PDA

View Full Version : I wish the Packers had a real owner

lavell12
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Having Packer fans as owners is nice and symbolic and all but I really wish the Packers had one person owning the team. No way TT would be allow to pull this crap under a strong ownership.

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
probably true

nosferatu
08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
But what's to say that we don't end up with an idiot like Dan Snyder?

newdude
08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
But what's to say that we don't end up with an idiot like Dan Snyder?

But we r already under someone as stupid as Snyder;)

J/K, I kid, I kid, we're in a worse situation:mad:

:D LOL.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
What we have in Green Bay is unique and shouldn't be changed. Look at all the god awful owners around the NFL that have set their franchises back because they know nothing about football...The Dolphins, Falcons, Cardinals, Raiders, Texans, Lions, Bears, Buccaneers, Bengals, Browns, Redskins, etc, etc. There are so many examples of disgusting ownership.

You want some guy controlling everything? The grass isn't always greener...

darkhorse27
08-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Well put BrewCityBuck

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Guys, TT took the team from 4-12 to 14-4 in two years. He's not an idiot, he's re-signed Grant, and it's time to move forward with the franchise.

EC Raider
08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Having Packer fans as owners is nice and symbolic and all but I really wish the Packers had one person owning the team. No way TT would be allow to pull this crap under a strong ownership.

I am not sure you do. Al Davis meddles and screws up the Raiders daily for the last 24 years. YOu were not complaining at all when you had Ron Wolfe. Good football minds in GB are all you need. You may still have him in Thompson, remains to be seen. Too bad emotion is involved, player, organization and fans.

That is what is making this thing so hard. I can't wait until it is over so my wife (a Packer fan) can move on.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
What we have in Green Bay is unique and shouldn't be changed. Look at all the god awful owners around the NFL that have set their franchises back because they know nothing about football...The Dolphins, Falcons, Cardinals, Raiders, Texans, Lions, Bears, Buccaneers, Bengals, Browns, Redskins, etc, etc. There are so many examples of disgusting ownership.

You want some guy controlling everything? The grass isn't always greener...

I agree. I like the way its set up now, thats a big reason why we have one of the widest fan bases in the league because the fans are so involved.

RcrkllrH2
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
frankly a real owner could/would have done the same thing...

lavell12
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm not talking about an own who meddles a lot like Snyder or Jones. I'm talking about a single owner who leaves the GM and coaches alone but does put their foot down sometimes. No way any owner would have allowed that.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not talking about an own who meddles a lot like Snyder or Jones. I'm talking about a single owner who leaves the GM and coaches alone but does put their foot down sometimes. No way any owner would have allowed that.

I'm sure many GM's around the league would have done the same thing as Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson did, your simply exaggerating this whole thing because your close to the situation, Brett Favre isn't the only player thats had a front office battle similar to this. Lord.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Actually u guys need to look at this in another perspective. Favre is one of the most acknowledged football player ever, and even non-football fans know who he is. He brings in the $$$, so an owner would probably want a sports icon back that just had an MVP-caliber season.

And I think many GM's would handle it in a better manner and quicker than this.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Actually u guys need to look at this in another perspective. Favre is one of the most acknowledged football player ever, and even non-football fans know who he is. He brings in the $$$, so an owner would probably want a sports icon back that just had an MVP-caliber season.

And I think many GM's would handle it in a better manner and quicker than this.

That depends on each owner. We have no idea around the league what owner would do what, or what they would do differently, it's all pure speculation. It's not like this could have gone any quicker, first you had Favre and all these media reports coming out with rumors for weeks, then Favre announces he wants to come back, both sides wanted completely different things. Favre asked to be reinstated, the deal was offered, that took time, getting reinstated took time, he was let back, meetings, meeting, meetings, no deal, last option trade, we are now at the final stage.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Why, so we could have another Front Office name you guys could piss and moan about? No thanks.

Plus this way, the team will never be moved, as it would be a possibility with a real lone owner.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
That depends on each owner. We have no idea around the league what owner would do what, or what they would do differently, it's all pure speculation.

Ur quote "I'm sure many GM's around the league would have done the same thing as Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson did." ;)

It's not like this could have gone any quicker, first you had Favre and all these media reports coming out with rumors for weeks, then Favre announces he wants to come back, both sides wanted completely different things. Favre asked to be reinstated, the deal was offered, that took time, getting reinstated took time, he was let back, meetings, meeting, meetings, no deal, last option trade, we are now at the final stage.

TT and MM probably never wanted a qb competition and they only brought it up recently was due to them basically having to. So if they brought it up to begin with (alot earlier), then this could possibly end things quicker. Get rid of all that talking and offering $20 mil, etc .:)

smellsam44
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
as an ownr of the packers, I call this thread boulder dash

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
^^ As another owner of the Packers, I second that. ^^

newdude
08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
^^As a fan of this team, I say u two fail as owners. :P

I kid, I kid :D