PDA

View Full Version : Packer's Record Predictions

packertracker
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I didn't see this thread out there, so: What record do you think the Packers will end up with? Also, do you still consider the Packers an elite team in the NFC this year?

I think the Packers will go 11-5 but probably won't go very far in the playoffs.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
12-4

Grant's going to rush for 1700 yards, our defense will pwn noobs and all Rodgers has to do is throw the short routes effectively for our team to win.

masseycubs
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
10 or 11 wins

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
It's either 9-7 or 10-6. Being that I'm a homer, 10-6 and win the North. That was the prediction I had last year and it worked out pretty well.

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
We are at last gonna go 10-6 but I see a 12-4 season with Rodgers finding his groove late in the year and we will be in the NFC Championship again but I dont no about Super bowl

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Rodgers re-tears his hammy in week 2, Brohm goes down with a concussion in game 7, and Gus Ferrote finishes the season out. Packers go 3-13, beating the Lions twice. ;)

TravisU
08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
haha geez harsh post there brewer, if rodgers stays healthy i could see 10-6 or 11-5, if he's hurt before week 8 i say 4-12 or 5-11 at best.

jamielove
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
lets wait and see what happens....family night wasnt enough and ill even hold out hope if rodgers struggles in pre-season. the monday night opener will be the test of all tests. if we win the opener i'll say 11-5 or 10-6 we lose the opener ill say9-7 or 8-8. we lose the opener badly i'll say 6-10 or 7-9

lavell12
08-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Well I've said all along that the day after Favre is traded Rodgers will go down with an injury. So I'd watch out for today Aaron.

I say the Packers still win the division b/c Rodgers even if he plays bad is still a lot better than Jackson.
10-6!!

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm taking wagers that we don't win more than 9 games. I'll also wager that Rodgers will miss a start for one reason or another before the 9th game. Lastly, I'll take wagers that something "horrible" happens to Ted Thompson when we're sitting at 3-5.

IndiansFan337
08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
9-7. Losing Favre is going to hurt more than they thought.

If Rodgers goes down (again) they are going to be in big trouble & really wish that they hadn't dealt Mr. Durability to the NYJ.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
9-7. Losing Favre is going to hurt more than they thought.

If Rodgers goes down (again) they are going to be in big trouble & really wish that they hadn't dealt Mr. Durability to the NYJ.

It's WHEN Rodgers goes down.

lavell12
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Packers and Jets will both be 10-6. Jets have an easy schedule and that could make them both playoff bound. GB just has the talent that unless Rodgers is completely awful I see them making the playoffs.

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I think a 10 or 11 win season is about right. We have a tough schedule, so Aaron Rodgers will be tested early and often. It will be interesting to see how McCarthy game plans early on. Maybe he uses Aaron early and often since teams don't have much film on him, or maybe he goes conservative with a strong rushing attack. I think he will go the former, especially against the vikings. In my opinion, the key to this season will come down to the defense. They are planning on being more aggressive and blitzing more often, so if that can give Rodgers and Grant a shorter field to work with, they just might be alright.

We should be able to win the division again. Playoffs, we'll see. I am really interested to see what happens against the cowboys, colts, and division games. And also, I wonder how A-Rod handles the cold.

It's going to be an exciting season to watch!!! I can't wait!

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
10 or 11 wins and a playoff berth

every game will consist of grant running well and probably getting a td or two, the defense will stop opponents quite well, so aaron will have to throw probably a 2 tds a game, and be manageable

we got the division and probably will make it to the second round of the playoffs

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I think we will make the playoffs, with 10 or 11 wins

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
My early predictions are 11-5.

Grigbay Packer
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Did someone spike the Greenbay Kool-aid???

The only way Grant will run for 1500+ yards is if the passing game is effective. Whether or not you think Rodgers is good or bad is a mute point b/c he has yet to start a game. I dont think anything of TJ in Minnesota or any other 1-3 year QB but for someone to say he is not as good as Rodgers is basing an opinion with no factual data...

Fact: Rodgers has never started a game
Fact: Rodgers career stats still dont beat out one of Favres best games
Fact: Rodgers has had two season ending injuries

You very well might be accurate in your GUESS, however, right now, thats all it is...

