PDA

View Full Version : Jets Get Favre

bosox1899
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
I know this isn't really related to the Pats, but one of our rivals did get one of the best QBs in the NFL so I figured I see how yall feel about it?

i was in the jets forum reading what some of them had to say about favre and I'm reading stuff like "that completes the greatest offseason overhaul of the history of nfl" or something similar to that and "Favre>>Brady", how many INTs does Favre throw per season? 17-20 average is my guess...the guy is over 40 yrs old and they think hes their saviour and many believe the Jets are automatically in the playoffs :laugh:

Im not saying Brett Favre sucks or anything, but I think some Jets fans are getting too excited thinking a 40+ yr. old QB is gonna get them into the playoffs automatically or Favre is better than Brady, stuff like that...I just can't wait to play the Jets now and prove them wrong :D

jaysalltheway
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
brett is 38, and they will have the better defence in the division this year. The jets will make thevplay offs this year and we will see how they do against the pats

JerseyBrave
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
brett is tunring 39, and name one player on the jets defense that is better than the pats. the pats have better d-line by far, the pats linebackers are still think are better that the jets even with the age. The jets secondary is the only thing that miught be better than the pats, but the jets secondary still won't stop moss and welker. And the pats offense is still better. After saying all that the jets are alot better, and might make the playoffs next year as a wild card.

StickyGreenFan
08-07-2008, 02:55 AM
im a packers fan and i hope they smash on u guys this year. i hope u guys get flash backs from the superbowl u lost (not the giants one, the one u lost before that).... an oh yea, go lakers! celts will be a shrug off the shoulder when we get bynum back

J-E-T-S
08-07-2008, 03:31 AM
He will have an impact and a possibility to win the division. But right now Brady is the top QB in the league no matter what anyone argues.

The Pats have a great D-line. Linebackers are solid, they are not dynamic but they get the job done. The biggest ? is the secondary. Like the Vikes of 06, you can have an epic run stopping defense but if they can throw it for 300yds every game forget about winning. I want to see what BB pulls to shore up that secondary, he always does it. I think hell have no trouble this year. But it will take time to adjust.

WHat annoys me is that Favre is 39, and he is like a 1 or 2yr lease. Then he is gone, he is also penchant for throwing ints. But he always throws TD's. Biggest question is can he establish a raport with the receivers soon enough to be effective, and learn the playbook. Since he missed all of training camp. Time will tell.

LivingLegend09
08-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I think the Jets/Patriots games are going to be amazing this year. The Jets have built for win-now with a crafty (and still very good) veteren. The Patriots, after going 19-1, are out to make up for that one loss last year. I don't think anyone can really make any predictions yet because we don't know how Favre will grasp the Jet's system. I think Brady's amazing, but I got a feeling that Favre is going to be playing with a lot of passion this year to prove to the Packers that they made a mistake. I think they split, with the Patriots taking the division and the Jets making it as a wild-card. Go Favre!

bagwell368
08-07-2008, 07:57 AM
wow, what a rosy set of glasses you guys are using...

Favre has been in decline for some years, until last year, and that is still in the weak NFC primarily. He comes in at the last minute to learn a new offense and develop timing with players he has never thrown to before. As usual Favre will try to do too much to compensate for his weak team, and throw at least 20 picks - many to the Pats and Bills who will be the Pats competition for the AFC East not the Jets or the Fins.

Meanwhile, the Jets vets are still fuming about all the money handed out in FA deals in the offseason.

Everyone knows Mangenius is a duplicitous rat for turning in BB for the same things he has done as a Pat coach and Jet Head Coach (he will never get another job in the NFL after he is fired before the start of the '11 season at the latest - or more likely earlier). Nobody respects a short timer.

BB hates the Jets and Mangenius more then anything, even Parcells and the Dolphins. They will throw two mighty beat downs on them this year, and next year. Mark it down on your calendars.

Next year Parcells will have the Fins humming and they not the Jets will try to supplant the Bills for 2nd and Pats for 1st in the Division.

By '11 the wreckage of the Jets should be complete, with Mangenius fired, the #1 pick lost in the fruitless effort to get better, and a rudderless mess of a franchise, and still no SB title since Joe Willy Namath. What a shame.

BRADY4MVP
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
im a packers fan and i hope they smash on u guys this year. i hope u guys get flash backs from the superbowl u lost (not the giants one, the one u lost before that).... an oh yea, go lakers! celts will be a shrug off the shoulder when we get bynum back

wow baiting much....get off bynum's junk

JetInPhilly
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Here's the bottom line guys. Does Favre make the Jets Offense instantly better???? Hell yes!!!! Does the circus come to town with him???? HELL YES!!!! He is a better option than anything we had in camp and will be the catalyst for this team. Inserting him opens up a downfield threat and no one can stack 8 in the box anymore...so Thomas Jones should be back to form this year.

