PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe Play against Greece?

Hellcrooner
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Ok, everyone in Usa may want to avenge world cups defeat against greece i guess, and Kobe is a big part of it.

But wich is more important, to win it all even if it is with one defeat or to try to go undefeated ?.

IF waht you want is a clean sheet you will have to risk kobe against Greece, if you just want the gold you better sit him.

Im taking in consideration that this game is just a 1st round, group stage game, im aware that you could make the same argument for the match against argentina , but since that onw will be a knockout game you cant go slowing down,

Why im telling he should not play against Greece, well as a Laker Fan i wouldnt like him to miss half the next season because some Greek Thug intentionaly kicked his sore Pinkie and injured him Badly.

Greeks play hard, and Greeks Play Dirty, they have always done so , so you can BET that if Kobe is on the pitch they will constantly be trying to take advantage of his injury, so he could break and dont be able to compete the rest of the olympcis, so Is it worth to gamble on it?.

Better sit him against greece.

daleja424
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
theres NO WAY that kobe or team usa backs down from greece... NO WAY at all. Guess what... Bruce Bowen is dirty too...Kobe doesnt sit against him. If Greece takes a cheap shot they better be scared b/c Melo will hit their smallest player and then run... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Lakerfrk
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
So, you sit a player becasue you are afraid he will get hurt? If that was the case Kobe wouldnt have come to the Olympics at all.. Play him.

Hellcrooner
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
You dont even realize HOW DIRTY does Greece Play.

Thanks god that games are not played at their arenas ....

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
there is no way coach K sits him out :pity:

Vegasguy80
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Worthless thread! You make no sense...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Worthless thread! You make no sense...

:laugh2:

JWalk126
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
you forgot to mention that the FIBA refs like Greece (Eurobasket 07 was a joke)

RapsFan4Life
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
theres NO WAY that kobe or team usa backs down from greece... NO WAY at all. Guess what... Bruce Bowen is dirty too...Kobe doesnt sit against him. If Greece takes a cheap shot they better be scared b/c Melo will hit their smallest player and then run... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LMAO ... damn mello hahaha, thats funny

SHONIE
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

JordansBulls
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Why did he go to the Olympics if he is going to sit?

BTownTeamsRKing
this guy has a point.

but if they wanna fight, they better be ready to get smashed by D12. he probly could take their whole team by himself.

USA doesnt back down to anyone and if they r as dirty as u say, maybe we can give Ron Artest a call

Chaudhry
yea i think its ridiculas to sit kobe cause your afraid he's gonna get injured... what about dwade? he's coming off an injury and he plays in the paint quite alot with his cuts to the basket... if greece is as dirty as you say he's more susceptible to injury... lebron is the same... just coming off an injury and he plays physical... every player on the US team means as much to their respective clubs as kobe does to the lakers... so if your afraid kobe will get hurt and he should sit... then sit everyone... don't even play...

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-06-2008, 11:21 AM
LMAO ... damn mello hahaha, thats funny

lmao @ 44second he hit him so hard u coud hear it! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_HD5VPAmk

kb24ap28
08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Why im telling he should not play against Greece, well as a Laker Fan i wouldnt like him to miss half the next season because some Greek Thug intentionaly kicked his sore Pinkie and injured him Badly.

Greeks play hard, and Greeks Play Dirty, they have always done so , so you can BET that if Kobe is on the pitch they will constantly be trying to take advantage of his injury, so he could break and dont be able to compete the rest of the olympcis, so Is it worth to gamble on it?.

hey i resent that im greek. watch what ur saying here buddy its pretty offending

JWalk126
08-06-2008, 11:27 AM
hey i resent that im greek. watch what ur saying here buddy its pretty offending

youre offended that the Greeks play dirty basketball?

kb24ap28
08-06-2008, 11:30 AM
they dont play dirty basketball where are u getting this info from

they play great and they pass the ball well, i watched them this summer in the pre olympic qualifier and they did not play dirty whatsoever

mfudge
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM

they play great and they pass the ball well, i watched them this summer in the pre olympic qualifier and they did not play dirty whatsoever

then what are you offended about? quit being a baby.

