PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News... Favre To Tb??? Espnews

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
The Packers have convinced Brett Favre that he can't play in Green Bay anymore and they won't trade him to Minne or the Bears, so Favre is contemplating going to Tampa Bay, according to ESPNEWS.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess he will atleast make the playoffs that division sucks. TB doesn't have much weapons but if they add number 4 then they have a shot.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
do you have a link or something

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, Ted Thompson is a super Douchebag. I think Favre should tell Thompson to stick this trade **** up his *** and tell him that he is going to be the Packers QB.

Please Check out my rant in the Mike McCarthy thread on how much Ted Thompson sucks.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
do you have a link or something

It was just on TV, ESPNEWS Channel...

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
oh my bad for some reason i dont get that channel anymore

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
ill take it

its not the bears
its not the queens

it will end this stupid thing

make it happen

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
honestly, im getting to the point where i was just want to find a solution

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm think TB or someone will trade for Brett and then ship him off to Minnesota.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
honestly, im getting to the point where i was just want to find a solution

I like to see the Packers Squirm. They have turned into the ultimate classless organization in sports.

wissportsfan
Yeah I don't think he's going to the Bears or Vikings but TB wouldn't make a lot of sense for TB. They have Garcia and they know getting Favre would cause more problems because Garcia would go crazy. I still see the Jets as a better team to trade with but Favre probably doesn't want to go there.

iam brett favre
at this point i have no clue what to believe anymore.. yesterday i was convinced he would be the starter

bpmd2k
I'm think TB or someone will trade for Brett and then ship him off to Minnesota.

I was actually thinking that... And that would be the best thing I have ever heard of.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I was actually thinking that... And that would be the best thing I have ever heard of.

While it would suck for the Packers it would be awesome, I'd love to see the look on TT's face when he finds that out.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I like to see the Packers Squirm. They have turned into the ultimate classless organization in sports.

technically they have had two stances this entire ordeal

we are moving forward with aaron
we dont want you to be a viking or a bear

and because they have stuck with this, its showing more class than anything else

iam brett favre
how do we REALLY know they are discussing a trade? yesterday he was the starting QB remember? this changes hourly, until something is official, i will no longer jump to any conclusions

lavell12
I'm not buying that the Packers FO has convinced him of going to TB, as if Brett is now going to listen to TT.

wissportsfan
While it would suck for the Packers it would be awesome, I'd love to see the look on TT's face when he finds that out.

Yeah that would suck but I could honestly see something like that happening.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM

is there any way the pack could prevent that?

make some type of contract clause?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
TT isnt smart enough to think of that

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I think Goodell and the League wants Brett in Minnesota, imagine the ratings for that first Monday Night Football game with Brett coming back in Lambeau against the Packers.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
technically they have had two stances this entire ordeal

we are moving forward with aaron
we dont want you to be a viking or a bear

and because they have stuck with this, its showing more class than anything else

Yeah you are right. What was I thinking, robbing the Best QB ever of his starting job by convincing him to retire because you are afraid of losing a Backup QB. Soooo Classy.

They have had 1 stance in this ordeal. That is they want to **** Brett Favre.

RcrkllrH2
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah you are right. What was I thinking, robbing the Best QB ever of his starting job by convincing him to retire because you are afraid of losing a Backup QB. Soooo Classy.

They have had 1 stance in this ordeal. That is they want to **** Brett Favre.

he retired on his own accord...then wanted to come back, then retired again

brett is more at fault in this whole ordeal than the management, the management isnt totally scot free, but brett is more at fault

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I think this whole think has come down to TT and MM resenting the love for Favre in GB and that Brett could have this much power. I don't get why you don't want Favre back? You were that close to the Super Bowl last season.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM

whos classy now?

He has said on numerous times he was forced to make a decision, plus was anyone really suprised when Brett said he wanted back in? Why wouldn't they take him back?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
noone understands what they are doing

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
ESPN's Ed Werder says that the Packers and Buccaneers are currently discussing a Brett Favre trade.

