PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

lavell12
08-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Take the Brett Favre factor away, how good and talented is Aaron Rodgers? Personally I think at best he will be a serviceble QB in the NFL. I think he could make one Pro Bowl if he is lucky. I don't think he will be awful or anything but I don't see him bring really anything special either. I say low down side and low upside.

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm not high on Rogers at all. I think he will be a decent starter, but don't expect anything spectacular. I more excited about the Packer rookies than I'am Rogers. I just don't see him doing anything noteworthy in the NFL. And so far as Rogers making a pro-bowl, that is a far stretch.

lavell12
08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
The thing that I see is a guy who does have a good instinct and feel for the game not just a guy with a golden arm and a two cent head. He isn't Joey Harrington.

socalpkrbkr
I'm not high on Rogers at all. I think he will be a decent starter, but don't expect anything spectacular. I more excited about the Packer rookies than I'am Rogers. I just don't see him doing anything noteworthy in the NFL. And so far as Rogers making a pro-bowl, that is a far stretch.

It's Aaron Rodgers.

LOL Rogers... wtf:laugh:

RcrkllrH2
from what i have seen in games, and in practices i can see aaron as a potential star in the league with a ton of upside....

he is a young mobile qb who can make things happen out of the pocket....he has a very strong arm and can whip the ball from a variety of arm positions.

when he is in the pocket and making throws he has something upwards of a 95% spiral ratio (meaning he throws a spiral 95% of the time) and its always a nice tight spiral.

he has been sitting in the wings for three years learning from the best qb you possibly can, and when he has needed to come in he has done looked and played very well (see the dallas game)

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:40 PM
It's Aaron Rodgers.

LOL Rogers... wtf:laugh:

Is that all you have to say. Wow I'm glad you can spell this bums name.

lavell12
08-06-2008, 01:40 PM
While I love Favre and all, I think Favre maybe a bad QB to be learning from. His unconvential style and great plays should not be duplicated.

Padres Son
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I think Rcrkllr and I are the only ones who think that Rodgers has a good shot to become a very good quarterback. The guy has proven himself at every level and has been learning from one of the best for the past four years.

My girlfriend is a huge Packers fan and she has no faith in Aaron. She gets mad at me when I tell her that he's going to be great.

mntnvew
08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
The thing that I see is a guy who does have a good instinct and feel for the game not just a guy with a golden arm and a two cent head. He isn't Joey Harrington.

Funny, I was thinking the other day, he is a lot like Joey Harrington, just a little less whining... I see him traded and a nobody in a few years... He went where he did in the draft for a reason folks!

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
i think its time to see what rodgers has. i have a feeling he might suprise us. of course the 1st game we lose, everyone is going to want rodgers head and wish favre was back, but i think were going to do pretty well this year. i still have much confidence on going far.

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Is that all you have to say. Wow I'm glad you can spell this bums name.

You've said nothing other than you think he's a bum. When have you seen Aaron Rodgers play for the Packers? How do you know what he can or can't do? When was the last time he was leading our team? Yeah you've got nothing to base your ignorant statement on. While he may wind up being great or as you say a "bum" its all guess work on your part. Why don't you get on board with this team and it's apparent future QB and show him some support rather than calling him a bum.

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I think your expectations are a little high. He might do well but chances are he bombs. I can think of one QB that followed a legendary player at that position that ever amounted to anything, and that was Young. The Favre shadow will simply be to much for him to handle.

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM
You've said nothing other than you think he's a bum. When have you seen Aaron Rodgers play for the Packers? How do you know what he can or can't do? When was the last time he was leading our team? Yeah you've got nothing to base your ignorant statement on. While he may wind up being great or as you say a "bum" its all guess work on your part. Why don't you get on board with this team and it's apparent future QB and show him some support rather than calling him a bum.

I've watched Aaron RoDgers play his whole college career. When have you seen him play as a Packer in a real game other than against the Cowboys for a half? And I do support the Packers. I've always liked the Pack. But Rodgers isn't the answer.

lavell12
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I think Rcrkllr and I are the only ones who think that Rodgers has a good shot to become a very good quarterback. The guy has proven himself at every level and has been learning from one of the best for the past four years.

My girlfriend is a huge Packers fan and she has no faith in Aaron. She gets mad at me when I tell her that he's going to be great.

