PDA

View Full Version : Niners name Qb for friday and its JT

Thatruth32
08-06-2008, 10:30 PM
just heard it on knbr... im sure nolan and everbody will say dont read to much into this but im shocked they are saying he is by far the best lookin QB so far in camp ..... not quite sure how to take this just shocked as of rite now....

UNETOWNBAYAREA
08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes that what I heard too, he's looked the best so far...

Also, they want to see what JT brings in real a game. They know what smith and hill brings...

lincecum=future
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
we'll just have to see how this plays out.

wonkman22
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
i just want the best qb to start the regular season. rooting for hill though

Crombiestudd6
08-06-2008, 11:18 PM
i think maybe there still trying to light a fire under smiths ***! to show him look we have the balls to start someone else! and if he doestn start performing hes on the bench! maybe more inspiration to prove to smith this isnt a joke its for real! i really think smith is the better qb but he has a lack of confidence and is not totally comfortable with the offense

9erlakesdodgers
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
yea it could be that, but they also may think Smith is mentally fragile and probably don't want to play that many mind games in one offseason. I just want the guy to start and play every week and stay healthy. Who knows he could be another great story like so many other qbs weve never heard of. We have Martz, and we need someone who can play in his system and get stronger every week. We don't have time for games!!! Just results.

FrumDaBay
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
it is still preseason... so lets see what happens... i dont care at this point... i want who ever will give us the most W's. Period.

WillisLovechild
08-07-2008, 01:20 AM
there is no way o'sullivan is gonna be our starter for the regular season. he is a former nfl europa player, while smith is a former no. 1 pick and hill just gonna a substantial pay increase. no way two guys getting paid that much more are gonna sit on the bench.

wonkman22
08-07-2008, 02:27 AM
there is no way o'sullivan is gonna be our starter for the regular season. he is a former nfl europa player, while smith is a former no. 1 pick and hill just gonna a substantial pay increase. no way two guys getting paid that much more are gonna sit on the bench.

i agree,BUT, if jt somehow is the better qb then i would much rather have him start the season. rooting for hill though.lol

lxl Lou zer lxl
08-07-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm not even trippin'.
When the regular season starts, I know the best QB for our team will be out there.

May the best man win, patnah!

ninerfan609
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
i just want the best qb to start the regular season. rooting for hill though

me and you both, on both points you made

Thatruth32
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
i think maybe there still trying to light a fire under smiths ***! to show him look we have the balls to start someone else! and if he doestn start performing hes on the bench! maybe more inspiration to prove to smith this isnt a joke its for real! i really think smith is the better qb but he has a lack of confidence and is not totally comfortable with the offense

yea couldnt have said it any better... thats exactly what i think is going on

ohdouger
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Christ, they could have the guy who sells peanuts be the QB for all I care, as long as he gets the job done! From the land of John Brodie to Joe Montana to Steve Young, we demand great play from the QB position, and I for one am sick and tired of the way we have played at that position for the last 4 or 5 years. No more Trent Dilfer's as stop gaps, either they step up this year, or get rid of Smith and Nolan and move on.

wonkman22
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Christ, they could have the guy who sells peanuts be the QB for all I care, as long as he gets the job done! From the land of John Brodie to Joe Montana to Steve Young, we demand great play from the QB position, and I for one am sick and tired of the way we have played at that position for the last 4 or 5 years. No more Trent Dilfer's as stop gaps, either they step up this year, or get rid of Smith and Nolan and move on.

thats exactly whats going to happen if no progress is accomplished this season.Nolan is on the hot seat, and smith will be on the top ten busts in nfl history if nothing happends. but if something does happend then they live to coach and play another season

Thatruth32
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
^ yea i feel the same way i guess if he is our starter by seasons start smith would have the bust tag... and he is a smart qb who is mobile and got a good arm... and he hasnt had much talent around him so im just trying not to give up on him... but bottom line i just wanna win so if JT goes out there and moves the ball... he probley going to have some more fans... i have seen 0 highlights on JT ... anybody have any?

wonkman22
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
its not even a good play but its something

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.t.o'sullivan/profile?id=OSU394627

stag6004
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm not saying JT will be our starter but don't discount him just b/c he hasn't taken the normal route to the show that most have. What did ppl say when Kurt Warner became a starter, and under who did Warner flourish under? Whoever does the best in camp should start and this first start could just be the Niners wanting to see what JT will do with the 1st team since he hasn't worked with them as much as HILL and Smith, maybe JT is the frontrunner, or maybe they are sending a message to Smith. Whichever it is, I don't care, just let the best man win and lets win some f*%king football games.

ninerfan609
08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
this should be fun, Hill and Smith will finish the game, and they will play the second and third strings, and it should boost their confidence...go nolan! great idea, you almost had me fooled.

