PDA

View Full Version : Info about Mutumbo, from Hoopsworld

Tmac to da rack
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
As we've discussed at length today, the Houston Rockets reached an agreement to send Steve Novak to the LA Clippers last night. as Steve Kyler mentioned this morning, it had a little to do with clearing out some space at the forward position in preparation for officially acquiring Ron Artest next week. The other side of the deal has a lot to do with addressing the center position.

Right now the Rockets are trying to sign three players, and in this order: Dikembe Mutombo, Carl Landry, and Joey Dorsey. The Landry issue has been well-documented and remains in a state of stalemate. Mutombo wants more than the vet's minimum, which was what Houston's original offer was for, and Dorsey's agent is looking for a contract similar to what Landry signed last year, which is also more than the Rockets had slated. The only way for the team to lock up all three of their players is to make a couple of deals like this one, where they send out a promising prospect and get nothing in return that affects cap space.

This deal will enable the Rockets to take roughly $800,000 and sweeten one of more of the deals they have on the table. Expect to hear more talk of Luther Head and possibly Chuck Hayes being traded depending on how the rest of the negotiations proceed.

bball1217
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Interesting...

Manos
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Nice post

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
nice post.

nickymintz
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I thought we signed Dorsey already

val_modus
08-07-2008, 01:36 AM
ya... we did before a summer league game

Dodgerluvsgtown
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
I just hope as a Georgetown fan that you guys keep Muttombo what kind of info can you guys give me on Novak.. as a Clipper fan. i hae no idea how good he is

houstonrockets1
08-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Thats intresting but i understand why this would happen so sounds like Morey has a plan as usual and is gonna execute it, but the only problem i have with this is that it might affect us in the future. I guess we are in win right now mode anyway so it dosent really matter

JordansBulls
08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
If the Rockets can't sign Deke they should go after Zo.

pippsux
08-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah I thought Dorsey was signed already

Manos
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah I thought Dorsey was signed already

He's not, they just purchased insurance on him so that he could play in Summer League.

Dorsey, Rockets reach agreement on insurance
Memphis product set to suit up for summer league squad
By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
July 16, 2008, 9:11PM

Joey Dorsey’s summer league holdout lasted one game. After sitting out the first game of summer league because contract negotiations were not complete, Dorsey’s agent and the Rockets reached an agreement to allow Dorsey to begin playing.

Though still not signed, Dorsey accepted the Rockets’ offer to purchase insurance as is customary for most second-round picks playing in summer league games. The Rockets acquired Dorsey, the third player taken in the second round last month, in a series of draft-night deals with Portland and Memphis.

link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5892034.html) from Chron.com

mightybosstone
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't mind them moving Novak or Head to clear cap for Deke, Landry, and Dorsey, but I REALLY hope they don't move Hayes for the same reasons. Hopefully, we can get these guys locked up soon...

Renovator
08-07-2008, 07:41 PM
A thread from clutchfans mentions that Rockets has extended an offer to Landry, but the his agent countered the offer which the rockets are now mulling upon. His agent is really ballsy. I think his agent is trying to make a name for himslef by being a tough negotiator, so he can grab more clients. This is hurting landry is the process.

I'm all in favour for moving Head and Hayes for DeKe and Landry. Hopefully we can get a late 1st round pick.

RocketPowered
08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
i want that dinosaur to stay....

agobbi17
08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
We have 7 Forwards: Battier, Artest, Scola, Landry, Hayes, Dorsey, Harris.

If we keep Hayes, then i really don't see much playing time for Harris and Dorsey at the forward position. At the guard position i believe Barry will take all the playing time Luther Head would usually have. Hopefully we resign Deke. We need to send Dorsey to the D league and trade Luther Head and Mike Harris.

BRADfromOZ
08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Why keep Hayes?

HouRealCoach
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Keyword: Hoopsworld....First of all We already signed Dorsey n if we didnt he wouldnt have played on the Summer League Roster....Morey got it done last year with Hayes and Deke and he will get it done this year with Landry and Deke

Renovator
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Keyword: Hoopsworld....First of all We already signed Dorsey n if we didnt he wouldnt have played on the Summer League Roster....Morey got it done last year with Hayes and Deke and he will get it done this year with Landry and Deke

Dorsey still hasnt been signed. The negoations which took place during summer league was for morey to pay for Dorsey's insurance so that he can play in the summer league without having to worry about getting hurt.

What the heck is going on? Why hasnt Dorsey and DeKe still being signed? And what the hell is Landrys camp up to? this has been dragging on for so long.

Maybe they are waiting to trade head and Hayes to make some cap space. I'd rather see Harris go than Hayes though.

{º¿º}
08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Dorsey wants a deal like Landry had last season? :eyebrow:

I wonder if the hang up is the dollar amount or wanting a one year rookie deal like Landry with an immediate free agency pay raise after Yao & Tmac make him look good?

Rhyming Rebel
08-12-2008, 04:30 AM
ya... we did before a summer league game

The roster still has him as unsigned draft pick

Rhyming Rebel
08-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Dorsey wants a deal like Landry had last season? :eyebrow:

I wonder if the hang up is the dollar amount or wanting a one year rookie deal like Landry with an immediate free agency pay raise after Yao & Tmac make him look good?

Sounds like he is planning a break out rookie season

Rhyming Rebel
08-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Why keep Hayes?

We shouldnt