PDA

View Full Version : Let's see who the real Packer fans are

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Lets see how many packers fans stick around here. Obvouisly, Im a huge Favre fan, but I am a Packers fan first. Hopefully most of you guys are too, and hopefully most of you wont go jump on the Jets bandwagon. As much as I HATE to see Favre leave, I think its truly time we move on, and accept that it is the Aaron Rodgers era. It will kill me to see Favre in another jersey, but look on the bright side--we dont have to play him this year. I hope to see most of you "Packer" fans stick around, and not see you go jump ship with the Jets.

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I have to buy a new Packers jersey now....any suggestions?

85?

25?

56?

21?

I am leaning towards 25, but it is a tough choice.

A #12 jersey will have to wait. LOL At least until mid-season.

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Win-win-win-win situation lol.. who's your favorite player?

ugottabjoshinme
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I will be supporting the Packers, Aaron Rodgers, and all of Upper Management all the way. To most extensts, I agree with the things that they have done so far. I look forward to seeing this extremely young and talented team grow together over the next few years. GO PACKERS!!!

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Nice to hear that ugottabejoshinme :hi5:

servais77
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
We will find out who the real packer fans are if this team starts out 0-4.

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 10:56 AM
My favorite Packer was Favre hands down. Now probably Al Harris or Donald Driver. They have great personalities (from what I can tell in locker room interviews) and are great players. I am an old school guy, so I will go with the vet over the young guys first. Still, Grant and Jennings are up there as well.

I was turned off from Favre a little during this whole fiasco. Now that it is over, i am sure he will bring that same passion of playing to the Jets, so he will be fun to watch. Personally, though, maybe he is not the guy we all thought he was.

All time favorite player - Jim Brown! Ever watch highlights of him? Jesus!

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
My favorite Packer was Favre hands down. Now probably Al Harris or Donald Driver. They have great personalities (from what I can tell in locker room interviews) and are great players. I am an old school guy, so I will go with the vet over the young guys first. Still, Grant and Jennings are up there as well.

I was turned off from Favre a little during this whole fiasco. Now that it is over, i am sure he will bring that same passion of playing to the Jets, so he will be fun to watch. Personally, though, maybe he is not the guy we all thought he was.

All time favorite player - Jim Brown! Ever watch highlights of him? Jesus!

Jim Brown - greatest football player in history. Wifebeater off the field.

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM

85?

25?

56?

21?

But I thought u guaranteed Rodgers was a lock to make the HOF already:rolleyes: So why second guess?

This thread is uneccesary, imo.

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
That's why Jim Brown is my favorite. No woman is gonna tell him what to do!

And Newdude, you should really look into the definition of sarcasm and being facetious.

I am pulling for Aaron Rodgers to do well. I hope he does become a HOF quarterback!!

Maybe since his number is 12 and Favre's was 4, he will be 3 times the quarterback Favre was/is! lol (don't over react, just kidding......or am I)

TravisU
08-07-2008, 11:08 AM

85?

25?

56?

21?

56 Barnett's been a beast the last 5 years, i feel like he's the most underrated linebacker in the league, so yeah that's the next jersey i'm getting

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
But I thought u guaranteed Rodgers was a lock to make the HOF already:rolleyes: So why second guess?

This thread is uneccesary, imo.

Agreed, this thread should be locked. It all comes down to all us of being Packer fans regardless of how we feel the direction of this team has turned. It will come down to "I told you so" in the next few months. Rodgers performs well enough and the Packers get off to a good start or Rodgers struggles and we get off to a poor start. Not much gray area there. Fans have become polarized on this whole mess. Ari Fleischer has 4 weeks left on his contract to bring us all together!

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
That's why Jim Brown is my favorite. No woman is gonna tell him what to do! What?

And Newdude, you should really look into the definition of sarcasm and being facetious.

I am pulling for Aaron Rodgers to do well. I hope he does become a HOF quarterback!!

Maybe since his number is 12 and Favre's was 4, he will be 3 times the quarterback Favre was/is! lol (don't over react, just kidding......or am I)

Maybe u should look up the word facetious, bcuz maybe u didn't notice the ( :rolleyes: ), if I was seriously I would've used (:eyebrow:).

