PDA

View Full Version : Sig Bet with Vikings fans

boms-4
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
hey i am a Viking fan and wondering for all you Packer fans if you are interested in doing a Sig Bet. post if you are interested?

we will work out details about how long you have to wear the sig for and that after just seeing who is up for this.

Packer fans that are in:
newdude
WSUJJ
IowaAJ
Ugottabjoshinme
XJW18
Martz
brewcrew2009
packers4284

newdude
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Details?

boms-4
08-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Sept 8-Vikings at Packers: losser of this game wears a sig made by the winning team until november 9th.
Nov 9-Packers at Vikings:losser of this game wears a sig made by winning team till end of the season

just a idea add on if you like

newdude
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh, I'm game then.

boms-4
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
makes you the first packer in this

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Is a new thread really needed for this in a already crowded forum?

Do bets through PMs if you really wanted. This forum is just way to messy and crowded right now.

boms-4
08-06-2008, 09:28 PM
this is a group bet and it is not that busy good thing your not a cubs fan

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
this is a group bet and it is not that busy good thing your not a cubs fan

I don't mean it's crowded with posters, I mean it's crowded with idiotic and pointless threads, like this one.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Hate to disagree with u Ryan, but since the Vikings fans think that their team have improved that much, why not have fun with a sig bet, no harm.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Hate to disagree with u Ryan, but since the Vikings fans think that their team have improved that much, why not have fun with a sig bet, no harm.

Oh don't worry bro, I already had a sig bet with a Queens fan long before this thread was made, also one with a Bears fan. :up:

newdude
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
:D Let others have sig bets too then, :P.

boms-4
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
yeah a group sig bet since you actually think the packers can beat the vikings

The Lizard King
08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
There has to be more of you Packer fans who want a signature of a Vikings fans choosing.

Come on.

Honestly I don't blame you. The season opener is gonna be brutal for the Packers.

newdude
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
For real, where are all my Packers brethren at?

Martz
08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
all right i'm in!

WSUJJ
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
im in

The Lizard King
08-07-2008, 06:39 PM
im in

If you are a Vikings fan WSUJJ, you need to post in the Vikings Forum Sig Bet.

salsa
08-07-2008, 09:12 PM
i will think about it...lol

newdude
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
^^Why? It's just a sig bet. I saw many confident Packers fans, but no one, except Martz, is joinging in.

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
It's obvious to me.

It's because they don't think they can beat the Vikings. They will talk a big game but when push come to shove Packers fans turn into ghosts.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
It's obvious to me.

It's because they don't think they can beat the Vikings. They will talk a big game but when push come to shove Packers fans turn into ghosts.

I would be in with Favre. Were you running your mouth like this a year ago when GB stomped your Never Won a Super Bowl Team?

Martz
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I would be in with Favre. Were you running your mouth like this a year ago when GB stomped your Never Won a Super Bowl Team?

Come on Hawkeye you think they can really beat us? We'll put 9 in the box all day. They can't throw the ball. They have no one to do it and they have no one to catch it. Sure AD will get his yards. But they can't defend our passing attack. Plus our special teams are better.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
It's obvious to me.

WTF are you talking about? We absolutely stomped your team last season. 34-0 you surely do remember right. I couldn't post here anymore if I had to carry around some bull**** Vikings sig. I HATE the Bears, Vikings, Lions and the rest of the league. I have no control over wins and loses and with the thought that "anything" can happen in this league I would never take this type of bet. I will bet money on the game with you or anyone else before I would take this type of bet.

IowaAJ
08-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm in and after we dominate you. You'll be the one with the Packers Sig on the forum. THe Pack defense are going to shut Peterson down.

ugottabjoshinme
08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
i have no problem making a sig bet in support of the packers. the loss of favre doesnt even put a dent in the 34-0 stomping i remember from last season

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Come on Hawkeye you think they can really beat us? We'll put 9 in the box all day. They can't throw the ball. They have no one to do it and they have no one to catch it. Sure AD will get his yards. But they can't defend our passing attack. Plus our special teams are better.

I think we're going to struggle against their defense. This game scares me a little. I hate the Vikes almost as much as the Bears, but I think they're going to be pretty good - even with a lousy QB.

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
LOL.

I am just trying to get you guys to do the sig bet.

It should be a close couple of games..

