PDA

View Full Version : Delvon Roe has knee surgery

Devils05
08-06-2008, 12:30 AM
From MSUSpartans.com (http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080508aaa.html)

Michigan State incoming freshman forward Delvon Roe had exploratory surgery on his left knee Tuesday afternoon. The surgery was performed by Dr. Mike Shingles. During the surgery, small particles of cartilage were cleaned out of the knee. He is slated to return to action in approximately six weeks.

"I couldn't be more ecstatic about the news. While this is a minor setback for Delvon, we are glad that he will be able to return to action by the time practice starts in mid-October," said Michigan State coach Tom Izzo. "I am confident that he has the work ethic and dedication needed for a successful rehab."

Roe, who had been limited in his activity this summer while recovering from surgery on his right knee that occurred last December, developed swelling in the knee last week. When the swelling persisted over a few days, despite resting the knee, the Michigan State medical staff determined that exploratory surgery was the best option. At least he should be back in time for the regular season to start.

MoJay
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I really think he is going to damage next year and as an OSU fan it is strange but I really like him so far