I think every QB in the league has proven themself at every level before the NFL. There aren't guys who sucked in HS, and College in the NFL.

My only worry is that he is another Jeff Tedford product.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't really think you can judge a QB until he has 16 starts under his belt. I'm just a naturally optimistic/positive person. When I see Aaron Rodgers I see a guy that can move in the pocket and make reasonably smart decisions under pressure. He has a very good arm and is pretty accurate.

I really don't see how you could be real down on him.

lavell12
08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't really think you can judge a QB until he has 16 starts under his belt. I'm just a naturally optimistic/positive person. When I see Aaron Rodgers I see a guy that can move in the pocket and make reasonably smart decisions under pressure. He has a very good arm and is pretty accurate.

I really don't see how you could be real down on him.

I agree and think he will do a decent job. I've never had any problems with Aaron here through the Favre mess. I just think we needed a playmaker at the position to contend for a title. I like our team's talent and all but I'm not sure we are good enough yet to win with just a servicable QB.

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, we have a lot to be excited for, but if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, heads will roll.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, we have a lot to be excited for, but if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, heads will roll.

Considering Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson are together on all these decisions I can't see heads rolling after just one season. It would be ridiculous for Mark Murphy to fire anyone.

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
A-Rod will be better than Favre. You heard it here first ;)

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Thats just plain laughable.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Although it's not likely, who the hell knows.

Nobody thought Tom Brady would be better than Drew Bledsoe. Eh.

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I've watched Aaron RoDgers play his whole college career. When have you seen him play as a Packer in a real game other than against the Cowboys for a half? And I do support the Packers. I've always liked the Pack. But Rodgers isn't the answer.

So you must have just moved to Florida then? You probably have the Direct TV college pass or whatever its called, right? I've got a buddy who actually has seen every game Rodgers played at Cal and the word bum was never associated with him when he described Aaron's play.

Whatever man, call him what you want to. I just think it's funny that you've nothing to base calling him that on. He sure wasn't a "bum" at Cal.

lavell12
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Considering Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson are together on all these decisions I can't see heads rolling after just one season. It would be ridiculous for Mark Murphy to fire anyone.

while Murphy is going along with TT if the pressure in GB is too much Murph will fire TT. If Favre has a great year and TB or whoever he is on go deep in the playoffs and Rodgers is bad heads will roll. Deservingly so. TT has know he put his job on the line here.

WickedBadMan
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I think he will eventually develop into an solid QB, but in the near future the Packers will miss the window of opportunity for a Superbowl. Rodgers can't throw deep to save his life so he will be getting picked off a lot early on, and be getting sacked a lot early on as teams will load up the box more often than previous years. Cover 2 and loaded box all day. Definitely no shot at the playoffs this year.

Mon., Sept. 8 Minnesota Vikings - Packers won last year due to the extremely weak secondary that now they no longer have someone to throw the ball. With the Vikings very improved defense/offense - Loss
Sun., Sept. 14 @ Detroit Lions - Win
Sun., Sept. 21 Dallas Cowboys - Loss
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Loss
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons - Win
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks - Loss
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts - Loss
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans - Loss
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings - Loss
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears - Win
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints - Loss
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers - Win
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans - ?
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Win
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears - Loss - Never sweep the Bears anymore.
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions - Win

7-8 / 6-9 count on it.

fhatmanz
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Although it's not likely, who the hell knows.

Nobody thought Tom Brady would be better than Drew Bledsoe. Eh.

Or Tony Romo for that matter.

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
It's going to be pretty fun watching a young kid like Rodgers. Realize that against the Cowboys he looked pretty good. We have a great running game. Grant is going to put up 1600 yards, at least. Mark it down. We have a certifiable weapon in the backfield. All Rodgers is going to have to do is throw the slant route well. Slants, and short little routes. The Packers will be fine, I'm thinking. Hopefully the defense continues to improve. At least we'll know if it's 20 below in January that Rodgers won't look cold.

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I think he will eventually develop into an solid QB, but in the near future the Packers will miss the window of opportunity for a Superbowl. Rodgers can't throw deep to save his life so he will be getting picked off a lot early on, and be getting sacked a lot early on as teams will load up the box more often than previous years. Cover 2 and loaded box all day. Definitely no shot at the playoffs this year.

