PDA

View Full Version : Jamario Moon thinks raps are #2 in the east

knowledgeGOD
08-05-2008, 07:18 PM
check out eric smith's latest blog post.. he had a chance to talk to jamario moon
http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/eric_smith_blog.html

AgentViet
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
We could be, all depends on the health of JO and Bosh. I'd say we could even be #1.

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
yep

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Good to see Moon bulking up. Health is the key thing here. If they can stay healthy, I don't see why we can't be 1 or 2 in the East.

lukeem21
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
health is a prenomer for every team to be a contender... i think we also need a couple players on the bench to step up.... for example either solomon or ukic need to play some crucial minutes.... then kapono i'm not too worried about.... but we need bargnani/hump or jawai to do something behind bosh and oneal

knowledgeGOD
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
another thing that would make the raps successful in the east is confidence.. its good to know that jamario moon thinks the raps are up there i can't frigging wait till 08/09 starts

star
08-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Jamario Moon needs to go back to community college and take some classes on not saying stupid things.... #2? is he ********?

#2? After coming off of a humiliating 1st round blow out?
#2? After losing a starting PG and Solid backup center - and gaining a player who has as many negative (injury concerns) as positives (great player when healthy)
#2? after other teams in the East have re-tooled and added major pieces.
#2 After we lost a lot of our depth ... (delfino, garbo, rasho, ford) and replaced by question marks (jawai, JO, Ukic)

This guy is on drugs .....

We will be between 4 - 6 .... #2 is dumb ....

Note* the guy above that said #1 ... he should be banned and sent to basketball education camps

viniciusdcs
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
lol ^

Unfortunately you actually make more sense than Jamario.

Bob_at_york
08-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Jamario will need to raise his game if he wants to be the #2 seed.

travesy3
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Unless Jamario becomes a guy who can create his own shot on the wing and get us 20 points night in night out we won't be any higher than the 4 seed LOL

a_sutcliffe
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm glad he says he thinks they can be #2. I want guys to think they are contenders and have confidence, and it's not like it's impossible. Ambitious maybe, but not impossible.

People would be all over him if came out and he thinks they'll make the playoffs, but go out in the first or second round.

I say good for him!!

killersweet
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I like Moon’s confidence. But I highly doubt we’ll be at 2nd spot. I still see them around 5-7. Moon is probably just too excited about his 2nd season!

canzano55
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
In Eric Smith's mailbag today there was a link corresponding with Samuel Dalembert's story about how he was let go from the mens Canadian national team.

And I have to say it was a brow raiser for sure.

lukeem21
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
this article makes me happy.... i would not predict that the raptors finish second... although it is "possible"

i like it because Moon knows he's probably going to be the starting 3 and responsible for guarding the other teams best perimeter offensive player... and he already has the most of the tools to be a great defender in the nba. he was a little weak last year but apparently he is stronger now...... and most importantly he has the confidence... i really hope he goes into each game looking to shut down the opposing player and taking a lot of pride in the job he does on them...

i think its pretty obvious that we dont need much offense from the 3.... most our points will come from the Calderon, Oneal, Bosh trio... with lots of open shots for the 2 spot (Parker and Kapono) all we need from Moon is defence, he is our Bruce Bowen type player we just need him to step up the consistency on D and hearing this from him + his skill set leads me to believe he can do this for us

kvrnm
08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
We could be, all depends on the health of JO and Bosh. I'd say we could even be #1.

hahaha thanks for the laugh, i needed that.

kanersen
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i've heard alot of moon to bruce bowen comparisons, and honestly i just don't see it

moon plays matador defence, and relies on his athleticism to make up for numerous mistakes...fortunately for him he has enough of it to make some absolutely eye popping defensive plays

when was the last time bruce bowen relied on his athelticism?

i'm not saying moon is a bad defender, but he is far from being a premier defender like bowen

last year in an interview moon said something along the lines of his most coveted award would be winning defensive player of the year

he certainly has the drive and intensity, moon rarely coasts, but he definatley needs to practice his fundamental defensive principles in order to be considered an elite defender

pebloemer
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
i've heard alot of moon to bruce bowen comparisons, and honestly i just don't see it

moon plays matador defence, and relies on his athleticism to make up for numerous mistakes...fortunately for him he has enough of it to make some absolutely eye popping defensive plays

i'm not saying moon is a bad defender, but he is far from being a premier defender like bowen

last year in an interview moon said something along the lines of his most coveted award would be winning defensive player of the year

he certainly has the drive and intensity, moon rarely coasts, but he definatley needs to practice his fundamental defensive principles in order to be considered an elite defender

Absolutely, 100% agree. Moon needs to see if those feet can move laterally as quick and explosively as they move vertically.

