PDA

View Full Version : X Factor for 08/09 season: Andrea Bargnani

carruthers32
08-06-2008, 03:14 PM
If Bargnani develops from his rookie year as compared to go down like last year, he could be really huge for us. In my opinion, Bargnani is the difference if we exceed or reach expectations as compared to going below expectations.

conway429
08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Bargnani, as well as the health and success of JO are the 2 most important things. We know Calderon will get the job done, and Bosh'll be great. If JO makes a substantial impact, staying healthy and returning to All-Star form (which I expect he will), and Bargs steps up coming off the bench, then we'll be a very hard team to play against.

Master P
08-06-2008, 03:37 PM
bargnani will always be an x-factor. in his rookie year he showed flashes of being able to hit multiple shots in a row without needing to be on the floor to warm up. this means that any close game he enters can get blown open in favour of the raps, or he can help the raptors get back into things after a slow start. here's hoping...

aman_13
08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I hope Bargs proves everybody wrong, and has a big year. He has so much potential and even though last year was a bad year for him, he was forced to play a position that he never played before. Now he is working hard in the summer getting bigger and tougher and playing along side JO will help his post game.

RapsFan4Life
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
bargs will never develop the confidence to be a steady impact, i just hope he can keep healthy and rebound, i dont care if he scores 1 point a game, but he needs to grab boards and no get dunked on .. defense is huge in the nba, bargs needs to work on his game more then any nba player right now, he must find his touch with the ball and be aggressive ... our playoff spot is on his defense, get 1 block this season and i will cheer like never before

Jacob K.
08-06-2008, 04:34 PM
i think he will be fine. wasnt he averageing something like 15 points before he got hurt? and how many 20 point games did he have? he should be just fine

The Wise 1
08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I think Bargnani, as well as the health and success of JO are the 2 most important things. We know Calderon will get the job done, and Bosh'll be great. If JO makes a substantial impact, staying healthy and returning to All-Star form (which I expect he will), and Bargs steps up coming off the bench, then we'll be a very hard team to play against.

I'm with you. If Oneal is healthy and returns close to his allstar level we will meet expectations. The only reason why we have higher expectations then last year is because of the Oneal trade. If we didnt get Oneal we wouldnt be having some people claim we are top 3 in the east. Or top 2 or the best.

Oneal is our X factor

travesy3
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
JO is easily our X-Factor. How can Bargs be an X-Factor for a team that wants to make noise when he won't even be starting? He isn't gonna be Manu off the bench. If JO becomes his old self, we are going to be a very dangerous team, especially come playoff time in my opinion.