PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Tinsley

daleja424
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
nah.. I think tinsely is the most realistic...and could work pretty well. I send Banks/2nd rounder for Jamaal... huge upgrade and we dont lose anything

^^^ Yeah but his Contract runs though 2010, Which is are Year.

but so does banks...isnt it worth the extra 2 mil that tinsley costs to have him instead of banks?!?!?!:eyebrow:

Yeah but Banks isnt a Trouble Maker...... Besides why is everyone so down on Banks as i recall he played pretty good for us until he got Injuryed.

banks is ok...but Tinsley is a guy that could eaisly average 10 apg for us and at a bargain price. I think that even though Tinsley isn't a good shooter, his leadership (on the court) and passing ability would make him a good fit. I would def pay him 2-3 mil a year for the next 3... (and I say 2 b/c we would be paying Banks 4.5 anyways...)

besides...if mario comes along this year maybe we could trade Tinsley for an expiring deal next year anyways and get him off the books before 2010...

What type of Leadership are you going to expect, when everyone in the lockroom knows all i likes to do is get Wasted and go to strip clubs, if i were in that lockroom i wouldnt respect him, he puts all of that over his team so **** him.

thats wy I said n the court. I wouldnt want Tinsley anywhere near South Beach or Beasley... but on the court he knows what he is doing... and we need a floor general!

Like i said hes not going to be a leader in the club house because hes always getting in trouble so everyone in the lockroom is going to know that he puts his Holes and clubs over the team, so no one in the lockroom is going to want him.

maybe... I just think that what he could offer this team from a b-ball standpoint overshadows that... players like artest and jackson continue to get paid even though they have off court issues to...so I dunno...

and after all that I ask: Would Tinsley's on the court abilities make it worth the risk to bring him in to start for us since he seems to be the most available option right now?

Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2001-02 IND 80 30:30 3.6 9.5 38.0 0.5 2.2 24.0 1.6 2.3 70.4 1.0 2.8 3.7 8.1 3.4 1.7 0.5 3.1 9.4
2002-03 IND 73 30:36 3.0 7.6 39.6 0.6 2.3 27.7 1.1 1.5 71.4 0.8 2.8 3.6 7.5 2.6 1.7 0.3 2.8 7.8
2003-04 IND 52 26:30 2.9 7.1 41.4 1.5 4.0 37.2 0.9 1.3 73.1 0.5 2.1 2.6 5.8 2.1 1.6 0.3 2.5 8.3
2004-05 IND 40 32:30 5.5 13.1 41.8 1.5 3.9 37.2 3.1 4.1 74.4 0.7 3.4 4.0 6.4 3.4 2.0 0.3 2.8 15.4
2005-06 IND 42 26:41 3.8 9.2 40.9 0.4 1.7 22.9 1.4 2.2 63.7 0.8 2.3 3.2 5.0 2.6 1.2 0.1 2.3 9.3
2006-07 IND 72 31:11 4.8 12.4 38.9 0.9 2.7 31.6 2.4 3.3 72.0 0.8 2.5 3.3 6.9 2.8 1.6 0.4 2.6 12.9
2007-08 IND 39 33:12 4.5 11.9 38.0 1.0 3.6 28.4 1.9 2.6 72.0 0.6 3.0 3.6 8.4 3.3 1.7 0.3 2.5 11.9
Career 398 30:11 3.9 9.9 39.5 0.9 2.8 30.7 1.7 2.4 71.3 0.8 2.7 3.4 7.0 2.9 1.7 0.3 2.7 10.4

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Whatever if hes willing to Restart why not......

LayZbone
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
There was a rumor about a Tinsley trade a couple months back....but Indy was trying to get Haslem for him and Pat said **** off.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Whatever if hes willing to Restart why not......

:mad: how you gunna just change your mind on me. I liked having the other perspective... thats why I posted both our comments...b/c your points/concerns are very very justified.