RapsFan4Life
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
if moon takes a single 3 this season we will not be number 2 .. i think number 4 is very achievable

JO will be a spectacular fit in toronto ... he will play over 70 games !

RapsFan4Life
08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
moon is no were near bruce's level but he has the hard work to be better each year and if jamario sets his goals high enough one day he will be there .... im naming my kid jamario !!

Goon.Weezy
08-09-2008, 07:46 PM
moon reminds me of a anderi kerilinko

torontosports10
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
If Moon can learn to drain the mid-range jumper then maybe the 3 seed

Tom Stone
08-10-2008, 08:11 AM
health is a prenomer for every team to be a contender... i think we also need a couple players on the bench to step up.... for example either solomon or ukic need to play some crucial minutes.... then kapono i'm not too worried about.... but we need bargnani/hump or jawai to do something behind bosh and oneal

Why are you doubting Hump......Anytime he was given mins he produced.....When barg went down last year we improved useing hump at the center spot...he avraged almost a double double over those ten games...and he plays more physical than anyone on our team...witch sometmes doesn't show up on stats.(IT's dumb sam mitchell fault, why his mins have been so inconsistant....If I were hump I would hate sam mitchell)

Tom Stone
08-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Unless Jamario becomes a guy who can create his own shot on the wing and get us 20 points night in night out we won't be any higher than the 4 seed LOL

Our consistant play through our point gaurd spot and playing off our bigs will get everyone open...all jamero has to do is play his great D, grad extra rebounds and get out on the fast break......so I respectively disagree.

Tom Stone
08-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Jamario Moon needs to go back to community college and take some classes on not saying stupid things.... #2? is he ********?

#2? After losing a starting PG and Solid backup center - and gaining a player who has as many negative (injury concerns) as positives (great player when healthy)
#2 After we lost a lot of our depth ... (delfino, garbo, rasho, ford) and replaced by question marks (jawai, JO, Ukic)

Note* the guy above that said #1 ... he should be banned and sent to basketball education camps

Ignorant comment, my friend........So your basen we can't do it because things that happened last year......by that termanogly, You could have said the same thing about boston last year....worst team in the east...everyone questing there bench yet they won a championship.....Oh and we didn't lose our starting point...it was calderons last year....and it wasn't given it was earned....calderon gave ot back to t.j because he so terrible he couldn't even ajust to back up...what starter can't play back up...you tell me....and your basen your comments like J.O is already hurt....pump your breaks son...p.s , and I hope Jamerio is on drugs, If your someone who doesn't smoke a joint now and then, then must have lived a very sheltered life....weed can make you more creative and expand the mind....something I think you drastically need, It might help you from being so short sighted and see the big picture......peace

lukeem21
08-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Why are you doubting Hump......Anytime he was given mins he produced.....When barg went down last year we improved useing hump at the center spot...he avraged almost a double double over those ten games...and he plays more physical than anyone on our team...witch sometmes doesn't show up on stats.(IT's dumb sam mitchell fault, why his mins have been so inconsistant....If I were hump I would hate sam mitchell)

i think we are gonna need some offence out of those two since when one of the big men from the bench are on that means at least one of bosh and oneal are not on the floor maybe both... if we just needed defence and rebounding from there then i would be fine just playing hump... he's great for that, creating his own shots not so much, so running the O through him could get ugly.... I love having hump though he is great when used correctly unfortunatly Sam does not get him in more often but there are so many minutes and we do not have a lot of O to be able to take a hit like that on the bench

khanraymond
08-10-2008, 02:46 PM

- that 1st round blowout was due to lack of interior defense - i think we addressed that weakness.
- didn't calderon surpase Ford as our starting point guard - so didn't we lose our back up PG and back up C for a starting C? And can't the same be said about Ford with regards to negatives equal to positives?
- other east "teams" - as I see it, only the 76ers have really retooled like the Raptors.
- lost our depth? - 1st) Grabo didn't play 2)that depth hasn't really helped the Raptors make it past the 1st round the last 2 years 3)how is JO a bigger question mark than TJ?

The Wise 1
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
(IT's dumb sam mitchell fault, why his mins have been so inconsistant....If I were hump I would hate sam mitchell)

His minutes are inconsistent because he isnt big enough to play centre consistently and the rest of the minutes go to developing a player we drafted 1st overall, deserved or not. Kris is caught in politics, regarding Andrea and his minutes.

