PDA

View Full Version : Favre traded to the Jets

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934#

JobaNYY
08-06-2008, 11:50 PM
just seen it on espn....god damn....green bay loved you favre,crazy to see him somewhere else

iam brett favre
08-06-2008, 11:51 PM
honestly, right now, it has not sunk in at all. i really have no emotions towards it

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I'll just say it's going to be very weird to see him playing for the Jets. It's just not going to look right. I wish him the best though.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 11:55 PM
It's finally over. :dance:

On a side note it will be very weird to seem him play for another team.

iam brett favre
i am just stunned.. almost literally want to cry right now.

socalpkrbkr
FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reports that the Packers have traded Brett Favre to the Jets.

This might finally be over. The compensation isn't known, but it's believed to be a single draft pick that increases in value depending on Favre's success in New York. He should immediately step in as a starter, and the team will likely have to release Chad Pennington to make space under the salary cap.
Source: FOXSports.com

This is a sad time indeed. I never thought the day would actually come. :(

salsa
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
this is all over espn...they will be talking about it all tonight and all tommarrow they said.

Im just pissed that we wont be able to play him this year! If he was with the bucs we would be able to play him

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Well....goodbye Brett.

The team has officially moved on. No players remain from the Super Bowl team. I've posted my insane love for you multiple times Brett, so I'll just keep it simple.

iam brett favre
08-06-2008, 11:59 PM
:sigh:
ill miss you brett.

BG7
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Might as well go support the Bears if the Packers are going to pull this type of shenanigans.

Ryan Diesel
08-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Suck a bag of dix Ted Thompson.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Well, TT made his bed, he can lie in it.

On ESPN:

"Right now, who has a better team, NY Jets or Green Bay Packers"

LMAO, what a dumb ****ing question.

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
..still not sure what to say.

salsa
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM

On ESPN:

hahah

yea it took him like a minute to answer it too haha

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Wouldn't it be just a little funny if Rodgers tore his ACL in the first pre-season game?

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM

On ESPN:

I would sure like to believe everyone's answer is the Green Bay Packers.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't it be just a little funny if Rodgers tore his ACL in the first pre-season game?

What! No not really at all! WTF?

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:07 AM

What the **** is wrong with you?

Wouldn't it be funny if you got hit by a bus tomorrow?

jetsfan28
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM

HOW WOULD THAT BE FUNNY

Anyway, good luck with Rodgers guys. I honestly think this is the best thing for Green Bay, as Rodgers (or, if he does get hurt, Brohm) will have a great future. Congratulations on having this whole thing be over and getting to move on.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM

It wouldn't be funny, but it would be ironic lol.

I don't want that to happen, but TT would have to go into witness protection, that would be kinda cool.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:10 AM

Haha I'm sorry man but this is a great quote.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
sad to lose the player

not sad to lose the controversy and problems hes caused lately

this is best for everyone....let the rodgers era begin

BG7
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
If Packers can somehow nab Donovan McNabb, I'd be okay coming out of this...but how the **** do you turn away Brett Favre? Brett Favre is Packers football at this point. You were close to getting to the Super Bowl with him, he's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. The guy passed for 4,000 yards last year and 28 TD's.

Maybe I'm not thinking about this hard enough, or I don't understand the intricacies of football, because it's my #2 sport behind basketball, and I don't follow it as hardcore, but to me, it seems like you would have to be a ****ing ****** to choose Aaron Rodgers over 2-3 more years of Brett Favre.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
sad to lose the player

I hope for the sake of our football team that it is an "era."

newdude
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
At least he'll still be in green. I salute u Favre :cry:

havorka
08-07-2008, 12:13 AM

haha ive been lookin at these posts for awhile now... and i i believe the favre would defenatly be the best chance for us to win the superbowl... but u got to give the guy a chance... god u ****s are so ****in iggonarant its stupid... are u a packer fan or a favre fan!!! jesus christ!!! it pissis me off so bad rodgers isnt that bad... so all i got to say is **** all u you are all stupid and im a die hard packer fan. but man it sure tastes good to tell u i was SO ****ING RIGHT WHEN I HATED TT THE FIRST YEAR HE GOT HERE!!! HAHA funny how all u guys that "loved" the guy but when the GOD is gone haha u hate him also

BG7
08-07-2008, 12:13 AM
HOW WOULD THAT BE FUNNY

Anyway, good luck with Rodgers guys. I honestly think this is the best thing for Green Bay, as Rodgers (or, if he does get hurt, Brohm) will have a great future. Congratulations on having this whole thing be over and getting to move on.

Best thing for Green Bay? Easy to say that when you are of a fan with a team with Brett Favre. Best thing for Aaron Rodgers, no doubt, but who cares about Rodgers if you can have Brett Favre.

cardinals45
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
it has finally hit me. i have always believed that they have to move on after he requested to be released. i started to dislike my favorite player of all time. but then when i turned on espn..it finally hit me how terrible this is. it sucks. i have never watched a packers game without him playing in it( i was born in 92) and now that hes gone..its sad. but living in CT i finally get to watch him all the time because i always watch the jets since its usually the only game on..but what saddens me is that its not as a packer.

Martz
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Packer Fans,

It's over, it's finally over. We've been spoiled for 16 years with one of the greatest to ever play the game. Unfortunetly it ended with an awefully sour taste in all our mouthes, no matter who's side you are on. What's done is done. Rejoice in the fact that we got to see one of the greatest of all time, and cheer him on as he goes. But don't forget about our beloved Green Bay Packers of right now. If ever this team needed us, the fans, it's now.

There is nothing else that can be done now at this point. It's over and we must rally behind this team, and become united. This team needs us more then ever.

newdude
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
If Packers can somehow nab Donovan McNabb, I'd be okay coming out of this...but how the **** do you turn away Brett Favre? Brett Favre is Packers football at this point. You were close to getting to the Super Bowl with him, he's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. The guy passed for 4,000 yards last year and 28 TD's.

Maybe I'm not thinking about this hard enough, or I don't understand the intricacies of football, because it's my #2 sport behind basketball, and I don't follow it as hardcore, but to me, it seems like you would have to be a ****ing ****** to choose Aaron Rodgers over 2-3 more years of Brett Favre.

TT believed the team have "moved on" :pity: wtf...ugh.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
haha ive been lookin at these posts for awhile now... and i i believe the favre would defenatly be the best chance for us to win the superbowl... but u got to give the guy a chance... god u ****s are so ****in iggonarant its stupid... are u a packer fan or a favre fan!!! jesus christ!!! it pissis me off so bad rodgers isnt that bad... so all i got to say is **** all u you are all stupid and im a die hard packer fan

Thank you. I know exactly were you are coming from.

Post more often. :D

cardinals45
08-07-2008, 12:17 AM
but i am really sick of everyone saying the packers are now a losing team without favre. how the **** do you know that rodgers will suck. he may be the next steve young! or he could suck. we dont know yet so dont judge him already. and i hate how all these *** holes keep saying the packers suck without favre. this is still an above .500 team, and i cant see the bears or lions challenging for the division. maybe the vikings, but how hard is it gonna be for rodgers to be better than jackson?