Meanwhile, Favre is considering whether he'd be willing to play for the Bucs, as if he hasn't known it was a possibility for a month. Favre would have plenty of time to pick up Tampa Bay's offense, and Jeff Garcia would certainly throw a hissy fit to be remembered.

-roto

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
they shouldn't trade him

wissportsfan
08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Right now it sounds like two different stories. It comes down to who are you going to believe Brett Favre or Packers organization.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM

brett is more at fault in this whole ordeal than the management, the management isnt totally scot free, but brett is more at fault

I sincerely doubt that he really wanted to retire. He knew that TT wouldn't give him help on offense so he made a knee jerk decision. What would they have done is he didn't "retire"? They would have Brett as QB and Rodgers as the backup? But they are so Scared that they will lose Rodgers all of a sudden, I have to think that getting him to retire was in place for a while.

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Brett Favre has played every packers game that we have seen in the past 15+ years. He never missed a start, won a superbowl and 3 MVP's all while never *****ing about injury or contracts or anything. He played over half of a season with a broken Thumb. On his throwing Hand.

The reason that all of this went down the way it did was due to one reason... Ted Thompson is one of the worst GM's I have ever witnessed in the NFL. I mean, he just continues to fail epically at several aspects of his job. I will lay out a few reasons.

1. He shouldn't have drafted Aaron Rodgers. He was building a very good defense and the Packers had Superbowl aspirations. Why take a QB when Favre is locked up? They didn't have to worry about him getting hurt, and the "retirement" talk over the years is natural with anyone that takes broadsided shots from 350 lb D linemen for several years in a row. We all knew that for Favre to actually retire, you would have to pry the football out of his cold dead hands. So, instead of drafting Rodgers, why not draft someone to actually help on offense?

2. Ted Thompson has signed 1 free agent in the last few years that I can remember that was actually meant to have an impact and that is Charles Woodson. He has been good for us. But, again, no offensive pieces have been brought in.

3. He failed to get Randy Moss for a 4th rounder after Favre and some other teammates alluded that they would like to see him in a packers uni. But, what did Thompson do? Nothing as usual. What did Randy Moss do? Have the best season in the History of the NFL as a WR.

4. So what did thompson do last year in the NFL Draft? Help the offense? Nope. He toke an injured Defensive tackle which the packers didn't need. They were very solid on Defense, but needed some offensive punch to help Favre and the offense get over the hump. Even if they did need a tackle, why draft damaged goods? I think I heard earlier in the offseason that Harrell is still injured. Good pick there douchebag.

5. He could be the GM that trades one of the best QB's ever, that still has something left in the tank. This is a little different than say the Joe Montana situation because I know that Montana really didn't have anything left, but Favre is still playing at a Superbowl level.

6. While he has pulled some good talent out of the gutter (Driver in the 7th round. Ryan Grant trade. Greg Jennings in the 3rd. Woodson signing after his career was in a tailspin in OAK.) his non moves on the offensive side have washed all of that away. I honestly can't remember a superbowl team not making any moves at all in an offseason besides the packers. If you think about it, Favre carried the Packers to within 1 quarter of a Superbowl and all that Ted Thompson could muster last offseason was to sign Frank Walker... WTF.

So, Lets get down to it. Ted Thompson is a douchebag. He really doesn't give a **** about the offense and is taking the Baltimore Ravens approach to winning. That worked out well for them huh? To win the Superbowl, it takes a complete team. Ted Thompson can't comprehend that.

If Brett Favre did waver back and forth about retiring as the packers claimed in the offseason, don't you think that he has earned it? I mean the Tennessee Titans had more understanding for Pacman Jones than the Packers did for Favre. Aaron Rodgers literally must be the best QB to ever play the game for the Packers to be that scared to lose him. Ted Thompson's pride is getting in the way of putting the best team possible for the fans to watch. He is scared that one of his first rounders might leave. TT makes me sick and I hope that he gets ousted out of Green Bay very soon.

AFlagRules
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I sincerely doubt that he really wanted to retire. He knew that TT wouldn't give him help on offense so he made a knee jerk decision. What would they have done is he didn't "retire"? They would have Brett as QB and Rodgers as the backup? But they are so Scared that they will lose Rodgers all of a sudden, I have to think that getting him to retire was in place for a while.