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
:mad: how you gunna just change your mind on me. I liked having the other perspective... thats why I posted both our comments...b/c your points/concerns are very very justified.

yeah i liked the steven jackson idea.

danbola
08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
I dont like the idea of Tinsley on the team. He is the exact opposite type player we need. We need good character people on our roster. Hopefully Riley learned from Smush to stay away from these type of people.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I dont like the idea of Tinsley on the team. He is the exact opposite type player we need. We need good character people on our roster. Hopefully Riley learned from Smush to stay away from these type of people.

smush's problem was more about his game... he just wasnt good...

danbola
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
He was also a bit of a head case. I agree that Tinsley is much better then Smuch, I just feel like he is a distraction to our younger players.

ATX
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Daleja...I went with no here, but I do applaud you for taking a stand against the insensitive remarks from our favorite poster. It's a miracle he's still allowed to post on this site. If it was going to take Haslem to get Tinsley, I'd say no as well. Honestly, Tinsley doesn't interest me in the slightest bit...I'd rather start Quinn than have Tinsley here (based on attitude and love for the game)...Too reminisent of Parker....We are rebuilding, and I don't want Artest, Tinsley, or anyone else with a bad attitude. We need leaders, players who understand the big picture...The greater good.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 03:33 AM
i voted no, i rather just keep banks if thats wat its going to come down to

LayZbone
08-07-2008, 03:46 AM
He was also a bit of a head case. I agree that Tinsley is much better then Smuch, I just feel like he is a distraction to our younger players.

lol. didn't smush like choke or punch some valet-parker lady?

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 04:52 AM
i voted no.i dont like him.he is an injury prone

daleja424
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
i voted no.i dont like him.he is an injury prone

as is wade and wright my friend...

anyways to everyone else. i was thinking more of a trade of banks/cook/2nd rounder for example for tinsley. I wouldnt give up haslem for him.

daleja424
08-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Heres what I am thinking. Jamaal Tinsley is a guy that knows how to run and offense and is a GREAT distibuter. I feel like Tinsley is pretty much a TRUE PG in every sense of the word. We have seen how good Wade can be for Team USA when he gets to truely play off the ball and gets the ball on the wings to attack. I just really think that Tinsley can come in and run an offense for us. He isn't a guy that is going to look to get his own shot. I feel like he will be willing to walk the ball up and get Wade involved and not complain about it... Tinsley's defensive abilities and true PG skills would make him a great fit IMO... if we can keep him away from South Beach...

HoopsHype scouting report:

A team-oriented point guard... Great vision of the court... Excellent ballhandling skills... Has to develop a more reliable jumper... Not gifted with much physical skills... Injury prone.

...sounds good to me for a 1-2 year rental to hold down the team while Mario gets ready for his chance...

Overview: A talented point guard who does a great job of getting his teammates involved, but has developed into a solid scorer in recent seasons. Has good size and a strong frame for a point guard. Isn’t overly quick, fast, or explosive. Has a deceptive first step. Not very durable. Great ball handler. Sees the floor well. A tremendous distributor. Has a decent jumper, but has hot and cold spells. Tenacious defender. Made an immediate impact at Iowa State after attending Mount San Jacinto CC. Won the Big 12 Player of the Year award as a senior. Has been a starter since his rookie year. Needs to improve his consistency, since he doesn’t always play at the high level he is capable of. Off-court issues have been a distraction for Indiana.

Offense: Gets about a third of his offense running the pick and roll. Gets another fifth of his touches in spot up opportunities. Capable in transition as well. Possesses a decent shooting stroke, but isn’t consistent. Shoots a poor percentage from three point range. More efficient off the dribble. Will pull up off the dribble, but won’t connect at a high rate. Is better at finding lanes to the rim. Good finisher for his position. Gets to the line at a decent rate and shoots a mediocre percentage. Makes a living as a point guard. Great distributor. Will turn the ball over periodically, but is a tremendous ball handler. Rather creative. The same can be said for his passing. Knows how to get his teammates open. Needs to improve his consistency to match his quality point guard skills.