Mon., Sept. 8 Minnesota Vikings - Packers won last year due to the extremely weak secondary that now they no longer have someone to throw the ball. With the Vikings very improved defense/offense - Loss
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date

7-8 / 6-9 count on it.

Your post loses all credibility when you try to tell me that there are 15 games in an NFL season.

Martz
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Take the Brett Favre factor away, how good and talented is Aaron Rodgers? Personally I think at best he will be a serviceble QB in the NFL. I think he could make one Pro Bowl if he is lucky. I don't think he will be awful or anything but I don't see him bring really anything special either. I say low down side and low upside.

I could see a Jeff Garcia type. Not great but decent. I still truly feel he's in a very fail safe system where he'd have to be God aweful to fail. As far as our talent at wide reciever, our improving running game and a (hopeful) stud at RB, on top of the quick toss West Coast offense aka get the ball to the recievers and watch them run for yards, he should be at least serviceable.

WickedBadMan
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Oops forgot the Minnesota game up top for the extra loss. Well I will admit I shouldn't have just counted and taken the numbers at face value. But I think that my miscounting < Thinking Ryan Grant is going to do what LT has done once in the last 4 years LOL :laugh2: .

lavell12
08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
My biggest problem is after Favre retired the Packers did nothing to make the team better and help Rodgers. We didn't sign anyone worth noting and drafted a few okay guys but nothing special. We basically just took Favre out of the lineup and replaced him with an experienced QB. Not to mention the stupidity of not getting a real backup QB.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Or Tony Romo for that matter.

Well alot of ppl anticipated him to be pretty good when they saw more of him in preseason & camp, they were calling for Bledsoe's head when they were winning with Bledsoe.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:33 PM

For real? He will shatter all of the NFL passing records set by Favre?:speechless:

Lol. U can predict he'll be good, but don't guarantee he'll be better than a first ballot HOFamer. :eyebrow:

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
He won't break Favre's records, he is gonna break Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's records.

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh, an records don't mean anything in comparison to championships.

WickedBadMan
08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't count on it. Half the reason Favre has those records is because he has made every start. MANY NFL players careers end early due to injury. Hell Peyton just had surgery on his knee, one bad hit and hes done, god forbid.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Eh, Junior, I think your being a bit ridiculous. There's no way he will touch Peyton Manning's records. Absolutely no way. Peyton Manning came into the league at 22-23 years of age and was pumping 4,000 yards and 25-30 TD's from the start.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh, an records don't mean anything in comparison to championships.

Dude u need to calm down. Having hopes for ur team is good, but plz don't go overboard thinking we'll be a dynasty. It's hard enough getting even 1 so 2,3,or 4 is not gonna happen for any team in the near future. Unless the cap is gone, then the Raiders or Cowboys will, LOL.

And thinking Rodgers will top Favre, Brady and Manning? Lol, ur r funny, I might put it in my sig, LAWLZ.

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
You guys are too serious. Lighten up and pull for A-rod to do the Packers fans proud!!

newdude
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
You guys are too serious. Lighten up and pull
for A-rod to do the Packers fans proud!!

It's not about being serious or not. Being optimistic is good, but u took it overboard:D

lavell12
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I love how people try to say Brett only won one championship. Yet are down Payton's pants. He has won just one last I checked. Plus the Packers were terrible before Brett came along and saved them.

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
It's not about being serious or not. Being optimistic is good, but u took it overboard:D

I was being facetious with those comments.

And the Packers won 11 championships before Favre, and will win more after Favre.

newdude
08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I was being facetious with those comments.

And the Packers won 11 championships before Favre, and will win more after Favre.

Well, they weren't funny...:rolleyes:

But who knows with the SB. Did u not remember that huge gap between our SB wins with the last one. And some teams haven't even got one, so let's just pray every year.

akorber
08-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Funny, I was thinking the other day, he is a lot like Joey Harrington, just a little less whining... I see him traded and a nobody in a few years... He went where he did in the draft for a reason folks!

yea, he went in the first round. you peopl think that just because he didnt get picked in the top 5, or number 1, that he's gonna suck. alex smith was the #1 pick that year and hows he doing? he aint doin ****. what about tom brady lasting until the 6th round? or terell davis lasting to the 7th? just because a guy is drafted a little late or he drops down a little, doesnt me he sucks. people want to believe that rodgers will suck because they want favre back. truth is, we dont know how good rodgers is going to be? thats why they play the game folks. you think when don majikowski got hurt and favre had to replace him, that favre would be the HOF that he is today? no way. guys, im a packerfan just like everyone else in here. why dont we wait and see how rodgers is before we start bannishing him to the arena league.