Nobody forced Favre to retire. He did it himself, or else some report would have come out with him saying they forced him to retire.

If he wouldn't have retired, he would still be the starter today. And I doubt the Packers would have a "fear" of losing Rodgers. I mean, Favre is probably going to play 1 maybe 2 more years. Rodgers is still very young and could still learn more from Favre.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
TT is a ****ing *******

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Chris Mortenson just said no deal is iminent and that sometime today he will talk to the bucs-his family is trying to talk him into talking to the jets

augipitcher3
08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I think Goodell and the League wants Brett in Minnesota, imagine the ratings for that first Monday Night Football game with Brett coming back in Lambeau against the Packers.

That would be the highest rated non-super bowl game in NFL history for sure. It might be top 10 anyways.

cwilson21
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM

That would be awesome just to see the jaws drop on Murphy and Thompson.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
im honestly not convinced a deal will get done

JJohnson0522
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM

:laugh:

WickedBadMan
08-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Brett Favre has played every packers game that we have seen in the past 15+ years. He never missed a start, won a superbowl and 3 MVP's all while never *****ing about injury or contracts or anything. He played over half of a season with a broken Thumb. On his throwing Hand.

The reason that all of this went down the way it did was due to one reason... Ted Thompson is one of the worst GM's I have ever witnessed in the NFL. I mean, he just continues to fail epically at several aspects of his job. I will lay out a few reasons.

1. He shouldn't have drafted Aaron Rodgers. He was building a very good defense and the Packers had Superbowl aspirations. Why take a QB when Favre is locked up? They didn't have to worry about him getting hurt, and the "retirement" talk over the years is natural with anyone that takes broadsided shots from 350 lb D linemen for several years in a row. We all knew that for Favre to actually retire, you would have to pry the football out of his cold dead hands. So, instead of drafting Rodgers, why not draft someone to actually help on offense?

2. Ted Thompson has signed 1 free agent in the last few years that I can remember that was actually meant to have an impact and that is Charles Woodson. He has been good for us. But, again, no offensive pieces have been brought in.

3. He failed to get Randy Moss for a 4th rounder after Favre and some other teammates alluded that they would like to see him in a packers uni. But, what did Thompson do? Nothing as usual. What did Randy Moss do? Have the best season in the History of the NFL as a WR.

4. So what did thompson do last year in the NFL Draft? Help the offense? Nope. He toke an injured Defensive tackle which the packers didn't need. They were very solid on Defense, but needed some offensive punch to help Favre and the offense get over the hump. Even if they did need a tackle, why draft damaged goods? I think I heard earlier in the offseason that Harrell is still injured. Good pick there douchebag.

5. He could be the GM that trades one of the best QB's ever, that still has something left in the tank. This is a little different than say the Joe Montana situation because I know that Montana really didn't have anything left, but Favre is still playing at a Superbowl level.

6. While he has pulled some good talent out of the gutter (Driver in the 7th round. Ryan Grant trade. Greg Jennings in the 3rd. Woodson signing after his career was in a tailspin in OAK.) his non moves on the offensive side have washed all of that away. I honestly can't remember a superbowl team not making any moves at all in an offseason besides the packers. If you think about it, Favre carried the Packers to within 1 quarter of a Superbowl and all that Ted Thompson could muster last offseason was to sign Frank Walker... WTF.

So, Lets get down to it. Ted Thompson is a douchebag. He really doesn't give a **** about the offense and is taking the Baltimore Ravens approach to winning. That worked out well for them huh? To win the Superbowl, it takes a complete team. Ted Thompson can't comprehend that.

If Brett Favre did waver back and forth about retiring as the packers claimed in the offseason, don't you think that he has earned it? I mean the Tennessee Titans had more understanding for Pacman Jones than the Packers did for Favre. Aaron Rodgers literally must be the best QB to ever play the game for the Packers to be that scared to lose him. Ted Thompson's pride is getting in the way of putting the best team possible for the fans to watch. He is scared that one of his first rounders might leave. TT makes me sick and I hope that he gets ousted out of Green Bay very soon.

