PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings 2008-2009 Regular Season Sched.

Agent008
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/kings/schedule/

We open the season with a four game road trip.

Ron Ron doesn't come back to Arco until April 9. What kind of reception do you think he'll get?

Kyle N.
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/kings/schedule/

We open the season with a four game road trip.

Ron Ron doesn't come back to Arco until April 9. What kind of reception do you think he'll get?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RocketsRule
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Nothing special about ours until Artest comes back... In April.... :sigh:

DerekRE_3
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
What about opening night...the return of BOBBY JACKSON!!!

Kyle N.
08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Nothing special about ours until Artest comes back... In April.... :sigh:

Nothing special!?!?!?!?!? We get to see all sorts of great players. Jason Thompson, Donte Green, Spencer Hawes, Francisco Garcia, Beno Udrih, Bobby Jackson, not to mention Kevin "The Dynamo" Martin. Time to see what the young guys can do. We got our boy JT 123 321 ch-ch-check it. Spencer Hawes is the big slice of Wonder Bread on a mission to show what a dominant big man means. We get the best schedule in the whole league, because we get to see the Kings EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks, Agent.

Is it just me or have we started the season with a road trip every year for like the past eight years?

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Nothing special!?!?!?!?!? We get to see all sorts of great players. Jason Thompson, Donte Green, Spencer Hawes, Francisco Garcia, Beno Udrih, Bobby Jackson, not to mention Kevin "The Dynamo" Martin. Time to see what the young guys can do. We got our boy JT 123 321 ch-ch-check it. Spencer Hawes is the big slice of Wonder Bread on a mission to show what a dominant big man means. We get the best schedule in the whole league, because we get to see the Kings EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

I meant match up wise, of course I'm looking forward to seeing all those players play. I'd be an idiot no too.

Thanks, Agent.

Is it just me or have we started the season with a road trip every year for like the past eight years?

I was thinking the same thing, I mean really, when was the last time we had a season opener at home?

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 01:21 AM
QUOTE=RocketsRule;6186872]I meant match up wise, of course I'm looking forward to seeing all those players play. I'd be an idiot no too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I was obvously kidding. Just trying to be funny... :cricket:

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 01:26 AM
I wish the season was starting tomorrow or something...:sad2:

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I wish the season was starting tomorrow or something...:sad2:

Don't we all :(

At least you're team has better chance of winning the Re-Draft then mine :pity:

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Don't we all :(

At least you're team has better chance of winning the Re-Draft then mine :pity:

We're basically identical. Only I have crap at PG and you have crap at C. And neither are really crap, but that's all they'll be regarded as. Both of them start on playoff teams.

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 02:26 AM
We're basically identical. Only I have crap at PG and you have crap at C. And neither are really crap, but that's all they'll be regarded as. Both of them start on playoff teams.

Yeah, but your pieces are better than mine I believe:

PG: TJ Ford > Delonte West
SG: Steven Jackson < Andre Igoudala
SF: Gerald Wallace > Hedo Turkoglu (just barely)
PF: Shawn Marion > Lamar Odom
C: Eric Dampier < Andris Biedrins

But the ones I win are actually really close. Also, you're considered a top 4 team in the West, while I'm number 7 in most PR's. Maybe we should have put this in the off-topic forum.....

Kings Faithful
08-07-2008, 02:48 AM

We've started our last 5 seasons on road trips of 3 games....o but not this year! We get a 4 game road trip! THANKS NBA!! Biased much?

And as far as Ron Artest return I hope Arco cheers for him.....louder than the Toyota Center ever cheered for him.

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Yeah, but your pieces are better than mine I believe:

PG: TJ Ford > Delonte West
SG: Steven Jackson < Andre Igoudala
SF: Gerald Wallace > Hedo Turkoglu (just barely)
PF: Shawn Marion > Lamar Odom
C: Eric Dampier < Andris Biedrins

But the ones I win are actually really close. Also, you're considered a top 4 team in the West, while I'm number 7 in most PR's. Maybe we should have put this in the off-topic forum.....