Zefflin
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Sit Kobe?

That has got to be the worst idea since the singing bass on the wall. I mean that really takes stupid into a new realm of herculean idiotcy.

G-Funk
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
let him ****ing play basketball

Hellcrooner
08-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Not Dirty?

I still remeber Panathinaikos winning the Euroleague ny one point against barcelona by one point.

it was something like this.

20 seconds left , Barcelona has the ball, 5000 greeks start boing and pressing the Refereee ( after a whole match of throwing things at the referees)

Montero with the ball near the Side, Panathinaikos coach Bozar Malkovich goes into the Pitch and Takles Montero, Referees look the other way, Monetro is still able to pass the ball to another player, he gets a slap in the face, the Referee looks the other way, he is able to pass the ball, theres 3 seconds left, baceolona player is able to shoot the ball, its there is falling down into the basket, then a panathinaikos player pushes the ball from the downside puttin his hands INSIDE the basket.

Te referee does not award the Basket, Panathinaikos win.

This is just ONE of a thousend times the dirty game of greeks is not pusnished by fiba referees, ask any Israley , tuurkish, spanish ot italian team fan.

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
We'll see. We can always sit Kobe during the middle of the game if the Greeks do play like that, and send out our own thug Carmelo.

madiaz3
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM

he didnt say anything about greeks as a whole. hellcrooner is probably one of the more knowledgable PSD users when it comes to the international scene. unless you play for the greek national team I don't see a reason for you to be offended.

curtisjr08
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
You are ridiculous man, why would you bench one of the best defenders. what are you smoking? Kobe is a tough player, even if he gets hit in the pinkie, he is not going to stop playing for the gold. He is serious representing his country. And all those who say different are stupid. I here writers and commentators saying its only for show, its not important to them. Well I say to them how what low-lifes they are because the only person who would think something like that is someone whose character represents that... Listen to yourself, you dont even make sense

sp1derm00
08-06-2008, 02:40 PM
you forget that it's kobe you're talking about.

if you bench him for greece he will explode and go ******* on you... EVEN if you tell him it's to protect him!

Also, his pinky should be alright... unlike some other NBA players, Kobe is a man.

superkegger
08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
why wouldn't he play

JIDsanity
08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Hell Yeah he should play

lakerfan1
08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Kobe will play. There is allways a chance of re injuring his pinky whenever he plays so the Greeks for sure wont stop him from playing.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-06-2008, 05:13 PM
this is a stupid idea do you really think will back down.

hockeypro68
08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Even IF Kobe doesnt play, team USA is plenty good without him.

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:29 PM

shut up.from what u are saying i conclude that u dont have any idea of basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greece playing dirty????come to your senses body!!!!!!!!greece is all about defense!!!!!!!!if u call defense in usa as dirty play thats fine!!!!!!!!!!but we have won u because we had played defense.and thats why i believe that we can beat u again!!!!!!!!!!!!because we are better than we were 2 years ago(and u are more improved)but i suppose u dont know anything about european basketball and anything about defense.i admit it ur team has 13 superstars.but basketball is about teamwork and greece play is defense and teamwork!!!!!!!!!so.........u must edit ur post about the dirty play!!!!!!that sooooo imature!!!!!

#24 Lakerland
08-06-2008, 05:30 PM
It's not a racial thread and you shoudn't take it racial.

Even thought I dont get the thread.

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
you forgot to mention that the FIBA refs like Greece (Eurobasket 07 was a joke)

excuse me????????????did u watch the fibe euro 2007????cause i didnt miss a single minute!!!!!!!fiba referees are favoring us?????not at all.on the contrary!!!!!!!!!!they were agaist us!!!!!!!!!they were favoring spain!!!!!!!!