:eyebrow:

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm not well versed in the language of smileys...:smoking::clap:

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:24 AM
:silly:

back on topic, with no more news, the offseason is again going slow.

Bauermundo
08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
The upside is that the Aaron Rodgers can finally grow with this young team that's matured tremendously.

As much as TT is disliked, you have to admit he's a done a good job drafting (let's just forget about Harrell when i say that). So let's see Rodgers be our starting qb. if he sucks, we can find another qb while this team is still young. But something tells me he's gonna be alright. Like a... Joe Montana errrr I mean Hasselback

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
well i just cant find myself really cheering for the packers right now, its like i got to give it time, and i feel myself wanting rodgers to fail, so that this can blow up in thompsons face

only good thing out of this is the jets are my AFC team, but i could care less about the AFC

and im only a fan because i liked wayne chrebet and curtis martin as a kid

but again for now i hate ted thompson

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
^^^ but then again i know i will be cheering for them by season's start

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
^^Hey, U still can support the team (the players), but u don't have to like the management, ask the Lions fans, they know. :D

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Why can't fans cheer for the Packers an Jets the only time they'd meet is the Super Bowl so that is what I'm doing. Also this thread is useless Let's see who the real packers fans are? Are u tryin to say the real packer fans are the ones who support managment an Rodgers now instead of supporting farve an the last 16 seasons he has given to us. I just don't get the point of this thread.

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
im not a jets fan i am just gonna cheer for them and hope they do well

but i am not gonna be like others and say i bleed green and white

because my true blood is burgundy and gold, then the pack are an extremely strong second team, but the hets wont be close to either team as far as fan hood

Grigbay Packer
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I think Grant is the person I'm rooting for. If he is anywhere close to where he was the second half of last year things should be good.

I too agree with papipapsmanny with his take. I have two teams I am going to watch this year and I'm glad one of those team has #4 on them...

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
The upside is that the Aaron Rodgers can finally grow with this young team that's matured tremendously.

As much as TT is disliked, you have to admit he's a done a good job drafting (let's just forget about Harrell when i say that). So let's see Rodgers be our starting qb. if he sucks, we can find another qb while this team is still young. But something tells me he's gonna be alright. Like a... Joe Montana errrr I mean Hasselback

I agree there is upside to the Rodgers starting there are two questions though people want to know 1. Is he going to be able to take the Packers to the Playoffs. 2. Is he going to stay healty.

I know u can't demote a general manager but I'd have loved to see TT be are head of Drafting and Talent Evaluation an someone else the GM role.

Packer Fans have been spoiled by Ron Wolf i think sometimes we get the common mispreception that who ever we draft an is are back-up at QB will develop into a good nfl QB. Aaron Brooks, Mark Brunnell, and Matt Hasselbeck. But the point is not many back-up qb can perform as a starter in this league like hassebeck mainly did.

Brunner
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I'll always root for the Packers, they are and will always be my team, but I don't know if it will ever be the same. Now it just feels like football; it used to feel like a religion.

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I know u can't demote a general manager but I'd have loved to see TT be are head of Drafting and Talent Evaluation an someone else the GM role.

A teams GM is the lead when it comes to the draft. You can't have a GM who isn't in charge of whom the team ultimately drafts. From what I read above you essentially want Ted Thompson to be the teams top scout? Eh. Your GM has to have control over the draft. It would be impossible for a team to function that way.

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Agreed pretty ridculous the point is i trust TT drafting and finding develop prospects, just not really like him right know cuz of the Farve thing and with 20 million in cap room not able to sign ryan grant before the start of training camp.

Urbs
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM

this team has started 0-4 before and ive always been a fan.. its going to be really really long and difficult football season... Ive always been a packers fan, ALWAYS... But i have NO FAITH in the decision to get rid of Favre and I have ZERO faith in Rodgers as my starting QB. after the family night fiasco I have none.. I cant wait for Brohm or Flynn.

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
My problem is that I became a Packer fan because of Favre. Favre being on another team doesn't bother me that much it is the fact that management treated him like complete crap. He is much more important to GB than Ted Thompson ever was and ever will be. I'm rooting like nuts for the Packers this year but I'm sure as hell not siding with TT on anything.

