PDA

View Full Version : 1st 2 games

PTinfluence
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
1st time poster so be easy

What does everyone think of the first two games with major players being hurt/suspended?
Colts: With Manning having knee surgery, marvin harrison with his problems and injury concerns on the defense (freeney & sanders), shouldn't the bears be favored to win this one? I know it's in Indy, but the bears being hungry to avenge a super bowl loss I like this matchup.

Panthers: Having a two game suspension means no Steve Smith for this game , handcuffing Carolina to Muhammad (who Tillman and Vasher I'm sure have experience defending), dj hackett and dwayne jarrett (NO DEEP THREAT = 8 men in the box all day). They also have a QB coming off of a nasty elbow surgery, a RB with not much experience and a young defense. I think there is no reason for the bears to lose this game!

I guess the moral of the story is: 1 month till the season!....your thoughts?

The General
08-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Our D matches up well to both teams, but can we win if we dont score? Manning doesnt scare me, Freeney raping our QB and LT all night long does. If Williams and Beekman dont step up, 3 QBs may not be enough for us this year.

DamnGoat
08-07-2008, 03:26 AM
There's a pretty good chance Manning isn't himself in Game 1, but can the Bears take advantage?

I'm sure the Defense will come to play, but will the Offense even be able to score 20 points? There are just so many questions offensively that it's impossible to tell what this team will do.

As for Carolina, it's a Road game if I'm not mistaken, so that will be tough. But without Steve Smith it sets the Bears up to steal one. Again, the Defense should be there, but what will the Offense do?

It all depends on how much Hester has progressed, who our starting QB is and what the O-line looks like to start the season. Chris Williams being out for such a long time already can't help matters.

blams
08-07-2008, 04:46 AM
the bears will beat the panthers.

the colts game will be tough.

a peyton manning not a 100 percent is still the best in the nfl, over brady imo.

SoxFanSince63
08-07-2008, 07:11 AM
It will be great to see the direction this offense is going, let's hope it is forward!

Bulldog76
08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
The Colts are more than just Peyton Manning...However, with a healthy Tommie Harris, the Bears shut down San Diego's running game last year and I expect some of the same...However, I'm concerned with the passing game and our ability to get pressure on Manning...That has been the scouting report on Indy since Pittsburgh went to Indy and beat them in the playoffs... With Indy starting a rookie at left guard (mike pollack) Tommie Harris may have his way with him...I don't know if Peyton Manning will struggle or not, but if he gets back in time for the last preseason game, I think he will be fine and our boys will struggle at the end of the game.

As for Carolina...I think they are going to be a disappointting team this year, they have rebuilt the front seven of their defense after losing Dan Morgan, Chris Jenkins, Mike Rucker and others...Steve Smith being gone on offense and a running game that hasn't done much in recent memory leads me to believe that this will be advantage Bears...

Bet the under in both of these games as I don't see the Bears scoring many points, against anyone, but I also think our defense will hold tough for the first few weeks...

Colts -9.5 Under 45 (and tease it for insurance)...3 bets I'm gonna play...

Carolina line isn't set yet, but I will take the Bears and the points...assuming a total embarrassment is avoided in week one.

Bgpapa1
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Im going to be at the Indy game so hopefully they give a good showing for me!! :) Only my 4th bears game in my life. Any ways has anyone heard how Manning is coming along? I haven't looked into it at all. We are going to need Freeny, Sanders and a few others on their D to be hurt for our O to look good. Im not trying to get any hopes up this year about the O so if I keep talking bad about them then I cant be disappointed if they really suck :) I hope to go they don't suck but we didn't get any better personnel and they were horrible last year.

Soop
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Were going to need 3 Td's to beat Indy, if we do that and hold Peyton to a minimum we should be fine. It's going to be tough to do, but it's possible. With Peyton having less reps in the preseason hopefully that will affect him a little.

As for Carolina, I don't see them a threat. We should have our way w/ them and as for Steve Smith not playing, one less threat to worry about.

b1e9a8r5s
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
First, all indications are that Manning will be back for the game. Even if he's not 100% himself, he's still way better than what we have. Also, even if Sorgi were to start, the Colts would be favored at home, allthough the game would certainly become more winnable.

As far as the Panthers, I think we are catching a big break as Smith is clearly their #1 weapon. This will be a big game for us after what I expect will be a loss in week 1.

Starting the season 1-1 on the road would be a good start, IMO.

Tankjeep
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
with the speed of our defense, playing on turf only intensifies it....there's going to be some hitting going on in indy. i can feel an upset coming.

blams
08-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Im going to be at the Indy game so hopefully they give a good showing for me!! :) Only my 4th bears game in my life. Any ways has anyone heard how Manning is coming along? I haven't looked into it at all. We are going to need Freeny, Sanders and a few others on their D to be hurt for our O to look good. Im not trying to get any hopes up this year about the O so if I keep talking bad about them then I cant be disappointed if they really suck :) I hope to go they don't suck but we didn't get any better personnel and they were horrible last year.

um must be ****ing loaded because i wanted to go but the cheapest tickets were something nuts like 220 dollars or something around that.

Bgpapa1
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
um must be ****ing loaded because i wanted to go but the cheapest tickets were something nuts like 220 dollars or something around that.

No just lucky!! Father in law has gotten season ticket for Indy the last few years so he lets us choose a game every year. Pat's last year (game of forever), Bills before that, and Chargers before that(lost perfect season). He is a Packers fan and Pak played in in Indy a few years ago so instead of getting tix to that 1 game he got the whole damn thing. Indy has been really good since so he just keeps getting them. This is his last year though which sux but oh well.

freaknasty23
08-07-2008, 07:42 PM

it only costs me 150ish to go to minnesota to see them play chicago. saw my first live urlacher pick last year!!!! :D