I say 8-8 or 9-7. If they do any better its going to be b/c of the defense

Martz
08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm taking wagers that we don't win more than 9 games. I'll also wager that Rodgers will miss a start for one reason or another before the 9th game. Lastly, I'll take wagers that something "horrible" happens to Ted Thompson when we're sitting at 3-5.

funny...said the same thing last year look what happened. HAWKEYE IS MONEY FOLKS...BET AGAINST HIM!

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
funny...said the same thing last year look what happened. HAWKEYE IS MONEY FOLKS...BET AGAINST HIM!

I was indeed wrong about last year's record - just like the rest of the country. If you feel so strongly, pony up my friend!

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm predicting 8-8 or 9-7.

Quite simply, we really got lucky last year when it came down to injuries, everything going our way, just the way everything came together. I see things coming back down to earth a bit. I would predict this even with Brett Favre at the helm. Our schedule is unusually tough this year as well, more so than last year at this point. Also, divisionally things are tougher, the Bears defense is healthy and the Vikings reloaded, I think the division will be a muddled mess, but we come out on top.

hughest4
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm with most of the other people in this thread, so i'm going to say 10 wins. Losing Favre is going to hurt plus i think we have a tougher schedule this season. Rodgers is going to be fine(i think) but he will still have some games that he is going to get really rattled.

I'm not going to predict what we do in the playoffs just because that a totally different ball game

SDteacher
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I really feel like we'll be in the range of 9-11 wins. I would love to see Grant have a good year, but I think people will play us like others played Minnesota, stack the box and make Aaron make throws. That being said, Rodgers is better than Jackson, but he to be successful Aaron needs to get better at Slants.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM

Quite simply, we really got lucky last year when it came down to injuries, everything going our way, just the way everything came together. I see things coming back down to earth a bit. I would predict this even with Brett Favre at the helm. Our schedule is unusually tough this year as well, more so than last year at this point. Also, divisionally things are tougher, the Bears defense is healthy and the Vikings reloaded, I think the division will be a muddled mess, but we come out on top.

13-3 a year ago with Favre and the easy schedule (says you). So now a .500 season gets TT a pass? You're pathetic. You have GOT to be related to our DB GM!

Damn The Man
08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
9 - 7 is what I see for the Pack this year. It might be good enough to win the sorry division they are in and make the playoffs. But due to the inexperience at the QB position don't expect anymore than that.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 12:30 AM
13-3 a year ago with Favre and the easy schedule (says you). So now a .500 season gets TT a pass? You're pathetic. You have GOT to be related to our DB GM!

I believe what Ted Thompson has done this offseason is right, and I generally agree with most of the things he's done with this team to this point. I'm going to support Ted Thompson, you don't like Ted Thompson, I get it.

Last year we had one the easiest schedules in the NFL, it's not even debatable. On top of that we had no serious injuries or lost starters. This year our schedule is easily much tougher (again, not debatable) and there's no way we get that lucky with injuries again.

So yes, I don't think we will go 13-3 again, if we go 9-7, i'm not going to run around and look for a head to chop, thats the NFL. I'll be dissapointed, depending on the reasons why it happened. Nobody said life after Brett Favre was easy.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Last year we had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, it's not even debatable.

I disagree with that big time. If you want to debate it I will. You don't take the end results after the season is played to determine strength of schedule Brew.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I disagree with that big time. If you want to debate it I will. You don't take the end results after the season is played to determine strength of schedule Brew.

You can take a look and determine a schedule's strength before the season, and it's just speculation. But ultimately to know how difficult your schedule was you have to look back over a years work. When you look over last years schedule, it was a very weak schedule. Especially the second half of the season where we played the Lions twice, the Broncos, the Raiders, The Chiefs, the Panthers, the Rams, I mean good lord. The only good team we played in the second half was the Cowboys, and the Bears were lousy and we managed to lose to them twice.

This year, i'm just speculating, our schedule is much tougher. We're playing teams that are historicly stronger. (Jaguars/Colts/Cowboys/Seahawks/Saints)

A lot can happen, but this schedule seems so much tougher to me.

newdude
08-08-2008, 01:37 AM
You can take a look and determine a schedule's strength before the season, and it's just speculation. But ultimately to know how difficult your schedule was you have to look back over a years work. When you look over last years schedule, it was a very weak schedule. Especially the second half of the season where we played the Lions twice, the Broncos, the Raiders, The Chiefs, the Panthers, the Rams, I mean good lord. The only good team we played in the second half was the Cowboys, and the Bears were lousy and we managed to lose to them twice.