That being said, is Favre greater than Brady???? Only a fool would say yes. Give Brady 16 years in the league and I have no doubt that he will top all of the records.

Back to the Jets: What this gives us, as fans, is hope. There's no guarantee that he'll gel with the receivers, he needs to learn the playbook and we're 1/2 way through camp, and finally...are the players gonna welcome him? Let's face it...Chad didn't get it done but he was the players' QB. If there is an ounce of resentment, there's gonna be trouble. Finally, I'm not sure that Brett can handle the NY media. If he starts playing like crap, they're gonna bury him and...seeing that he's been a GOD for the last decade or so...can he handle it?

There's a huge upside to this and it was the right thing for the team to do but if it blows up...it's gonna be a disaster. I guess we just have to do what I've said in previous posts - keep the rivalry going, loser buys the beer, and leave it all on the field. It's gonna be interesting.

MSG34
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
brett is tunring 39, and name one player on the jets defense that is better than the pats. the pats have better d-line by far, the pats linebackers are still think are better that the jets even with the age. The jets secondary is the only thing that miught be better than the pats, but the jets secondary still won't stop moss and welker. And the pats offense is still better. After saying all that the jets are alot better, and might make the playoffs next year as a wild card.

so the pats are better in every position but the jets might have a better secondary :rolleyes:

lavell12
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Give Favre Moss and Brady's WR core and give Brady Favre' WRs and I bet Favre would do better than Brady.

Go Pack and Go Jets Now!!

bagwell368
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Give Favre Moss and Brady's WR core and give Brady Favre' WRs and I bet Favre would do better than Brady.

Please... two years ago Brady performed miracles w/ less then the Jets have now. Go whistle past someone else's graveyard.

BTownTeamsRKing
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM

and i hope Adrian Peterson destroys the packers. rodgers is gonna have the pressure of the world on him and u and ur packers fans will be crying for brett. as for as brett's super bowl win, he beat DREW BLEDSOE lol. enough said on that.

also CELTICS 17 Titles...now go away please.

DieHardColtsfan
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
lol my "IF Favre ends up Jet IF" thread is a reality now, so i assume the reactions should be similar to the ones in therE?

kazzy4080
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
jets got better will favre, still the pats are way too good for this to make a difference in pats vs jets games, pats will win all 2 (possibly 3) games against the jets this year. but this does help the jets get a lot stronger and possibly make the playoffs however i dont think ANY quarterback can lead their team deep into the playoffs in their first year with the team

RIG
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
jets got better will favre, still the pats are way too good for this to make a difference in pats vs jets games, pats will win all 2 (possibly 3) games against the jets this year. but this does help the jets get a lot stronger and possibly make the playoffs however i dont think ANY quarterback can lead their team deep into the playoffs in their first year with the team

I agree. It still takes a team not just one player. Granted the jets improved on both sides of the ball this offseason, they will lack chemistry which is deffinately needed in a strong AFC...

MSG34
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
hey you guys know what brady has that brett doesn't...a big fat *

kazzy4080
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM

really, i didnt know brady earned an * i know his coach did, but at least brady wasnt addicted to pain killers like number 4, hve fun with ur druggie QB

Crickr
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
As I have said before the road for the Jets superbowl goes through New Englend and Farve isn't the whole team just a peice so .........play ball and lets see who is left standing..

griff141
08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
All I really have to say about it is its a short term gain, long term loss. Let the boys duke it out in week 2 and we'll see who the better team is :box:

bruschifan54
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
The Jets have upgraded themselves from mediocre to average or maybe a little bit above-average. Favre should be able to help him out since the Jets now have a QB who has proven he can rise up to the occasion and win games. However, age is a factor and Favre will need to learn the Jets system as soon as possible. It is a short-term gain, even the Jets know that. Can't wait for the defense to sack Favre on Sept 14th.

JetInPhilly
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
As I have said before the road for the Jets superbowl goes through New Englend and Farve isn't the whole team just a peice so .........play ball and lets see who is left standing..

I second that motion. Let the games begin and the loser buys the beer :)

Shaiza
08-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Favre will get raped by the Pats...Miami doesn't have a bad defense either, so we will see how his stats look like at the end of the season.
Madden curse anyone?

jetsRsnitchaz
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
wow, what a rosy set of glasses you guys are using...

Favre has been in decline for some years, until last year, and that is still in the weak NFC primarily. He comes in at the last minute to learn a new offense and develop timing with players he has never thrown to before. As usual Favre will try to do too much to compensate for his weak team, and throw at least 20 picks - many to the Pats and Bills who will be the Pats competition for the AFC East not the Jets or the Fins.