Bravo :clap:

bpmd2k
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Bravo :clap:

Thanks man.

SDteacher
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm still hoping he stays away from Minnesota. I wonder how many more times reports will change. I really hope we get more than a 4th

Squad13
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM

One of the worst GM"s? Your a fool if you think that, its a very VERY unique situation stop talking out your *****

Brooke
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Yep that thought has crossed my mind. I even suggested that in the other thread

robdizzle3
08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I dont really doubt that A-Rod can play but everyone knows w have a better chance of going to the Bowl with Favre but the FO will be put on notice this season if Rod doesnt deliver.Whats best for the team is having Favre under center but doesnt look like thats gonna happen

sieracki24
08-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Some solid points...except 1...Driver was drafted way before TT was in charge...but otherwise I agree with most of your points...he is good at finding talent in the draft but is too damn stubborn sometimes...

bucksbeat
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
The talent lost under Ted Thompson (Darren Sharper, Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera, Javon Walker, Brett Favre) far outweigh the talent gained. Our running game and secondary play suffered miserably for the majority of his tenure.

His personnel decisions are questionable. He has no knack for improving the team in any other capacity aside from the draft.

bucksbeat
08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
On a side note:

Wherever Favre goes, who's getting NFL Sunday Ticket? I'd imagine subscriptions in Wisconsin will be of the record breaking variety.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't mind trading him to TB at all.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
On a side note:

Wherever Favre goes, who's getting NFL Sunday Ticket? I'd imagine subscriptions in Wisconsin will be of the record breaking variety.

Already have it.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
will everyone here's second favorite team be TB then?

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't have a second favorite team. It's Packers or nothing.

smellsam44
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

1. When favre was contemplating retirement for a couple of years, and plus it's never a bad thing to hve too many good QB's.

2. Ted has never been about signing Free agents. Free agents aren't what he does. He likes to build through the draft. Free Agents =/= winning as the packers went 13-3 last year without any free agents

3. and what did moss do the previous years. have sub 800 yard seasons and not try at all. Moss was a cancer, and did not want to play for green bay. two things that made Ted stay away from him

4. he makes a bad draft choice and you rip on him. Mistakes are made, nobody knows how some of these players work out. plus he's in his second year. Didn't FCavre have a god awful first year?

5. he could be. yes, and Aaron Rodgers could be the greatest QB ever.

6. again Ted doesn't sign free agents. he brought in a lot of talent in the past year and continues to do so. you can't get a star every single year.

this was probably the worst post ever. you have no didea how to run a football team. Ted has given us a 13-3 team, and one that l;ooks to be very good for a very long time.

smellsam44
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
The talent lost under Ted Thompson (Darren Sharper, Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera, Javon Walker, Brett Favre) far outweigh the talent gained. Our running game and secondary play suffered miserably for the majority of his tenure.

His personnel decisions are questionable. He has no knack for improving the team in any other capacity aside from the draft.

darren sharper sucks, rivera and wahle have been injured, walker is a mess, and favre has yet to be traded
what talent has been lost

bucksbeat
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
darren sharper sucks, rivera and wahle have been injured, walker is a mess, and favre has yet to be traded
what talent has been lost

1) Sharper......Mark Roman, Arturo Freeman. (We finally found Bigby in 2007 :clap: )

2) Rivera and Wahle were Pro Bowl guards at the time. Again look at our running game without Gado and Grant the last few years.

3) Walker wasn't a mess at the time.

Sorry. I forgot Ted used his seeing the future abilities of knowing Rivera, Wahle and Walker would have tough times coming their way.

smellsam44
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
1) Sharper......Mark Roman, Arturo Freeman. (We finally found Bigby in 2007 :clap: )

2) Rivera and Wahle were Pro Bowl guards at the time. Again look at our running game without Gado and Grant the last few years.

3) Walker wasn't a mess at the time.

Sorry. I forgot Ted used his seeing the future abilities of knowing Rivera, Wahle and Walker would have tough times coming their way.

