PDA

View Full Version : Oden Debut vs. Bynum Opening Night

hockeypro68
08-07-2008, 05:11 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am VERY excited and interested to see how Greg Oden does this season. Who better to debut against but Andrew Bynum. Who do you think is going to get the best of it?

#24 Lakerland
08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Andrew Bynum. Greg Oden hasn't even played a game in the NBA.

ARMIN12NBA
08-07-2008, 05:24 AM
Andrew Bynum. Oden hasn't even played in the NBA yet. He just came off microfracture surgery, which is the worst surgery in sports. Amare was absolutely terrible for a while in the summer league when he came back until he came into full form. Bynum also had surgery, but a minor one. He also has proven himself in the NBA while averaged 14 and 11 as a starter.

DaddyCool
08-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Bynum of course. I'd like to see Oden against Shaq or Dwight in his first game though. That's what his expectations are.

hockeypro68
08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Oden came in and starting tearing it up right away. You saw how good he still was without even full use of his freaking shooting hand. To be honest, I hope he comes in and DESTROYS Bynum for like 25 points. That'd be so big. Do you remember how much hype this kid had? "Once in a Decade player". I hope he can contribute right away

DaddyCool
08-07-2008, 05:54 AM
They said the same thing about Sam Bowie, Ryan Leaf, Kwame Brown, etc. I don't think Oden will end up like that but 25 points as a debut is very very optomistic.

hockeypro68
08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
lol, yeah it is. It'd just be amazing though, can you imagine? As if the West didn't look ridiculous enough, here are the Blazers and Greg Oden RAPING the lakers. Obviously this is geared more towards what I want to happen and less towards what I think will actually happen.

pmmr2113
08-07-2008, 06:10 AM
haterade!!! oden will probably have a double double at best against my boy bynum. but don't get your hopes up, the lakers will mash on the blazers.

stawka
08-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Lets be realistic here. Who will get the best of it? Probably Oden. Lets no forget, Bynum isn't even the second option on that team. He is the third option AT BEST.

1 - Kobe
2 - Gasol
3 - Odom/Bynum

Anyone that says "Bynum for sure" is either a Laker fan, or someone not thinking straight. Who will have a better career? That's a different question. When Kobe gets traded/retires or Bynum gets traded, that's when Bynum will reach his full potential, I doubt we see it until then

Tblaze
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
It's not a fair matchup, it's Oden's first game and he only just started practising 100% again. He misses alot of gameshape and experience of course.

I don't expect too much from him yet, he'll need atleast 6 months to adjust, can't wait to see him play though :)

kingbrentg
08-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Lets be realistic here. Who will get the best of it? Probably Oden. Lets no forget, Bynum isn't even the second option on that team. He is the third option AT BEST.

1 - Kobe
2 - Gasol
3 - Odom/Bynum

Anyone that says "Bynum for sure" is either a Laker fan, or someone not thinking straight. Who will have a better career? That's a different question. When Kobe gets traded/retires or Bynum gets traded, that's when Bynum will reach his full potential, I doubt we see it until then

I agree mostly, but Bynum definitely has the experience over Oden right now. Also, Bynum being the 3rd or 4th option on his team is about what Oden will be at this point on his team. At least for the first few games, until Oden gets the kinks worked out and back in good basketball shape.

1. Roy
2. Aldridge
3. Oden/Bayless

I think Oden will probably come before Bayless, but Roy and Aldridge are the 1-2 punch for now.

#24 Lakerland
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM

1 - Kobe
2 - Gasol
3 - Odom/Bynum

That has nothing to do with my answer. So what? I'm a Laker fan. Bynum has EXPERIENCE while Oden only goes to the gym and play.

If you actually think Oden will outplay Bynum in his very first game, then you're not thinking straigh.

DaddyCool
08-07-2008, 07:52 AM
That has nothing to do with my answer. So what? I'm a Laker fan. Bynum has EXPERIENCE while Oden only goes to the gym and play.

If you actually think Oden will outplay Bynum in his very first game, then you're not thinking straigh.

:nod:
Bynum is better than Oden as of right now. But I think Oden will eventually have the better career since Bynum will play under Kobe's shadow for a while.

Mallpha
08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
For good of the game i hope both of them will show us a lot.

Expirience favores Bynum but Oden is a freak and sooner or leater he will be amazing.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
dont know who will do better cuz havent seen what oden can do at the NBA level

LakerzDQ
08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
really, I think both players would be playing confused and be tripping over each other, hahaha.

I mean, they're both coming out of surgery, so neither would be in top condition.

but if I was to choose, I'd say Bynum would outplay Oden this first game.

CowboysKB24
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't see Oden doing a great deal but I definitely think he will make some plays. He'll have a dunk some rebounds and some big block shots. These two guys are eventually and likely going to be big time players but the first game of the season I don't really see either of these guys being the face of the game. Bynum first game back in so long and with the new squad who knows.

LakerzDQ
08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't think Oden will block a Bynum shot this season though. unless Bynum gives him a weak baby hook or something.