Its not Mitchells fault..

ramz.n
08-10-2008, 03:22 PM

lol MOON IS NOT A DIRTY PLAYER..he doesnt try to injure other players like you know who!

JermanJaysFan
08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
If Moon can learn to drain the mid-range jumper then maybe the 3 seed

I think Moon slashing to the bucket is far more important than him draining the mid-range jumper. The guy has all the physical gifts, especially if he bulks up, to be a great attacker. He has just got to do it.

ink
08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I think Moon slashing to the bucket is far more important than him draining the mid-range jumper. The guy has all the physical gifts, especially if he bulks up, to be a great attacker. He has just got to do it.

I'm not sure he has the handles to drive to the rim.

JermanJaysFan
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure he has the handles to drive to the rim.

If that is the case, then that is what he needs to work on, not the mid-range jumper.

Mile High Champ
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM

Wow every post I read that you make is negative, its negative about the raptors in every single way. Are you a raps fan? I feel sorry for you that you see the glass half empty all the time.. Sucks man really does..we have been through this many times, JO is healthy once more, his surgery is very minor, in many cases it can improve the strength of your knees, it sure did for me. I think you have to stop looking at everything the raps do or have in a negative light.. Relax..

Tom Stone
08-11-2008, 07:47 AM
His minutes are inconsistent because he isnt big enough to play centre consistently and the rest of the minutes go to developing a player we drafted 1st overall, deserved or not. Kris is caught in politics, regarding Andrea and his minutes.

Its not Mitchells fault..

True I understand why?...he should get to become back up power forward this year..should be a better fit.....and I respectivly disagree, that he can't play the center spot......If you go back to when barg got hurt....and he got consistant mins, go look up the stats, almost a double double, and that when he was option 5 on the floor....people are still sleeping on hump.....In college he lead all softmores in rebounding and points.

Tom Stone
08-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow every post I read that you make is negative, its negative about the raptors in every single way. Are you a raps fan? I feel sorry for you that you see the glass half empty all the time.. Sucks man really does..we have been through this many times, JO is healthy once more, his surgery is very minor, in many cases it can improve the strength of your knees, it sure did for me. I think you have to stop looking at everything the raps do or have in a negative light.. Relax..

Save your breath argueing with this STAR....... he's very short sighted.....But He's intitled to his opinion, as foolish as it may be.

Mile High Champ
08-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Save your breath argueing with this STAR....... he's very short sighted.....But He's intitled to his opinion, as foolish as it may be.

Your right its his opinion, just saying it would be nice to read something once in a while that was not negative about the raptors and their players. Why bother coming on the board to hate?

Tom Stone
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Your right its his opinion, just saying it would be nice to read something once in a while that was not negative about the raptors and their players. Why bother coming on the board to hate?

I would never hate on the raptors.....but I will always give my honest opinion, and my honest opinion is , the raps will have a chance to be Top three I have a placed at #2, We have to give boston the edge because they did just have a crazy season and won a championship.....I think this year could be our year.

a_sutcliffe
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM

I think this guy is Dave Feschuk's alias :speechless:

star
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I would never hate on the raptors.....but I will always give my honest opinion, and my honest opinion is , the raps will have a chance to be Top three I have a placed at #2, We have to give boston the edge because they did just have a crazy season and won a championship.....I think this year could be our year.

It is short sighted and ignorant on YOUR part ... not mine when you assume that the raps will be a #2 seed.

They have not proved anything, an baising your opinion on homerism is not very intelligent. It is not the raptors i hate, or negative thinking, its realism.

We have been through it alot and most of the well educated and intelligent people on this board often agree with or atleast understand my points.

a #2 seed for next year is retarted... and you are an embarasment to a raps fan for even thinking that.

We are NOT better than BOS, DET, ORL, CLE (because we have the weakest perimeter D and lebron has shown us he will embarass our players at WILL and will win by himself) not to mention that PHI has retooled and has a very good front court ... like we do ... but a better wing team ....

so where do you get off thinking #2 ?

star
08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh and by the way ... NONE OF THE PROFESSIONALS and LEAGUE INSIDERS and EXPERTS and people who get payed to know as much about basketball as possible (so obviously way more than you) have picked the raps in the top 5 in the east ....

So you think you have more knowledge? More player contact? More exposure? More understanding?

You think they are all wrong? You think you know more? That your ranking of number 2 (which is WAY past ANY raking i have seen) has ANY credibility?