Defense: A very scrappy on the ball defender who shows a lot of toughness. Doesn’t have ideal quickness, but uses his body to deny penetration. Gets in a low stance and shows good defensive footwork. Will hawk the ball the length of the floor. Tends to reach from time to time. Gets his hands on the ball when his man makes the mistake of showing it to him. Displays good tenacity. Uses his size advantage to contest shots. Good rebounder as well.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamaal-Tinsley-4615/

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 11:56 AM
if we get him i have a feeling he could be the new smush i dont know why

blackjack5380
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Heres what I am thinking. Jamaal Tinsley is a guy that knows how to run and offense and is a GREAT distibuter. I feel like Tinsley is pretty much a TRUE PG in every sense of the word. We have seen how good Wade can be for Team USA when he gets to truely play off the ball and gets the ball on the wings to attack. I just really think that Tinsley can come in and run an offense for us. He isn't a guy that is going to look to get his own shot. I feel like he will be willing to walk the ball up and get Wade involved and not complain about it... Tinsley's defensive abilities and true PG skills would make him a great fit IMO... if we can keep him away from South Beach...

HoopsHype scouting report:

...sounds good to me for a 1-2 year rental to hold down the team while Mario gets ready for his chance...

I posted this in another forum but aint you the one that said it was a bad idea in general cuz you said and I quote "jamaal tinsley sucks balls", you are such a fake person, everthing you said in this forum is exactly what i said in another, so good way to steal another persons idea.

exactly what i said word for word "id rather get jamal tinsley and jeff foster for haslem and banks and second rounder, jamal tinsles contract is only about seven mill a year that last for two or three years, which is alot better than mo williams nine mill a year contract that last for five years, even though mo is younger, i feel that jamal would be a good stop gap solution until we see how mario chalmers develops, and either way they have a good back up in chris quinn, so thats why i wouldnt want mo williams, and as far as jeff foster, he has good defense, not very good at offense but , who needs more offense if we have wade, marion, beasley, and tinsley (if we get him), with cook, james jones, mario chalmers off the bench, i think were set on offense and steals, but we need defense and rebounding, which foster does good at both".

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamaal-Tinsley-4615/

I posted this in another forum but aint you the one that said it was a bad idea in general cuz you said and I quote "jamaal tinsley sucks balls", you are such a fake person, everthing you said in this forum is exactly what i said in another, so good way to steal another persons idea.

exactly what i said word for word "id rather get jamal tinsley and jeff foster for haslem and banks and second rounder, jamal tinsles contract is only about seven mill a year that last for two or three years, which is alot better than mo williams nine mill a year contract that last for five years, even though mo is younger, i feel that jamal would be a good stop gap solution until we see how mario chalmers develops, and either way they have a good back up in chris quinn, so thats why i wouldnt want mo williams, and as far as jeff foster, he has good defense, not very good at offense but , who needs more offense if we have wade, marion, beasley, and tinsley (if we get him), with cook, james jones, mario chalmers off the bench, i think were set on offense and steals, but we need defense and rebounding, which foster does good at both".

daleja424
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM

exactly what i said word for word "id rather get jamal tinsley and jeff foster for haslem and banks and second rounder, jamal tinsles contract is only about seven mill a year that last for two or three years, which is alot better than mo williams nine mill a year contract that last for five years, even though mo is younger, i feel that jamal would be a good stop gap solution until we see how mario chalmers develops, and either way they have a good back up
in chris quinn, so thats why i wouldnt want mo williams, and as far as jeff foster, he has good defense, not very good at offense but , who needs more offense if we have wade, marion, beasley, and tinsley (if we get him), with cook, james jones, mario chalmers off the bench, i think were set on offense and steals, but we need defense and rebounding, which foster does good at both".

dude...for real. get ouuta here with that. Im fake. Ya I copied all your ideas. Shove off dude.

I just finished saying that I WOULD NOT trade haslem for tinsley. Do you know how to read? And I would much rather have Mo Williams and his 9 million dollar contract then Tinsley... but Tinsley is the one available.

You wanna know what got me thinking about Tinsley...here you go:

In the wake of the (lack of) news:

The price for Pargo: If reports out of New Orleans are correct about the Hornets' lack of interest in retaining backup guard Jannero Pargo (with such rhetoric always a questionable proposition amid negotiations), the question is how interested should the Heat be? On one hand, the Heat's $1.9 million lower-level exception might be on the low side for a player who opted out of that figure to become a free agent. On the other hand, what the Heat needs is a player who would be a clear fit as a starter. Pargo hardly sets up as that.