NorCalzimm
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
At this point I don't care if MROB throws the damn football-

Lets win some damn games!

wonkman22
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
think about our qb's this way,since its hard for the coaches to predict the starter since all three of them are "good" (as if they say) then we shouldnt have a problem with injury, we shouldnt be worried come gameday. no defenses should underestimate our 2nd or 3rd string qb, no matter what, we have qb that can handle the pressure of any defense (since all three of them are so hungry to play and be the starter)

Tmac416
08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
People People People. O' Sullivan is styarting becuase he is the bigest unknown. the coaches want to see him play realy game minutes with the real offense. i like how tha turth tried to say dont read to much into it and some of you are completly overreacting. it defintly does not mean smith isnt gonna win the job becuase he without a doubt is. But please read about what there doing. Martz admited yesterday he is trying to do whatever he can to see if he can make a qb crack under it all. there giving a the guy with the least amount of expiernce and bigest question marks in game day situations a chance to see what he has. no shocker there. next game i garuntee you he wont be the starter. seriously it doesnt mean anything.

WillisLovechild
08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
i agree,BUT, if jt somehow is the better qb then i would much rather have him start the season. rooting for hill though.lol

but he wont be... bank on it.

I'm not saying JT will be our starter but don't discount him just b/c he hasn't taken the normal route to the show that most have. What did ppl say when Kurt Warner became a starter, and under who did Warner flourish under? Whoever does the best in camp should start and this first start could just be the Niners wanting to see what JT will do with the 1st team since he hasn't worked with them as much as HILL and Smith, maybe JT is the frontrunner, or maybe they are sending a message to Smith. Whichever it is, I don't care, just let the best man win and lets win some f*%king football games.

kurt warner became the starter after a 'star' QB got hurt (trent green). he did turn out to be very very good, but that is one isolated incident. im not trying to say JT sucks or anything, but there is no chance he is our opening day starter. a few years ago the bengals had jon kitna and carson palmer. kitna was still the better pro QB at the time, but they started palmer cuz he was picked first and he was getting the big bucks. a season later, carson went to the pro bowl. i hope that can happen, but my point is owners don't let about 9-10 million dollars sit on the bench (between hill and smith).

Thatruth32
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
i like in his one highlight... says but the ball was underthrown.... lol nice highlight

mex49er
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
JT is a former nfl eurpa qb, so as Kurt Warner, Jack Delhomme, and both had played a super bowl

Tmac416
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
JT is a former nfl eurpa qb, so as Kurt Warner, Jack Delhomme, and both had played a super bowl

wow. great fact. can i name all the qb's that never did anything?

Thatruth32
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
:nod:i played in a superbowl.... who cares it was only in madden

Vegasguy80
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
You guys are looking WAY too much into it. Listen to Nol. This is the FIRST preseason game. Most starting QBs only played a series if that. Relax.

fendera7x
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
im rootin for smith to get the job. i think with another capable offensive coordinator smith should be at least a respectable qb. He showed great improvement under norv. Then, they messed him up this year with first a rookie o coordinator callin plays, then nolan. The guy needs consistency. With martz that gives him the o coordinator he desperately needed last year. Plus if davis breaks out this year, that only makes smith that much better, whose never had a true #1 option to throw to. With a great o coordinator, davis, a healthy gore, and an improved wr core, this finally gives smith a fair chance..and his last one id say.

bigmouth
08-08-2008, 02:18 PM
You guys are looking WAY too much into it. Listen to Nol. This is the FIRST preseason game. Most starting QBs only played a series if that. Relax.
That's only true when a QB is established, not when there's an open competition like the Niners. I'm rooting for Smith to succeed, but I'd also frankly love to see JTO come out of nowhere ala Warner, Bulger, etc. to take the job.

wonkman22
08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
:nod:i played in a superbowl.... who cares it was only in madden

in that case ima 4x superbowl champ.lol:cool:

KenTHEsfKING
08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
i hope that's not all it is, but it's probably what some of these guys have already said. Confidence booster for hill and smith, meanwhile giving jt good pt.

sounds like a good coaching decision, beacause it is a decision for the TEAM not an individual prima donna. which none of these qbs are.