I've seen anything from 4th to 6th in the West. Regardless, we both have good shots at upsets in the first round. Especially if you get the 7th seed and face the Thunder (I'd pray real hard for that if I were you). You've got three really good defenders to throw at their only real weapon and that's LeBron. If you make that argument clear in the thread, you've got a good shot. Each of us match up fairly well with the upper tier teams (Lakers, Hornets, Thunder).

DerekRE_3
08-07-2008, 02:55 AM
We've started our last 5 seasons on road trips of 3 games....o but not this year! We get a 4 game road trip! THANKS NBA!! Biased much?

And as far as Ron Artest return I hope Arco cheers for him.....louder than the Toyota Center ever cheered for him.

I wonder how many years in a row the Lakers have started out the season with a road trip...

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 02:56 AM

Honestly, I would prefer a tough schedule. I just don't understand why we haven't opened the season at home for the past several years.

The Rockets and the Blazers improved. And both of them were already better than we were last year. In parting with Artest, the Nuggets will still be better as will the Warriors and Clippers who both broke even this offseason.

Sad to say, we'll be at the bottom of the West with the Sonics, Wolves, and Grizzlies next season. The rougher our schedule, the more losses. The greater chance for a higher lottery pick.

High lotto pick + hopefully a big name FA in 2010 + Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, Beno Udrih, Jason Thompson, Donte Greene, and Francisco Garcia = an assload of talent and most likely relevance again.

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I've seen anything from 4th to 6th in the West. Regardless, we both have good shots at upsets in the first round. Especially if you get the 7th seed and face the Thunder (I'd pray real hard for that if I were you). You've got three really good defenders to throw at their only real weapon and that's LeBron. If you make that argument clear in the thread, you've got a good shot. Each of us match up fairly well with the upper tier teams (Lakers, Hornets, Thunder).

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out, you make a good case. Even still, you're team will most likely get farther than mine. Although, I feel great at how far my team has come along, it use to be ****, now it's in playoff contention.

I wonder how many years in a row the Lakers have started out the season with a road trip...

:laugh2: Lets not turn this into a conspiracy thread.

Honestly, I would prefer a tough schedule. I just don't understand why we haven't opened the season at home for the past several years.

The Rockets and the Blazers improved. And both of them were already better than we were last year. In parting with Artest, the Nuggets will still be better as will the Warriors and Clippers who both broke even this offseason.

Sad to say, we'll be at the bottom of the West with the Sonics, Wolves, and Grizzlies next season. The rougher our schedule, the more losses. The greater chance for a higher lottery pick.

High lotto pick + hopefully a big name FA in 2010 + Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, Beno Udrih, Jason Thompson, Donte Greene, and Francisco Garcia = an assload of talent and most likely relevance again.

Agreed. The tougher the schedule the better. Just makes our chances of landing a Rubio or Jennings so much better.

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 03:10 AM
I didn't realize that until you pointed it out, you make a good case. Even still, you're team will most likely get farther than mine. Although, I feel great at how far my team has come along, it use to be ****, now it's in playoff contention.

Not only that, but your weakness at center will amount to nothing in a series like that. Sammy D is as much of an offensive liability as Dampier so that's a wash. Scola is not much of a threat either. You can collapse two of Wallace, Jackson, and Marion on LeBron and have the other and Ford stick with his shooters (Fisher and Miller).

LR's cool and all, but if you get that match-up I think you'll win.

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Not only that, but your weakness at center will amount to nothing in a series like that. Sammy D is as much of an offensive liability as Dampier so that's a wash. Scola is not much of a threat either. You can collapse two of Wallace, Jackson, and Marion on LeBron and have the other and Ford stick with his shooters (Fisher and Miller).