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I still can't really believe that Favre is playing for the Jets, I really, really, really hope, for the sake of the team, that Rodgers is a good QB. It would be such a ****ing buzzkill if we went like 8-8 this year.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM

WHAT THE ****!?......Seriously.

This isn't your madden video game.

BG7
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers sucks, and the Packers somehow magically end up with McNabb. That would ease this for me.

salsa
08-07-2008, 12:20 AM

hHhhahahahahha

BG7
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM

McNabb is probably my 2nd favorite player in the NFL besides Favre. I know he's always injured, but he's a damn good quarterback when healthy.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm going to be so pissed if Rodgers gets hurt this year, or is bad. Imagine if we went 30 more years without having a good team? Yikes...go Rodgers!

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Even though I know you guys will boo in week 1, I just hope that most of the Packer fans don't. I don't know if some of you realize this that when you boo it affects players. The player that will be affected most is Rodgers. I know most of you will be basically booing at TT but if you honestly want us to have success with Rodgers you have to get behind him. I realize this post wont make a different and I'm not trying to change the world but it's something I needed to get off my chest.

ryanph30
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers sucks, and the Packers somehow magically end up with McNabb. That would ease this for me.

It isn't going to happen.

No offense here, but seriously what the hell are some of you people on?

Jesus Christ I feel like I'm the only sane one here.

JJohnson0522
If he can't be in MN, glad he's out of GB...

My oh My i hope the Pack will regret this move!

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
We do have a very mobile QB now...

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
If people boo Rodgers they need to GTFO! What the hell did Rodgers do here? He was very classy and great throughout this whole thing. I would understand boos if he was cocky and disrespectful and pushed Favre out. But he didn't and he was great throughout this whole thing. Booing him is a joke.

JJohnson0522

Pretty Much...

I wonder when the "For Sale" signs will start popping up in TT's and MM's lawns...:eyebrow:

yaowowrocket11
As the spokesperson for the Jets, I thank the Packers for giving us the opportunity to enjoy Mr. Favre's amazingness, and we will treat him well.

See you in the Super Bowl!

:D

Martz

Agreed

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:25 AM

Yeah I don't think you are understanding it. Maybe that's the wrong word, "understanding." Maybe just not as informed as some others that live and breath Packer football. Iím a freak for the Packers and I soak up as much as my brain will allow. I read crap on over 8 different sites on a daily basis and listen to all the interviews. That said I NEVER heard from anyone that Brett was going to play for more than this season alone. He hasn't known that himself until just last month that he would play this season. It is a really tough situation for Brett and the Packers. I don't feel like the Packers ever chose Aaron over Brett. Brett retired and the Packers committed to the obvious choice. The guy that TT "the tool" drafted. It all comes back to him (Brett) making his choice before he was ready. Like I've said in here before, he shouldíve told the team he needed more time to make one of the most important decisions in his life.

I still love you Brett but you're the enemy now. Regardless of whether we will ever have to play you in the future. If you don't wear Green and Gold you are the enemy.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:25 AM
If people boo Rodgers they need to GTFO! What the hell did Rodgers do here? He was very classy and great throughout this whole thing. I would understand boos if he was cocky and disrespectful and pushed Favre out. But he didn't and he was great throughout this whole thing. Booing him is a joke.

I only say that too because they boo'ed him at the scrimmage when he has done nothing wrong. He really has kept his mouth shut and said the right things. If you guys want to blame someone and boo them then they should be boo'ing TT or Favre.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:26 AM
As the spokesperson for the Jets, I thank the Packers for giving us the opportunity to enjoy Mr. Favre's amazingness, and we will treat him well.

See you in the Super Bowl!

:D

I wouldn't go that far :D

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Agreed
Thank you!

I still love you Brett but you're the enemy now. Regardless of whether we will ever have to play you in the future. If you don't wear Green and Gold you are the enemy.

I agree 100%. Maybe I'm not the only sane one here (besides Wis, and maybe Salsa) ;)

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
It's good that this entire thing is over. The team can officially move forward, and not try to deflect Favre questions at every turn. Right now, everybody on the offense needs to step up, the o-line, Grant, and all the receivers. We'll be fine this season.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Even though I know you guys will boo in week 1, I just hope that most of the Packer fans don't. I don't know if some of you realize this that when you boo it affects players. The player that will be affected most is Rodgers. I know most of you will be basically booing at TT but if you honestly want us to have success with Rodgers you have to get behind him. I realize this post wont make a different and I'm not trying to change the world but it's something I needed to get off my chest.

Packer Fans,

It's over, it's finally over. We've been spoiled for 16 years with one of the greatest to ever play the game. Unfortunetly it ended with an awefully sour taste in all our mouthes, no matter who's side you are on. What's done is done. Rejoice in the fact that we got to see one of the greatest of all time, and cheer him on as he goes. But don't forget about our beloved Green Bay Packers of right now. If ever this team needed us, the fans, it's now.

There is nothing else that can be done now at this point. It's over and we must rally behind this team, and become united. This team needs us more then ever.

EXCELLENT POSTS GUYS
:clap::hi5::cheers:

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I only say that too because they boo'ed him at the scrimmage when he has done nothing wrong. He really has kept his mouth shut and said the right things. If you guys want to blame someone and boo them then they should be boo'ing TT or Favre.

I agree, and I think it's a joke about booing him there.

I would understand booing TT and even MM (even though I don't feel he is at fault for anything here), but booing Rodgers is not right.

I guarantee fans will be on his back like crazy, every missed throw and INT. "Oh Brett would have made that throw."

He is the reality here people, Brett got us to the big game and couldn't win it. Yes the first few years with Rodgers may be tough. But look at Bretts first years, they where brutal. I guess what I'm trying to say is give Aaron a chance, get off his back, and have patience.

/rant

masseycubs
08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
It sucks he is no longer a Packer. I am happier to see him as a Jet in the AFC, than on the Vikings or another NFC team.

SMOKEONTHEWATER
08-07-2008, 12:35 AM
hey guys im a bears fan but im not gonna be a dick. i couldnt imagine how you guys feel. i mean really i cant bc the bears never have a god damn qb. but seriously as much as i hate favre i really could not imagine how you guys feel. sorry and good luck and i look forward to some good trash talkin through the season

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Pretty Much...