:clap:

ps. if you're counting madden then i am the greatest owner ever and 20+ time SB champ - ps. my challenge is still out there for anyone who wants to get scraped on PS2

ninerfan609
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
i hope he doesnt start again. lets stop the games,(nolan) and start the only 2 qbs in the competition with our starters.

DownSouth49er
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
i hope he doesnt start again. lets stop the games,(nolan) and start the only 2 qbs in the competition with our starters.

exactly:clap:

bigmouth
08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I hope you are wrong. Smith and Hill played like garbage. JTO wasn't great, either, but he was the best of a bad lot.

FrumDaBay
08-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I hope you are wrong. Smith and Hill played like garbage. JTO wasn't great, either, but he was the best of a bad lot.

I Hope your kidding. a turnover, and a fumble and no drive that led to points is NOT the BEST of a sorry bunch... Smith had no turnovers the best BQ rating (which was still pretty bad) and led the team to the 5yd line where they went for the FG before the half.... SMITH was the best QB in that game for us, BY FAR... and nolan needs to stop this competition crap and just let smith start, and give him more reps

9er4life
08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
i hope that's not all it is, but it's probably what some of these guys have already said. Confidence booster for hill and smith, meanwhile giving jt good pt.

sounds like a good coaching decision, beacause it is a decision for the TEAM not an individual prima donna. which none of these qbs are.

:clap:

ps. if you're counting madden then i am the greatest owner ever and 20+ time SB champ - ps. my challenge is still out there for anyone who wants to get scraped on PS2

Agreed!!! Nolan and his coaches job security is on the line at this point. There is no way I think he will put his future in the hands of JTO, especially when A. Smith was recently given an extension and S. Hill given a hefty contract for a back-up. Remember, starters only play substantially in the 3rd preseason game anyway. Alex has to see that the offense can be effective, and believe and trust that his team mates will be in position to make plays for him. JTO, with his quick release is showing the entire team the effectiveness of the new offense in its ability to move the ball, but he is not #1 Q.B.. Do you all remember the many 3 and out's of last season. You did not see that last night by either Q.B.. Alex Smith will move into the starting position day one, but the rope will not be long before he is pulled if ineffective.

DownSouth49er
08-10-2008, 04:07 PM
in all honesty, and not just saying this because I like Alex, but the alex i saw when watching the game lastnight was the alex that was playing under Norv...when he had time, he was making his throws, and a few times he was rolling out and moving away from the pressure....the O-Line has to continue getting better though

bigmouth
08-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I Hope your kidding. a turnover, and a fumble and no drive that led to points is NOT the BEST of a sorry bunch... Smith had no turnovers the best BQ rating (which was still pretty bad) and led the team to the 5yd line where they went for the FG before the half.... SMITH was the best QB in that game for us, BY FAR... and nolan needs to stop this competition crap and just let smith start, and give him more reps
Did you actually watch the game, or are you making this judgment from the line score? I ask because Smith's passes were awful -- he was saved by his receivers catching balls thrown behind them. With the exception of the interception, JTO consistently threaded the needle, particularly on his passes to Morgan. Mark my words (uh oh...LOL!) the competition between Smith and JTO will continue -- and that's a good thing.

BooCain
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I really like O'sullivan a lot, he kinda remind me of Mark Bulger. I think he's going to win the job out right. Alex Smith is a bust. He was just a product of Myers system at Utah. This kid is not a Martz type of QB.

Thatruth32
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
i want alex... to win..but JTO looked the best... i hate the 2TOS he had.. but the int looked like he threw the ball to a spot.. and the wr broke off his route at the last min and did a comeback... no exsue for the fumble guess time will tell but alex throws looked pretty bad.. but no TO's so thats a good thing... only bright spot to me was josh morgan