Sharper was still garbage at the time we let go of him

we couldn't sign rivera and wahle due to cap limitations by Mike Sherman

walker injured his leg and was out for the a year

enordrum
08-05-2008, 09:43 PM
It would be in the Packers best interest to trade Favre to Tampa, the Pack could get Garcia. Packers need a veteran qb if Favre is shipped off. Favre would get his wish and be able to play against us in week 4. Garcia is also a quality veteran which the Pack will need if Aaron goes down with injury.

Packers are the only NFL team without a qb who has started an NFL game if you take Brett out of the equation. This would be the best compromise from both sides of the coin.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
It would be in the Packers best interest to trade Favre to Tampa, the Pack could get Garcia. Packers need a veteran qb if Favre is shipped off. Favre would get his wish and be able to play against us in week 4. Garcia is also a quality veteran which the Pack will need if Aaron goes down with injury.

Packers are the only NFL team without a qb who has started an NFL game if you take Brett out of the equation. This would be the best compromise from both sides of the coin.

I really don't see that happening. I doubt we trade for a veteran QB, especially one as good as Garcia. I could see us signing a FA veteran QB. But I could really see them trading Garcia to the Vikings and having Brett start in Tampa. That way both the Bucs and Vikes get starting QB upgrades, makes sense to me.

enordrum
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
3. and what did moss do the previous years. have sub 800 yard seasons and not try at all. Moss was a cancer, and did not want to play for green bay. two things that made Ted stay away from him

Moss wanted to play in GB with Brett as his qb, Ted gave him an insulting offer and talked down to him on the phone, at that point Randy hung the phone uo and moved on the the Patriots who treated him like a man.

4. he makes a bad draft choice and you rip on him. Mistakes are made, nobody knows how some of these players work out. plus he's in his second year. Didn't FCavre have a god awful first year?

Justin has had injuries every year dating back to high school. This was not a good value pick. At best Justin would have gone late 2nd round but no, why not use the 16th pick in the draft for an injured/injury prone player rather than someone we needed (we were also already stacked @ DT).

5. he could be. yes, and Aaron Rodgers could be the greatest QB ever.

hahaha, funniest post ever

this was probably the worst post ever. you have no didea how to run a football team. Ted has given us a 13-3 team, and one that l;ooks to be very good for a very long time.

So Ted threw the bomb to Jennings in OT @ Denver? Lets see what the Packers record will be @ the end of this season.

Chisox fan
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post

is there any way the pack could prevent that?

make some type of contract clause?

Somebody on espn radio suggested the Packers could put a sort of poison pill in the trade. Something like, if the Bucs were to trade Favre, the compensation becomes 3 1st round pics.

by the way, the Bucs play the Pack in week 4. This could be Brett's next best option if he wants some payback. The downside is the Bucs don't have any offense, at least in skill positions.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I really don't see that happening. I doubt we trade for a veteran QB, especially one as good as Garcia. I could see us signing a FA veteran QB. But I could really see them trading Garcia to the Vikings and having Brett start in Tampa. That way both the Bucs and Vikes get starting QB upgrades, makes sense to me.

Anyone else see this as a possibility?

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I could see it happening, mainly because Garcia would be very unhappy in Tampa bay

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Garcia is still a pretty damn good QB, IMO. He can scramble, much like Tjack. I think he would fit in very nicely in Minnesota.

JETty12213
08-05-2008, 11:10 PM
i just cant see thisworking out. Garcia is pretty damn good and it would take brett a while to learn the system. i think it will only set back the teams progress

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
the way they are talking now, it sounds like favre doesnt want to play anywhere but GB

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 11:21 PM
the way they are talking now, it sounds like favre doesnt want to play anywhere but GB

Yeah thats why he just went back home and said he didn't want to even compete when we said it was a open competition because he would be a distraction and Arod should be the guy. I have given up my hopes of him ever playing here again.

GoPackGo728
08-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I thought an open competition was underway. Would have been the fairest way to resolve this other than giving Favre the job to begin with.

