PDA

View Full Version : Avoid the Jets board - you'll puke

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
I went over there to lurk around a bit and they are so damn happy, it makes me sick. Avoid it at all cost my friends. As sad as the majority of us are, there are 99% Jets fans that are ecstatic - who can blame them. Trust me, after reading how happy they are to finally have a stud QB, you too will feel an even bigger knot in your gut.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
They should be happy as hell. They get OUR QB and he's a huge upgrade over the often injured Pennington. It's funny some of the new Jets fans they will have. My god I never actually thought people were like that. Oh Brett is a Jet so I am now too. Yack all in their face! I will be here until the end of time supporting this great franchise regardless of what QB is on the field. I've been through some rough times with my beloved Packers and I honestly donít feel were heading for those times anytime soon. This team will be fine.

GO PACK GO!

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Like u said in another thread, it's Christmas in August for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ron Wolf said when he was with the Jets, he somehow was trying to get Favre there, but Atlanta picked him up b4 they were able to? If true, funny how that turn out.

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
If you don't believe how ridculous this situation is and why the Jets are so happy... the jets where 4-12 the packers 13-3 an NFC championship game last year.

Ask yourself like they've had on ESPN who is better now the Jets or the Packers? I still think the Packers are with there defense but Until 12 o'clock last night it was a no brainer now its up for debate.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ron Wolf said when he was with the Jets, he somehow was trying to get Favre there, but Atlanta picked him up b4 they were able to? If true, funny how that turn out.

Yeah the Jets had planned on picking Brett and the Falcons swooped him up right in front of them.

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
We still don't know how Brett Favre will do in New York. He has the offensive line, weapons, and a defense, but he will need to quickly assimilate to something completely new. For all we know he could have a medicore season. Who knows.

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah the Jets had planned on picking Brett and the Falcons swooped him up right in front of them.

They have him now :cry:

ugottabjoshinme
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Favre was top player on Jets board, they did not have 1st round pick (used in supplemental draft). ATL picked Favre the pick before the Jets picked in round 2.

Bfavreforever
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
If you don't believe how ridculous this situation is and why the Jets are so happy... the jets where 4-12 the packers 13-3 an NFC championship game last year.

Ask yourself like they've had on ESPN who is better now the Jets or the Packers? I still think the Packers are with there defense but Until 12 o'clock last night it was a no brainer now its up for debate.

You can't seriously think the jets are better than the Pack even with Brett. Yes its sad to see Brett go, but I don't think we have chopped liver here in GB. We have a hell of a team here and for anybody that can't see that obvoiusly dont know. Yes Brett is great and he can count for atleast 3 wins extra, but he is one guy, and the last time I checked Football is a team sport. We all love Brett and its hard to let go, but just like Aaron said get on the wagon now or shut up. Its final we moved on, and I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm a Packers fan and thats final. Don't get me wrong I'll keep an eye on OUR QB in NY (Yes I said OUR QB). Bottom line Brett was a Packer, still is a Packer, and always wil be a Packer. the best we can do now is wish Brett luck and follow OUR Pack.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
You can't seriously think the jets are better than the Pack even with Brett. Yes its sad to see Brett go, but I don't think we have chopped liver here in GB. We have a hell of a team here and for anybody that can't see that obvoiusly dont know. Yes Brett is great and he can count for atleast 3 wins extra, but he is one guy, and the last time I checked Football is a team sport. We all love Brett and its hard to let go, but just like Aaron said get on the wagon now or shut up. Its final we moved on, and I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm a Packers fan and thats final. Don't get me wrong I'll keep an eye on OUR QB in NY (Yes I said OUR QB). Bottom line Brett was a Packer, still is a Packer, and always wil be a Packer. the best we can do now is wish Brett luck and follow OUR Pack.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Did u even read my post? I said i think the Packers are better but the fact that espn can even debate the topic an people giving it thought is ridculous considering the Jets record last year to the Packers