I wonder when the "For Sale" signs will start popping up in TT's and MM's lawns...:eyebrow:

It will be a very long time until that happens because they have made this a very good team. As soon as the fans pull there head out of there ***** and quit following #4 like a deer in the headlights they will see that. But there will always be the dumbasses bashing TT, whatever.

guden14
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Im new here but I dont see why everyone is so mad at tt I mean brett put him in a horrible position, I know he lied to him and everything but what were the packers supposed to do, they moved on and he shoudve to, and even mike mccarthy said that brett wasnt in the right mindset to play in green bay

so brett favre is dead to me.....and ive been a packer fan all my life

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Aaron Rodgers is going to be the MVP this season. Write it down.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
hey guys im a bears fan but im not gonna be a dick. i couldnt imagine how you guys feel. i mean really i cant bc the bears never have a god damn qb. but seriously as much as i hate favre i really could not imagine how you guys feel. sorry and good luck and i look forward to some good trash talkin through the season

I respect that. And there should be some good trash talk.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah its pretty much like getting kicked in the nuts, a delayed reaction. Thanks for the understanding words, it's pretty weird coming from a Bears fan. I thought just two days ago when I was in Chicago that I wanted to kill all Bears fans (a big fight that almost broke out between us, damn wife insisted on wearing her Packer jersey) but I can now take you off that list. LOL

jodydavis
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM
I from Chicago but not a bears fan. I've finally now seen management worse than the bears. I always enjoyed watching the packers but an advid skins fan. I'm sad to see Brett go, its just not right. He earned the right to play when he wants for the packers plus hes the best quarterback they had anyways. Dumbest move I've ever seen a team make. You guys should demand the GM and Coach get fired. Better hope Rodgers is good.

chitown712
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Favre has been the QB of this team my whole life, but all good things must come to an end...........Football is a TEAM sport and one player cannot be bigger than the team if they expect to succeed.........It seemed to me that Favre thought he was bigger than the team and could force his way back......Kudos to organization for holding firm.........One player cant be above the rest of the team..........Thanks for the memories Brett and good luck in the Big Apple

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Im new here but I dont see why everyone is so mad at tt I mean brett put him in a horrible position, I know he lied to him and everything but what were the packers supposed to do, they moved on and he shoudve to, and even mike mccarthy said that brett wasnt in the right mindset to play in green bay

so brett favre is dead to me.....and ive been a packer fan all my life
Welcome to PSD man, stay active. I agree, there is way to much TT and MM hate for the team they have put together.

Aaron Rodgers is going to be the MVP this season. Write it down.
First of all no he won't. Second of all dude you are crazy. One minute you are *****ing about the FO and how we are ****ed with Rodgers and how you hopes he blows his ACL, now you are talking MVP for him? You are flip flopping more than Favre right now.

I give you props for coming in here in a good and respectful way. Good luck and see you this season.

BigDaddyKaine
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
:(:mad::confused::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::speechl ess::sigh::violin::down::no::bang::crazy::censored ::faint::badidea::ouch::bs::puke:

BigDaddyKaine
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks For Everything Brett... you will be missed

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Haha I'm sorry man but this is a great quote.

Haha very funny and it is a great quote.I still believe that Rodgers will be a good QB but now I will look at him differently and I cant help it but I will.Favre will without a doubt be missed by me and wont forget what he has done for the Pack.The memory I will remember the most is when his dad died he came out the day after and put on one of the greatest performances in NFL history.You will be missed Brett and I cant wait until he plays the Fins in Miami so I can go and see it

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
:QUOTE=socalpkrbkr;6185945]What! No not really at all! WTF?[/QUOTE]

I think it would be ****ing hilarious. Rodgers has played in what, 2 games in his career? He got hurt in both of them. The guy is made of glass. Both sides are at fault here. Not just TT, but Favre as well. If the Packers were willing to take Favre back why wouldn't they have said so in the first place? Why try and bribe him to stay retired? Favre shouldn't be such a little *****, "the Packers said some mean things about me :cry:". **** your mother Favre. Both sides need to just grow the **** up. If they both could just forgive and ****ing forget and like professionals, the greatest quarterback in Packers history, possibly the history of all of football, would still be wearing a Packers uniform. This is truly a sad day. :( pity:[

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah Favre will definately always be remembered as a Packer.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
This will have to be Brett's last year...right?

chitown712
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM

I sure as hell hope so............the longer he plays, the worse this looks

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I think it would be ****ing hilarious. Rodgers has played in what, 2 games in his career? He got hurt in both of them.

He got hurt in one game. I believe his other injury was a hamstring that he hurt in practice.

OnWisconsin2007
08-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I think it would be ****ing hilarious. Rodgers has played in what, 2 games in his career? He got hurt in both of them.

He got hurt in one game. I believe his other injury was a hamstring that he hurt in practice.[/QUOTE]

Still not a good sign...

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:54 AM
^How did you get that as my quote? I didn't say that.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:55 AM

I'd say so. I think it depends on how they do this year. If they do well I could see him coming back for one more after this. But nothing more than that. I really don't know how effective he will be to be honest, of course he will be better than the Jets current QBs. But the past three years he has only had one good year and he was playing in a very good offense. I will be very interested to see how he does this year.

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Just hope we dont regret this decision

minnesotaviking
08-07-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm glad to see that most of you guys are on Favre's side of this whole fiasco. I have to say that I can't believe how this all turned out. For me it will be a relief to not see him anymore, but i will miss what he brought to the games between our teams. He is one of the greatest to ever play the game, and i wish him the best of luck. I know it will be hard for you to move past this whole thing, but at least now it will be over. There will be plenty of excitement this year without Favre, especially the season opener. See you in September!!

AFlagRules
08-07-2008, 01:01 AM
The weirdest thing is going to see him wearing a Jets jersey. Now all we can hope for is that Rodgers steps in and plays "well", and we start to move forward again as a franchise.

cwilson21
08-07-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm actually kind of half-hoping that Rodgers plays well (not against us though) so that people won't be calling for his head the whole season.

JJohnson0522
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM

Now where have i heard that before??

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
After 17 years, or my entire lifetime, of having a dependable, HOF calibre QB, we are about to re-embark on the Packers fail bus journey of the 70's and 80's quarterbacks with the exception of Lynn Dickey and Majic Don.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Hey Jet fans good luck with Brett melting in big games. I know always does it. Throws a deep bomb into triple coverage into big games. When we have a wide open player for a first down. But we get the pick. They either score or are in scoring position. That I wont miss about Brett. He was awesome through 16 years. But big games he was brain dead until our Super Bowl win over Patriots. After that forget it. Look at our playoff % with Favre last few years. Its not to hot. Hes a awesome qb in average games. But once your team is face big time over hyped teams forget it.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:12 AM
After 17 years, or my entire lifetime, of having a dependable, HOF calibre QB, we are about to re-embark on the Packers fail bus journey of the 70's and 80's quarterbacks with the exception of Lynn Dickey and Majic Don.

How the **** do you know? Give the kid a chance. When Favre first started he looked less than great and alot of people hated. This also a much better team than the teams of the 70s and 80s.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm actually kind of half-hoping that Rodgers plays well (not against us though) so that people won't be calling for his head the whole season.

He will have his chance to succeed. The fans that know whatís up wonít be calling for his head until all is lost for this season. I'm behind him (no homo) 100% I think with what we had and should still have going on offense that it would be hard for him to fail. No I donít think Aaron is going to come right in and make all the throws that Brett made but if he can make half to three quarters as many then we will be fine. We will have to give and take at the QB spot this year as fans. I pray that the learning curve isnít to high for Aaron to succeed this season.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:16 AM
It just set in for me that he's gone. The guy I loved growing up and idolized. He is my favorite player of all time and I love the guy. But I am still a die hard and life long Packers fan and that's what comes first. Brett is sadly the enemy now, but I wish him the best and I hope his legacy isn't tarnished any more.

Dabull311
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I just found out about the news of Favre getting traded to the Jets. I only hope that the Packers got a good pick from the Jets. I hope they either got a 3rd or 2nd round pick from them with compensation of maybe getting a 1st round pick if he plays well thier. The Packers will now move on with Aaron Rodgers, but I hope he stays healthy other wise this move was very dumb, if he gets hurt and is out for the season I only hope that Brohm is ready and can step in other wise I think Ted will get fired from how he handled the Brett Favre situation.