It is pretty obvious to me that you guys have no confidence whatsoever in the Packers beating the Vikings. If you did, you wouldn't hesitate to do the sig bet.

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
WTF are you talking about? We absolutely stomped your team last season. 34-0 you surely do remember right. I couldn't post here anymore if I had to carry around some ******** Vikings sig. I HATE the Bears, Vikings, Lions and the rest of the league. I have no control over wins and loses and with the thought that "anything" can happen in this league I would never take this type of bet. I will bet money on the game with you or anyone else before I would take this type of bet.

You will bet money but you wont do a sig bet??

LOL. Obviously you aren't as confident in your team as you make out. You are confident enough in your team to say they are better, but not enough to put your money where your mouth is.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
You will bet money but you wont do a sig bet??

LOL. Obviously you aren't as confident in your team as you make out. You are confident enough in your team to say they are better, but not enough to put your money where your mouth is.

Seriously, are you working with a full deck? Maybe you ought to re read what you quoted. I would never associate myself with the Vikings no matter what! I will lose money before I will sport some ****ing Viking sig.

IS THIS CRAP EVEN WORTHY OF A THREAD?

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
It's an expression. And here, I will type slow, since my keyboard is not idiot proof..................

You will say the Packers are better but you wont do a Sig Bet to "prove" you think they are??? :crazy:

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
It's an expression. And here, I will type slow, since my keyboard is not idiot proof..................

You will say the Packers are better but you wont do a Sig Bet to "prove" you think they are??? :crazy:

Well since we were talking about MONEY maybe you should use a different "expression." Don't come in here trying to bait me into some bulls**t either.

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Remember,

If you win we have to do the opposite.......................................... ......

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Well since we were talking about MONEY maybe you should use a different "expression." Don't come in here trying to bait me into some bulls**t either.

You knew exactly what I was talking about, you are just trying to appear smart, and make me appear dumb. The expression works fine, as it means exactly what I was trying to portray. Lets not change the subject now.

Why are you scared to do a SIG BET??

The Lizard King
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM
If you aren't willing to do the Sig Bet, than keep your comments about the Vikings to yourself.

That's it.

ALL TOGETHER
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM

Whatever man that's the oldest move in the book. You are trying to change the subject so you don't have to explain why you say the Packers are better but wont make an all for fun Sig Bet. Obviously we can't bet money on PSD, so this is what we do. Put up or shut up. I'm out.

augipitcher3
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Is a new thread really needed for this in a already crowded forum?

Do bets through PMs if you really wanted. This forum is just way to messy and crowded right now.

Don't read it if you choose not to. You must be worried.

augipitcher3
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Key words.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
If you aren't willing to do the Sig Bet, than keep your comments about the Vikings to yourself.

That's it.

I'll say whatever the **** I want to say about the Minnesota Vikings. I'll be damned if you think your going to tell me differently in a Packer forum. All I said was they got ****ing beat down 34-0 nothing no more and nothing less. Yeah its a FACT, I hate the Vikings. So what, if you cant handle the talk tuff titty. You've no need to run your ****ing mouth in here about the Packers or us fans. These were your stupid *** comments and I responded to them.

Go re read what I said about possibly having to have a Viking sig. No thanks!

augipitcher3
08-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I'll say whatever the **** I want to say about the Minnesota Vikings. I'll be damned if you think your going to tell me differently in a Packer forum. All I said was they got ****ing beat down 34-0 nothing no more and nothing less. Yeah its a FACT, I hate the Vikings. So what, if you cant handle the talk tuff titty. You've no need to run your ****ing mouth in here about the Packers or us fans. These were your stupid *** comments and I responded to them.

Go re read what I said about possibly having to have a Viking sig. No thanks!

Yeah you seem really confident in your Favreless team.

ugottabjoshinme
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM

I am pretty confident in this Favre-less team beacuse the vikings straight up suck....i said i would do a sig bet a couple pages back and i would love to do one with lizard king since he likes to come in here and be annoying

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM

LOL
You can check the predictions thread. I'm plenty confident and the thought of " possibly" having a Viking sig is enough for me to stay out of the mix. Cash is a different story though.

Am I talking with 14 year olds? That's a serious question.

ugottabjoshinme
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
LOL
You can check the predictions thread. I'm plenty confident and the thought of " possibly" having a Viking sig is enough for me to stay out of the mix. Cash is a different story though.