This year, i'm just speculating, our schedule is much tougher. We're playing teams that are historicly stronger. (Jaguars/Colts/Cowboys/Seahawks/Saints)

A lot can happen, but this schedule seems so much tougher to me.

Again with this? Do u remember my post on ur thread, if u do there's my answer. And LOL at the Jags, Seahawks,saints being historically stronger and the Eagles, Giants, Chargers are not?

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM

You're already harping on the tough schedule and potential for injury. Nice job getting you excuses in line prior to the first snap of preseason. Well, guess what? Your boy TT screwed the pooch with Corey Williams. The D-line with CW's departure and the SHOCKING injury to Justine makes the d-line suspect instead of a strength. We better hope TT finds a couple bodies in the next couple weeks.

AMart717
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
haha geez harsh post there brewer, if rodgers stays healthy i could see 10-6 or 11-5, if he's hurt before week 8 i say 4-12 or 5-11 at best.

So you are saying Rodgers is the difference between a 10-6 season and a 4-12 season?????? You are used to seeing number 4 throw the ball. Rodgers BLOWS. He will be a Kyle Boller story in GB. Rodgers is keeping the seat warm for Brian to take over late next season. The D is great here but I dont think they will be to hot when they are on the field 75 percent of the time. TT will be fired for not getting Brett back and looking like a D bag sticking with rodgers

AMart717
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
My early predictions are 11-5.

11... thats a joke. GB will when 9 at BEST with Rodgers. Sorry but the D will be on the field 75% of the time because Rodgers will not be able to throw down the field. That part of his game is terrible! Grant will get shut down because no one really respects rodgers and they will stack the box

The Boss
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
for the first time in years this team is not reliant on the pass....between the d and the running game ill give them 8 wins but seein i like rodgers ill say 12-4, and if we have to play in freezing temps again i like our chances

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I've been saying that we won't win more than 9 games and looking for wagers. Where are all you guys that are predicting double digit wins? What? No cash to lose?

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I've been saying that we won't win more than 9 games and looking for wagers. Where are all you guys that are predicting double digit wins? What? No cash to lose?

Are you giving any odds? You clearly would have the advantage with a straight 10 or more wins bet. I'm thinking 9-7 or 10-6 and I have gotten action with a couple of different friends who think we won't win more than 8 games.

wissportsfan
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
11... thats a joke. GB will when 9 at BEST with Rodgers. Sorry but the D will be on the field 75% of the time because Rodgers will not be able to throw down the field. That part of his game is terrible! Grant will get shut down because no one really respects rodgers and they will stack the box

Well it is just my prediction and I'm sticking with it until after preseason when I give my new prediction. There is a difference between what I think will happen and what you think. I think Rodgers will complete passes because he does have guys around him. I also think that Grant will have a good year that again the pass will compliment the run. Rodgers will do well, unless he starts listening to critics like you.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Are you giving any odds? You clearly would have the advantage with a straight 10 or more wins bet. I'm thinking 9-7 or 10-6 and I have gotten action with a couple of different friends who think we won't win more than 8 games.

No odds Socal. I'm just looking for some action from guys that are so sure we'll have 10,11,12 wins, that's all. You know, from the same guys that couldn't wait for the Aaron Rodgers era to start.

wwfd1220
08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
i am predicting 7-9. it will be a long year brothers.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
i am predicting 7-9. it will be a long year brothers.

7-9 means I lose some jack, lets hope your wrong.:pray:

mlesnet
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
i have a lot of confidence in our team. i am thinking 10 wins, possibly even 11. that would be nice

meyer430
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
10-6 the pack will ralley this year, but next year i think will start a downfall. this year should be ok, as the rest of the players will want to show it wasn't all Brett.

CowboysKB24
08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
8-8
I don't think there is anyway the Packers are going to be as good as last year. Farve had a great season. If the defense and the run game is as good as last year you still have to have an exceptional Rodgers. If you loose the run game and Rodger does not play well you have 0 offense. It is going to take EVERYTHING to go right for the Packers to be a 12-4 team like last season. Rodgers has a SOLID squard around him so he shouldn't be too bad. I think they will be in the playoffs race but it is ultimately up to Rodgers.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
8-8
I don't think there is anyway the Packers are going to be as good as last year. Farve had a great season. If the defense and the run game is as good as last year you still have to have an exceptional Rodgers. If you loose the run game and Rodger does not play well you have 0 offense. It is going to take EVERYTHING to go right for the Packers to be a 12-4 team like last season. Rodgers has a SOLID squard around him so he shouldn't be too bad. I think they will be in the playoffs race but it is ultimately up to Rodgers.