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Wow. Well living in jersey I have many jets fans. I was happy for them at first. Then I thought about it and lost it. Said the F word (I honestly do not curse much) a million times. Threw a TV remote into the ground as hard as I could. Threw a ladder into the wall. Im feeling a little better now. TT and MMs legacies hinge on this decision. Good luck Brett and maybe Ill make my way over week 8 since were off that week. Still love the guy as much as I always have.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Wow. Well living in jersey I have many jets fans. I was happy for them at first. Then I thought about it and lost it. Said the F word (I honestly do not curse much) a million times. Threw a TV remote into the ground as hard as I could. Threw a ladder into the wall. Im feeling a little better now. TT and MMs legacies hinge on this decision. Good luck Brett and maybe Ill make my way over week 8 since were off that week. Still love the guy as much as I always have.

Your absolutely right.

salsa
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
im not sure if this has been posted already but here is the exact deal that we get back..

If brett takes 50% of the snaps then we get a Third Round Pick

If brett takes 70% of the snaps then we get a Second Round Pick

If brett takes 80% of the snaps then we get a First Round Pick

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 01:25 AM
im not sure if this has been posted already but here is the exact deal that we get back..

and make it to the Super Bowl for the first round pick

TMacIsNumba1
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
I am from Chicago..So I'm obviously a BEARS Fan to a certain degree, although was more of a fan of the 80's Bears then I am of the Current Team Now..With that said I have always liked Brett Farve, man he is Football, he reminds us of why we enjoy the game like we do..He played with such joy, kid-like enthusiam, reminded you of us when we were little kids playing and we really had no idea how to to play lol, but we still loved to. Reminded us of how we looked out there playing in the Parks on early Sunday mornings, getting the local boys in the neighborhood together to play a game.

To let him just go like that,,,,,,,bad,bad,bad on the Packer's Organization..He WAS and IS Green Bay Packers Football..That's like if Da Bears would of let the Great Walter Payton go play for the Jets, are you kidding me!? Would of NEVER happened..Brett is an icon, a State Of Wisconsin Legend, one of the very best to ever play at his position in the NFL..All he wanted was to start, that's too much to ask from an Organization that for the last 15years he has put on the map in the World of Sports? Ok I know eventaully an organization, Team, has to move on, sure, but it's not like he had nothing left, give me a break..Man it's gonna have to kill you guys to watch him wear another Green knowing that there's no way he shouldn't be in a Packer's uniform as you're watching him trot out to the chants of J-E-T-T-S-S-S ...One more time, bad,bad,bad

b530
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Damn, this must suck more than Favre retiring for most of you guys.
Well, good luck this season.. There's gonna be a whole lot of pressure on Rodgers.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 01:29 AM

No it hasn't good deal. I think theres a good chance he could take 80% of the snaps. That means that will be in playoff run at least.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:29 AM
[/B]

and make it to the Super Bowl for the first round pick

And the playoffs for the Second Rounder.

LegendsNeverDie
08-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Guys I know its tough to believe and hard to swallow. But we can't do anything about it now and complaining and calling for peoples heads won't do us much good at this point. So hell lets move on and see what the team can do. Although I am sure we're all upset about Favre being gone and TT handling things the way he has. In the end he has given the team talent and a chance to win(although most agree our chances are greater with favre) even if not the way we've wanted it.
Yes this sucks but now we have to support our team we have always loved and chant for rodgers. We all have our doubts and worries its natural after what we've been accustomed to for 16 seasons. But with negativity only brings more distraction and pressure.
So why we all are Favre fans we're also packer fans. Cheer for the packers on sundays and root for brett. And if you really hate TT which no one is to happy with right now. Instead of hoping the team does bad so he gets fired, pray he gets caught with crack or something not affecting the team.:no:

XJW18
08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
honestly, right now, it has not sunk in at all. i really have no emotions towards it
2 posts later

i am just stunned.. almost literally want to cry right now.

wow, hit u quiker than u expected huh

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 01:33 AM
And the playoffs for the Second Rounder.

No way do the Jets get to the Super Bowl, OK give it less then 5%. So were looking at a coin flip between a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. 50/50 the Jets make the playoffs. What do you think?

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 01:33 AM
I am from Chicago..So I'm obviously a BEARS Fan to a certain degree, although was more of a fan of the 80's Bears then I am of the Current Team Now..With that said I have always liked Brett Farve, man he is Football, he reminds us of why we enjoy the game like we do..He played with such joy, kid-like enthusiam, reminded you of us when we were little kids playing and we really had no idea how to to play lol, but we still loved to. Reminded us of how we looked out there playing in the Parks on early Sunday mornings, getting the local boys in the neighborhood together to play a game.

To let him just go like that,,,,,,,bad,bad,bad on the Packer's Organization..He WAS and IS Green Bay Packers Football..That's like if Da Bears would of let the Great Walter Payton go play for the Jets, are you kidding me!? Would of NEVER happened..Brett is an icon, a State Of Wisconsin Legend, one of the very best to ever play at his position in the NFL..All he wanted was to start, that's too much to ask from an Organization that for the last 15years he has put on the map in the World of Sports? Ok I know eventaully an organization, Team, has to move on, sure, but it's not like he had nothing left, give me a break..Man it's gonna have to kill you guys to watch him wear another Green knowing that there's no way he shouldn't be in a Packer's uniform as you're watching him trot out to the chants of J-E-T-T-S-S-S ...One more time, bad,bad,bad

Once again. The blame does not fall squarely on TT, MM, and Murphy. Favre is a little *****. Both sides are to blame for the problems.

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Pack FIRST. No one player is bigger than the game. Favre will always be my role model but the Green Bay Packers will alway be the ones I root for first. Go Pack Go!

TMacIsNumba1
08-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Once again. The blame does not fall squarely on TT, MM, and Murphy. Favre is a little *****. Both sides are to blame for the problems.

You would of rather got Harden instead of C.C?

newdude
08-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Hey Jet fans good luck with Brett melting in big games. I know always does it. Throws a deep bomb into triple coverage into big games. When we have a wide open player for a first down. But we get the pick. They either score or are in scoring position. That I wont miss about Brett. He was awesome through 16 years. But big games he was brain dead until our Super Bowl win over Patriots. After that forget it. Look at our playoff % with Favre last few years. Its not to hot. Hes a awesome qb in average games. But once your team is face big time over hyped teams forget it.

Dude, is that all u can say? This man had been the face of the franchise for 16 seasons, show some respect. If u bring that up, why don't we all go "Peyton Manning sux, blah, blah, blah" since he's not that stellar in playoffs also. It's so easy to blame one guy, when our whole team failed in those playoff games too, it's not a one man game.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Pack FIRST. No one player is bigger than the game. Favre will always be my role model but the Green Bay Packers will alway be the ones I root for first. Go Pack Go!

Good post.

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 01:40 AM
You would of rather got Harden instead of C.C?

No...I lost a sig bet.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:43 AM
No way do the Jets get to the Super Bowl, OK give it less then 5%. So were looking at a coin flip between a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. 50/50 the Jets make the playoffs. What do you think?