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know which teams better, but the Jets were probably one of the best 4-12 teams i've seen, they really stepped it up defensively in the second half of the year. They've got Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, behind a more sturdy line with Alan Faneca and Damien Woody, they have Laveranues Coles & Jerricho Cotchery, and Brad Smith behind them. They have a good group of TE's in Chris Baker, Bubba Franks and Dustin Keller....They have Kris Jenkins at NT, they have David Harris, Calvin Pace and Vernon Gholston at LB, they have a very good duo in the secondary with Kerry Rhodes and Darrell Revis. The Jets will be tough this year.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
the jets are the cardinals

they look great on paper about every year, and yet they still falter all of the time....yes brett does make the jets better, but lets not get carried away....in order for brett to get the kind of season that he wants then the jets would have to beat the patriots at least once, if not twice (thats not gonna happen) and/or they would have to have the best record when compared to the colts, steelers, and chargers

yes it sucks that we lose brett to the jets, but after the jets go 9-7 and miss the playoffs brett is not going to enjoy it long enough to stick around to make any REAL impact

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
the jets are the cardinals. They look great on paper about every year.

How have the Cardinals looked good on paper? They've been awful on paper, going back years. Anyone who has thought the Cardinals would be a turnaround team the last 3-4 years is a fool considering how they have very little on the offensive and defensive lines.

At least the Jets went about it the better way, going after offensive line depth, picking up a mountain at NT, and TE and passrushers.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
How have the Cardinals looked good on paper? They've been awful on paper, going back years. Anyone who has thought the Cardinals would be a turnaround team the last 3-4 years is a fool considering how they have very little on the offensive and defensive lines.

At least the Jets went about it the better way, going after offensive line depth, picking up a mountain at NT, and TE and passrushers.

watch ANY analyst talk about the upcoming season....they always say "the cardinals are gonna be a dark horse team this year, they really look good"

newdude
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM

they look great on paper about every year, and yet they still falter all of the time....yes brett does make the jets better, but lets not get carried away....in order for brett to get the kind of season that he wants then the jets would have to beat the patriots at least once, if not twice (thats not gonna happen) and/or they would have to have the best record when compared to the colts, steelers, and chargers

yes it sucks that we lose brett to the jets, but after the jets go 9-7 and miss the playoffs brett is not going to enjoy it long enough to stick around to make any REAL impact

What r u talking about comparing the Cards and Jets? For the past few years, the Jets have done bad then the next year they did very well, it's been like that.

Look at last year's sched for them:

09/09/07 NE 14-38 11/11/07 BYE
09/16/07 BAL 13-20 11/18/07 PIT 19-16
09/23/07 MIA 31-28 11/22/07 DAL 3-34
09/30/07 BUF 14-17 12/02/07 MIA 40-13
10/07/07 NYG 24-35 12/09/07 CLE 18-24
10/14/07 PHI 9-16 12/16/07 NE 10-20
10/21/07 CIN 31-38 12/23/07 TEN 6-10
10/28/07 BUF 3-13 12/30/07 KC 13-10
11/04/07 WAS 20-23

Do u see a trend? Like Brew said, they stepped up defensively the 2nd half of the season. They seemed to have improved by the offseason.

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
watch ANY analyst talk about the upcoming season....they always say "the cardinals are gonna be a dark horse team this year, they really look good"

I don't know how anyone that follows football could say that. I do remember people saying that, but it was just so mindless I ignored it.

cwilson21
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Jets fans think they are going to have the best offense in football now. Just thought I'd put that because I love humor.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Jets fans think they are going to have the best offense in football now. Just thought I'd put that because I love humor.

Their offense just got a helluva lot better - better than ours is.

newdude
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM

No offense, but every team have their "OMGZ WEZ DA BESTEST TEAM" moment. Even alot of Vikings fans r optimistic about this season, some even believe they r SB bound, so can't hate now huh?

cwilson21
08-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I believe the Vikings have a good chance of making the playoffs. Super Bowl? Probably not but we did make some pretty damn good acquisitions to our team (yes Berrian was huge considering who we had at WR before).

cwilson21
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
There offense just got a helluva lot better - better than ours is.