Padres Son
08-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I think every QB in the league has proven themself at every level before the NFL. There aren't guys who sucked in HS, and College in the NFL.

My only worry is that he is another Jeff Tedford product.I was referring to the road he's had getting to where he is. He got no respect out of HS and had to go to JuCo. He proved himself there and got a scholarship to Cal. He had to earn the starting job there. He proved himself to be a very good quarterback and could have been the #1 pick. Now he's been stuck behind Favre for all these years and will have to prove himself again.

I guess I'm one of those naive people who actually believes he will.

Padres Son
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Also, you really never know what a guy is going to do when he finally gets the chance. Brady wasn't supposed to ever be anything but a backup. When Bledsoe got hurt, EVERYONE thought that was the end of a promising looking season. It ended up with Brady winning a Super Bowl and Bledsoe never playing for the Pats again.

It was almost the exact same story for Kurt f'n Warner. The dude actually WAS in the arena league. When Trent Green went down, Dick Vermeil actually cried in the press conference... that's how sure he was that their season was done. Six months later, Warner was the Super Bowl MVP.

I'm not even a Packer fan... I'm just saying to all of the haters that Rodgers deserves a chance.

newdude
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, he IS getting a chance now isn't he?

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Your post loses all credibility when you try to tell me that there are 15 games in an NFL season.

haha. i was thinking the same exact thing

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 04:00 PM
i swear, most of these ppl are just straight up favre fans and not packer fans. we cant say nothing about rodgers untils he has a season under his belt, and from what i remember, when he got his chance to playat least in the dallas game, i must say he looked pretty decent.

junior_trane
08-06-2008, 04:03 PM
You must still be in high school. Isn't it about time for you to catch a bus? See fellas, this kid is the end result of our education system producing idiots. Be prepared for a long life as a 3rd shifter son.

For an older, mature person, you sure do act rather childish. I am just a fan that supports his team. You got a problem with that?

newdude
08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
i swear, most of these ppl are just straight up favre fans and not packer fans. we cant say nothing about rodgers untils he has a season under his belt, and from what i remember, when he got his chance to playat least in the dallas game, i must say he looked pretty decent.

Oh, not another post mentioning the Dallas game :pity:

They didn't gameplan for Rodgers, by the time he went in, they decided to play a prevent defense.:)

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh, not another post mentioning the Dallas game :pity:

They didn't gameplan for Rodgers, by the time he went in, they decided to play a prevent defense.:)

haha yeah thats true. i guess the point i was basically trying to make is that us packer fans have to give rodgers a chance. yes, we will lose some games, and plus, its not his fault that the FO is stupid. i have some faith in him though. we shall see what happens

newdude
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
haha yeah thats true. i guess the point i was basically trying to make is that us packer fans have to give rodgers a chance. yes, we will lose some games, and plus, its not his fault that the FO is stupid. i have some faith in him though. we shall see what happens

Hehe,True, we are still Packers fan, gotta support the ppl in the team, even if we don't agree with the management. God, I feel like a Lions fan:D

darkhorse27
08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
All Rodgers supporters he is in the perfect situation he has a great defense so he can afford to make mistakes he has wide receiving core that is 5 deep that was a top 5 team in YAC meaning he just has to complete 10 to 20 yard passes for the big play instead of the 40 and 50 yard bombs he has two veteran tackles and two tremendous upside running backs in B-Jax and Grant... If Rodgers can't win in Green Bay this year he probably isn't the guy. Don't tell me its his rookie season or the pressure of filling a legends shoes heck Kyle friggen Orton in 2005 went 10-5 as the bears starter throwing for less then 2,000 yards 13int's to 9 TD's and made the playoffs. If the Rodgers can't make the playoffs with a defense i feel better then the bears 05' this season will definetly be a waste an a waste of a 1st round pick.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
You must still be in high school. Isn't it about time for you to catch a bus? See fellas, this kid is the end result of our education system producing idiots. Be prepared for a long life as a 3rd shifter son.