Tick-tock for Tinsley: Then there's Indiana's fire sale with point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who wears the talented-but-troubled tag as well as almost anyone in the league. Tinsley also comes with three more years on his contract, starting at $6.8 million for next season. Marcus Banks also has three years left, at about $2 million less per season, on his Heat deal. That would seem to be the only starting point for the Heat.

Shaq is coming (perhaps): So the Suns' lone visit to AmericanAirlines Arena has been scheduled for Wednesday March 4. Question: Will Shaquille O'Neal be fit or interested enough to travel for the game against the team he leveraged into a trade last season? Bigger question: If he does, is he cheered out of respect for the 2006 NBA title he helped deliver, or jeered because of the way he shut it down when needed most?

Lack of exposure: After making maximum appearances in recent seasons on the league's national-television schedule, the Heat has fallen to the status of bit player. While little more might be expected for the team coming off the league's worst record, isn't there be something to be said about the opportunity to watch Dwyane Wade, Michael Beasley and, perhaps, Shawn Marion at the same time? It seems bad LeBron James and Kevin Durant teams got more respect in recent years.

No-risk proposition: An interesting tidbit about the Heat's waiver claim of swingman Bobby Jones: Because Jones doesn't begin to collect salary until the start of the season, and because his guarantee date is not until Aug. 15, Jones essentially is currently a member of the Heat at absolutely no cost. He, however, cannot be immediately dealt because of the NBA's 30-day rule after waiver claims.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2008/08/pondering-pargo.html

Thats the article that made me make this thread. it had nothing to do with you or your pathetic post count. Get the FUNK ouuta here man.

and heres the link to what you posted:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6143475#post6143475

...originally you had posted some real crap which I why I repsonded the way I did...but I then edited my response after you changed yours so get your facts straight!

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Daleja...I went with no here, but I do applaud you for taking a stand against the insensitive remarks from our favorite poster. It's a miracle he's still allowed to post on this site. If it was going to take Haslem to get Tinsley, I'd say no as well. Honestly, Tinsley doesn't interest me in the slightest bit...I'd rather start Quinn than have Tinsley here (based on attitude and love for the game)...Too reminisent of Parker....We are rebuilding, and I don't want Artest, Tinsley, or anyone else with a bad attitude. We need leaders, players who understand the big picture...The greater good.

Why are you always trying to pick a fight with me bro...... i never said anything bad to Dajela, but whatever i dont care what you say anymore. So yeah i wouldnt mind getting tinsley.

Diehardheatfan
08-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I much rather pay mo the 2 million more a season and have a reliable player than be cheap and trade one of our chips for a Guy like tinsley who gets hurt alot. I rather have an all-star calibur player than an aging point guard. Tinsley was nice years ago but that time is clearly over. I'd much rather have a mo and mario point guard tandem. We would have filled our whole back court. Assuming we keep marion we would be locked in all the way from the 1-3 positions. Needing only a center and a few role players

Derick713
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
It's seems like the Pacers really want to get rid off Jamaal Tinsley no matter what. The Pacers are also in need of a power forward and have shown interest in trading for Udonis Haslem. If I'm the Heat I would trade for Tinsley if the deal could be packaged with Blount and Banks for some combination of expiring contracts. If the Heat could get Roy Hibbert in the deal the Heat would have to consider it as well.

First Trade
Heat Get-
Rasho Nesterovic

Pacers Get-
Mark Blount

Second Trade-
Heat Get-
Jamaal Tinsley
Jeff Foster

Pacers Get-
Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks

Jamaal Tinsley/Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
Shawn Marion/James Jones/Dorell Wright
Michael Beasley/Jeff Foster/
Rasho Nestrovic/Joel Anthony/Alonzo Mourning

End of Games-
-PG-Dwayne Wade/Jamaal Tinsley
-SG-James Jones-OR Daequan Cook
-SF-Dorell Wright-OR James Jones
-PF-Shawn Marion/Jeff Foster
-C-Michael Beasley/Rasho Nesterovic

King Koopa
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
It's seems like the Pacers really want to get rid off Jamaal Tinsley no matter what. The Pacers are also in need of a power forward and have shown interest in trading for Udonis Haslem. If I'm the Heat I would trade for Tinsley if the deal could be packaged with Blount and Banks for some combination of expiring contracts. If the Heat could get Roy Hibbert in the deal the Heat would have to consider it as well.