You must be. He really doesnt understand the simple concept you presented.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
You must be. He really doesnt understand the simple concept you presented.

I know right?

ALL TOGETHER
08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I am pretty confident in this Favre-less team beacuse the vikings straight up suck....i said i would do a sig bet a couple pages back and i would love to do one with lizard king since he likes to come in here and be annoying

That's the spirit.

At least you back up your words with action.

ALL TOGETHER
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
LOL

:laugh2: You're a joke.

Change the subject so you don't have to face the real reason Lizard is giving you a hard time.

XJW18
08-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I wouldnt mind doin it if u guys are still lettin ppl join this bet?!

newdude
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM
So what's the number of Vikings and Packers fans doing this so far? We should make a list so no one backs out later *Cough**vikings fan**cough*

J/K :silly: But seriously, list.

XJW18
08-09-2008, 12:05 AM
So what's the number of Vikings and Packers fans doing this so far? We should make a list so no one backs out later *Cough**vikings fan**cough*

J/K :silly: But seriously, list.

maybe u should get on that then!
haha

boms-4
08-11-2008, 01:18 AM
for all you that think you gotta wear a Vikings sig. The sig bet is the winning team gives you a hulimating sig about your team. Lists are in both forums so check it out.

augipitcher3
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
LOL

Sometimes there are things people would like to see more than cash. It makes it more of a ballsy bet than to cop out and say you would only bet cash. You don't know people's financial background on PSD so maybe a bet for you for $50 means nothing but that could be some people on the site's monthly allowance. The sig bet is even for everyone and is a pretty high price for most, but if you can't handle it or don't have the confidence in your team then don't do it. No one is going to be hurt by it. By the way I'm 26 and would never trust a Packer Fan I don't know to pay off a bet over the internet. I would say maybe they are younger than you, but more intelligent not to take a financial bet with someone you don't know on message board.

augipitcher3
08-11-2008, 10:12 AM
:laugh2: You're a joke.

Change the subject so you don't have to face the real reason Lizard is giving you a hard time.

I know, right!!

augipitcher3
08-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I know right?

Is that a question or a statement? Are you not sure if it is right or are you telling him it is right? By using the ? you must of been asking him in that case you must not be too sure of yourself. Before you trying to insult someone might want to check up on yourself first.

socalpkrbkr
08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
You must be bored

augipitcher3
08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
You must be bored

Yeah I joined 3 months before you and have 1,600 less posts. Good call on that one too.

socalpkrbkr
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
What does post count have to do with this? Apparently I've had more to say than you. If that's called being bored then I guess I'm guilty.

newdude
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I think the list is missing Martz

augipitcher3
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Man, I hate when messages get deleted. It seems to always just end the thread. Did Socal agree to the bet finally? Did he insult me? I have no idea. I wasn't to riled up about it, but it looks like this should be a fun bet. There are about 7 from each side it looks like now.

jtrinaldi
08-12-2008, 10:49 AM
ill do one for record wise

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
augipitcher3
You were putting words in my mouth and trying to bait me. Unfortunately I quoted your trash and it was deleted.

augipitcher3
08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
augipitcher3
You were putting words in my mouth and trying to bait me. Unfortunately I quoted your trash and it was deleted.

Ok seriously, you post stuff like "you must be bored." Does that have any significance than trying to bait someone? And then you say I'm baiting. Did that have anything to do with the fact that you won't make a sig bet because you are worried about Week 1 (which is the topic of this thread). Speaking of week 1, we have our first significant injury of the season. I won't make excuses because its the NFL and those things happen to everyone, but it looks like we might have a rookie safety starting that Monday night. Madieu Williams earliest return is week 1 and may miss up to 3 regular season games.

Martz
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
hey i am a Viking fan and wondering for all you Packer fans if you are interested in doing a Sig Bet. post if you are interested?

we will work out details about how long you have to wear the sig for and that after just seeing who is up for this.

Packer fans that are in:
newdude
WSUJJ
IowaAJ
Ugottabjoshinme
XJW18

I did say i was in.....

boms-4
08-26-2008, 12:00 AM
it is about even right now

Dcup
08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
There has to be more of you Packer fans who want a signature of a Vikings fans choosing.