Your judging some guys entire life and education simply because he has a different view than you on the Packers situation? Just the fact that you come on here so often and rip on people in such a way makes me think your a pretty sad/pathetic individual with some insecurity issues.

If your going to come back with some typical snobby/useless comment, don't even bother. You drag the board down with your drivel enough as it is.

babbaman
08-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Take it from a die hard Bears fan....you guys have been spoiled for these past 16 years. You think someone like Favre comes around very often? I have yet to see another Walter Payton play for Da Bears! I can't believe your FO did what they did. I think it is a case of ego getting in the way, personally. I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that Rodgers has been on IR (more than once) without ever having started a game? We've had over 30 starting QBs during the time you have had one! Hind sight will be 20/20 I am afraid, only then it's too late. He's got a couple/few more years left. You should take advantage of it while you can. There will be more Aaron Rodgers, but Favres are very hard to come by. Good luck with this endeavor, Packer fans....I look forward to seeing how well Aaron handles our Defense and if he'll be able to bounce back up the way Brett did when we knocked him down.

XJW18
08-06-2008, 05:47 PM

Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date

7-8 / 6-9 count on it.

How do u have us beating the Jags but losing to the Titans

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 09:27 PM
We've had over 30 starting QBs during the time you have had one! Hind sight will be 20/20 I am afraid, only then it's too late. He's got a couple/few more years left. You should take advantage of it while you can.

Just because your organization is completely inept when it comes to evaluating, drafting, developing offensive talent doesn't mean the Packers will go 25 years without a quarterback. Pretty poor comparison. We might have 2 QB's better than your current QB's, and thats just from drafting in the last four years.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Just because your organization is completely inept when it comes to evaluating, drafting, developing offensive talent doesn't mean the Packers will go 25 years without a quarterback. Pretty poor comparison. We might have 2 QB's better than your current QB's, and thats just from drafting in the last four years.

Don't be too harsh dude, u should know how hard it is to replace a legend at qb. Many teams struggle to do it and we went through it when Starr retired.

cartman
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM

finally some one whos a packer fan not just a favre this and that

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Aaron Rodgers will be a good NFL starting Quarterback, at the very worst.

Where's KG?
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Aaron Rodgers....well quite honeslty we know nothing. Hell, he could be the next Tom Brady for all you know. Or the Next Akili Smith. Predictions cant really be made on QB's. I mean Peyton and Eli were obvious, but really you never have any idea. Not making the playoffs is a real possibility, there will be growing pains, thats for sure. I have been watching it with TJack the last few years. Still don't know about him. The key will be the O-Line at this point, protection will be key, as if he gets bumrushed every freakin play he may hate life and learning may take a bit longer. I just hope the Pack fans understand that too. If the pack starts 0-2 or something like that is he going to get booed out of the stadium just because of the past? What a freakin standard that was set before him. I would not wish to be him at all. I just see so many posts about how Rodgers will be a good quarterback, or how he will be mediocre, or even how he will suck. Quite honestly no hane has the slightest f%^ &ing clue what is going to happen....He has never started a freakin game!!!! When he gets on the field next year...gues which NFL quarterback will be the leat experienced? Aaron Rodgers. Give the guy a chance....I do see Brohm as a better fit personally, what an arm!!! I believe next year will be a better time to evaluate the whole thing...should be fun for yall. To think...that whole post was from a Vikes fan....no disrespect at all...just my view.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Your judging some guys entire life and education simply because he has a different view than you on the Packers situation? Just the fact that you come on here so often and rip on people in such a way makes me think your a pretty sad/pathetic individual with some insecurity issues.

If your going to come back with some typical snobby/useless comment, don't even bother. You drag the board down with your drivel enough as it is.

No insecurities here sonny boy. I talk to people on here like I do my buddies when we're out watching games together. We rip on each other. Sorry if you take it so personally. BrewCityBuck = Excellence in posting - are you f-ing kidding me?

I ripped on this child because he is being an idiot when he says Rodgers will win the Super Bowl this year and other years as well as being in the ProBowl. He's not being optimistic, he's being stupid. I'm sure you agree with him though, since you two are cut from the same cloth.