Dabull311
08-06-2008, 12:27 AM
The Packers should trade Brett to Tampa. The Bucs play a west coast type of offense which Brett will easily Pick up. The Packers should trade him for a second or third round pick and depending on his perfomance the pick can easily be moved up to a first round pick. The Packers can not trade him to a nfc north team it will kill the Packers. The Vikings only want to trade a 4th or 5th round pick for him which is dumb and if the Packers trade him to the Vikings and only get a 4th or 5th round pick, Ted Thompson should be fired for how he has handled things and not getting the best value out of Favre.

newdude
08-06-2008, 01:53 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/05/packers-bucs-working-on-favre-deal.aspx

Packers-Bucs working on Favre deal
By Greg A. Bedard
Tuesday, Aug 5 2008, 11:45 PM
Green Bay - The Tampa Tribune reported late Tuesday night that a trade between the Packers and Bucs for Brett Favre is likely to be finalized within the next 24 hours after Favre told Tampa directly that he would not stand in the way of a deal.

But the Journal Sentinel, through league sources, learned that a deal between the Packers and Bucs has not been finalized. The two teams still have to agree on compensation, which could prove a sticking point. The sources were also under the impression that the New York Jets were not out of the running for Favre's services.

A source close to Favre told the Journal Sentinel that while Favre's trade to Tampa Bay was not yet completed, the signs were definitely pointed in that direction.

Favre is said to be stressed out by the entire situation, including having about 100 fans and media camped out on his doorstep, and is ready for it to be over. His wife, Deanna, also gave her approval for a trade to Tampa Bay, according to multiple sources.

Ohhhhhh, this is getting serious

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 01:56 AM
He's long gone now.

See you week 4 Brett. Watch your back for Barnett, Kampman, and Hawk. :D

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Sounds like it's finally over. Thank god.

Time for the real Packers to stand up.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Chill Ryan, he's still a Packer great, u'll forget it like how 9ers fan forgot about Montana and the Chiefs.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
What do you guys think we got in return? I'm thinking we at least got a DL.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:09 AM
We r going to get probably a mid-low draft pick plus one of the numerous qbs, possibly Simms.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:15 AM
We r going to get probably a mid-low draft pick plus one of the numerous qbs, possibly Simms.

I have thought of that also but for some reason I don't see that because that would mean we would have to cut one of our QB's and I think we like Flynn to much to just put him on the PS.

I could maybe see like Ryan Sims or Greg White plus mid-low pick

I wonder how the Hovan reunion will work out.

OnWisconsin2007
08-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Wow...we're going to see Brett Favre in a different uniform. I can't imagine it, but alas, it's happening. Still my favorite player in the league, no doubt about it.

SDteacher
08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Simms has been in my mind but I think you're right about us not wanting to put Flynn on the PS, however I think Simms is good. I would love to see a DL come our way. Hovan would be great. We'll see. This whole situation sucks, so if anything good can be made of it I'll be more than happy. I'll always be a Brett fan, but if he can't get over what was said, and I can't really blame him and he does want to play, then he should go somewhere else. He'll always be a Packer to me and I see this whole thing getting better once TT leaves, whenever that is. I see the next GM to welcome him in say he's sorry for the way things went down and then he will sign a 1 day contract to retire a Packer. Good Luck Brett!

newdude
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I have thought of that also but for some reason I don't see that because that would mean we would have to cut one of our QB's and I think we like Flynn to much to just put him on the PS.

I could maybe see like Ryan Sims or Greg White plus mid-low pick

I wonder how the Hovan reunion will work out.

Maybe, but it depends on if TT wants to go into the season with all of our QBs having zero starts in the NFL.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe, but it depends on if TT wants to go into the season with all of our QBs having zero starts in the NFL.

We did that with RB last year I don't see why he has a problem with that at the QB position. He holds a lot of trust in Rodgers.

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:06 PM
The QB position is a little different than RB. 16 years experience vs 0, hmmm, no brainer.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
The QB position is a little different than RB. 16 years experience vs 0, hmmm, no brainer.

We may think that but obviously he's got a lot of confidence in Rodgers.