LR's cool and all, but if you get that match-up I think you'll win.

Now the only question that remains is, are most posters as smart as you? I think not, which means I have to be very good in explaining. And with my lack of my experience that may be a problem.

I appreciate the advice too Cat, means a lot :)

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Now the only question that remains is, are most posters as smart as you? I think not, which means I have to be very good in explaining. And with my lack of my experience that may be a problem.

I appreciate the advice too Cat, means a lot :)

About 30 percent of them think like I do, and 70 percent don't. Which actually helps you more than LR. Your team is more attractive on paper IMO. LeBron's surrounded by a 2nd tier center and he's got the same thing in Cleveland, a rich man's Wally (Miller), and a very rich man's West (Fisher). No one realizes how good a LeBron led team is. Voters usually all go by how nice a team will look on paper.

With your team, they'll see three guys who can do just about everything you can do on a basketball court. Then there's Ford, who's a big target for the injury ********. But when people point that out, ignore it or point out how freakish they all were and keep repeating how Fisher's age will effect his ability to defend Ford's quickness. They'll see Damp and think: decent big man.

All I can say is, I think you'd do very well against that team voting wise. I'm not certain but I'd love your chances if I were you.

Kings Faithful
08-07-2008, 04:06 AM

In the last 20 years the Lakers have had two 2 game road trips starts, one 3 game road trip start, and one four game road trip. Only one instance were they consecutive and that is only if you count from Houston to Dallas a road trip. So we'll be graceful and say they've had 1 consecutive road trip beginning compared to our 5 in a row....not to mention these road trips were all between 1988-1995....so in the last 13 years they have not had any road trips in the beginning...They have also started the season with a single road game only 3 times in the last 13 seasons....so 10 out of 13 seasons they had a home opener

Kings Faithful
08-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Now for the Kings side of things....Including this year, 7 of our last 10 seasons (as far as I could go back) have started with a road trip....of those 7 season 5 of them have been road trips of 3 games or more each season. Compared to the Lakers 2 road starts and 0 road trips in the last ten years. I'm sorry. Thats ridiculous.

DerekRE_3
08-07-2008, 04:33 AM
That is. Good job finding that. So I was right....

Kings Faithful
08-07-2008, 04:47 AM
I would go as far to say that the Kings have had more road trips of 3 games or more in the last 5 years than the Lakers have in the last 35 years. I havn't looked that far back but it wouldnt suprise me.

suiogan16
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
so wat do u guys think of the new schedule released?:confused:

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
We had have a thread for this already.

But to answer you're question, it seems like we will be opening on the road once again. And Artest will be coming back in April, so lets see how it goes. Also, it looks like we will have no nationally televised games, which is a bummer.

sacgiants1213
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
that info is just disgusting.

i wonder if bobby gets a louder ovation than kmart

Kings Faithful
08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
that info is just disgusting.

i wonder if bobby gets a louder ovation than kmart

You'll be able to notice a difference. K-Marts will be loud, but for Bobby's first game there will be an explosion.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I was at a Kings game where they were playing Memphis and Bobby Jackson was on the Grizzlies. And this one really loud and annoying dude was rooting for the Kings a little too loudy and he had all his Kings gear on. And about halfway through the game they put Bobby in and everybody of course starts cheering, and the dude in front of me turns from a Kings fan into a Jackson fan. He would not shut up about Bobby. The Kings were down by 3 with under a minute and Brad Miller hits two 3 pointers. Then Bobby puts one up at the buzzer to tie it and misses and the Kings win. Everybody was going crazy except the dude in front of me who was pissed off. So yeah, the croud broke my ear drums.

kingkenji
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
again, we are not in tv coverage this season, this sucks, ur favorite team seems do not exist in TV, unless give us one or two games televised so we could watch the team.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM
We might be on NBA TV. I don't see where it says any other teams are on NBA TV yet.