#24 Lakerland
08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
excuse me????????????did u watch the fibe euro 2007????cause i didnt miss a single minute!!!!!!!fiba referees are favoring us?????not at all.on the contrary!!!!!!!!!!they were agaist us!!!!!!!!!they were favoring spain!!!!!!!!
Dude calm down. I know you're Greek but these are other people's opinion. Greeks do play a little dirty but I'm not going to complain.

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:34 PM

thats right.most of them are imature and they are angry because we had won them!!!!!!i admit it usa has a super team but u cant just say that u are going to beat us and humiliate us!!!!!!!!!!thats so immature~~~~~~!!!!!

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Dude calm down. I know you're Greek but these are other people's opinion. Greeks do play a little dirty but I'm not going to complain.

and honestly,i am supporting usa and greece equally
and most of the times i respect the other people opinions

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:38 PM

no we didnt!!!!!!!!!we played a nice team play!!!!!and a good defense

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Not Dirty?

I still remeber Panathinaikos winning the Euroleague ny one point against barcelona by one point.

20 seconds left , Barcelona has the ball, 5000 greeks start boing and pressing the Refereee ( after a whole match of throwing things at the referees)

Montero with the ball near the Side, Panathinaikos coach Bozar Malkovich goes into the Pitch and Takles Montero, Referees look the other way, Monetro is still able to pass the ball to another player, he gets a slap in the face, the Referee looks the other way, he is able to pass the ball, theres 3 seconds left, baceolona player is able to shoot the ball, its there is falling down into the basket, then a panathinaikos player pushes the ball from the downside puttin his hands INSIDE the basket.

This is just ONE of a thousend times the dirty game of greeks is not pusnished by fiba referees, ask any Israley , tuurkish, spanish ot italian team fan.

dude!!!!!!!!!!!!its not greek basketball that should be punished!!it the imature olympiakos and panathinaikos fans they should be punished!!!!!!!!!i hate the fans that do such awful things.and i thought that we were suppose to discuss about the national teams not the euroleugue bball clubs

LAcowBOMBER
08-06-2008, 05:40 PM
thats right.most of them are imature and they are angry because we had won them!!!!!!i admit it usa has a super team but u cant just say that u are going to beat us and humiliate us!!!!!!!!!!thats so immature~~~~~~!!!!!

I know English isn't your first language, but you beat other teams you didn't won them.

And how is it immature to say that the US team will beat Greece. The US is the superior team. I know many people think that they will be cocky and overlook people, but coach K won't let it happen and Kobe won't let it happen.

BTW the use of 15 !s to end a sentence is pretty immature.

Storch
08-06-2008, 05:42 PM
why should kobe get special treatment? if thats the case, the entire usa team has to sit out. :pity:

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I know English isn't your first language, but you beat other teams you didn't won them.

And how is it immature to say that the US team will beat Greece. The US is the superior team. I know many people think that they will be cocky and overlook people, but coach K won't let it happen and Kobe won't let it happen.

BTW the use of 15 !s to end a sentence is pretty immature.
ok so what????my english aint perfect!but my bball knowledge is good enough to know and admit that u DO have a super team.but nothing is sure.never

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTrwY1fUpc
we do play team bball and fair bball

greek miami hea
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Y2tomVPj4&feature=related
nice team play and nice and solid defense.we dont play dirty

King Koopa
08-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Then why did you even post this dumb comment, no one care what you think so shut up and leave the thread.

mikeyvee
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
he should not do that.

NYMetros
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't sit him against Greece. You compete to win, you don't go to the Olympics to sit on the bench, regardless of who you're playing. Sure, Greece may play dirty, but so do a lot of players in the NBA.

tkshy
08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
[quote]Why im telling he should not play against Greece, well as a Laker Fan i wouldnt like him to miss half the next season because some Greek Thug intentionaly kicked his sore Pinkie and injured him Badly.