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm glad they have a lot of confidence in Rogers. And I hope he does well. But my opinion, I think he's a bum. He will not live up to expectations.

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm glad they have a lot of confidence in Rogers. And I hope he does well. But my opinion, I think he's a bum. He will not live up to expectations.

Why do you think he's a bum?

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I just don't think he is that good of a QB plain and simple. He will be a decent starter and could lead the Packers to the playoffs. But if you're expecting a Super Bowl for this organization, Rogers isn't the answer.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I just don't think he is that good of a QB plain and simple. He will be a decent starter and could lead the Packers to the playoffs. But if you're expecting a Super Bowl for this organization, Rogers isn't the answer.

How can you think he's not that good of a QB? Based on what? He's barely played. You can't judge a guy who's been sitting for three years. It's just utterly ridiculous.

socalpkrbkr
08-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Good because I'll be rooting for Aaron Rodgers to succeed. Who in the **** is Rogers?

Damn The Man
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Good because I'll be rooting for Aaron Rodgers to succeed. Who in the **** is Rogers?

You are an insightful one. Sorry for misspelling your new starting QB's name. I make sure to get it right when you win a Super Bowl with him.

And what do you have to base on the RoDgers is a good QB? One game where he played a half against the Cowboys?

newdude
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
We did that with RB last year I don't see why he has a problem with that at the QB position. He holds a lot of trust in Rodgers.

Having alot of trust in Rodgers is not a bad thing, but considering Rodgers' past history with injuries, it might be best to have a vet behind him instead of just 2 rookies. That's why I still think a qb is involved in that trade, other than Favre.

And rb experience don't even equate to qb experience. Big difference:)

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Having alot of trust in Rodgers is not a bad thing, but considering Rodgers' past history with injuries, it might be best to have a vet behind him instead of just 2 rookies. That's why I still think a qb is involved in that trade, other than Favre.

All of the 'veteran' QB's in FA right now are just awful, there's no point in bringing in a QB with 'experience' when he completely blows and can't make a roster. I'd rather just play Brian Brohm than play most of the trash out on the market.

The Lizard King
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007
ESPN is reporting that it's about to happen. Favre to Tampa Bay.

I obviously love Favre, I don't think we need to go into that lol. It's the best thing for the team at this point. Focus the media somewhere else, and let this young team grow old together.

Goodbye, Brett
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry OnWisconsin2007, but you had it coming. READ THIS EVERYBODY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OnWisconsin2007 says:

"Uh, Favre isn't going to be traded."

"Murphy said that he'll welcome him back this year, and that he'll be a Packer this year. He isn't going to be traded, the rest of the NFL can stop fantasizing about possibly having a shot at him."

"I don't need you lecturing me about the Packers. I live 25 minutes from GB and live in the heart of Packer nation. I follow the Packers every single day. You don't need to tell me what's happening in the situation, I understand what's happening. And Favre's not going to be traded. He's going to be starting for the Packers and leading them to the top of the NFC North yet again. It's that simple."

"Dude, it's pretty painfully obvious that Brett Favre is going to be starting this year for the Packers. I just watched a TT interview for Packers family night, him and Murphy are welcoming Favre back, they said it, and they said he'd be on the team this year. Just because you're jealous that we have Favre back doesn't mean you're right."

"Do you really think the organization would tell everybody that Favre was welcomed back and say he was competing for the job, tell everybody that he's playing in GB this year and then trade him? Doesn't sound too obvious to me. I think you're in denial right now."

Lizard King says:

"Do you really believe you can trust anything the Packers say after they change their minds and alter their standpoint on an almost daily basis?"

OnWisconsin2007 says:

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"It's obvious that Brett Favre is the better QB. It's time for TT and MM to put aside their egos, and let him play. It comes down to the point where you need to think about what's best for your team."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm confused. Is it better for the team if Favre plays for Green Bay or Tampa Bay??

newdude
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM
All of the 'veteran' QB's in FA right now are just awful, there's no point in bringing in a QB with 'experience' when he completely blows and can't make a roster. I'd rather just play Brian Brohm than play most of the trash out on the market.