I am happy with the deal.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:44 AM
If you want to see fair weather at it's finest check out tripleplays thread in the Jets forum. Pathetic. :pity:

TMacIsNumba1
08-07-2008, 01:45 AM
No...I lost a sig bet.

Ah ok..Ok, I know maybe I shouldn't, but, too hard to resist..

It's a Cubbies World this Year and every other team in the Midwest is just living in it ;)

♫ HEY CHICAGO WUDUYA SAY, THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY, GO CUBS GOO, GO CUBS GOOO, HEY CHICAGO WUDUYA SAY, THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY ♫

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Good post.

Thanks buddy. I hope we all can agree with that.

chitown712
08-07-2008, 01:46 AM
And a trade to the Vikings is basically blocked.........if Favre is traded to the Vikings, Green Bay recieves 3 first round picks from the Jets

Brewersin08
08-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Ah ok..Ok, I know maybe I shouldn't, but, too hard to resist..

It's a Cubbies World this Year and every other team in the Midwest is just living in it ;)

♫ HEY CHICAGO WUDUYA SAY, THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY, GO CUBS GOO, GO CUBS GOOO, HEY CHICAGO WUDUYA SAY, THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY ♫

Right. Until the Cubs world meets the Angels world in the world series and the Cubs world becomes a nuclear winter after the Angels sweep them in 4 games.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 01:48 AM
If you want to see fair weather at it's finest check out tripleplays thread in the Jets forum. Pathetic. :pity:

LOL
I saw that garbage too. Whatever, he wasn't no Packers fan anyway. I'm sure a lot of these so called Packers fans will disappear and we will be left with the real fans.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks buddy. I hope we all can agree with that.
You should post here more often bro.

And a trade to the Vikings is basically blocked.........if Favre is traded to the Vikings, Green Bay recieves 3 first round picks from the Jets
Awesome. Great job by TT. :D

LOL
I saw that garbage too. Whatever, he wasn't no Packers fan anyway. I'm sure a lot of these so called Packers fans will disappear and we will be left with the real fans.
I've been arguing over there about what being a fan is about for awhile, feel free to back me up. :D

I also love the fact that we will lose alot of fair weather fans. I would rather them not even be fans than anything.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Thats awesome. You got any type of source for that.

LOL
Yeah I can't wait for the doom and gloom to get here tomorrow.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 01:58 AM

Ha ha

I love the PACKERS, GO PACK GO!!!!

METS4LIFE1988
08-07-2008, 01:59 AM
He's coming to the City that never sleeps :D

newdude
08-07-2008, 02:00 AM
LOL

Lol, the board will be decreased in traffic by tomorrow. Good for my connection:D

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 02:00 AM
You should post here more often bro.

I know Im just hardly ever in front of the computer. Yo Im watching NFL Network right now and that piece narrorated by Billy Bob Thorton is AWESOME

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM
He's coming to the City that never sleeps :D

Yeah and Brett was supposedly stressed out by having nearly 100 people camped out at his house. Wait till he has the New York media crawling up his *** 24/7 I can't believe he wanted to comeback and play so bad that he would do it for another team. WOW just WOW!

METS4LIFE1988
08-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Yeah and Brett was supposedly stressed out by having nearly 100 people camped out at his house. Wait till he has the New York media crawling up his *** 24/7 I can't believe he wanted to comeback and play so bad that he would do it for another team. WOW just WOW!

Good luck to him.

NY Media loves to eat professional players alive.

chitown712
08-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Thats awesome. You got any type of source for that.

Profootballtalk had it........reported from the NFL Network

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
The more I think about it now Im getting more excited. No more distraction and after a few days alot less Favre coverage. Im pumped for our running game. lol

wissportsfan
Profootballtalk had it........reported from the NFL Network

Alright thanks.

I don't hold PFT that high on a reliable source but NFL Network is pretty good.

socalpkrbkr
Good luck to him.

NY Media loves to eat professional players alive.

and Brett will be no different when it comes to that Media. He had better produce big time for the Jets or ewwww weeeee it might be ugly.

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 02:10 AM
The more I think about it now Im getting more excited. No more distraction and after a few days alot less Favre coverage. Im pumped for our running game. lol

Try to keep that excitement up for tomorrow when people try to shoot you down lol. I can't wait for 12's 4 threads that all express his anger for TT.

XJW18
08-07-2008, 02:10 AM
LOL

I AGREE, pretty soon there will be 15 of us still left.
HA

gbpack415
08-07-2008, 02:12 AM
I AGREE, pretty soon there will be 15 of us still left.
HA

I can assure you that I will MOST DEFINITELY be one of them!

Brunner
08-07-2008, 02:13 AM
I dont want to start a war so my statement will be brief.

**** you TT, I hope you realize what a bad move this was and spend the rest of your life, after you are fired, begging Brett Favre to let you mow his lawn for money. Say I'm not a Packer fan if you want, but this team barely resembles the one I grew up with and loved. I am not even excited for this season.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:14 AM
I am not even excited for this season.

^:speechless:

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 02:21 AM
socal, I think you need a new sig. :D

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:21 AM
From newyorkjets.com comes a brief statement from Jets owner Woody Johnson:

I am looking forward to seeing Brett Favre in a New York Jets uniform. He represents a significant addition to this franchise, and reflects our commitment to putting the best possible product on the field. Mike Tannenbaum and his football administration staff did a great job of navigating this complex process. I am excited about welcoming Brett, Deanna and their family to the Jets organization."

Is that a jab at Ted Thompson?

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 02:22 AM
I can't believe I wasted my 5K post in tripleplays thread on the Jets forum, without even noticing. LAME! :mad:

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 02:22 AM
From newyorkjets.com comes a brief statement from Jets owner Woody Johnson:

I am looking forward to seeing Brett Favre in a New York Jets uniform. He represents a significant addition to this franchise, and reflects our commitment to putting the best possible product on the field. Mike Tannenbaum and his football administration staff did a great job of navigating this complex process. I am excited about welcoming Brett, Deanna and their family to the Jets organization."

Is that a jab at Ted Thompson?

I don't think it is.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:25 AM
socal, I think you need a new sig. :D

Youre right....:(

I will have to work on it. I was going to mess with it tonight but then I wouldn't be able to bs with you guys and read all the Packers news. Maybe tomorrow or..... I don't know, damn. DAMN! It's like I just got kicked in the nuts again.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
I don't think it is.

I thought it was funny because I was questioning that this whole time.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Youre right....:(

I will have to work on it. I was going to mess with it tonight but then I wouldn't be able to bs with you guys and read all the Packers news. Maybe tomorrow or..... I don't know, damn. DAMN! It's like I just got kicked in the nuts again.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I just think about this season. And most importantly the next few down the road. And I can't wait, and honestly forget all about him. I am so ready to move on right now, I completely understand were the FO was coming from.

StickyGreenFan
08-07-2008, 02:31 AM
man im excited as hell to see what plays out this season. time for the packers to shut up ciritcs and handle business. monday night against vikings (ill be there) the cowboys game, the colts game, the jags games, its gonna be tha ****! and oh yea who else is gonna watch both patriots/jets games?? superbowl this year....hopefully

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 02:44 AM
^adios

mntnvew
08-07-2008, 02:48 AM
I dont want to start a war so my statement will be brief.