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
My beef is with the management I will always support the team but if they start out 0-4 I'm calling for TT's head not Rodgers.

akorber
08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I wish Brett luck in NY and i hope him and the jets do well, but...

GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!

chedder
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
This whole situation has really been hard for all of us...... what we need to do is take a step back and readjust to Aaron Rodgers being the leader of this football team. When Favre retired we had to do that...... now we just need to do it again..... i for one do not want to hear boos during the first game. that will just prolong the grieving process of losing the face of our organization

BroJoMan
08-07-2008, 02:42 PM

85?

25?

56?

21?

how about #74??

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 02:53 PM

85?

25?

56?

21?

21 would be a bad choice because he's declining. 85 would be a safe choice. 56 would be a good choice if he stays out of trouble which I expect he will. 25 would be a good choice if he keeps it up but I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on his jersey just yet.

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Better get a Charlie Peprah #26 before they're all gone.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Questionable thread, but i'll leave it open just because i want to voice my thoughts on it.

So earlier today i was thinking to myself...is there any reason for me not to be a Jets fan? First of all i'm from New Jersey so location wise it would make sense. Second, both of my roomates at school are diehard Jets fans with season tickets so i will see plenty of games. Now, my favorite football of all-time will be there starting QB.

But then i realized that i'm not a Jets fan because i don't like the Jets. I am still going to love Brett and i hope he does well, but the Aaron Rodgers led Packers are still my team. Sure their could be some challenging times ahead without Brett, but i'm looking forward to this franchise working through them and staying a young, winning football team

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah, living in New York for me, will be worse, because I will hear and read about Favre all the time.. im still a pack fan though, always will be.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I just realized I hadn't posted in here. You all know what I'm about, till the end of time fellas. It's the Packers and the Packers ONLY! :D

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 11:38 PM
What is this, some kind of witch hunt?

Chisox fan
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
The best thing that can happen to the Packers is for TT to get fired. The quickest way that will happen is if Aaron Rodgers fails miserably and the team loses at least 10 games. (no offense A-Rod) So because I'm a real Packer fan, I'll be rooting for those results.

It will help facilitate the firing of TT even more if Brett Favre leads the Jets to the playoffs, maybe even wins the division over the Pats. So in the interest of being a real Packers fan, I'll be rooting for that as well.

I know its too much to wish for, but TT couldn't possible survive Brett Favre raising the Lombardi trophy in Tampa on Feb 1, 2009...and than announcing he was coming back for another year. Oh man, that would be beautiful. (I know its unlikely, but how many of you picked the Giants last year.)

sieracki24
08-08-2008, 12:03 AM
#20 Bigby

AFlagRules
08-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I know one of you immature posters is going to say something. But I'm going to speak my mind either way.

As I've said and will continue to say, the Packers are #1 for me. Even though Brett is gone, the Packers will continue to stay #1 for me. Watching his press conference today, I almost shed a tear. I knew he was gone already, but it finally hit me when he was wearing the NY hat and talking to their media. I'm going to continue to be a Favre fan though, and that means I will be cheering for the Jets.

Anyhow, i hope Rodgers can pick up where Favre did when he first played here in the early 90's. LETS GO PACK!

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 12:18 AM
:guns:

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 12:18 AM
The best thing that can happen to the Packers is for TT to get fired.

Ugh, I don't mean to be like Hawkeye, but how could you be that stupid.

Look at our roster 4-5 years ago, look at it now. Ted Thompson's done a good job.

AFlagRules
08-08-2008, 12:19 AM
The best thing that can happen to the Packers is for TT to get fired. The quickest way that will happen is if Aaron Rodgers fails miserably and the team loses at least 10 games. (no offense A-Rod) So because I'm a real Packer fan, I'll be rooting for those results.

It will help facilitate the firing of TT even more if Brett Favre leads the Jets to the playoffs, maybe even wins the division over the Pats. So in the interest of being a real Packers fan, I'll be rooting for that as well.

I know its too much to wish for, but TT couldn't possible survive Brett Favre raising the Lombardi trophy in Tampa on Feb 1, 2009...and than announcing he was coming back for another year. Oh man, that would be beautiful. (I know its unlikely, but how many of you picked the Giants last year.)