Greeks play hard, and Greeks Play Dirty, they have always done so , so you can BET that if Kobe is on the pitch they will constantly be trying to take advantage of his injury, so he could break and dont be able to compete the rest of the olympcis, so Is it worth to gamble on it?.[quote]

GREEK THUG?? Have you ever played basket ball? I played in the Greek Leauge and in the US (College not NBA) and you have to be kinding me. Hard yes, dirty no. I live in LA and I am a HUGE Laker fan, and I have to tell you... you are nuts. WORTHLESS THREAD. Oh, and by the way Kobe is a tough kid, and he would think you are NUTS for suggesting he sit.

fairandbalanced
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Well, I hope they play dirty.........D-Wade will dunk on their dirtiest player.

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
GREEK THUG?? Have you ever played basket ball? I played in the Greek Leauge and in the US (College not NBA) and you have to be kinding me. Hard yes, dirty no. I live in LA and I am a HUGE Laker fan, and I have to tell you... you are nuts. WORTHLESS THREAD. Oh, and by the way Kobe is a tough kid, and he would think you are NUTS for suggesting he sit.

:laugh2:

Care to tell us what teams you've played for??

Spurred1
08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh, just have Kobe sit out ALL the games since there is possibility of injury with each one. :rolleyes:

agureghian
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM

you cant hear threads :D

Lol jk i knowwat you mean ;D

primetimekings
08-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I hope they play dirty.........D-Wade will dunk on their dirtiest player.

yea like he did in 06 when greece beat us yea dwade really looked go when papalookis was nailin 3's in his face

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Is Papaloukas still a good player? Or he is already on the decline of his career? Isn't he like 31 already?

LakerzDQ
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM

lmao. he'd wussy slap their smallest player, and then hide behind Dwight.

roughgarden
08-07-2008, 12:25 AM
no need to sit him kobe plays lock down d and something tells me if they try to pull any **** these guys will stick up for one another

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Where's arlubas?

johni04
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
What a worthless thread...The Greek national team does not play dirty please watch a game. I think you're mixing dirty play up with intense play. Foolishness...

That's a pretty low thing to call out the Greek team state they will try and deliberatley injure a player.

Your lack of basketball knowledge is baffling to me. I understand you live in Europe which justifies for your moronic comments about the NBA, but your LIVE in Europe brother!

Hellcrooner
08-07-2008, 01:42 AM
What a worthless thread...The Greek national team does not play dirty please watch a game. I think you're mixing dirty play up with intense play. Foolishness...

That's a pretty low thing to call out the Greek team state they will try and deliberatley injure a player.

Your lack of basketball knowledge is baffling to me. I understand you live in Europe which justifies for your moronic comments about the NBA, but your LIVE in Europe brother!

How many times do yo watch in tv any game of euroleague or Uleb Cup?

Believe i watch every season spanish teams Like Madrid, estudiantes, Jouventut, Barcelona, Unicaja Malaga or Tau Vitoria face greeks like Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Paniliakos, Paok , Aris etc.

I usuallly get to ssee 15 or 16 of such games a hyear and believe me, going to play to greece is like going to hell.

You are lucky if you just get a little punch in the teeth.

Referress alow it because greek teams are the richest ones.

johni04
08-07-2008, 02:11 AM
How many times do yo watch in tv any game of euroleague or Uleb Cup?

Believe i watch every season spanish teams Like Madrid, estudiantes, Jouventut, Barcelona, Unicaja Malaga or Tau Vitoria face greeks like Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Paniliakos, Paok , Aris etc.

I usuallly get to ssee 15 or 16 of such games a hyear and believe me, going to play to greece is like going to hell.

You are lucky if you just get a little punch in the teeth.

Referress alow it because greek teams are the richest ones.

But how does this translate into the Greek National team??? We're not talking about Olympiakos or Panathinaikos this is the Olympic national team. That's where you're confusing me

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Is Papaloukas still a good player? Or he is already on the decline of his career? Isn't he like 31 already?

of course he is still a god player!!!!!!he is in the best shape of his career

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 04:49 AM
[quote]

at last!someone with a little understanding!u ve played in the greek league?????which was the club u were playing for???