13-3 thanks

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
8-8
If you loose the run game and Rodger does not play well you have 0 offense.

We have Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Lee, Ruvell Martin and Jordy Nelson, there's really no way Aaron Rodgers will struggle enough not to be able to hit those targets at some level.

StickyGreenFan
08-08-2008, 04:41 PM
giants can win a superbowl with eli manning, but all of a sudden green bay wont get 10 wins? you guys dissappoint me, i thought u were packers fans. if u were u would realize we got talent and potential to go far. pathetic....

ugottabjoshinme
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
giants can win a superbowl with eli manning, but all of a sudden green bay wont get 10 wins? you guys dissappoint me, i thought u were packers fans. if u were u would realize we got talent and potential to go far. pathetic....

i agree, there are a lot of weapons on this team and aaron has everything he needs to succeed. This situation (talent wise) is really the best that aaron could ask for and it still leaves us in a good place

gbpack
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Perfect season - the '72 Dolphins never pop champagne again!

AFlagRules
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna go with a couple of scenario's.

#1 - Rodgers plays smart, doesn't throw the ball up constantly for interceptions and he lets Grant, and the receivers do the plays, along with our amazing defense. We could potentially go 13 - 3 or 12 - 4 again.

#2 - Rodgers crumbles under the pressure, plays horrible and we have a huge QB carousel in Green Bay, but our defense holds up and Ryan Grant runs well. We could potentially win in between 6 - 10 games.

#3 - Same 1st part as the above, our defense gets hit with injuries, and all defense's key on Grant and we have virtually nothing. We could win in between 1 - 5 games.

4favre4
08-09-2008, 09:05 PM
16-0 and SB victory.

4favre4
08-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm gonna go with a couple of scenario's.

#1 - Rodgers plays smart, doesn't throw the ball up constantly for interceptions and he lets Grant, and the receivers do the plays, along with our amazing defense. We could potentially go 13 - 3 or 12 - 4 again.

#2 - Rodgers crumbles under the pressure, plays horrible and we have a huge QB carousel in Green Bay, but our defense holds up and Ryan Grant runs well. We could potentially win in between 6 - 10 games.

#3 - Same 1st part as the above, our defense gets hit with injuries, and all defense's key on Grant and we have virtually nothing. We could win in between 1 - 5 games.

Thanks for the info.

tyrekyoung
08-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I didn't see this thread out there, so: What record do you think the Packers will end up with? Also, do you still consider the Packers an elite team in the NFC this year?

I think the Packers will go 11-5 but probably won't go very far in the playoffs.

I hear that the Packs don't think that Brett can take the team all the way to the super bowl and want to take a look at arron rogers before they decide to take a run at one of the Brown's QB (9 - 7)

cwilson21
08-09-2008, 11:38 PM
What did you hear about the Packers tyrek?

socalpkrbkr
08-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I hear that the Packs don't think that Brett can take the team all the way to the super bowl and want to take a look at arron rogers before they decide to take a run at one of the Brown's QB (9 - 7)

:bs:

You show me a link to where you got this garbage

wwfd1220
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
yeah right, tt has a homoronic man crush on rodgers. he put his job on the line for this kid. i highly doubt he is interested in any of the q.b.'s from the browns

XJW18
08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
10 or 11 wins

WSUJJ
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
We need to bring in Dan Marino for a backup gb....

Quote me on this, they sign up last day in training camp, I heard it is possible

WSUJJ
11-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I guess my source was wrong ^^^^

bogmon
11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
It's great to look back at these old threads and see how things have played out in a couple of months.....

TT Haters are still holdin' strong I'm sure, but suddenly the Favre trade doesn't seem so terrible. Also, the optimistic Homers have gotten a harsh dose of NFL reality.
The team definitely let a couple slip away so far.....

Second week of November and the PACK is 4-4....

I think 12 wins is surely out of the question, but I believe they can win 10 and take the Division.

8 more to go.....we'll see!

Go PACK Go!

Pau for Geico
11-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Be realistic, We are 4-4, how are we gonna clean the board and be 12-4? I say10-6 or 11-5. Small chance for 9-7

Pau for Geico
11-08-2008, 06:13 PM
And I love our team as much as everyone else here. Just being real.