but I couldn't...you are a turd!

or is it that u have no response cus u no everthing i have said is correct? i mean after all, canadians do suck at basketball, and you all get hard over jose calderon, both valid points.

kvrnm
08-16-2008, 12:45 PM

It actually amazes me how you somehow linked Canada with Spain and took the beating your team gave to Spain and used it to try to antagonize Canadians. There is a huge distance between the two very different countries yet you seem to think of them as one simply because a Spaniard, who is popular here plays for a Toronto team. Wow, you are the epitomy of everything I hate about Americans. You give all of your fellow countrymen a bad name. Let me simplify it and dumb it down in words you would actually understand. "You no smart at all". (single-syllable words should be comprehendable to you)

let me simplify it for you, about 75-80% of the raps fans in this forum are rooting for spain, why? there best player plays for the USA,chris bosh, yet they all are jeolous of the US and in turn cheer for spain.

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 12:46 PM
or is it that u have no response cus u no everthing i have said is correct? i mean after all, canadians do suck at basketball, and you all get hard over jose calderon, both valid points.

No, on the contrary. Your completely unfounded argument lacks any logic to respond to. I wish you had read my edit prior to posting. I regret making a personal attack on you as opposed to countering your 'argument' however you are clearly on here simply to antagonize Canadians. If that is your game, I would rather not have any part of it. Good luck to you and I look forward to the day when the US loses and you will have to swallow your pride. (I was actually cheering for the US as one of the teams to win the gold but sadly you have soured it for me)

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
let me simplify it for you, about 75-80% of the raps fans in this forum are rooting for spain, why? there best player plays for the USA,chris bosh, yet they all are jeolous of the US and in turn cheer for spain.

I do not understand where 'jealous' comes from. Both our nations are built upon freedom of choice. Canada is not another state, it is an autonomous country. Everyone here has a right to choose a favorite nation. Canada was not able to qualify, so how does it make sense that the alleged 75-80% as you say HAVE to choose US to follow? There are plenty of teams in the tournament to follow, why does the US have to be the one we cheer for? It makes no sense.

kvrnm
08-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I do not understand where 'jealous' comes from. Both our nations are built upon freedom of choice. Canada is not another state, it is an autonomous country. Everyone here has a right to choose a favorite nation. Canada was not able to qualify, so how does it make sense that the alleged 75-80% as you say HAVE to choose US to follow? There are plenty of teams in the tournament to follow, why does the US have to be the one we cheer for? It makes no sense.

i feel its pretty pathetic, cus i no if canada were in the olympics i would cheer for them, cus i hate the way euros play, but go and read prior posts, pretty much everyone on here is not cheering for the US against spain.

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
i feel its pretty pathetic, cus i no if canada were in the olympics i would cheer for them, cus i hate the way euros play, but go and read prior posts, pretty much everyone on here is not cheering for the US against spain.

That's fine, and while I am sure many Canadians would appreciate you cheering for our nation (I can't see Canada being in a major Basketball tournament without the US being there) it is not something that is expected of you nor demanded. This is why we have a problem with you attacking us and saying we are jealous. You also need to remember that Canada is extrmely multicultural. We tend to have loyalties towards our parent's nations. Myself for example, am more Italian than Canadian (something I often get castrized for here). That may explain why some may have chosen to cheer for Spain. Basically my point is that you shouldn't make outlandish claims such as jealousy and the like, simply because you are upset we didn't side with your team.

Dirty Dirk41
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
That's fine, and while I am sure many Canadians would appreciate you cheering for our nation (I can't see Canada being in a major Basketball tournament without the US being there) it is not something that is expected of you nor demanded. This is why we have a problem with you attacking us and saying we are jealous. You also need to remember that Canada is extrmely multicultural. We tend to have loyalties towards our parent's nations. Myself for example, am more Italian than Canadian (something I often get castrized for here). That may explain why some may have chosen to cheer for Spain. Basically my point is that you shouldn't make outlandish claims such as jealousy and the like, simply because you are upset we didn't side with your team.

Whats that all Aboot????

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Whats that all Aboot????

Just being a hockey hoser eh, or whatever it is we are supposed to say.

Dol-Fan
08-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Whats that all Aboot????

sadly, i can't even begin to spell out the way people from Boston pronounce a simple A-R sound. And the accent you're aiming at is a Newfoundland accent, not a typical Canadian.

oh I got it... i'm ganna go to the bah and heave a cigah and watch the bastan read sax.

this is precisely the reason i stopped posting on this board: I cannot stand the ignorance.

ps. was rooting for team USA.

Bob_at_york
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
hope you enjoyed the assswhoopin we put on spain,
I know he is banned but I wanted to respond to this. The game today is why I would root for Spain if i had to choose out of the two teams. I don't want to see boring games. After the first quarter the game was boring. There was no suspense or anything. USA just ran away with it. So I am rooting for teams like Spain and Argentina because I think they are the only teams that can give us an interesting game against the US.

nads83
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
US players embody the US ego and swagger that, to me, comes off as disrespectful. lets be honest, they think they will win, they think every game SHOULD be a blowout. id like someone to prove them wrong.

sidenote...garbajosa looks terrible, jose not playing well but not too worried, gasol is super soft, and rubio turns the ball over too much. for spain to win, jose has to create for everyone. he was terrible yesterday

DryLopi
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Chris Bosh. No doubt. I watched him against Greece, he played well (18 pts) and has shown improvement in his defence and strength. He should be starting over Dwight Howard. His game fits perfectly with the European style.
But idc USA will win gold, but it would be awesome if Team Spain could Win gold over the Usa.