Come on.

Honestly I don't blame you. The season opener is gonna be brutal for the Packers.

Brutal for the Packers? How? What about the Vikings? T-Jack is going to be rusty as hell when it comes time to play Sep. 8th. Remember he's been hurt AGAIN, and hasnt played **** this preseason.

brewcrew2009
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
im in on this. :cool:

augipitcher3
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone else in or are we making a bet that is like 12 (confident vikes fans) - 5 (confident packer backers)?

newdude
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
^I think it's 6 Packer backers, Martz did say twice he was in.

augipitcher3
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
^I think it's 6 Packer backers, Martz did say twice he was in.

Sorry, its still not even a close bet... why don't you do some recruiting and try to find some confident fans, since your team is playing at home and all. Wow I didn't expect alot of people in here to shy away from a silly bet. The lack of confidence is sure showing.

Bob_at_york
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
A number of Vikings fans have expressed interest in having a sig bet with you guys. But I want to see more numbers from you guys, there are two times as many Vikings fans in the bet than Packers fans. We are talking about either:

1) Just the MNF game

2) The regular season record

3) All our H2H games this season

4) All of the above.

Winner creates a penalty sig for the loser. what do you guys think?

packer4284
09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
il do it how can i join

Bob_at_york
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
sorry about that. I tried using the search function to find the thread but found nothing. Stupid search function! :mad:

boms-4
09-03-2008, 03:30 PM
okay deadline for sign ups will be saturday.

augipitcher3
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Bob,

I think the bet was just the week 1 game for now and then we were going to have another one for the next head to head matchup.

Bob_at_york
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Bob,

I think the bet was just the week 1 game for now and then we were going to have another one for the next head to head matchup.

I am trying to raise the stakes. One week only?

augipitcher3
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I am trying to raise the stakes. One week only?

I think if we make a bet for the monday night game it is resolved quicker and the people who are active now and made the bet are the ones that will have to wear the sig... If you make a season long bet and one team or the other is out of it and people stop signing in to chat then it is kind of pointless for them to wear the sig if they aren't posting.

newdude
09-03-2008, 09:40 PM
il do it how can i join

Here's the 7th Packers fan to join.

Bob_at_york
09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I think if we make a bet for the monday night game it is resolved quicker and the people who are active now and made the bet are the ones that will have to wear the sig... If you make a season long bet and one team or the other is out of it and people stop signing in to chat then it is kind of pointless for them to wear the sig if they aren't posting.

I guess but I have always found that people still come on and ***** and complain under those circumstances.

packer4284
09-09-2008, 07:01 AM
wen do the viking fans got change there sig?

slaney30
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes, ViQueens fans, change your SIGs!

Bob_at_york
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes, ViQueens fans, change your SIGs!

unless I missed something, NOBODY from your side has sent us a penalty sig yet. The ball is in YOUR court right now. We are waiting for you.

ugottabjoshinme
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
we are well aware that it is still on us right now....patience is a virtue my friend. i know it must be exciting to get your first packers related sig (i know i was pretty excited to get my first)...it is coming.

Bob_at_york
09-09-2008, 10:59 AM
we are well aware that it is still on us right now....patience is a virtue my friend. i know it must be exciting to get your first packers related sig (i know i was pretty excited to get my first)...it is coming.

I am not sure if some of your buddies are aware. They are talking like we are talking trash like we are chickening out. We are waiting.

newdude
09-09-2008, 03:13 PM
^^Sry for the wait, hehehe, but we're trying to find the best one. I know u wouldn't mind the wait.

augipitcher3
11-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Sept 8-Vikings at Packers: losser of this game wears a sig made by the winning team until november 9th.
Nov 9-Packers at Vikings:losser of this game wears a sig made by winning team till end of the season

just a idea add on if you like

So this is what was agreed to at the start right?

Bob_at_york
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM

I didn't. Boms never told me that so after sunday's game I am out of the bet and switching sigs. It isn't me not being confident in the team but I had no idea the bet was for this length of time. I have other sports I would also like to support in my sig and other sig bets I would like to be involved in.

ugottabjoshinme
11-04-2008, 05:42 PM

yea thats what was agreed to. I am in for sure. I think its ok to let some people in or out depending on cirumstances like the above. We might want to make a new list for who is in this round to avoid confusion.