LakerzDQ
08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm worried tho, the day before opening night is Bynum's 21st birthday. I trust Bynum, but what if he just gets caught up in the party and gets himself drunk or something.

younggunn113
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Bynums a good kid, hes very reserved and hes smart about that. The kid skipped a Sr. high school prom for AAU practice. We were part of the same AAU organization under Larry Marshall. I was on the team a year younger than him, but got to know him on a personal level. Dont worry about drinking/drugs...thats not him at all, he's very smart and def 100% dedicated.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
should be a good match.

sevanseven
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
bynum.

portland is gonna be one scary team once all their players reach their potential, granted they stay in portland.

GregOden#1
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm worried tho, the day before opening night is Bynum's 21st birthday. I trust Bynum, but what if he just gets caught up in the party and gets himself drunk or something.

Your starting center is playing another starting center who hasn't played basketball in 18 months and you are worried about your center getting drunk before the game...

DrHoops21
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow this is an awesome matchup. these guys have such potential. we dont get to see too many quality centers anymore. just howard, stoudamire...maybe yao. who else is there? the C position is so ****** right now, no go to guys really. im not a blazers fan but i would love to see oden turn into a dominant C, top 5 or w/e. same with bynum. bynum should come to miami... marion and whoever else...dorell wright...haslem...for bynum. am i dreaming?

bigmac8675
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
This game is going to be nothing special for a couple reasons....
1. Bynum is way overrated, for not even having 1 complete solid season!!!!!!!
2. Oden has yet to play in an NBA game.
3. Both are coming off of surgery.
Wait until mid-late season to get a better matchup between the two.

GregOden#1
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow this is an awesome matchup. these guys have such potential. we dont get to see too many quality centers anymore. just howard, stoudamire...maybe yao. who else is there? the C position is so ****** right now, no go to guys really. im not a blazers fan but i would love to see oden turn into a dominant C, top 5 or w/e. same with bynum. bynum should come to miami... marion and whoever else...dorell wright...haslem...for bynum. am i dreaming?

At what point between 1980 and now did we have this much young talent at C?

lakersrock
08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Andrew Bynum. Greg Oden hasn't even played a game in the NBA.

Yeah, Bynum already has experience against guys like Shaq, Dwight, Amare, Kaman, Sammy, Tyson, etc. He should be able to handle Oden. His weight advantage should help as well.

7'0" 250

vs

7'0" 285

hockeypro68
08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I think in all likelihood we can expect like 12 and 10 out of Oden on opening night. For the season, MAYBE 15 points and 10 rebounds and 1.5-2 blocks... and thats optomistic.

LA412
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
either way......the player with the worse game will have so many excuses as to why they didnt perform as well it wont be funny

NYMetros
08-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Definitely Bynum. Oden has yet to get any NBA action, while Bynum was just starting to reach his potential when he went down with the injury. Oden will improve eventually though and turn into a great player in the NBA. But as of right now, Bynum has the edge.

x_notorious
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
It will be a great game to watch. But the advantage has to go to Bynum. He has experience (minimal but experience nonetheless) in the NBA where Oden hasn't played a single minute.

Both come of surgeries but Oden's was much more significant and will take some time to work back. Bynum's offensive game is much more polished then Oden's as well working with the likes of Kareem and showing it off in the Laker games he played. As of right now, I would go with Andrew Bynum.

BillyHoyle35
08-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I cant wait to see Oden stuff it back in Bynum's face. :)

Im very interested in seeing the blazers as a full team. They are one exciting prospect of a team

Hustla23
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
First game: Bynum for sure

In the long run: Oden for sure. Guys who are that ripped and athletic tend to be good players. :)

GregOden#1
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, Bynum already has experience against guys like Shaq, Dwight, Amare, Kaman, Sammy, Tyson, etc. He should be able to handle Oden. His weight advantage should help as well.

7'0" 250

vs

7'0" 285

Do your research, that's what Oden weighed in his rookie year. He's 290 now, and he's a hell of alot more built than Bynum is.

BTownTeamsRKing
08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
bynum,

bc bynum>>>>>>>>>>ANYONE

no really tho, who knows?

G-Funk
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
First game: Bynum for sure

In the long run: Oden for sure. Guys who are that ripped and athletic tend to be good players. :)

Just like Kwame

G-Funk
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Do your research, that's what Oden weighed in his rookie year. He's 290 now, and he's a hell of alot more built than Bynum is.

Bynums reach is of a 7'6 man.

G-Funk
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
My Prediction Bynum Jams it on Oden! It will be a game Oden will never forget.

theimortalone
08-07-2008, 09:37 PM
My Prediction Bynum Jams it on Oden! It will be a game Oden will never forget.

I highly doubt that. Both may have solid games, but do remember both are coming back for season ending injuries. So it'll be pretty even.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I hope its Bynum. It will be good to see what Oden can do with two good hands also. I really like this match up. Kobe and Roy and Bynum and Oden should be fun. Dont care who gets the better of each match up though. Just want a Laker's victory.