**** you TT, I hope you realize what a bad move this was and spend the rest of your life, after you are fired, begging Brett Favre to let you mow his lawn for money. Say I'm not a Packer fan if you want, but this team barely resembles the one I grew up with and loved. I am not even excited for this season.

I cant agree more, it is a stinking CORPORATION now, not a small-town football team. When you kick the best there ever was out the door, you obviously don't give a cr@p about football, only the business side of things.

I am sick of Ari F. BS spewing from MM and TT and MarkM mouth, it is bullsh1t just like all the crap our politicians spew. Not a word of it can be taken as fact, just BS for the ignorant in society!

AcmePack14
08-07-2008, 03:06 AM
bubba is on the jets too.. and ive always liked thomas jones... and the better the jets do the better the draft pick is... so i think im gonna have a hard time not rooting for the jets

Urbs
08-07-2008, 04:11 AM
You know whats really really funny about all this.??

People who support thompson say this is going to help the long term success of the packers..

It wont! Because Rodgers is an injury waiting to happen. he will get hurt this year and next, the pack wont re-sign him because every packer fan will hate him for being the reason a true all-pro was kicked out of town. He wont re-sign and will be gone.., The packers will have been dragged through the mud for nothing and Favre will be gone for nothing.. TO HELL WITH ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT...

LivingLegend09
08-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Look... I understand TT and MM forced Brett out of town, but even Brett said he couldn't get past all that was said even when GB welcomed him back. He knew it was best for both sides to part and didn't want to step on Aaron Rodger's toes. I think both sides respect each other and have obviously come to an agreement. I'm a Favre fan first, Packers fan second... so if Favre didn't want to press for anything in GB and wanted to leave for NY... then I guess my support goes there too.

The Packers do have a good team though, and you should be at least proud that your team is focussed regardless. I think its wrong for anyone to wish ill on A-Rodg (I refuse to call him A-Rod, that guy plays baseball) because he's done nothing wrong. He's just trying to play football. Forget this mess, and back your quarterback, and your team. We Jets fans will treat Favre well. Maybe we'll meet in the SB? May the best team win! Oh, and watch out, Chad Pennington may end up in Minnesota ;) HA!

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Thye real reason why Favre left was because he knew Rodgers was gonna go Tonya Harding on him and take a lead pipe to the leg of Favre so he can start lol.But on the Favre situation he is my favorite QB in the league and still is but the Pack are my favorite team and they come first but I cant help to want to do like Katt Williams and slap the dog **** out of Thompson.Just like everyone on all the shows the past month have said and some guys here as well have said Ted just wants his team out there that he built and doesnt want to here no more of Favre's Packers but Ted's Packers.Dont get me wrong I respect Thompson for the team they have put together but I hate him and the way Favre has been treated no matter what he did.Good luck Favre you will be missed by almost everyone on this board

LivingLegend09
08-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Good luck the Pack! Maybe Favre reaches the Superbowl, and Thompson is fired! Then the following year, Rodgers' Pack wins the Superbowl! Everyone is happy except TT! The way it should be.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM

I don't think he meant HA HA funny I think he meant ironic funny, like poetic jutice for thompson. obviously it wouldn't be funny. injuries are only funny when they happen to the bears or the vikes.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
sad to lose the player

favre hasn't cause this contoversy. thompson has. he's been pushing this HOF QB out the door for three years trying to get his own QB in. Idon't blame favre one bit.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
bubba is on the jets too.. and ive always liked thomas jones... and the better the jets do the better the draft pick is... so i think im gonna have a hard time not rooting for the jets

of course you root for the jets. not like we root for the pack, but I still want to see brett do well, and it will mean a better pick from the jets. I'm a packer fan for life, and I think TT is a great general manager. I just think he dropped the ball on this one huge issue. The pack will be OK without favre and favre will be OK without the pack and I can root for them both unless they play each other (super bowl?) in which case I hope the pack wins 97-0.

mr. burns
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Thye real reason why Favre left was because he knew Rodgers was gonna go Tonya Harding on him and take a lead pipe to the leg of Favre so he can start lol.But on the Favre situation he is my favorite QB in the league and still is but the Pack are my favorite team and they come first but I cant help to want to do like Katt Williams and slap the dog **** out of Thompson.Just like everyone on all the shows the past month have said and some guys here as well have said Ted just wants his team out there that he built and doesnt want to here no more of Favre's Packers but Ted's Packers.Dont get me wrong I respect Thompson for the team they have put together but I hate him and the way Favre has been treated no matter what he did.Good luck Favre you will be missed by almost everyone on this board

well put. If I had read your post I wouldn't have had to post my previous response.

Badger's Badger
08-07-2008, 10:00 AM
LOL

Here Here. I long for the day that the bandwagon Packers (Favre) fans go away and we are left with True Pack fans!!

Go Pack Go!! :clap:

IndiansFan337
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
The Jets should have kept Vilma is they wanted to go for it all within the next 1-2 years.

Adding Favre most certainly is an upgrade & will improve this team a few wins.

It's a sad day to see Favre leave the Packers.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 10:55 AM
favre hasn't cause this contoversy. thompson has. he's been pushing this HOF QB out the door for three years trying to get his own QB in. Idon't blame favre one bit.

favre started it

TT made it worse

favre made it even worse and finished it

everyone is to blame, but if i had to make odds 60% favre 40% packers admin

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
anyone else hear what the packers got in the deal?

that if the jets deal him to the queens we get 3 1st round picks??

thats weird

newdude
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
favre started it

TT made it worse

favre made it even worse and finished it

everyone is to blame, but if i had to make odds 60% favre 40% packers admin

How did Favre make it worse? Did he bribe the team to take him back? Oh wait. Yes, he started it, but TT sure did prolonged the hell out of it. If in the beginning they straight up allow competition, then this whole messed wouldn't have happened and Favre wouldn't be this pissed at the management.

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Ugh, god, enough with the *****ing. The stupid 'is it Favre's fault or Thompson's fault' should be put to bed, it's been going on for weeks now.

Brendan
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Good deal guys. You guys got a nice price for Favre, pretty much a 3rd or 2nd rounder. Now that he is gone the Vikings and Packers can both move on and focus on our season opener. Should be exciting

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to see what Ted Thompson does with the pick....(holding laughter)

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Good deal guys. You guys got a nice price for Favre, pretty much a 3rd or 2nd rounder. Now that he is gone the Vikings and Packers can both move on and focus on our season opener. Should be exciting

Thanks B. I thought it was a good deal considering the circumstances. Of course were pulling for a first rounder but I'm perfectly OK with a second rounder. Do you think your boys are going to score this time? Ha ha

newdude
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Can't wait to see what Ted Thompson does with the pick....(holding laughter)

Well u know, he's going to trade it away to get a few more of the precious picks:)

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Well u know, he's going to trade it away to get a few more of the precious picks:)

I can't wait for Thompson to trade the pick down so we can pick up a pair of medicore/awful OG's! :clap:

newdude
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Hell yeah, that's the spirit!!

