PDA

View Full Version : anyone else tired

buschboy 222222
08-07-2008, 09:08 AM
is it just me or is everybody tired of garrett olson what a bumb cant throw strikes and when he does they pound on him

Eicholtz
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I am getting tired of seeing Olson struggle as well. But this is the same guy against the same team that pitched 6 innings and submitted 2 runs against not two weeks ago. It's apparent they (the Angels) made adjustments and Garrett didn't so he paid the price.

As far as sending Olson down if they sent Liz down so I don't see why he hasn't gone as well. He had a couple good games but he really needs to work on somethings.

I think if Penn can keep from getting struck by lighting, ran over by a trash truck or keep from having a piano fall on his head he should get a shot. Because it's time to Shat or get off the pot for Penn. The Orioles are not contending for a playoff spot so let's see what these guys can do.

Look at Waters he wasn't really pitching that great in AAA. I know he won't pitch like he did the other night but hopefully Waters can produce on a more consistant basis then these other guys have. You never know until they get a shot.

bigity b
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I am getting tired of seeing Olson struggle as well. But this is the same guy against the same team that pitched 6 innings and submitted 2 runs against not two weeks ago. It's apparent they (the Angels) made adjustments and Garrett didn't so he paid the price.

As far as sending Olson down if they sent Liz down so I don't see why he hasn't gone as well. He had a couple good games but he really needs to work on somethings.

I think if Penn can keep from getting struck by lighting, ran over by a trash truck or keep from having a piano fall on his head he should get a shot. Because it's time to Shat or get off the pot for Penn. The Orioles are not contending for a playoff spot so let's see what these guys can do.

Look at Waters he wasn't really pitching that great in AAA. I know he won't pitch like he did the other night but hopefully Waters can produce on a more consistant basis then these other guys have. You never know until they get a shot.

I agree with those points. I think Olson is the next to go down (with Penn coming up) and then Burres should start looking over his shoulder. Trembley said it himself a few weeks ago - These guys have been given plenty of opportunities this year and its up to them to step up to the plate and pitch. Rather than wait and wait and wait, call up a few guys and see how ready they are. Competition for roster spots always creates a win-win situation and will help the fans feel slightly better about next year.

Thinkb4upost
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm scared of the idea of bringing Penn up, especially if the O's are on the road...I wouldn't want him on a plane with his luck