PDA

View Full Version : This years Jets remind me of last years Packers

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
They are very similar in the way people viewed them. People are now overreacting b/c they just got Favre but last year the Packers were seen as a 7 to 8 win team at best from most experts. The problem was people weren't breaking down the talent of the team when you did that with the Pack you saw they were going to win the division when you do that with the Jets this year you see a playoff team.

I think the way the Packers play this year may say more about Favre's importance than how good Rodgers is. If the Packers underachieve it really shows how important he was to the team. You have to think that the WRs here in GB may have been made better than they truly are by Brett. Favre maid the offensive weapons better.

salsa
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
i dont fully agree

the jets won 4 games last year...so just by a 38 year old man who hasnt done that much this summer to get ready for the season shouldnt add 7 more wins or even 6.

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
i dont fully agree

the jets won 4 games last year...so just by a 38 year old man who hasnt done that much this summer to get ready for the season shouldnt add 7 more wins or even 6.

they also signed a butt load of free agents.

SamG187
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I think he might add 6 more wins for em cuz you have to think, Clemens looks like he might be good in the future but last year chad and kellen looked like bums last year...Looks for Coles to have a HUGE year and maybe even lead the league with 20+ yard receptions something that couldnt happen with limp arm pennington

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Plus the Jets may have the easiest schedule in the NFL.

jetsfan28
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
i dont fully agree

It's not just a 38 year old man. It's a 38 year old man (who replaces one of the 5 worst QB's in football last year) + Faneca + Woody (both HUGE O-line upgrades, help passing game and running game) + Jenkins (gives the Jets a real NT, which they didn't have) + Gholston + Pace (replace a huge weakness at OLB last year) + Keller (gives the Jets the offensive weapon they were lacking)

It's not like Brett is the only guy they got

Plus the Jets may have the easiest schedule in the NFL.

The Pats have an easier one (they play the Jets instead of the Pats)

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't believe for a second that Brett Favre 'made our WR's better than they are'. It takes two to tango, just like in Indianapolis, stupid fans like to bicker about if Peyton Manning is a 'creation' thanks to his offensive targets, and the opposite, etc, etc.

Brett Favre put the ball in the place for our WR's to catch it in stride and get yards after the catch, again, it takes two to tango, Favre had to put the ball in the right spot, and our WR's had to have enough skill and instincts to get yards after the catch. As long as we have a solid QB who can put the ball in the right spots, our skilled WR's will be fine.

JimtheSkinsFan
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Too funny. I'd wait 'till October to get that glimmer in my eye, if I was from Lon gIsland. Better yet, go ahead and dream. By October, Favre may look more like Unitas when he went to San Diego. (Yep, I was around to watch that game.) On a serious note, Favre has overcome a lot of tragedy in his personal life. He doesn't deserve the torture he's about to endure. "Favre, Savior of the Jets" - ROFL.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Favre needs a #1 guy in NY and right now he doesn't have that. He will do fine.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I think the Jets are going to be a very good football team this year. I thought that the Jets would be a 7-8 win team without Favre. They picked up a lot of FA's this offseason and were much better then a 4 win team last year. I don't think they will be good enough to win the division but i think they will win 11 games or so