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
usually i doubt some things hellcrooner has to say.
but i very much inderstand his point this time.

the opening round is really not going to matter all that much.
US will easily advance past it.
basically what he is saying is they could sit kobe in a game that wont really matter, to keep him healthy.

i dont think there is any way he sits though.
they want to go undefeated, and win the gold.
also kobes injury isnt that big of a problem IMO. he isnt the only guy w/ injury problems.

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Why is Kobe's health any more important than the health of the other players on the roster?

greek miami hea
08-07-2008, 05:09 PM
spain plays dirty and trichttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKWh0DkCz8&feature=relatedky.not us.check these videos outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVTgKApV1c&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09blRHWWmQ&feature=related

spain is a circus.we all say that.even nocioni had said that

Raidaz4Life
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow if thats all it took to sit kobe i think all the countries would be borrowing from Greece's playbook hahahaha:D

IndiansFan337
08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Team USA will beat Greece regardless of the style of play. We should win by 15+.

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Team USA will beat Greece regardless of the style of play. We should win by 15+.

u will win by +10 or less

cambovenzi
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM

we'll see.
they win by 10+ 9 of 10 times IMO.

arlubas
08-09-2008, 03:40 AM
OK first of all, Hellcrooner you're a ******. Now that we got that out of the way, I'd really like to ask where the hell are you coming from saying we play dirty? When have we ever injured any player in the history of world competitions to the point of him missing half the season? The answer is NEVER you propagandistic liar. We did however have one of our main guys miss a whole season a couple of years ago when an NBA player (Varejao) elbowed Zisis in the face breaking his facial bone. How is that for turning and twisting things in your favor? You're just mad cause our team play hard nossed defense and give everyone a hard time the past 4-5 years? Guess what, we don't care about you haters or your stupid lies.

arlubas
08-09-2008, 03:41 AM
youre offended that the Greeks play dirty basketball?

Give examples or don't talk at all?

arlubas
08-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Not Dirty?

Wow, talk about telling a story completely unlike it was. Vrancovic put his hand inside the basket? REALLY? Haha, you seriously aren't even worth a response dude. Talk about a sore loser even after 12 years.

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 06:01 AM
OK first of all, Hellcrooner you're a ******. Now that we got that out of the way, I'd really like to ask where the hell are you coming from saying we play dirty? When have we ever injured any player in the history of world competitions to the point of him missing half the season? The answer is NEVER you propagandistic liar. We did however have one of our main guys miss a whole season a couple of years ago when an NBA player (Varejao) elbowed Zisis in the face breaking his facial bone. How is that for turning and twisting things in your favor? You're just mad cause our team play hard nossed defense and give everyone a hard time the past 4-5 years? Guess what, we don't care about you haters or your stupid lies.

yea.thats it.its nice to see some other greeks here too!

arlubas
08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
yea.thats it.its nice to see some other greeks here too!

Hey man, I'm coming to Paros tomorrow for the record. :D
Where do you live there by the way? My grandmother's from there so I've basically been going there for at least 15 years now.

As for the thread, it's completely ridiculous anyway. Since when is hard defense considered playing dirty? He's just mad cause Spanish teams have all won one title combined for the past 13 Euroleague competitions. Awww, that's OK Hellcrooner, no need to cry like a baby about it. I mean sure, we have 5 titles combined for the same time span but who's counting right? ;)

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey man, I'm coming to Paros tomorrow for the record. :D
Where do you live there by the way? My grandmother's from there so I've basically been going there for at least 15 years now.

As for the thread, it's completely ridiculous anyway. Since when is hard defense considered playing dirty? He's just mad cause Spanish teams have all won one title combined for the past 13 Euroleague competitions. Awww, that's OK Hellcrooner, no need to cry like a baby about it. I mean sure, we have 5 titles combined for the same time span but who's counting right? ;)

lmao.my grandmother is from paros too.thats why we moved here.yea.this thread is a joke.i live in parasporos.basketball is my life.im playing for 1.5 year now and i keep practising.if you like basketball we are playing every day in the paroikias lukeio.where do you live in paros?

