PDA

View Full Version : Have we finally found a PG?

AI
08-06-2008, 01:15 PM
It's been said that Pargo, former PG for the Hornets, is drawing interest both from us and the Spurs. The Spurs already used most of it's mid-level exception by signing Roger Mason JR which leaves us in good position to sign him if we actually want.

So, if Pargo signs with us. Will you be happy to have him as our PG, or would you want us to trade for a quality PG?

Joshtd1
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Dont really think Pargo would be the answer..hes more of a undersized SG anyway.

IMO, he is pretty much the same player as Atkins...just taller.

*Superman*
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
^Younger and better then Atkins though.

FNM BOY
08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
You guys have 2 big holes to fill PG is one...who is going to do what Marcus did for you guys last season at C.????

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
You guys have 2 big holes to fill PG is one...who is going to do what Marcus did for you guys last season at C.????

The whole team. The Nuggets will hafta step and play D as a team. we picked up two players this off season who can play solid man-to-man D and Nene is a much better on-ball defender than Camby. hopefully Melo improves his D this year too. :pray:

DJiC
08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
nene if healthy might not be the shot blocker camby was but im sure nene can rebound and play a whole lot better defense on big true C than camby did...finding a pg like pargo is one thing signing him is another

jeff86
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
at this point anyone over chucky and ac right now is fine

everytime i saw pargo he seemed to bring good energy so that may fight this team.

I hate when people say losing camby will give us terrible defense. Camby was a good off the ball defender. Our defense normally sucked cause we thought he was always there to defend. He wasnt very good on man to man defense. Not enough bulk to him.

Nene, on the other hand, I have seen him play pretty good defense on the bigger big man in the league. A few years ago TD said Nene was one of the toughest defenders he faced in awhile.

I think our team defense mindset will change this year to tell you the truth. This is of course if Nene can stay healthy

Joshtd1
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
I think Nene will do just fine playing center. He is a pretty good post defender because he is pretty strong, and somewhat quick. He is a much better offensive option then Camby as well.

I personally think the Nuggets should just put AI and PG, and have a natural sized SG(6'5, 6'6) at the SG spot. It wouldnt create as many defensive mismatches for the Nugs with AI at the PG spot.

Weasel
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
The Pacers are determined to find a new home for Jamal Tinsley.

I think he's be an interesting solution to our PG weakness.

Obviously, there are some issues but this team hasn't been afraid to bring in issue guys (JR, Martin, ...). Tinsley may not be the best shooter but he can distribute the ball pretty well and he can contribute defensively. He likes to drive to the basket like AI and Melo which isn't really going to add anything but at least he's a threat of some kind to score unlike the guys we use now at that position.

There are probably salary reasons why this wouldn't work and his tendency to get in trouble off court is something this team doesn't need any more of but there are things he does pretty well on the court that the Nuggets do need.

Is this a crazy idea or could it work?

Weasel
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Sorry AI4Life, I didn't really address your question.

Would I be happy to have Pargo? Not really. He gives us a bit of a different look at PG but we would still have a collection of guys there who should be backing up someone better. I'd prefer that we do something a bit more dramatic back there.

Actually I'd prefer a new FO at this point.

DJiC
08-07-2008, 12:59 AM
crazy idea because he's injury prone and tinsely is kinda overpaid

RocketsRule
08-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Pargo has drawn interest from at least two Western Conference teams, the Denver Nuggets and this week from the Spurs.

The San Antonio Express-News on Tuesday morning quoted Bartelstein as saying the parties have discussed options.

"The Spurs speak for themselves," Bartelstein told the newspaper. "It's a great place to play. They are limited in what they can do financially, but we are definitely talking to them. We're trying to get a decision, no question. We're working on it."

San Antonio spent most of its mid-level exception to sign former Washington Wizards point guard Roger Mason Jr., a Bartelstein client. But the Spurs still have a $1.9 million bi-annual exception they could spend on Pargo, who would have earned $1.08 million with the Hornets next season had he not opted out.

From New Orleans Times (http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base//news-0/1218000125181860.xml&coll=1)

Just thought I'd provide the source.

AI
08-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Could the best move be not making one?

I really like one of the posts made that stated playing AI as the starting PG and have a natural sized SG play so it wouldn't create so many mismatches at the defensive end.

When you come to think of it, most of the problems we had on the defensive end were due to to our lack of size in the backcourt. For example, when playing the Lakers we had to double team Kobe creating total destruction on our defense.

If we were to start AI and JR, could that be the solution to all our problems? Because the stats clearly show that when AI gets 7 to 8+ assists in a game we had a high winning percentage.

AI
08-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Not to mention when he had 10+ assists I belive our winning percentage was in the 90's. Have AI play the point, he already plays over 40 minutes a game. Have him feed JR & Melo, and score his 20+ points a game. Problem solved ;)

avsman05
08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
wouldnt that be amazing if we had AI Melo and JR all averaging 20 points a game and since kmart is healthy he might be a possibe 11-14 ppg guy and nene a possible 8-10 pt guy focusing more on D.

IversonIsKrazy
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
sure doesnt solve our perimeter D. i mean if JR becomes more mature, we'll b ok. but AI at point will solve our us being under-sized on defence. Melo needs to step-up and b a co-captian and play some D. AI will get us over 2spg. JR doesnt have bad D, he tries a lot and isnt bad, he just needs 2 mature-up. Melo needs a lot of help on D. We got good interior-toughness & D w/ Nene & K-Mart. Our new 6th man may end up being the in-consistency of Linas Kleiza. We need to make our bench a little better.

