PDA

View Full Version : Favre Leaves Green Bay

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Word is that Brett is heading back down to Mississippi tonight.

Bill Michaels is on ESPNews right now and he said it sounds like he might just go home and stay retired. He said it looked like it was starting for the Packers or bust, and at this point in his career and life he doesn't want to start again in a new town and learn a whole new system.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
strange because that goes against everything his agent was saying

then again....if this entire ordeal hasnt been a "he said she said" nightmare i dont know what is....

cwilson21
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Another turn in the Favre saga.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
he's home with diana, bus, and frank winters marriuci said

GoPackGo728
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
if Brett stays retired, the terrorists win.

newdude
08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Damn, he must be pretty pissed right now.

socalpkrbkr
08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
if Brett stays retired, the terrorists win.

I had something to say about this comment but then I thought of the intelligence of the poster and thought why bother.

As far as Brett leaving.... really.... I DONT CARE ANYMORE! Maybe it's the best thing for himself. In listening to McCarthy's presser, Brett sounds more butt hurt about the **** that has gone on and less concerned about playing football. Playing football is the reason I thought he came to Green Bay.

newdude
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I had something to say about this comment but then I thought of the intelligence of the poster and thought why bother.

As far as Brett leaving.... really.... I DONT CARE ANYMORE! Maybe it's the best thing for himself. In listening to McCarthy's presser, Brett sounds more butt hurt about the **** that has gone on and less concerned about playing football. Playing football is the reason I thought he came to Green Bay.

I understand it, but can u really play if the management didn't really have ur back?

favre4ever
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
This is crazy.. if T.T. would have said yes to favre in the first place none of this would have happened. The NFL is about who would win for you right now.. If Favre was a packer we would win and go very far. Rodgers it is unknown. How disrespectful to treat the one who made this franchise what it is now and shove him out the door. Thats Pathetic
GO PACK GO

Favre 4 Ever... A Packer

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Goodbye Brett Favre....you'll always be my favorite player!

Cubber
08-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I really don't care anymore I just want it to be done. Why not be a backup, he would have the job by opening day Rodgers will be injured or ineffective by then. If not, Rodgers holds him thats cool too. For once it would be nice for one of these superstar athletes (and Favre is a King) to care about the front of the jersey instead of the back.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I really don't care anymore I just want it to be done. Why not be a backup, he would have the job by opening day Rodgers will be injured or ineffective by then. If not, Rodgers holds him thats cool too. For once it would be nice for one of these superstar athletes (and Favre is a King) to care about the front of the jersey instead of the back.

He doesn't want that though, and as we have learned it's all about what Brett wants in this. :pity:

qwestion13
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Why don't you guys just make one giant Brett Favre thread?

Being a Philly fan and going through this whole media circus with TO a couple years back, nothing good ever comes from immense national media coverage. ESPN just shoves everything down your throat and makes you think these issues are important. I wish there was a way to to get NFL coverage without someone mentioning Brett Favre.

Brunner
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Favre deserves a team that will treat him with respect. He is nothing more than an honest man. He wears his emotions on his sleeves and waivers in the major decisions of his life like any of us do. Yet we hold him to some higher standard and tell him he can not make the normal fluctuations one makes near the end of his or her career. The point was clear; Favre gave us the best chance to win, and he is the most exciting player to watch in the history of the NFL. Our organization turned on that because they "didnt want to deal with the drama." Well I am sorry to say, but most teams have to deal with a lot more than a great quarterback wanting to come back to their team and try and win them a championship. How dare he! I hope Favre goes to the Vikings and proves to all of us why we should have kept him. This is no way to treat the single most important member of your franchise over the last 20 years.

Goodbye Brett. No one else seems to understand what you are doing, but I do. I will never forget what you did for this team or my life as a child growing up in Wisconsin. I will never forget all the memories you brought to all of us, and I will remember you for the great things you did for the Packers and not on the rumors TT loves to spread about you. Move on with your career and finish it on top somewhere. It should have been here, but management ego overrode common sense. I'll always miss #4.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
08-06-2008, 01:05 AM
He needs to take his butt home. He's betraying all of his fans that have supported him all these years. Going to Tampa Bay would be a waste of time.

StickyGreenFan
08-06-2008, 01:11 AM
wow, this whole thing sucks

azbearfan
08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Goodbye Brett. No one else seems to understand what you are doing, but I do. I will never forget what you did for my life as a child growing up in Wisconsin. I will never forget all the memories you brought, and I will remember you for the great things you did..........I'll always miss #4.

WOW.........do you love Brett?
:laugh:

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 01:27 AM
WOW.........do you love Brett?
:laugh:

LOL it sounds like he does. Brett was my favorite player of all time and I loved the guy, I hope I can still say that when this whole mess is over. I hope he just stays retired and doesn't tarnish his legacy any more. Because I think it's clear Rodgers is starting, and I really don't want to see him with another team or on the pine, I think it's best to just stay retired right now.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 01:56 AM
I found these two links pretty interesting and there are to many Favre threads out there right now to make a new one.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780286

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/packers-bucs-working-on-favre-deal.aspx

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
I found these two links pretty interesting and there are to many Favre threads out there right now to make a new one.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780286

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/packers-bucs-working-on-favre-deal.aspx

:sigh::sad2:
Seems like the time has come....