Meanwhile, the Jets vets are still fuming about all the money handed out in FA deals in the offseason.

Everyone knows Mangenius is a duplicitous rat for turning in BB for the same things he has done as a Pat coach and Jet Head Coach (he will never get another job in the NFL after he is fired before the start of the '11 season at the latest - or more likely earlier). Nobody respects a short timer.

BB hates the Jets and Mangenius more then anything, even Parcells and the Dolphins. They will throw two mighty beat downs on them this year, and next year. Mark it down on your calendars.

Next year Parcells will have the Fins humming and they not the Jets will try to supplant the Bills for 2nd and Pats for 1st in the Division.

By '11 the wreckage of the Jets should be complete, with Mangenius fired, the #1 pick lost in the fruitless effort to get better, and a rudderless mess of a franchise, and still no SB title since Joe Willy Namath. What a shame.

HAHA LOL!:clap:

jetsRsnitchaz
08-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Please... two years ago Brady performed miracles w/ less then the Jets have now. Go whistle past someone else's graveyard.

perfectly said

jetsRsnitchaz
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM

say whatever u want, but if your team had the chance to land brady you'd welcome him with open arms. i cant stand jealous females.

NESports2004
08-09-2008, 10:29 PM

o please buddy we have had this conversation 800000000 times with Peyton and Brady, and Brady wins every time. Farve at 39 doesnt even come close to manning in his prime so shut up and get over the fact that the Packers arent even a .400 team without Brett.

NESports2004
08-09-2008, 10:34 PM

wow your cool? Bymun is garbage btw how does 17 sound?

TDbank24
08-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not worried about Favre, we are still 10x better than the Jets. It will make for more interesting games with them, that's about it

J-E-T-S
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes Favre is an upgrade over Pennington, but enough with the slandering. The media and some fans have portrayed him as some savior, heck he is 39 and if we can get 1 or 2 good seasons out of him that would be great. It still though doesnt solve our long term question mark at QB.

The great thing about the NFL is that you never know where the chips will fall. I bet you guys distinctly remember when Culpepper went to the Fins and the media preached them as SB favorites. I wonder what happened to that?? Then again the Jets could have an epic turnaround ala the Saints of 06 who went to the NFC Championship game after having an 3-13 season. So the bottom line is you never know.

BRADY4MVP
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
BLITZ favre every friggin play. Sack after sack after sack. That way he will have a real reason for all of the pill poppin' that he's used to...

mr. burns
08-13-2008, 03:13 AM

miracles? miracles? brady has had many solid seasons and has a great qB rating and three rings, but until he had randy moss he never had over 28 touchdowns. none of brady's stats outside of last year could be anything close to be considered "miracles".

griff141
08-13-2008, 07:45 AM
BLITZ favre every friggin play. Sack after sack after sack. That way he will have a real reason for all of the pill poppin' that he's used to...

Dude that's not cool. Alot of people and families are suffering from addiction.

BRADY4MVP
08-13-2008, 09:51 AM
my bad....just dont like him.................at all

fliboi9
08-13-2008, 01:49 PM
if were a pat fan i would be more concerned about the fins gettin chad
we are winning the division this year baby!!!!!

Crickr
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
if were a pat fan i would be more concerned about the fins gettin chad
we are winning the division this year baby!!!!!

And santa will bring you all the presents you want ....get real he couldn't do it in NY why in gods name should he be the one who pulls you off the bottom of the pack?

fliboi9
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
parcells (the one who drafted him) knows how to limit his passes
we're mostly running with the best back in the nfl and ricky
plus he is the most accurate passer in nfl history

Crickr
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM

Face it your team is a bottom deweller for a few more years. I see a 4 and 12 season for the fins this year.

mr. burns
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM

actually his rag arm has been limiting his passes for his whole career. I don't think he needs any help fro parcells in the "limited pass" department.

fliboi9
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
actually his rag arm has been limiting his passes for his whole career. I don't think he needs any help fro parcells in the "limited pass" department.

he wont be expected to spread the field
mostly play action and 3 step drops

JetInPhilly
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
he wont be expected to spread the field
mostly play action and 3 step drops

I always liked Chad but I gotta tell ya buddy...Opening Day, is gonna be ugly. You have a good RB (maybe 2 if Ricky can put down the bong) and a good young lineman in Jake Long. That's about it dude. It's gonna be ugly.

As for the Pats...can you guys get any tougher. John Lynch? He may not be an every down player anymore but no one forgets how to hit, and this guy hits a damn ton!!!!!!!!!!! Nice pick up.