LAcowBOMBER
08-10-2008, 05:12 AM
ok so what????my english aint perfect!but my bball knowledge is good enough to know and admit that u DO have a super team.but nothing is sure.never

Yes, it is a certainty. The US is going to win the gold medal, but that wasn't even the point that I was making. You said people saying that the US is going to win are immature. Do you care to explain yourself? How is it immature to say that the most talented team(by far) is going to win?

LAcowBOMBER
08-10-2008, 05:33 AM

What is less than +10? So again explain to me how people saying that the Us will win, but you saying the game will be close is different?

Oh and Greece just lost to Spain by 15, so...

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 06:20 AM
What is less than +10? So again explain to me how people saying that the Us will win, but you saying the game will be close is different?

Oh and Greece just lost to Spain by 15, so...

yea and we had 13 lost free throws

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Yes, it is a certainty. The US is going to win the gold medal, but that wasn't even the point that I was making. You said people saying that the US is going to win are immature. Do you care to explain yourself? How is it immature to say that the most talented team(by far) is going to win?

a poster said that you will win us by far...i said that we wont win you but we also wont lose for more than 10 or 15 points.ok?

LAcowBOMBER
08-10-2008, 06:23 AM
a poster said that you will win us by far...i said that we wont win you but we also wont lose for more than 10 or 15 points.ok?

How can you honestly make that claim after losing by 15 to Spain? I hope Greece somehow gets out of their group just so the US can embarass them.

greek miami hea
08-10-2008, 04:51 PM
now you are becoming a racist

LAcowBOMBER
08-11-2008, 05:53 AM
now you are becoming a racist

Hahahaha, how am I being racist?

I just want to US to beat Greece just so I prove you wrong. I didn't make any disparaging remarks about Greece. You are just stubborn. Tell me how Greece is good when they just lost to Spain by 15? They have no shot against the US, did you see the China vs US game?

greek miami hea
08-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Hahahaha, how am I being racist?

I just want to US to beat Greece just so I prove you wrong. I didn't make any disparaging remarks about Greece. You are just stubborn. Tell me how Greece is good when they just lost to Spain by 15? They have no shot against the US, did you see the China vs US game?

yeah.i wathced the game.and i want to change my statement.u will beat us for about 20 points.:D

LAcowBOMBER
08-11-2008, 11:08 AM
yeah.i wathced the game.and i want to change my statement.u will beat us for about 20 points.:D

Well I'm glad that you can admit that, but honestly I think they would win by more than 20. Hopefully they make it out of their pool.

greek miami hea
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
i dont know.more than 20 points?we are supposed to be a defense first team

LAcowBOMBER
08-11-2008, 10:20 PM
A defense first team means that they will score less. You can be defensively oriented, but its not gonna matter against the likes of the US team. Again they lost to Spain by 15 and the US is clearly better than Spain.

Oh and how was I being a racist?

greek miami hea
08-12-2008, 08:50 AM
because u said that u wanted usa to humiliate greece.i dont know.well.we will see in two days whats going to be the final score

LAcowBOMBER
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
because u said that u wanted usa to humiliate greece.i dont know.well.we will see in two days whats going to be the final score

I want them to humiliate Greece to prove you wrong, it has nothing to do with them being Greek.

J-Relo
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
lol imagine BIG SOFO fighting against Dwight...

greek miami hea
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
lol imagine BIG SOFO fighting against Dwight...

it is going to be an epic fight.but sofo doesnt get enough playing time though

greek miami hea
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I want them to humiliate Greece to prove you wrong, it has nothing to do with them being Greek.

ah.ok then.we will see the final score:D:D

cahawk
08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
If Greece hopes to win, they need kobe playing.

USA Starters Stats for both Olympic games:

Minutes fg/fga 3ptfg's rbds Assists To's BS Scoring

Wade 36 13/15 2/3 5 2 2 1 19

Lebron 44 13/19 1/3 8 8 1 4 15

Howard 35 11/16 - 5 1 2 2 13.5

Bryant 45 10/27 1/15 6 4 4 0 10.5

Kidd (not taken a shot it 2 games)

Seems to me Greece would want kobe on the floor shooting 37% and just
1/15 from 3pt. range(3' closer than NBA 3pt) while leading team in turnovers.

greek miami hea
08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
lol

Giaps
08-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Ok, everyone in Usa may want to avenge world cups defeat against greece i guess, and Kobe is a big part of it.