If you don't like my posts, put me on your ignore list. I only wish the mods on this site would allow a vote on who would go and who would stay between you and I. That way we wouldn't have to listen to your mindless crap about Rodgers in the Dallas game, how his performance in camp is meaningless etc.

hawkeye
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Take it from a die hard Bears fan....you guys have been spoiled for these past 16 years. You think someone like Favre comes around very often? I have yet to see another Walter Payton play for Da Bears! I can't believe your FO did what they did. I think it is a case of ego getting in the way, personally. I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that Rodgers has been on IR (more than once) without ever having started a game? We've had over 30 starting QBs during the time you have had one! Hind sight will be 20/20 I am afraid, only then it's too late. He's got a couple/few more years left. You should take advantage of it while you can. There will be more Aaron Rodgers, but Favres are very hard to come by. Good luck with this endeavor, Packer fans....I look forward to seeing how well Aaron handles our Defense and if he'll be able to bounce back up the way Brett did when we knocked him down.

Well stated. Most all of my buddies are Bear fans as I live in Chicago. They all said that they would have driven to Mississippi to give Brett a lift to Bears camp. For the first time in my life, I'm actually agreeing with Bear fans. Thanks for that Ted.

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
You know what I love/hate about fans? They are crazy for their teams to a fault. Not everything said is meant for serious debate and analysis. Aaron Rodgers can be a good qb. You either agree or disagree. In the end we are all guessing because until he goes out and shows us one way or the other, we don't know. If you go overboard, I am gonna ride you just to get under your skin until you stop and realize it is NOT THAT SERIOUS.

Now, back to what I was saying about A-Rod:

He is the next Willie Beamon. He is going to revolutionize the QB position.

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
What if he gets hurt?

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, what if Favre gets hurt?

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
No I mean rodgers

junior_trane
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Then he gets hurt and someone else plays.

What if Favre gets hurt though? Will some of you guys think any differently?

What if Rodgers plays really well?

What if Favre retires a Jet just to stick it to the Packers?

darkhorse27
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Then he gets hurt and someone else plays.

What if Favre gets hurt though? Will some of you guys think any differently?

What if Rodgers plays really well?

What if Favre retires a Jet just to stick it to the Packers?

1. If he gets hurt then are team rests on a true rookie, no team in the nfl that is not rebuilding wants a rookie quarterback starting why do u think guys like Doug Pederson, and Brian Greise are still in the league. I feel Brohm will be a good player but Flynn will be even better but i don't want either of them starting this year.

2. What if Farve get hurt? What if this what if that.. Farve has never missed a game so i find it more likely for Rodgers to get hurt then Farve, an What if Farve leds the Jets to the super bowl? then will some of you guys think any differently?

3. If Rodgers plays really well then they have done there job they are paid to coach Rodgers since he was drafted they are TT made sure he would start this year. Rodgers is suppose to play well he is a 1st round pick who has been groomed by McCarthy an Clements for the last years. The question should be what if Rodgers plays bad?

4. If farve retires a Jet i will be upset no doubt about, but i think i'll still be more upset for Green Bay trading him to NY.

RcrkllrH2
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
i really dont think brett would retire as a jet

he has said very often that he "understands the packers position" so brett understands what the packers are doing

on a side note....i dont think brett will WANT to retire as a jet after 2 years of mediocrity and losing with no hope of going to the playoffs...no offense against favre and/or the jets....i just dont think the have the talent to win in the AFC

hughest4
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I could see a Jeff Garcia type. Not great but decent. I still truly feel he's in a very fail safe system where he'd have to be God aweful to fail. As far as our talent at wide reciever, our improving running game and a (hopeful) stud at RB, on top of the quick toss West Coast offense aka get the ball to the recievers and watch them run for yards, he should be at least serviceable.

I actually do like Rodgers, i just would have rather had Favre as the starting QB. I have been making the Garcia/Rodgers comparisons for a while because i definitely see some similarities between the two. Hopefully Rodgers can be tough and win us some ball games

i dont think brett will WANT to retire as a jet after 2 years of mediocrity and losing with no hope of going to the playoffs...no offense against favre and/or the jets....i just dont think the have the talent to win in the AFC

The Jets have more then enough talent to win in the AFC. They went out and improved their O-Line a ton with the signings of Faneca and Woody. Thomas Jones should have a field day because teams will be worrying about Favre and those talented receivers so much. I fully expect us to receive atleast a 2nd rounder for him.