MiamiHeat
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
finally this is over thank god!
now we gotta hear about how the trade happened and stuff, but for you die hard packers or brett fans i feel your pain man i dont know what i would do if wade leaves miami heat it would be really tough

papipapsmanny
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
see know i hate aaron rodgers, im sick of his little smirk knowing that he was going to be the starter

uhh the guy just pissed me off

wissportsfan
08-07-2008, 03:02 PM
i am sorry to say I was a packer fan because of #4, I know he wasnt the whole team but he sure did make it fun to watch... more so then any other QB EVER in the game.

I am heading over to the Jets board, and have already ordered my #4 Jets jersey...

I hope AR sucks and he, TT and MM are ran out of GB next year, all they had to do was publicly apologize for the lies they started about Favre and he would have jumped back on board. A LEGEND deserves that much, TT has NO legend status, and MM only won as many games as he did partly because of #4, he is going to see that and realize that he ran the wrong person out of GB. The crap the FO spews is disgusting and honestly, if you believe FO over #4 you were never a real football fan, because football is played on a field, not in an office (yeah yeah I know all the BS about FO selecting players) but it is the playing of the game that makes the fans watch, not the cr@p TT or other GM's do on a daily basis that makes it fun to watch.

It has been fun!, I got a BOATLOAD of non-Favre packers crap to put up on ebay, so keep your eyes peeled :)

GO JETS!

I really don't get fans like this. I realize Favre made the Packers for the past 16 years but just because he's gone you don't support the Packers. When he retires what happens then? You go follow another hall of famer? It saddens me some of you "fans". :pity:

ugottabjoshinme
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I really don't get fans like this. I realize Favre made the Packers for the past 16 years but just because he's gone you don't support the Packers. When he retires what happens then? You go follow another hall of famer? It saddens me some of you "fans". :pity:

when he retires that guy is obviously not going to watch football anymore....:sigh:

harborboy
08-07-2008, 03:42 PM
great article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-favrerodgers080508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 05:31 PM
that article kinda reminds me of the speech that the oregon state coach had when he ranted and said "im a man, im 40"...

that a lot of packer fans keep beating on aaron and saying he has no chance, and will suck, and the packers will be lucky to win 6 games...and all of that stuff

and they dont realize that they are harping on a kid whos done everything right...hes been patient, hes never once said how unfair it is to him, hes never once lashed out and said that this whole situation is stupid, or that it's all someones fault.

the only thing he has done is allowed himself to be interviewed after literally every single practice (except for two) and answered the same questions over and over in the same way, and having to live with the fact that his career has been doomed before it even started

and none of it is his fault

Martz
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
that article kinda reminds me of the speech that the oregon state coach had when he ranted and said "im a man, im 40"...

that a lot of packer fans keep beating on aaron and saying he has no chance, and will suck, and the packers will be lucky to win 6 games...and all of that stuff

and they dont realize that they are harping on a kid whos done everything right...hes been patient, hes never once said how unfair it is to him, hes never once lashed out and said that this whole situation is stupid, or that it's all someones fault.

the only thing he has done is allowed himself to be interviewed after literally every single practice (except for two) and answered the same questions over and over in the same way, and having to live with the fact that his career has been doomed before it even started

and none of it is his fault

I thought it was Oklahoma state.

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Isn't he now unemployed?

robdizzle3
08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
It still just gets to me how Favre got traded and I understand that he has thought about retirement for some time but we all knew he wanted to play when he came back after the 4-12 season,the the 8-8 season with no Randy Moss and at that time A-Rod wasnt ready to step in so they needed Favre and he came through for us but now when Ted decides he doesnt need Favre anymore so he trades him away?He wasnt saying that last year when Rod wasnt ready and wouldnt have taken the team to a 13-3 season because he wasnt even mentioned until the Cowboys game when he played well but what about the first game he played in he got injured and dont get me wrong I still believe that A-Rod will be a good QB but just cant get over the Favre thing but in time I will

cardinals45
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
see know i hate aaron rodgers, im sick of his little smirk knowing that he was going to be the starter

uhh the guy just pissed me off

wow. what a stupid reason. another stupid fan that thinks rodgers sucks even though he hasnt even gotten his chance yet.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM

oh yeah.....i think youre right

oops

Norm
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
No brainer.

Everyone knew Rodgers was the future already.

:rolleyes:

Christ Almighty.

TheBigCheese12
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Might as well go support the Bears if the Packers are going to pull this type of shenanigans.

I wonder if he is rooting for the Bears?

time4change
08-01-2013, 06:22 PM
No brainer.

Everyone knew Rodgers was the future already.

Christ Almighty.

Keep pulling up these threads to prove ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Christ Almighty

Norm
08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Keep pulling up these threads to prove ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Christ Almighty

I don't want to get in a pissing match with you but it proves that memories get distorted over time. We remember all the times we wanted to do something that was right and slowly forget the things we wanted to do that were wrong.

I was not a guy jumping up and down for Rodgers. I really sat on the fence like a ***** blindly believing in Ted but at the same time a bit tired of the back and forth with Rodgers.

There was NOT an overwhelming call to move on nor did most people think he was this super smart great future QB with all sorts of talent. Most of us liked him, not loved him. We thought Favre had 3 more years.

I'm willing to bet had you been on here or was I able to talk to you at that time, you were not calling it a no brainer move.

It proves plenty for what I was arguing. It was NOT a no brainer around here and PSD was a pretty good reflection of Packer nation.

Sorry bud.

time4change
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't want to get in a pissing match with you but it proves that memories get distorted over time. We remember all the times we wanted to do something that was right and slowly forget the things we wanted to do that were wrong.

I was not a guy jumping up and down for Rodgers. I really sat on the fence like a ***** blindly believing in Ted but at the same time a bit tired of the back and forth with Rodgers.

There was NOT an overwhelming call to move on nor did most people think he was this super smart great future QB with all sorts of talent. Most of us liked him, not loved him. We thought Favre had 3 more years.

I'm willing to bet had you been on here or was I able to talk to you at that time, you were not calling it a no brainer move.

It proves plenty for what I was arguing. It was NOT a no brainer around here and PSD was a pretty good reflection of Packer nation.

Sorry bud.

I was on here. And while I wouldn't say I ever said it was a no brainer I have been a fan of Rodgers since before the Packers drafted him.

I'm not going to get into another pissing match with you Norm, all I was saying from the beginning of this was for management, the whole Favre or Rodgers debacle wasn't as much of a debacle as some make it out to be, Rodgers was younger, talented and I would like to think that franchises tend to make more proactive decisions rather than live in the past and base decisions off of what their fan base thinks.

Kevolu
08-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I was on here. And while I wouldn't say I ever said it was a no brainer I have been a fan of Rodgers since before the Packers drafted him.

I'm not going to get into another pissing match with you Norm, all I was saying from the beginning of this was for management, the whole Favre or Rodgers debacle wasn't as much of a debacle as some make it out to be, Rodgers was younger, talented and I would like to think that franchises tend to make more proactive decisions rather than live in the past and base decisions off of what their fan base thinks.

I was a fan first!

Before4
08-01-2013, 11:31 PM
:eyebrow:

Norm
08-01-2013, 11:44 PM

So this is your dupe after you got perma'd the first time?