But wich is more important, to win it all even if it is with one defeat or to try to go undefeated ?.

IF waht you want is a clean sheet you will have to risk kobe against Greece, if you just want the gold you better sit him.

Im taking in consideration that this game is just a 1st round, group stage game, im aware that you could make the same argument for the match against argentina , but since that onw will be a knockout game you cant go slowing down,

Better sit him against greece.
You're Greek smear campaign is baseless and tasteless.

LAcowBOMBER
08-14-2008, 03:07 AM
ah.ok then.we will see the final score:D:D

Yes we will, I'd make a bet with you about it, but it's hard to predict a score. I just feel like the game will never really be in doubt

LAcowBOMBER
08-14-2008, 03:12 AM
If Greece hopes to win, they need kobe playing

Seems to me Greece would want kobe on the floor shooting 37% and just
1/15 from 3pt. range(3' closer than NBA 3pt) while leading team in turnovers.

Kobe has had a not so good two games on the offensive end, I will give you that, but Kobe's defense on the best perimeter player on the opposing team sets the tempo for the whole team. Kobe is on this team to be a defensive stopper and leader.

And I guarantee he gets it going at some point in these Olympics.

I for one hope Greece gets really physical because I would love to see what this team does if Kobe, Lebron, Wade and Dwight were angry.

LAcowBOMBER
08-14-2008, 03:14 AM
You're Greek smear campaign is baseless and tasteless.

It's not really baseless. The Greeks play a very physical style of basketball that many people would classify as "dirty." I'm not saying its right, but its not a baseless claim.

Hellcrooner
08-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Check Espn and waht Sheridan has to say on this subject...

Nuff Said.

Giaps
08-14-2008, 03:35 AM
It's not really baseless. The Greeks play a very physical style of basketball that many people would classify as "dirty." I'm not saying its right, but its not a baseless claim.
Oh I see... so being tough and physical and playing good defense is playing dirty.

Tell that to the 08 Celtics.

LAcowBOMBER
08-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Oh I see... so being tough and physical and playing good defense is playing dirty.

Tell that to the 08 Celtics.

Ok...Tell it to Lambeer's and Isiah's Pistons. They were physical, they were dirty, they were good.

I didn't say that I have a problem with Greece's play, I just said that their style of play is considered dirty by many. Dennis Rodman was a good player(and a headcase), but he was considered dirty by many. Same with Malone, and anyone else that you want to include.

Bottomline, when you play very physically you are gonna be labeled dirty, like it or not

LAcowBOMBER
08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmmm...no comment from GREEK MIAMI HEA. Very interesting.

The US had no problem beating Greece. THey could have won by even more, but, they kinda turned it off in the 4th

greek miami hea
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Hmmmm...no comment from GREEK MIAMI HEA. Very interesting.

The US had no problem beating Greece. THey could have won by even more, but, they kinda turned it off in the 4th

yes indeed.but i havejust learned someting thatdoesnt reall hnoh your drea team.your players agreed to play in the olympics only if they wouldnt pass form an antidopping control.the conclusion?????wll.i hope we will meet in the semifinals.

lakers4sho
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM
yes indeed.but i havejust learned someting thatdoesnt reall hnoh your drea team.your players agreed to play in the olympics only if they wouldnt pass form an antidopping control.the conclusion?????wll.i hope we will meet in the semifinals.

Too bad Spanoulis had to settle for that quick three :shrug:

greek miami hea
08-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Too bad Spanoulis had to settle for that quick three :shrug:

spannoulis was too tires and he sucked in that game.

LAcowBOMBER
08-28-2008, 12:28 AM

I honestly don't know what you are saying, sorry.