PDA

View Full Version : who's backing Scola?

r11dman
08-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Any impression on Dorsey? Is he better than Landry? Hayes is a liability in offense. He can defend smaller forwards but we have Artest now, i say he should be packaged in a trade.

Chronz
08-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Looks like its going to be Artest with Dorsey getting spot minutes and Hayes getting minutes at the 4/5.

Renovator
08-06-2008, 04:39 AM
ATM it looks like Hayes will back up Scola and Dorsey will back up YAO.

Chronz
08-06-2008, 05:15 AM
ATM it looks like Hayes will back up Scola and Dorsey will back up YAO.

How do you think the minutes at each position are going to be dispersed? Going with a solely big lineup isnt the most likely scenario given the need to have the Big 3 with Battier out there.

r11dman
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Has anyone saw Dorsey play? How is he compared to Landry?

Renovator
08-06-2008, 09:28 AM
How do you think the minutes at each position are going to be dispersed? Going with a solely big lineup isnt the most likely scenario given the need to have the Big 3 with Battier out there.

Beats the hell out of me. But I see us having a 8 man rotaion now. Rafer, TMAC, Battier, Scola, Yao and Artetsr wil suck up most of the minutes. Followed by Barry and another big man (could be Dorsey untill we find someone more qualified) to spell Yao and Scola.

If they leave the big 3 out there with Battier, TMAC might play point with Scola playing PF - OR - Big 3 with Battier, Barry at point and Artest at PF. I think TMAC and Barry will play more PG than they did in previous seasons.

Brooks and Francis might see some trash time.

Its too tough for me to think how the minutes at each position are going to be dispersed, because our team way too versatile now. This will be a nice headache for Aldeman.

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 01:22 AM
I think Dorsey would be a good backup to Scola.

TMAC94
08-10-2008, 02:57 AM
i think dorsey would be a decent back up for yao, and hayes isnt as bad as everyone thinks, he used too start and put up like 6 and 6 a game in 20 mins plus a block and a steal

TMAC94
08-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Chelsea is coOLiies :)

SC1211
08-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Let's not forget that Chuck Hayes was a starter just last year. He can still play and do his job masterfully on D, right now, he's our best option at PF and C behind Scola and Yao.

pippsux
08-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I have always said that Artest should replace Battier, but I am starting to be sold on the idea that Artest start at power forward. With a starting lineup of Rafer, Tmac, Battier, Artest and Yao the rockets should be a top ten fast breaking team. Last year we were one of the worst fast breaking teams. We can't just pound into Yao each time or give the ball to Artest and Tmac to play one on two, we need some easy points ( free throws and fast breaks) .Imagine Rafer running the break with Tmac on one side and Artest on the other and Battier at the 3point line, as a defender who do you stop.

Scola coming off the bench would be solid, along with Barry would make a solid bench and give Yao more rest.Then either Landry, Deke or Dorsey defend the middle. Then figure out who to keep between Francis and Hayes. Again these are good problems to have and I can't wait for the preseason to start.

Rhyming Rebel
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Has anyone saw Dorsey play? How is he compared to Landry?

Yes, I am a fan of Dorsey He is a Younger more athletic version of Big Ben Wallace. He shoots horrible from the FT line, but he will grab every rebound that comes off the glass. He also blocks shots at a high rate. If he were maybe 2 inches taller we wouldn't need to resign Mutombo. He hustles just as hard as Chuck Hayes and is more physical than anyone we have outside of Ron Artest. It would be great to see what he brings to the table come Nov.

jdillion
08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
artest will get some time there occasionally but the main backup out of respect will be hayes but i have a feeling that dorsey may make him obselete after a while

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Dorsey is going to be the next Landry. But this time its not going to be by scoring, its going to be by defense.

agobbi17
08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Im still debating on who should start at the 4. I think we should keep Scola there because when he started starting, we started winning games and we went on to that crazy streak.l

BRADfromOZ
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Scola is a good consistent player for us and we can do with his size on the floor from the start of the game. IMO he has earned his starting spot. Although I would like to see his FT% and his BPG improve.