How can you be a real "Packer fan" but hope they lose 10 games this upcoming season. Sure TT has ****ed up, but look at the team he has built. Favre sure made a huge impact, but our defense is REALLY good, and the rest of our offense aside from the QB is really good too. We have a ridiculous amount of cap room still and a team with LOTS of young talent. Everyone hates Thompson for not spending the money on FA's, but hes a guy who likes to build through the draft and be smart when signing FA's.

Chisox fan
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
How can you be a real "Packer fan" but hope they lose 10 games this upcoming season. Sure TT has ****ed up, but look at the team he has built. Favre sure made a huge impact, but our defense is REALLY good, and the rest of our offense aside from the QB is really good too. We have a ridiculous amount of cap room still and a team with LOTS of young talent. Everyone hates Thompson for not spending the money on FA's, but hes a guy who likes to build through the draft and be smart when signing FA's.

I'm sorry, i don't mean to offend you or anybody else. But I've been a fan of the Packers for 40+ years, and as of today, supporting this team is supporting Thompson. And supporting Thompson, is disrespecting what Brett Favre has done for this franchise, and therefore disrespecting the long storied history of the Green Bay Packers. They need to fire Thompson, and the only way thats going to happen is for the team to fail miserably this year.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry, i don't mean to offend you or anybody else. But I've been a fan of the Packers for 40+ years, and as of today, supporting this team is supporting Thompson. And supporting Thompson, is disrespecting what Brett Favre has done for this franchise, and therefore disrespecting the long storied history of the Green Bay Packers. They need to fire Thompson, and the only way thats going to happen is for the team to fail miserably this year.

Oh please. 'Disrespecting what Brett Favre has done for this franchise." Like Brett Favre is some innocent pawn in this disasterous game of chess. Please, please, please.

Havoc Wreaker
08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Favre Fan Here

Urbs
08-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Questionable thread, but i'll leave it open just because i want to voice my thoughts on it.

So earlier today i was thinking to myself...is there any reason for me not to be a Jets fan? First of all i'm from New Jersey so location wise it would make sense. Second, both of my roomates at school are diehard Jets fans with season tickets so i will see plenty of games. Now, my favorite football of all-time will be there starting QB.

But then i realized that i'm not a Jets fan because i don't like the Jets. I am still going to love Brett and i hope he does well, but the Aaron Rodgers led Packers are still my team. Sure their could be some challenging times ahead without Brett, but i'm looking forward to this franchise working through them and staying a young, winning football team

Very Well Done. I know i have been freaking out on here a little in the last couple days, but I really do want Rodgers to be good. Im a Packer fan before a Favre fan, not terribly far before, but before nonetheless.

I would buy a 56 jersey, he is by far the most established player in that selection. Otherwise, if Grant or Bigby can prove themselves this year I would really like either of those jerseys.

If anyone reads this, I was wondering.... A Rodgers doesnt seem to have the canon Favre had... Since Jennings seems to be a burner and Driver is definitely a possession guy. Do you think Driver will be a more productive WR this year with a QB who may not beable to play to Jennings strengths as much?

Urbs
08-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Oh please. 'Disrespecting what Brett Favre has done for this franchise." Like Brett Favre is some innocent pawn in this disasterous game of chess. Please, please, please.

Yea, all parties involved are guilty of what happened in this fiasco. I do believe that some are more guilty than others for sure tho.. From any kind of football standpoint I have a lot of trouble seeing the logic in trading away a HOF QB after one of his best years. It is starting to sink in, but still a raw nerve for me. I am accepting once again that Rodgers will be our QB, when just days ago most of us believed Favre would once again be under center. TT is most guilty, however, of having way too large of an ego. I do believe a lot of the Favre drama was Thompson wanting to go with his own guy, AND Thompson wanting to try to squash Brett Favre's celebrity.. Brett had an emotional attachment, I believe, to the city of GB and the fans of the Packers. The fans are in love with Brett, the Packers are bigger than anything else in this state and he was the heart and soul of it, the face of the franchise for a long time to come. The fans feel an emotional and sentimental attachment to Favre, I believe this was grossly underestimated by Thompson. This is rarer and rarer relationship in Pro-Sports today, but it existed in Wisconsin and Packer Nation. Brett had more power than the Packers and that drove Thompson's ego insane, he had to throw Brett out to quench his thirst for power and control.