First Trade
Heat Get-
Rasho Nesterovic

Pacers Get-
Mark Blount

Second Trade-
Heat Get-
Jamaal Tinsley
Jeff Foster

Pacers Get-
Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks

Jamaal Tinsley/Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
Shawn Marion/James Jones/Dorell Wright
Michael Beasley/Jeff Foster/
Rasho Nestrovic/Joel Anthony/Alonzo Mourning

End of Games-
-PG-Dwayne Wade/Jamaal Tinsley
-SG-James Jones-OR Daequan Cook
-SF-Dorell Wright-OR James Jones
-PF-Shawn Marion/Jeff Foster
-C-Michael Beasley/Rasho Nesterovic

I like it but i dont think that the pacers would trade, Rasho for Blount.

fins08
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
no, I hate the millionaires that screw up and he is one of them with his legal problems. No, let Mario play.

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
as is wade and wright my friend...

anyways to everyone else. i was thinking more of a trade of banks/cook/2nd rounder for example for tinsley. I wouldnt give up haslem for him.

well u are right....AGAIN:p

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 04:50 PM
no, I hate the millionaires that screw up and he is one of them with his legal problems. No, let Mario play.

:clap: :high5

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Blount and Banks for tinsley and rasho maybe. You know what ill give pacers blount for a 2nd round pick lol

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Tinsley is injury prone i dont want him

bryan71023
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
He's better than no PG at all the Heat should give him a chance

greek miami hea
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
He's better than no PG at all the Heat should give him a chance

i prefer chalmers over tinsley any day of the week:D:D

dimgim
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
i prefer chalmers over tinsley any day of the week:D:D

Because of what exactly?...Chalmers few good games in Summer league as supposed to Tinsley's 10+ pts and 8 assts average over a seven year NBA career.

IndyFan
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM

First Trade
Heat Get-
Rasho Nesterovic

Pacers Get-
Mark Blount

Second Trade-
Heat Get-
Jamaal Tinsley
Jeff Foster

Pacers Get-
Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks

sorry guys, no chance of this happening. pacers have no interest in a guy like blount. they just spent the summer getting rid of that type of players.

:)

IndyFan
08-12-2008, 12:00 AM
i like tinsley. i think he is a good point guard. he is a real PG. great court vision. agressive passer. imo, the pacers always played better with him on the court.

that said, he does seem to be one of those guys that just cannot stay healthy. it is not a chronic knee or anything. it is always a different injury every year. his body just doesn't seem to be able to withstand the NBA grind.

if you have ever seen him play, you know he is very stoic on the court. he raises aparent indifference to an art form. that really turned off the indiana fans. add that to a couple of off-court incidents and suddenly half the fans hate him. that is why he is available.

hope that helps your discussion.

edit: no way chalmers is better than tinsley. no way he is half as good.

:)

hoV23
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
theres talks that he wount be back in indiana . he would be a really nice addition to miami him with wade and marion .. thats nice

daleja424
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
1. Jamaal Tinsley...whose jemal?
2. We have had this conversation many times... search through the threads...

IRUAM #21
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Pat riley already rejected a trade offer tinsley for haslem

dimgim
08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Couldn't trading Marcus Banks and Haslem to Indiana for Tinsley and Jeff Foster work for both teams financially and on the court.

daleja424
08-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Couldn't trading Marcus Banks and Haslem to Indiana for Tinsley and Jeff Foster work for both teams financially and on the court.

its not bad...I just dont see riley loosing haslem unless he finds a potential starting C... and foster really isnt that...

dimgim
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
its not bad...I just dont see riley loosing haslem unless he finds a potential starting C... and foster really isnt that...

Really now...even if in return he lands a starting PG and a C that rebounds better than Haslem.