I'd still take the Pack offense over the Jets considering you have kept together most of your pieces from last season and the Jets have pretty much a new team that will take awhile to gel and play well together.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd still take the Pack offense over the Jets considering you have kept together most of your pieces from last season and the Jets have pretty much a new team that will take awhile to gel and play well together.

Our recievers are better for sure. We'll just have to see how well they perform with Rodgers. Their offensive line is leaps and bounds better and I would say that Grant is a wash in comparison to Jones due to their superior line.

cardinals45
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
perfect scenario-favre plays all 16 games, jets vs packers SB, packers win, get the jets 1st rounder.

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
perfect scenario-favre plays all 16 games, jets vs packers SB, packers win, get the jets 1st rounder.

If that happens then TT is a genious, since its very clear he is an idiot this will not happen.

newdude
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I believe the Vikings have a good chance of making the playoffs. Super Bowl? Probably not but we did make some pretty damn good acquisitions to our team (yes Berrian was huge considering who we had at WR before).

That was my point. Some fans, like urself, r realistically optimistic, but some other fans take it a step further.

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM

they have a very good one, they brought in faneca, favre will be throwing to cotchery and coles, and thomas jones will be running the ball

there isnt much wronf with that

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I dont' know what to make of either the Jets or Packers upcoming seasons. I think the Packers biggest concern isn't how Rodgers plays its if he plays. He has proven to be injury prone. He missed the end of both seasons he played at all in by getting injuries in less than one half of a game.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
What bugs me the most probably about how the Jets fans have handled this is the way they think they are going to the SB now. I still think they are lucky if they make the playoffs.

I would've rather seen Favre go to TB because I know he would've done a lot better there but at the same time I'm just glad this whole thing is over with. I'm looking forward to week 1.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM

they look great on paper about every year, and yet they still falter all of the time....

I think comparing them to the Arizona Cardinals is a bad one because these 2 teams are nothing alike IMO. In recent years the Jets have had plenty of good seasons and have made the playoffs while the Cardinals have not. The Jets are a much better team with Favre. I doubt they will unseat the Pats in there division but i'm still thinking 10-11 wins. If they get to the playoffs you never know what could happen

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
my bottom line opinion on the jets with brett....

they are not gonna win the division

i dont think they will go to the playoffs...if they do i will be surprised, but not blown away

if they go to the playoffs there is no way that they are gonna get past the second round, much less the championship game

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 05:48 PM
They should be happy as hell. They get OUR QB and he's a huge upgrade over the often injured Pennington. It's funny some of the new Jets fans they will have. My god I never actually thought people were like that. Oh Brett is a Jet so I am now too. Yack all in their face! I will be here until the end of time supporting this great franchise regardless of what QB is on the field. I've been through some rough times with my beloved Packers and I honestly donít feel were heading for those times anytime soon. This team will be fine.

GO PACK GO!

I was kind of shocked as well when some "Packer fans" switched sides and are saying they are Jets now and just started bashing our team like nothing but that jusat means they weren't packers and to hell with them because I know I will still be saying GO PACK GO!

jetsfan28
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

The Jets looked terrible on paper 2 years ago and made the playoffs. They looked bad on paper last year too when they missed the playoffs. 4 years ago, they went to overtime in a game where, if Doug Brien didn't miss two field goals, they would've been in the AFC Championship game. What the hell are you talking about?

darwin31
08-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Breaking News: Jets camp reports that Kellen Clemens just recieved a text message from Aaron Rodgers informing Clemens that it is not his job to groom Brett Favre!

newdude
08-07-2008, 07:53 PM
HUH? If ur referring to Favre saying he won't groom Rodgers, then that's a bad joke dude. Yes, Favre probably wasn't the best teacher,he's a football player, but he probably did help Rodgers and gave him pointers.