I don't give a **** about management. That was a tough decision NOT a no brainer first of all for Ted. I know he believed it was correct but that took some balls and I'm sure it wasn't easy.

But I was never talking about management. I was talking about all this armchair GMs that cry about Lynch that would have kept Favre over Rodgers.

They think they're so brilliant and Ted is a moron who doesn't get it or refuses to make the necessary moves but it's bull ****.

Our mod at the time thought BROHM was better. Such a no brainer.

gbpackers12
08-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I didn't want Rodgers. I wanted ole #4 in there until he couldn't pick up a football. Good thing I'm not GM. :laugh2:

n8ghee
08-02-2013, 01:54 AM
the easy choice for TT would to have given the starting job to favre....going with rodgers or even saying that it would be a competition was what most people viewed as him committing GM suicide. Analysts and fans alike.

time4change
08-02-2013, 06:43 AM
So this is your dupe after you got perma'd the first time?

I don't give a **** about management. That was a tough decision NOT a no brainer first of all for Ted. I know he believed it was correct but that took some balls and I'm sure it wasn't easy.

But I was never talking about management. I was talking about all this armchair GMs that cry about Lynch that would have kept Favre over Rodgers.

They think they're so brilliant and Ted is a moron who doesn't get it or refuses to make the necessary moves but it's bull ****.

Our mod at the time thought BROHM was better. Such a no brainer.

Nope.

Tough decisions always take balls.

Unlike throwing mud on PSD.

Ever since I CLARIFIED that I was talking about management that's what I've been talking about. Again, I could care less what the PSD "Armchair" GM's think.

And stop using previous posters who aren't even here anymore as examples. Look at some of Hughest' posts, now you're going to tell me everything the guy had to say should've been taken so seriously.Come on.

Also, being a "mod" doesn't mean that you know anything about the game at all. Just means you have time to filter through all the ******** on the website.

time4change
08-02-2013, 06:44 AM
the easy choice for TT would to have given the starting job to favre....going with rodgers or even saying that it would be a competition was what most people viewed as him committing GM suicide. Analysts and fans alike.

Not when your running a franchise and your talking about SUSTAINING a winning a culture.

Norm
08-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Nope.

Tough decisions always take balls.

Unlike throwing mud on PSD.

Ever since I CLARIFIED that I was talking about management that's what I've been talking about. Again, I could care less what the PSD "Armchair" GM's think.

And stop using previous posters who aren't even here anymore as examples. Look at some of Hughest' posts, now you're going to tell me everything the guy had to say should've been taken so seriously.Come on.

Also, being a "mod" doesn't mean that you know anything about the game at all. Just means you have time to filter through all the ******** on the website.
Throwing mud? You said something I don't agree with. I'm not hear for handshakes and high fives. If you say something that's wrong. I'm going to tell you what and why. Sorry I don't play in the new era of everyone gets a trophy and all opinions are equal. Yours is wrong and garbage hindsight based revisionist history.

You didn't clarify ****. The conversation was about Lynch being a no brainer. If it was a no brainer for management, why didn't they do it? Guess it wasn't then. So now you have to go back and admit it wasn't a no brainer for management to trade for Lynch since they didn't do it and that's what you said.

You're just trying to wipe the egg off your face with grace and failing.

Why does it matter if they're here or not? They were the Packer's fans. It was a snapshot of what we all thought at the time. Seems like another bull **** way to dismiss the feelings at the time about the situation. You have no leg to stand on and are grasping hard.

Mod doesn't mean anything but he wasn't some loose cannon crazy poster who just came in a couple times to freak out. That was the point.

The last part pretty much proves you know I put you in the corner. You had to basically personally bash me for having the time......took me 60 seconds. Oh man. I'm such a loser. Obviously if I have free time it means that I don't know anything about football and if I have free time on a Thursday afternoon it definitely means like my opinions on a given subject are wrong.

Welcome to ignore

time4IveneverbeenwrongandifihaveImakeupBStotryandb ackpedalmywayawayfromanycommentsImadetheninsultNor mpersonallysoitlookslikehesabigmeanywithtoomuchfre etimesoIfeellikeIwontheargument.

Peace. Nice knowing you......not really though.

Not when your running a franchise and your talking about SUSTAINING a winning a culture.

Yeah, now everyone thinks Ted is a genius. Again, you're the king of rewriting history. It was not considered a no brainer for management. I'm sure Ted thought it was correct. This isn't debatable. He also thought drafting Justin Harrell was correct. And not trading for Lynch......

Somethings work out and some don't. When they do it doesn't make them all no brainers 5 years later.

time4change
08-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Throwing mud? You said something I don't agree with. I'm not hear for handshakes and high fives. If you say something that's wrong. I'm going to tell you what and why. Sorry I don't play in the new era of everyone gets a trophy and all opinions are equal. Yours is wrong and garbage hindsight based revisionist history.

You didn't clarify ****. The conversation was about Lynch being a no brainer. If it was a no brainer for management, why didn't they do it? Guess it wasn't then. So now you have to go back and admit it wasn't a no brainer for management to trade for Lynch since they didn't do it and that's what you said.

Why does it matter if they're here or not? They were the Packer's fans. It was a snapshot of what we all thought at the time. Seems like another bull **** way to dismiss the feelings at the time about the situation. You have no leg to stand on and are grasping hard.

Mod doesn't mean anything but he wasn't some loose cannon crazy poster who just came in a couple times to freak out. That was the point.

The last part pretty much proves you know I put you in the corner. You had to basically personally bash me for having the time......took me 60 seconds. Oh man. I'm such a loser. Obviously if I have free time it means that I don't know anything about football and if I have free time on a Thursday afternoon it definitely means like my opinions on a given subject are wrong.

Welcome to ignore

time4IveneverbeenwrongandifihaveImakeupBStotryandb ackpedalmywayawayfromanycommentsImadetheninsultNor mpersonallysoitlookslikehesabigmeanywithtoomuchfre etimesoIfeellikeIwontheargument.

Yeah, now everyone thinks Ted is a genius. Again, you're the king of rewriting history. It was not considered a no brainer for management. I'm sure Ted thought it was correct. This isn't debatable. He also thought drafting Justin Harrell was correct. And not trading for Lynch......

Somethings work out and some don't. When they do it doesn't make them all no brainers 5 years later.

Norm at his finest right here.

He's right even when he is wrong.

#NeverguveuponTebow

time4change
08-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Welcome to ignore

If that's a "personal bash" to you I feel bad for you and the people around you because as I have always known, simply by the tone of you're writing that you are waaaay to sensitive.

Lighten up norm. Everybody else on this site caters to you're views, don't get mad at the few who aren't afraid to speak out on your nonsense form time to time.

time4change
08-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Welcome to ignore

Sure? lol

Norm
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Lolololol

You mad?

Tells poster he's on ignore. Gets 4 quote notes from him lol.

Lmao, I can't read what you're saying. Stop talking to me.

It's a no brainer to know that when you're on ignore I can't see what you're saying.

Sorry you got made to look ridiculous for crap you said. Sorry I have too much free time. Sorry you were dead to rights wrong. Sorry that bothers you. Sorry you're so offended by me because I don't pat everyone on the back when they say something silly.

wissportsfan
08-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Come on don't bring threads back just to bait people