PG: AC/Atkins
SG: Weems<-- IDK?
SF: LK
PF: Balkman/Birdman
C: Hunter<-- NEED 2 CHANGE

I say lets c how we do w/ AI at point and c how we do w/ our roster until end of december/ begining of january. Then if doesn't, make major trades.

zamudio_jorge
08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
iverson ruined the nuggets.
miller smith anthony martin camby was a lot better than the team with iverson .

C-Dub
08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
as far as i know we won more games with iverson, and have improved every year since

avsman05
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
82-64 w allen iverson in 146 regular season games and the last 146 regular season games with andre miller they went 80-66 so about the same actually with AI 2 games better.

TheFuture6
08-09-2008, 09:49 AM
We have a playmaker, his name is Iverson.

We just need to have a solid guard who can hit the three ball next to him.... Oh wait, we have that too, in J.R. Smith.

What we need is a coach with a plan. :nod:

C-Dub
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM

We just need to have a solid guard who can hit the three ball next to him.... Oh wait, we have that too, in J.R. Smith.

Very very wwell said, I completely agree

C-Dub
08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
82-64 w allen iverson in 146 regular season games and the last 146 regular season games with andre miller they went 80-66 so about the same actually with AI 2 games better.

I actually think we will win more than 50 this year and improve even more, even with the roster we have now. The team has known eachother for a while now (excluding how camby and najera are gone), the star players know who they are (Melo, AI, Smith, Kmart arguably) and we will have everyone healthy to start the season.

Nene and kmart together will be a huge and very good difference in my eyes. We have a post game now.

Also we pretty much only have 2 captains now and not 3 since Camby is gone, that will allow the team to work more coheasivly I think because we dont have all the "its my team listen to me" type of thing going on, and AI knows its Melo's team. On that note, without Camby the team will have to play better D and more of a together style because they can't rely on Camby. You can bet Melo, Kmart, and Nene will get like 8 rebounds each a game and Birdman and Balkman and maybe Keliza if he stays could get 4 each. The defense will become better too, hopefully, because he isnt there.

The new players we got will certainly help us a lot and probably will be played. I think if Karl just coached better we would easily make the Western Conference Finals for sure. But, I guess, we'll see.

avsman05
08-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I actually think we will win more than 50 this year and improve even more, even with the roster we have now. The team has known eachother for a while now (excluding how camby and najera are gone), the star players know who they are (Melo, AI, Smith, Kmart arguably) and we will have everyone healthy to start the season.

Nene and kmart together will be a huge and very good difference in my eyes. We have a post game now.

Also we pretty much only have 2 captains now and not 3 since Camby is gone, that will allow the team to work more coheasivly I think because we dont have all the "its my team listen to me" type of thing going on, and AI knows its Melo's team. On that note, without Camby the team will have to play better D and more of a together style because they can't rely on Camby. You can bet Melo, Kmart, and Nene will get like 8 rebounds each a game and Birdman and Balkman and maybe Keliza if he stays could get 4 each. The defense will become better too, hopefully, because he isnt there.

The new players we got will certainly help us a lot and probably will be played. I think if Karl just coached better we would easily make the Western Conference Finals for sure. But, I guess, we'll see.

I completely agree but just think what this team could do with a descent PG not even a great 1 just has to be able to play d and shoot the three.

IndiansFan337
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Pargo is similar to AI in the fact that he's a SG in a PG's body.

He played great last season alongside Chris Paul.

He isn't the playmaking PG that this team needs. I'm not saying that he won't help you guys -- because he would -- but he isn't the team's answer at PG.

C-Dub
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
id take livingston for now on a minimum signing and the start atkins for a while, atkins is ok and he can distribute and shoot the 3, i dont know much about him, but thats pretty much what i know, he wqas just kinda rusty last season cuz he was hurt. of course i take all this back if we get a better PG, but hey if we dont we do have something to be, i wont say excited, but looking forward to seeing how he does with us while hes healthy

Katspinal1313
08-10-2008, 12:33 AM

This is the best Nuggets post I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

TheFuture6
08-10-2008, 02:36 AM
This is the best Nuggets post I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Take that DenButsu with your essays! :laugh2:

Just kidding. :love:

DenButsu
08-10-2008, 04:32 AM

Hey, all quality posts much, MUCH more than welcome. :nod:

A lot of the time, someone else could probably say the same thing I'm trying to say with a lot less words. I was never good at doing that, though, so I only write books. :p But short and simple tends to pack a more powerful punch a lot of the time.

But it was recently brought up (again) in the offseason thread (now the schedule thread) that some posters here might try their hand at writing articles or blog type posts. I'd love to see that, too.

Game_Over
08-10-2008, 04:36 AM

Yeah Go Future lol, Den is to serious with me since I had a different opinion in the political front.. Den I may still vote for your guy yet so don't hate me too much!!

cp3 4 mvp
08-11-2008, 03:11 PM
ya'll dont want pargo, he takes horrible shots and shoots horrible percentages but he willl fit in perfectly for ya'll since he cant play defense so he will not upgrade denver at all.

DenButsu
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah Go Future lol, Den is to serious with me since I had a different opinion in the political front.. Den I may still vote for your guy yet so don't hate me too much!!

Game Over, you should know by now that I'm serious with everybody.

:p

And of course I don't hate you or anybody else on PSD... I just wish that the people who disagree with me could finally realize once and for all that I'm right and they're wrong. :smoking:

IversonIsKrazy
08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
if we want to sign a pg, i think the only 1 that will actually help will b Shaun Livingston. Hes a 6'7 pg. which means we dont have to go thru mis-matching on defence. AI can guard the pg, and s-living can guard the sg. Plus this way our bench still stays amazing w/ JR as our 6th man.