Please ....

star
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Its typical raps fans like you TOM STONE that are embarrassing.

Last year all the experts picked the ORL to beat the RAPS in FIVE-SIX games ... i think 1 out of 10 had the raps to win .... and all of us fans in toronto thought that it was dumb, and that the raps would win .... look what happened

GCOOKIE7
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
lol we will look back at this page at the end of next season and have a larf

Bob_at_york
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
a #2 seed for next year is retarted... and you are an embarasment to a raps fan for even thinking that.

Man if you are going to rip into others, work on your spelling. It would give you a lot more credibility. People wouldn't question your creditibility if you spent a little bit more time correcting some of your spelling mistakes.

huidogg
08-12-2008, 04:24 AM

hahahahahahahaha, you need to calm down, r u serious????? raptors can be #4-5 at best if JO and Bosh are healthy, if not, mmmm, we can go down to #7

huidogg
08-12-2008, 04:39 AM
- that 1st round blowout was due to lack of interior defense - i think we addressed that weakness.
- didn't calderon surpase Ford as our starting point guard - so didn't we lose our back up PG and back up C for a starting C? And can't the same be said about Ford with regards to negatives equal to positives?
- other east "teams" - as I see it, only the 76ers have really retooled like the Raptors.
- lost our depth? - 1st) Grabo didn't play 2)that depth hasn't really helped the Raptors make it past the 1st round the last 2 years 3)how is JO a bigger question mark than TJ?

well quick question fruit cake, would you think the depth of (i can't defend, can only shoot 3s when i am open Kopono), Bustgani (the name say it all), ukic (haven't even play a game in the nba), adams (what, who is this guy? wait he is our 8th or 9th men, but i don't even know who is), solomon (huh? solomon as our 10th men, i don't know who he is either), jawaii (hahahaha, pointless to add any comments), hump and joey, i don't even want to mention, and there you go, OUR DEPTH for this year, do you honestly think 'this depth' will get us pass the first round if the depth we have last year didn't. Remember, we lost a great great point guard, a great slasher in delfino, and a vet center who help us big time at the end of season in rasho. SO PLEASE don't say We have more depth this year, we have FAR LESS depth this year, the only area we improve is in our starting lineup, and in our center position, other than that, i don't see an imporve whatsoever. And besides, you consider TJ as our backup point guard, so here u go to look at a comparison of last year depth compare to this year
TJ > Ukic
Delfino > Adams
Rasho > Jawaii
Primo < Solomon
Other players remain the same.

Here you go, how can you argue with me?? It' a fact that we are not as deep as last year, not even close. So yah, please do some research or do some thinking beofore you post! thx!

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 08:44 AM
well quick question fruit cake,
This is going to be the last insult in this thread. There have been too many in this thread. Any ones i see after this one will get an infraction and other possible punishments.

adams (what, who is this guy? wait he is our 8th or 9th men, but i don't even know who is), solomon (huh? solomon as our 10th men, i don't know who he is either),

Here you go, how can you argue with me?? It' a fact that we are not as deep as last year, not even close. So yah, please do some research or do some thinking beofore you post! thx!
How can I argue with you? Maybe because we know who some of these players are. Maybe we have done research into them and have made deductions from that research. You admit you don't know the guys and then tell us to do our research. Take your own advice and maybe your opinion for these guys might go up. Maybe it won't, but it can't hurt.

killersweet
08-12-2008, 09:18 AM

If raptors finish in the top 3, I will truly shave my head! I am optimistic about raptors this season, but there is no way they are going to finish 2nd. Way too many uncertainties.
But you are entitled to your opinion:-)

star
08-12-2008, 09:43 AM
This is going to be the last insult in this thread. There have been too many in this thread. Any ones i see after this one will get an infraction and other possible punishments.

How can I argue with you? Maybe because we know who some of these players are. Maybe we have done research into them and have made deductions from that research. You admit you don't know the guys and then tell us to do our research. Take your own advice and maybe your opinion for these guys might go up. Maybe it won't, but it can't hurt.

so you disagree with him? did u do your research.

I have

and i agree...

TJ > roko
Delfino > adams
Rasho > Jawai

you disagree?

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
so you disagree with him? did u do your research.
I have done my research and NO, I never said I disagreed with him. I told him how people can argue with his points. It is like if I said, "CharlieV is better than Chris Bosh (who I have never seen play)." If you don't know the players then your opinion isn't very informed.

TJ > roko
Delfino > adams
I do agree about these two but I also know that both Adams and Roko have shown a lot of upside and can prove us wrong. I like the fact that Adams seems to slash to the net more than Delfino did. That fits in with our team better.

Rasho > Jawai
This one is correct BUT I think it is the wrong comparison. We shouldn't be comparing Jawai to Rasho. We should be comparing O'Neal or Bargs to Rasho, not Jawai. Jawai is replacing Brezec and I believe: Jawai > Brezec.

star
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Jawai > Primo?

i dont know about that .... primo never got any min here ... but he is definately capable of playing at the NBA level ... and your ALREADY saying a guy that has never played is better?

Thats not very sensible

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Jawai > Primo?

i dont know about that .... primo never got any min here ... but he is definately capable of playing at the NBA level ... and your ALREADY saying a guy that has never played is better?

Thats not very sensible

Primo had no "upside" and that is what I look for from my 5th big man and biggest bench warmer. Jawai has raw skills and is younger, that immediately makes him a step up in my mind. Primo could barely stay in the league.

Tom Stone
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh and by the way ... NONE OF THE PROFESSIONALS and LEAGUE INSIDERS and EXPERTS and people who get payed to know as much about basketball as possible (so obviously way more than you) have picked the raps in the top 5 in the east ....

So you think you have more knowledge? More player contact? More exposure? More understanding?

You think they are all wrong? You think you know more? That your ranking of number 2 (which is WAY past ANY raking i have seen) has ANY credibility?

Please ....

Oh all the great insiders and so called experts.....they make crazy amount of mistakes constinly and consistanly, example... one of your experts said Charlie V would be one of the biggest busts ever...and the gm was brain dead....turned out charlie chased rookie of the year behind Chris paul.....So in evry situation your going to have so called experts and professinals give their opinion.....but unlike yourself ,I don't need to be told what to think....I think for myself, and at the risk of coming off arogant, I'm right 99% of the time......oh and I did understand your points, I just didn't agree with them....well I would love to continue this verbal judo, but you understand where im coming from..I understand where your coming from....lets, let it play out...and see who's right.

knowledgeGOD
08-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh all the great insiders and so called experts.....they make crazy amount of mistakes constinly and consistanly, example... one of your experts said Charlie V would be one of the biggest busts ever...and the gm was brain dead....turned out charlie chased rookie of the year behind Brandon Roy.....So in evry situation your going to have so called experts and professinals give their opinion.....but unlike yourself ,I don't need to be told what to think....I think for myself, and at the risk of coming off arogant, I'm right 99% of the time......oh and I did understand your points, I just didn't agree with them....well I would love to continue this verbal judo, but you understand where im coming from..I understand where your coming from....lets, let it play out...and see who's right.

i think charlie v came a year before brandon roy

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Good point, for a guy who is always right, that is a pretty glaring error.

Tom Stone
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM

I think your right, is was barg that chased brandon roy.....and charlie V chased Chris paul....Even better really, for my argument.(thanks)

Tom Stone
08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Good point, for a guy who is always right, that is a pretty glaring error.

Buddy your over looking the point , it was that charlie V was no bust.
Glaring error, come on son.

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe not a bust but he wasn't what the Raptors hoped he would be. Oh and I am not your "son".

khanraymond
08-12-2008, 02:15 PM
well quick question fruit cake, would you think the depth of (i can't defend, can only shoot 3s when i am open Kopono), Bustgani (the name say it all), ukic (haven't even play a game in the nba), adams (what, who is this guy? wait he is our 8th or 9th men, but i don't even know who is), solomon (huh? solomon as our 10th men, i don't know who he is either), jawaii (hahahaha, pointless to add any comments), hump and joey, i don't even want to mention, and there you go, OUR DEPTH for this year, do you honestly think 'this depth' will get us pass the first round if the depth we have last year didn't. Remember, we lost a great great point guard, a great slasher in delfino, and a vet center who help us big time at the end of season in rasho. SO PLEASE don't say We have more depth this year, we have FAR LESS depth this year, the only area we improve is in our starting lineup, and in our center position, other than that, i don't see an imporve whatsoever. And besides, you consider TJ as our backup point guard, so here u go to look at a comparison of last year depth compare to this year
TJ > Ukic
Delfino > Adams
Rasho > Jawaii
Primo < Solomon
Other players remain the same.

I have start doing my posts in crayon for some of these guys.

that 1st round blowout was due to lack of interior defense - i think we addressed that weakness.
- lost our depth? - 1st) Grabo didn't play 2)that depth hasn't really helped the Raptors make it past the 1st round the last 2 years 3)how is JO a bigger question mark than TJ?"

When did I say we have more depth this year?
Like I said - our depth hasn't help us the past 2 years in the playoffs - since most teams shorten the rotation to 8 guys during the playoffs. So having talent at the 9th and 10th spot really doesn't help during the playoffs (which is more important during the regular season).
Essentially, your replacing Rasho, Ford and Delfino with O'Neal, Ukic and Kapono in the 8 man rotation. I understand the individual comparison some of you have done(O'Neal > Rasho, Ford>Ukic, Delfino>Kapono - so improving in one comparison, but decreasing in the other 2) - but from a team point of view - improving the C position was worth decreasing at the PG. Also, you have to look at the rest of the team as a result of the trade, experience, more minutes, etc
1)Calderon > Calderon - Calderon should improve with another summer of international play - Calderon has improved every year, and there is no reason he shouldn't this year, since his minutes should go slightly up.
2)Parker = Parker - as much as you want to think Parker will decrease due to age, his play should remain consistent with last year.
3)Moon > Moon - Moon should improve from rookie season -just based on experience
4)Bosh > Bosh - Bosh should improve with O'Neal and another summer of USA basketball - less double teams, someone who may demand a double team himself, someone to take scoring pressure off, etc
5)O'Neal > Rasho
6)Ukic < Ford
7)Kapono < Delfino
8)Bragnani > Bragnani - Bragnani will be better than he was last year. I'm not assuming he's going to enter superstar status, but he should have 'slightly' better stat's than his rookie year.

While I don't think the Raptors are the #2 seed, I do think you'll see a more competitive battle in the eastern conference - Boston, Orlando, Philly, Toronto, Detroit, Washington and Cleveland - all have a chance at winning more than 50 games and any team has chance to win against eachother on any given night.
But who's going to take the East - I have no idea.
Last year, no one could predict the order of the western conference and this year, you should expect something similiar in the East - multiple teams going from 7th to 1st to 4th to 2nd to 5th, etc.
It's foolish to predict standings based on rosters - if that was the case, NY should have won the East a number of times in the last 5 years.

Finally, it's slightly confusing when people have no other way to articulate themselves without using juvenile language and insults, but think they can impart knowledge on to others.
And insults over the internet? - your quite the tough guy - over the internet. Probably the Mac-Daddy too - in the chatrooms.

I can't compete with that.

chrisw#17
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
In the end, the raptors can't seriously contend for a championship or finish atop the east until they get a star at the wing. They don't need another superstar but an allstar player that could be counted on everynight. Possibly a ray allen or micheal redd type player.

deaner
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM

wow... mr tom stone... you never cease to amaze me. 99%!!!!!

maybe you can speak to other MENSA members that way, but if you leave YOU'RE chess game and pass the gym... jocks will give you a wedgie and stuff you upside-down in a locker. Just a little heads up Doogie Howser.

You probably skipped grade 2 (all of public school for that matter)
So here's what you missed:

"You are" can be you're... but not your.

Too, to and two have different meaning as well. So back to YOUR nuclear physics. I'm surprised YOU'RE not a Laker fan.

One more thing... Beasley or Rose?

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 02:48 PM

maybe you can speak to other MENSA members that way, but if you leave YOU'RE chess game and pass the gym... jocks will give you a wedgie and stuff you upside-down in a locker. Just a little heads up Doogie Howser.

Dude... you got "your" and "you're" confused in this the above post, maybe you shouldn't be making fun of Tom so much. The bolded one should be "your".

deaner
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Dude... you got "your" and "you're" confused in this the above post, maybe you shouldn't be making fun of Tom so much. The bolded one should be "your".

maybe the humor doesn't come across. The MENSA one will understand.

bartlett2266
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
We definitely would be if moon could actually hit a jump shot, but atleast hes confident i really hope they are that good

Tom Stone
08-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Too, to and two have different meaning as well. So back to YOUR nuclear physics. I'm surprised YOU'RE not a Laker fan.

One more thing... Beasley or Rose?

Man , I didn't expect that, English criticism........you do know this is a sports forum......mabey you should go back to your poetry club.........and leave the sports to the men......I would like to meet you in real life and see if you talk to me like that. Someone got to teach you some respect son.

Bob_at_york
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I warned everyone on the last page that I wasn't accepting more insults in here. I have given out a couple of infractions and I am now locking the thread up. I apoligize to everyone who wanted to actually debate the subject.