I wish this was a nightmare!

robdizzle3
08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Favre deserves a team that will treat him with respect. He is nothing more than an honest man. He wears his emotions on his sleeves and waivers in the major decisions of his life like any of us do. Yet we hold him to some higher standard and tell him he can not make the normal fluctuations one makes near the end of his or her career. The point was clear; Favre gave us the best chance to win, and he is the most exciting player to watch in the history of the NFL. Our organization turned on that because they "didnt want to deal with the drama." Well I am sorry to say, but most teams have to deal with a lot more than a great quarterback wanting to come back to their team and try and win them a championship. How dare he! I hope Favre goes to the Vikings and proves to all of us why we should have kept him. This is no way to treat the single most important member of your franchise over the last 20 years.

Goodbye Brett. No one else seems to understand what you are doing, but I do. I will never forget what you did for this team or my life as a child growing up in Wisconsin. I will never forget all the memories you brought to all of us, and I will remember you for the great things you did for the Packers and not on the rumors TT loves to spread about you. Move on with your career and finish it on top somewhere. It should have been here, but management ego overrode common sense. I'll always miss #4.

Nice post man I think some people forget what Favre dd for the Pack which is just start every game he had a chance to in Green Bay,made people fear coming to Lambeau Field in december and January,like someone said he played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and no one can forget the show he put on when his father passed the day before and put up outstanding numbers.And he did it all for the Pack and the will to win so why treat him the way you are Pack?

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:10 AM
:sigh::sad2:
Seems like the time has come....

I wish this was a nightmare!

Looking on the bright side of things at least he didn't go to Minny or the Bears that would seem like a nightmare.

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Looking on the bright side of things at least he didn't go to Minny or the Bears that would seem like a nightmare.

Very true.

Brett Favre will likely be a Buccaneer within the next 24 hours, according to the Tampa Tribune.

Just like that. The Trib calls the chances of a trade not happening "remote" after Favre gave the Bucs approval to deal for him. If the report is true, Favre will be playing against his former team in Week 4, in an away game for the Packers. The trade could reportedly be announced as soon as Wednesday.
Source: Tampa Tribune

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Very true.

Brett Favre will likely be a Buccaneer within the next 24 hours, according to the Tampa Tribune.

Just like that. The Trib calls the chances of a trade not happening "remote" after Favre gave the Bucs approval to deal for him. If the report is true, Favre will be playing against his former team in Week 4, in an away game for the Packers. The trade could reportedly be announced as soon as Wednesday.

Yeah in all honesty I think this is the best chance for Favre too. Bucs aren't that far away. He could be their missing piece. It's warm there so Favre doesn't have to deal with the cold. He's got some guys around him but he'll be relied on to make plays on the field.

robdizzle3
08-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Very true.

I will be traveling 2 hours and 30 minutes to Tampa for this game and will have on a Favre jersey but of course will be rooting for the Pack but the jersey is so whe I am rooting for the Pack I ont get jumped by the Bucs fans lol

Badger's Badger
08-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Why don't you guys just make one giant Brett Favre thread?

Being a Philly fan and going through this whole media circus with TO a couple years back, nothing good ever comes from immense national media coverage. ESPN just shoves everything down your throat and makes you think these issues are important. I wish there was a way to to get NFL coverage without someone mentioning Brett Favre.

Just go to nfl.com or watch the nfl network or listen to NFL on Sirius. That's what I've doen for 2 weeks now and I am a DIE-HARD PAckers fan. you just gotta get away from it every once in a while. This Crap burns you out fast.

Badger's Badger
08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
I will be traveling 2 hours and 30 minutes to Tampa for this game and will have on a Favre jersey but of course will be rooting for the Pack but the jersey is so whe I am rooting for the Pack I ont get jumped by the Bucs fans lol

I will be making the 6 1/2 hour trek from atlanta, and will also be at the GA Dome for the Bucs/Falcons game too!!!

Martz
08-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I understand it, but can u really play if the management didn't really have ur back?

WHAT?! Management treated him like he was 1 of 80 guys. HOW DARE THEY not want to suck his **** like most others on this site or in the media.

Oh please....i'm so sick of this. Get him out of here.

Martz
08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Favre deserves a team that will treat him with respect. He is nothing more than an honest man. He wears his emotions on his sleeves and waivers in the major decisions of his life like any of us do.

Yeah....he also let's his emotions dictate his decisions, and his emotions change from second to second.

Martz
08-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Just go to nfl.com or watch the nfl network or listen to NFL on Sirius. That's what I've doen for 2 weeks now and I am a DIE-HARD PAckers fan. you just gotta get away from it every once in a while. This Crap burns you out fast.

Wrong...DIE-HARD Brett Favre fan. Packers come second...

Martz
08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah in all honesty I think this is the best chance for Favre too. Bucs aren't that far away. He could be their missing piece. It's warm there so Favre doesn't have to deal with the cold. He's got some guys around him but he'll be relied on to make plays on the field.

They've already got an All-Pro QB on there roster...i don't think he is the missing peice.

Ryan Diesel
08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
An all pro that threw 13 TD's last year.

newdude
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Gruden is more of a pass happy guy and the last starting qb for him that wasn't a "game manager" was back in his Raiders day with Gannon, so he might open his offense with Favre.