HOZ THE KNICK
08-15-2008, 08:46 PM
jets will be division champs and the patriots will be a wild card team, miami is going to win the 1st pick in the draft again this yr.

Jayg1712
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
18-1?

bagwell368
08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
miracles? miracles? brady has had many solid seasons and has a great qB rating and three rings, but until he had randy moss he never had over 28 touchdowns. none of brady's stats outside of last year could be anything close to be considered "miracles".

Let's use my favorite whipping boy - Manning - for comparison to show Brady's miracles.

In Brady's career, he has had 3 skill position players total be chosen for the pro bowl (TE/WR/RB). P Manning has had I believe 14 years worth of them. P Manning also has the single most expensive offense in football and has for most of this decade.

Manning has started 49 more games then Brady, and has cost his franchise over twice what Brady has cost the Pats.

Brady's 3 main receivers (rec) by year since he was a pro:

Brown, Patten, Faulk
Brown, Patten, Branch
Branch, Faulk, Brown
Givens, Patten, Branch
Branch, Givens, Brown
Caldwell, Watson, Faulk
Welker, Moss, Faulk

Brown had an amazing season in '01, journeyman otherwise
Patten was a FA pickup, Wash badly overpaid for him in FA, and cut him
Givens was a low pick, was overpaid for in FA, and has been injured/effective since
Caldwell was a FA pickup, and has been released several times since
Faulk is a nice 7 yard back, but nothing special

In comparison Indy is riddled w/ pro bowlers and HoF'ers, and what are the results:

Brady 3 rings + a 92.9 (4th all time) QB rating - post season 88.0 rating

Manning 1 ring + a 94.7 (2nd all time) QB rating - but in post season an 84.4 (oh dear, doesn't deliver in the clutch as well as Brady, even with the endorsements, and the fancy salary and dollars on offense)

So yes, given the Pats usually spend more on D then O, and the junk he has had to work with - miracles. Either that, or Manning is badly underperforming, but that can't be since the media says he is the best...

bagwell368
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
jets will be division champs and the patriots will be a wild card team, miami is going to win the 1st pick in the draft again this yr.

Cool. I say that the Jets will win 6 this year, and 5 next year and Mangenius will be on the chump bus out of town along with the broken down Favre, and the Jets will then be 42 years removed from the last SB victory. Is that why you hang out here, to catch the reflected glory of a team that actually matters and will be remembered forever as one of the greats, and not another 5 and 10 backwash franchise with a once storied past?

kazzy4080
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
18-1?

4-12?

Crickr
08-16-2008, 10:33 AM
4-12?

I was thinking more like 3-13 or worse... Farve is good but he has not got much of a team to back his play and he cannot do it alone ...........

SilverRedstone
08-17-2008, 01:30 AM
i hope that jets fans are going to enjoy a 6-10 record (im being generous) because favre isnt gunna help them at all. i dont see how that team can even make the playoffs in the AFC when you have The PATRIOTS...Colts....Jaguars...Steelers....Browns.. ..TEXANS (if they stay healthy) buffalo....Chargers.....even the RAiders all competing for a playoff spot? Thats NINE TEAMS.....if i remember correctly...only SIX teams make it.:eyebrow: SORRY BRETTS FANS....i mean JEts fans.

Patsfan56
08-17-2008, 02:18 AM
I think the Jets did some good things with their offseason, but I don't expect to see them put it together this year. I would however expect them to improve into next season if they continue making improvements and working through next years training camp. Moss was just saying the same thing about the Pats. They are ahead of where they were at the same time last year because they had a season to bring it all together. I'm not sure how the Jets can expect to do it this year.

But alot of it also depends on how the Jets, Bill, and Fins do against one another. I can't see the Pats losing one game to any of the three. I honestly see the Bills coming out over the other two as the season progresses.

But we'll see.

Scrapps1523
08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Favre gonna tear it up with keller and cotchery... the jets should be a playoff team but should not win the afc east

MSG34
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
i hope that jets fans are going to enjoy a 6-10 record (im being generous) because favre isnt gunna help them at all. i dont see how that team can even make the playoffs in the AFC when you have The PATRIOTS...Colts....Jaguars...Steelers....Browns.. ..TEXANS (if they stay healthy) buffalo....Chargers.....even the RAiders all competing for a playoff spot? Thats NINE TEAMS.....if i remember correctly...only SIX teams make it.:eyebrow: SORRY BRETTS FANS....i mean JEts fans.

:laugh: brett won't help the jets at all LOL

Favre gonna tear it up with keller and cotchery... the jets should be a playoff team but should not win the afc east

this is itleast logical