corywoe
08-08-2008, 06:35 AM
junior trane you want a new jersey you shouldn't just have a favre but i'm not goin to hate go get that #20 son bigby a beast... and yes packers fan for life favre made his decision to retire time to move on...

mattz1212
08-08-2008, 06:53 AM
I actually went into hiding until this ordeal was over, so I'm back now :up:. Quite honestly, I've tried to turn a deaf ear to this whole situation, of course it's been near impossible to. I believe each side has handled this situation poorly, but it's resolved I am ready to move on. I wish Brett the best and I still stand behind this organization. I respect him and all but he's moved on and so have I. He'll always have a place in my heart... as a Packer. Now I really only care about how he does in relation to the draft pick the Packers will receive, other than that I am not going to buy into any comparsions or any projections, which I am sure ESPN will beat to death especially if the Packers struggle, because quite honestly they mean nothing.

It's over, Aaron Rodgers is our new QB, lets please move past it.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Yea, all parties involved are guilty of what happened in this fiasco. I do believe that some are more guilty than others for sure tho.. From any kind of football standpoint I have a lot of trouble seeing the logic in trading away a HOF QB after one of his best years. It is starting to sink in, but still a raw nerve for me. I am accepting once again that Rodgers will be our QB, when just days ago most of us believed Favre would once again be under center. TT is most guilty, however, of having way too large of an ego. I do believe a lot of the Favre drama was Thompson wanting to go with his own guy, AND Thompson wanting to try to squash Brett Favre's celebrity.. Brett had an emotional attachment, I believe, to the city of GB and the fans of the Packers. The fans are in love with Brett, the Packers are bigger than anything else in this state and he was the heart and soul of it, the face of the franchise for a long time to come. The fans feel an emotional and sentimental attachment to Favre, I believe this was grossly underestimated by Thompson. This is rarer and rarer relationship in Pro-Sports today, but it existed in Wisconsin and Packer Nation. Brett had more power than the Packers and that drove Thompson's ego insane, he had to throw Brett out to quench his thirst for power and control.

This is the new excellence in posting. Great job!

Martz
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM

85?

25?

56?

21?

I want a Bigby jersey ssssoooo bad.

Martz
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Agreed, this thread should be locked. It all comes down to all us of being Packer fans regardless of how we feel the direction of this team has turned. It will come down to "I told you so" in the next few months. Rodgers performs well enough and the Packers get off to a good start or Rodgers struggles and we get off to a poor start. Not much gray area there. Fans have become polarized on this whole mess. Ari Fleischer has 4 weeks left on his contract to bring us all together!

Unite the clans!!!! UNITE THEM!!!!

Urbs
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
This is the new excellence in posting. Great job!

Thank you very much

ugottabjoshinme
08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
firing ted thompson is not a move in the correct direction

bucksbeat
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll second the notion of a #74 jersey. Kampy is in the prime of his career, is an NFL "good guy" and is a freaking beast! Why no love for the D-Line?

XJW18
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM

85?

25?

56?

21?

#37 lol (can't wait for him to step it up!)

Rtardz
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
what really sucks is that when Brett retired I bought another jersey but a white one to wear this year. Guess it will be sitting in the closet. So I`m looking at a Kampman, Woodson, Harris, Jennings or Driver. I already have a Hawk which I wore last year.

Jambox5000
08-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Still a fan, got into it huge with fake fans recently. Favorite? D. Driver or Kampman, leaning towards Kampman: dudes a beast and a class act.

Jambox5000
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
I'll second the notion of a #74 jersey. Kampy is in the prime of his career, is an NFL "good guy" and is a freaking beast! Why no love for the D-Line?

sorry for biting your post, but I SWEAR i wrote mine without reading yours....

robdizzle3
08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I would have to say that now my favorite player is AL Harris because he lives by me and I have learned to play cornerback from watching him and he has made me a better player and he does a good job by shutting doen the opposing number 1 wideout.My other pick would probably be AJ hawk because he has a good football name and is really a ball Hawk pun intended

packerfan4life
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Our 4-12 season was painful enough. As much as I love Brett Favre, the Packers are still my team to follow, although, the Jets are my favorite AFC team! 2nd favorite overall. :clap: