PDA

View Full Version : Official Mike McCarthy press conference thread 2-set to be at 6:00 PM EST

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
The other thread was for yesterday, hopefully tonight we A) actually have a press conference B) get some clarification as to what exactly is going on... it can be watched live on packers.com

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Another day, another line of crap from the Packer organization.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 05:26 PM
the video is started now here: http://packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
he better say something worthwhile, and not the usual crap that we already know

servais77
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe they will do some spin on how ARod was "solid" in practice today with his 3 INT's in the 7 on 7 drill.

Ryan Diesel
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Maybe they will do some spin on how ARod was "solid" in practice today with his 3 INT's in the 7 on 7 drill.

He didn't really have 3 picks today in 7 on 7 today did he?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
MM is up now

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
its on espn too

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
MM seems bitter

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:14 PM
WTF, MM keeps talking about "if Brett was in the right mind set". As if this is all Brett's fault. Screw the organization from TT, Murphy, and MM. McCarthy is being a ***.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
he has said at least 5 times that they have offered to brett to come back'

and brett has said no

how is this the organizations fault when brett keeps saying no to us?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
wow...
"why is brett not the starting QB?"
"you have to ask brett"

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
wow...
"why is brett not the starting QB?"
"you have to ask brett"

Just going to quote that lol... wow, the packers org just keeps moving up the douche scale rapidly.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:19 PM
im confussed

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Why doesn't someone ask why does Brett Favre have to compete for his job?

akorber
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Im at work. Are they saying anything new?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
it seems like MM is worried about his mindset

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
he has said at least 5 times that they have offered to brett to come back'

and brett has said no

how is this the organizations fault when brett keeps saying no to us?

b/c its BS, Brett believes like many that the "competition" was already decided. Meaning Rodgers is the starter no matter. Brett has no reason to trust the Packers.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 06:22 PM
McCarthy said that he doesn't have the mindset to play in Green Bay... May mike should just walk away from the podium immediately.

lavell12
somebody ask MM what he thinks of the mindset of TT?

RcrkllrH2
Why doesn't someone ask why does Brett Favre have to compete for his job?

why doesnt somebody ask why brett refuses to compete for the job?

WickedBadMan
Essentially they are taking something as vague as "not mentally there" to end him. He said he won't be back in GB essentially.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM

b/c he believes that Rodgers has already been awared the job even if there was a competition.

iam brett favre
he said favre would be rehabing his "lower abdominal strain" if he showed up today

bpmd2k

McCarthy just said that Favre embraced the competition... It was literally said in like the last 2 minutes...

akorber
So basically this press conference is a waste of time and nobody is giving any new information. name him the starter,trade him, whatever. just ****in resolve this thing so we can get on with the season

lavell12
If Brett is watching this he may just screw MM and TT over and deny a trade to TB and force his way to Minn.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
b/c its BS, Brett believes like many that the "competition" was already decided. Meaning Rodgers is the starter no matter. Brett has no reason to trust the Packers.

"there will be a competition based on results of 11-11 and 7-7 scrimmages, and the preseason games"

you cant argue results

RcrkllrH2
McCarthy just said that Favre embraced the competition... It was literally said in like the last 2 minutes...

but he still refuses to do it

i wanna know why?

iam brett favre
i think they put him on the PUP list?

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
but he still refuses to do it

i wanna know why?

b/c Brett and others here believe that the decision was predetermined.

Its just spin from TT and MM.

There was never going to be a real competiton.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
whatever happens, the Packers better have a good season or TT and MM will be out on their arses.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
MM is the devil

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
hopefully the talks tonight go well

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
"there will be a competition based on results of 11-11 and 7-7 scrimmages, and the preseason games"

you cant argue results

Rodgers had 3 Picks in 7 on 7 Yesterday. That should end the competition right there lol.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:33 PM
MM seems like an ******* towards brett, and will not let him come back

Ryan Diesel
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Weirder and weirder by the minute.

OnWisconsin2007
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow, 3 picks in the 7 on 7 drill?

If the Packers don't make the playoffs, after I become completely enraged, I'll probably just laugh, and wait for the entire FO to be fired.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Rodgers had 3 Picks in 7 on 7 Yesterday. That should end the competition right there lol.

ok then....there we go....factor that into the competition

but we cant do that cuz brett refuses to compete

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:37 PM
i think in the end, favre will be the starter. its been so weird, and its changing by the second, so who's to say that cant be the ending

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
ok then....there we go....factor that into the competition

but we cant do that cuz brett refuses to compete

i dont know what the **** you are talking about MM said at least 5 different times favre would love to go out and compete

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
scott hansen on brett

"brett favre is not a green bay packer because brett favre does not want to be a green bay packer"

that sums it up perfectly because thats what the situation is....the packers want him, brett doesnt

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
i dont know what the **** you are talking about MM said at least 5 different times favre would love to go out and compete

then why doesnt he???

thats all i want to know....what reason does brett have to not go out and compete?

OnWisconsin2007
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
scott hansen on brett

"brett favre is not a green bay packer because brett favre does not want to be a green bay packer"

that sums it up perfectly because thats what the situation is....the packers want him, brett doesnt

That is NOT ****ing true. You are just making **** up now. The Packers are basically telling Favre that he won't win the job if he competes. It's pretty obvious at this point that Favre wants to play...but the organization won't let him.

RcrkllrH2
this is gonna be a great book someday....

iam brett favre
then why doesnt he???

thats all i want to know....what reason does brett have to not go out and compete?

because MM doesnt feel that his mindset in the right place

bpmd2k
scott hansen on brett

Ted Thompson is a douchebag which led us all to this situation. Favre will be the starter, Green Bay will be a force, and this whole situation will be forgotten. But I would have to think that Thompson is still urging Brett to stay retired or leave. Nothing is a weirder feeling than being somewhere where you aren't wanted. Especially after you meant so much to something in the past.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
so he will not let him.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
That is NOT ****ing true. You are just making **** up now. The Packers are basically telling Favre that he won't win the job if he competes. It's pretty obvious at this point that Favre wants to play...but the organization won't let him.

when did they ever say that?

at what point in time did they ever say "brett is not going to be the starter"

they did in the past, but once they established the competition they never said anything to infer that he would have no chance in starting

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
because MM doesnt feel that his mindset in the right place

so if brett isnt in the right mindset to compete, or not in the right "place" to be the starter for the packers

why do we want him?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
they can say it will be a competition, but how do we really know it woild be fair? they could say a rod is doing better even if hes not

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
so if brett isnt in the right mindset to compete, or not in the right "place" to be the starter for the packers

why do we want him?

what more do you want then the fact that he wants to play, and is ready to play?

OnWisconsin2007
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM

they did in the past, but once they established the competition they never said anything to infer that he would have no chance in starting

So, basically, Favre went through this entire circus just to say he doesn't want to play for the Packers? Makes sense :rolleyes:

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
bottom line: until MM wants favre back, he will not be back.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
bottom line: until MM wants favre back, he will not be back.

until brett says he wants to be a packer, MM will welcome him back

Brooke
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
MM seems bitter

Yep I got the same vibe. It is obvious they are just trying to push him out of town. What a bunch of idiots

Brooke
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
b/c Brett and others here believe that the decision was predetermined.

Its just spin from TT and MM.

There was never going to be a real competiton.

Yup pretty much.

crizgolfer
08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
The only fact here is that none of us was in the room during the conversations...

WickedBadMan
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
MM must be a psychologist btw.

bucksbeat
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM

So they said in the past he wont be the starter but now all of a sudden have a change of heart, take the job from Aaron and throw it into a "competition."

This completely goes against their idea of Aaron Rodgers being their starter.

So pretty much they have been flip-flopping on Favre and lying to Aaron over the past weeks when they constantly came out and clearly stated that, Rodgers was their starting quarterback.

Does anyone really see any of this making sense at all?

Quite literally both Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers have the right to be completely pissed at Packers management.

newdude
08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
until brett says he wants to be a packer, MM will welcome him back

Dude, he wants to be a Packer, but he doesn't want to hurt Rodgers' feelings (lol) and TT&MM is backing Rodgers. But he said if they are really willing to have an open competition, he'll practice his butt off.

wwfd1220
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
boy oh boy. if this doesnt attract high talent players next off season. i dont know what will LOLOLOLOL. the organization that i have known andfollowedmy entire life. is an absolute joke right now. i am so glad that my father (god rest his soul ) is not hear to see this **** go down the way it has. i have no respect for anybody in the green bay front office right now. and on top of that. i dont trust a word they say about ANYTHING. not even about player performance. what a ****ing joke. i am done with this until it is resolved.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Dude, he wants to be a Packer, but he doesn't want to hurt Rodgers' feelings (lol) and TT&MM is backing Rodgers. But he said if they are really willing to have an open competition, he'll practice his butt off.

No they said they would have a competition. But Brett doesn't want to be a distraction. And the Packers pretty much hurt his feeling with what they have told him in the past and then them trying to buy him out.

I am sick of this ****, I am ready to move on. He is just being a huge cry baby and a drama queen. Right now, I say **** him.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I am sick of this ****, I am ready to move on. He is just being a huge cry baby and a drama queen. Right now, I say **** him.

amen!!!!!

newdude
08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
No they said they would have a competition. But Brett doesn't want to be a distraction. And the Packers pretty much hurt his feeling with what they have told him in the past and then them trying to buy him out.

Wth? That's what I meant. He didn't want to piss on Rodgers and mess with the team's chemistry and it was also mutually agree by MM.

And why is the blame solely on Favre? If they moved on, like u r, just let him go then.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Wth? That's what I meant. He didn't want to piss on Rodgers and mess with the team's chemistry and it was also mutually agree by MM.

And why is the blame solely on Favre? If they moved on, like u r, just let him go then.

Because right now I view this as Favres fault because of all of his flip flopping. First he says in interviews "why cant it be a competition? we go into camp and let the best man win" well we say fine it is open for competition and now he leaves GB and doesn't want to compete, because he thinks Aaron should be the QB and he doesn't want to be a distraction...Are you kidding me Brett? You don't want to be a distraction? I think your a little ****ing late on that one, you should have just stayed retired. You have now really hurt your legacy in the eyes of many fans.

newdude
08-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Because right now I view this as Favres fault because of all of his flip flopping. First he says in interviews "why cant it be a competition? we go into camp and let the best man win" well we say fine it is open for competition and now he leaves GB and doesn't want to compete, because he thinks Aaron should be the QB and he doesn't want to be a distraction...Are you kidding me Brett? You don't want to be a distraction? I think your a little ****ing late on that one, you should have just stayed retired. You have now really hurt your legacy in the eyes of many fans.

He said that? Really? There's been many things released, I probably lost track, so could u point me to it:D

And again, even if he said that, there's many things that went on behind closed doors. There could be things done or said to him that made him this pissed. And u know and I know, and everyone knows that MM & TT only "allowed" competition is bcuz they HAD to, they didn't want to, but they HAD to or most of Packer nation would be furious. Like I said in another thread, would u like to work, or in this case play, for a team where the management & head coach don't really have ur back and really don't want u there.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 01:24 AM
He said that? Really? There's been many things released, I probably lost track, so could u point me to it:D

And again, there's many things that went on behind closed doors. There could be things done or said to him that made him this pissed. And u know and I know, and everyone knows that MM & TT only "allowed" competition is bcuz they HAD to, they didn't want to, but they HAD to or most of Packer nation would be furious. Like I said in another thread, would u like to work, or in this case play, for a team where the management & head coach don't really have ur back and really don't want u there.

The interview with Greta Van Sustren or whatever, he was *****ing about how they said if he came back to GB it would only be as a backup and how there wouldn't even be a QB competition...Well Brett we gave you one, and you *****ed out again.

This is all I have to say to you Brett. (http://scandalouscandice.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/middle-finger.jpg)

newdude
08-06-2008, 01:50 AM
The interview with Greta Van Sustren or whatever, he was *****ing about how they said if he came back to GB it would only be as a backup and how there wouldn't even be a QB competition...Well Brett we gave you one, and you *****ed out again.

This is all I have to say to you Brett. (http://scandalouscandice.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/middle-finger.jpg)

I watched the first part and nothing. I read some of the transcript and couldn't find it. I'll try and watch the rest tomorrow (it's late lol), but I still don't remember him saying that.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:24 AM
MM sounded really pissed off in the press conference. It could be that the reporters were trying to get stuff out of him and he just kept repeating himself or it could be on Favre's conversation. Nevertheless, MM made it very clear that Favre's head wasn't in GB anymore. Which tells me Favre wants a little revenge. He wants to play against us and show us what we are missing. He was pushing really hard to go to the Vikings or the Bears. TB will give Favre that one chance in week 4 to get his revenge.

As a fan I have no hard feeling for Favre. I understand that he wanted to play but I have stuck with the organization's decision to move on. Honestly I think we will be just fine without Favre.