KingsMadness44
08-07-2008, 07:41 PM
the kings got screwed yet again!!!!!!!

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
You think the league would show the Kings more love after they stole a championship from us. At least stop starting us with a road trip.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
We might be on NBA TV. I don't see where it says any other teams are on NBA TV yet.

Ha, I just read the article that said the same thing.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Catfish and RocketsRule. As you know I'm pretty new to the PSD forums and I was wondering what you could tell me about the re-draft thing. It sounds interesting but I know very little about it. Any help would be appriciated.

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
It's pretty much excatly what it sounds like. Every active player in the NBA goes into a draft pool and through 12 rounds of drafting and trading, you try to build the best team. GMs from the game take a vote on the playoff seedings (1-8 in two conferences just like real life).

The game is won based off the votes of regulars on PSD in the NBA Forum. The draft for this ReDraft is almost over and sometime this weekend I think we'll be voting on playoff seedings. Then the playoffs and I don't know when we'll be starting another one. Probably in a month or so but I'm not sure.

Kyle N.
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
What would I have to do to get on or make a team?

Catfish1314
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
What would I have to do to get on or make a team?

The sign-ups will be posted in the NBA Forum a week or so before a new game starts. Like I said, I'm not sure when that will be but when it's up just sign up. You aren't likely to get a team solo since you're so new to this site but you could probably be an assistant or a Co-GM with one of the vets to the game.

Kyle N.
08-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Sweet. Well if there's any Kings fans who need a teammate, I'd like to try it out. I did the Salary Cap Challenge on NBA.com, but that's the only fantasy thing I've ever done. I'm not a complete idiot if that helps. :D

KingsMadness44
08-08-2008, 04:12 AM
did any one notice that the kings have a home game on superbowl sunday at 6 o clock or was i the only person to catch that and in january we have 2 four game road trips and its 4 games in 5 nights

DerekRE_3
08-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Sweet. Well if there's any Kings fans who need a teammate, I'd like to try it out. I did the Salary Cap Challenge on NBA.com, but that's the only fantasy thing I've ever done. I'm not a complete idiot if that helps. :D

Theres also a sim league you may want to check out. You could probably become an assistant. Maybe become a GM later.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=384

Beno7500
08-14-2008, 06:01 PM
IMO, I think this schedule is bull. We start off on another road trip while the Lakers sart off every season at home for the first 5 months.

sacgiants1213
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
i'll be seeing us on feb 14th and april 1st both @ gs

Beno7500
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll be seeing Kings vs Suns both times here in PHX.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm kind of glad we have no Nat Tv. games. We will fly under the radar and surprise people if we are good next season. Alos. if we are really bad next season, we wont be embarassed on national television.

Kings Faithful
08-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm kind of glad we have no Nat Tv. games. We will fly under the radar and surprise people if we are good next season. Alos. if we are really bad next season, we wont be embarassed on national television.

But doesn't that mean you don't get to watch any games because your in phoenix? How can that make you glad?

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 07:14 PM
But doesn't that mean you don't get to watch any games because your in phoenix? How can that make you glad?

I can watch it online, Order Comcast West, or order NBA League Pass.

I can watch every game if I wanted to.

Beno7500
09-09-2008, 02:00 AM
13-Dec-08 Sat 10:00pm New York @ Sacramento

This is our only game on NBA TV

Kyle N.
09-09-2008, 02:21 AM
13-Dec-08 Sat 10:00pm New York @ Sacramento

This is our only game on NBA TV

That's one of the stupidest and most disgraceful things I have ever seen, but oh well.

Beno7500
09-14-2008, 11:12 PM
At least it's in a wiinable game for everyone to see. :o

Kyle N.
09-14-2008, 11:23 PM
At least it's in a wiinable game for everyone to see. :o

Ha, that's true. And since their defense sucks, maybe Kevin Martin will score more than Wilt's 100 point game. :D

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Yez! Lets all :pray: he does.