WTH? Look at what I was talking about b4 replying. I wasn't talking about FA, I was referring to the trade with the Bucs, if it happens. I was referring mostly to Simms, who may not be the best, but a capable backup just in case Rodgers goes down.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
WTH? Look at what I was talking about b4 replying. I wasn't talking about FA, I was referring to the trade with the Bucs, if it happens. I was referring mostly to Simms, who may not be the best, but a capable backup just in case Rodgers goes down.

Eh, i'd still rather throw Brohm out there. We've all seen Simms play, nothing special. But he could be serviceable considering all the weapons we have on offense compared to the Buccaneers.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Eh, i'd still rather throw Brohm out there. We've all seen Simms play, nothing special. But he could be serviceable considering all the weapons we have on offense compared to the Buccaneers.

That's what I'm talking about, our weapons will help out Simms if he were here. And maybe starting a rookie qb for u is ok, but I rather have a vet backup Rodgers just in case. And who said Simms was special? I said he might be good in that trade package, if it happen, bcuz he is a solid backup.

newdude
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh snap ppl, is it coming :( :

The agent for Brett Favre says a resolution involving his client and a trade is close.
"It looks like it's going to be New York or Tampa Bay," said agent Bus Cook. "We're waiting to find out and we could learn in the next hour or so." The Jets are reportedly offering the most compensation, while the Bucs are probably Favre's preferred destination. Stay tuned.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=GB

WickedBadMan
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
5$ says TT disregards Favres wishes and sends him to the Jets.

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 02:41 PM

If we can get better compensation I wouldn't blame him.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Yeah I have said since the start of the offseason that we need a vet QB behind Rodgers. So I do agree with most of you of that. As far as do I think we'll get a QB in return? I doubt it, mainly because he was prepared to go into the season with 3 inexperienced guys and I kind of used the RB situation last year as an example of TT's confidence in guys. Also I would like to point out if we get a vet that would mean we would have to cut Flynn to put him on the PS and I think another team would pick him up. He's been doing pretty good in practice.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 08:27 PM

I would almost believe if this was the case Favre would already be gone. I just hope TB puts in a good enough offer because it does sound like the Jets are making a run at him.

sieracki24
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Just get it done! Even for Favre's sake...this just has to end already!

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah I have said since the start of the offseason that we need a vet QB behind Rodgers. So I do agree with most of you of that. As far as do I think we'll get a QB in return? I doubt it, mainly because he was prepared to go into the season with 3 inexperienced guys and I kind of used the RB situation last year as an example of TT's confidence in guys. Also I would like to point out if we get a vet that would mean we would have to cut Flynn to put him on the PS and I think another team would pick him up. He's been doing pretty good in practice.

I guess we will have to see then. But getting a vet won't necessary means we have to cut Flynn, it means more competition. We shouldn't give Flynn a roster spot just like that. And couldn't we keep 4 qbs? and sacrifice a spot (of another position) somewhere else in the final 53.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I guess we will have to see then. But getting a vet won't necessary means we have to cut Flynn, it means more competition. We shouldn't give Flynn a roster spot just like that. And couldn't we keep 4 qbs? and sacrifice a spot (of another position) somewhere else in the final 53.

4 QB's on a roster is a possiblity but it doesn't seem likely. Not many teams go into a season with 4 QB's on their roster. I agree that competition is good and Flynn shouldn't be given a roster spot but trading for a QB is almost saying that he is our the team, especially when it involves a hall of fame QB.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
4 QB's on a roster is a possiblity but it doesn't seem likely. Not many teams go into a season with 4 QB's on their roster. I agree that competition is good and Flynn shouldn't be given a roster spot but trading for a QB is almost saying that he is our the team, especially when it involves a hall of fame QB.

Well, Simms will be a part of a package along with a pick or two, but if he doesn't work out, we can always trade him to a team that's needing a QB.:D
No loss, bcuz TT didn't want Favre anyway, so just get what he can and end this thing.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Can't we put Flynn on the Practice Squad?

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, Simms will be a part of a package along with a pick or two, but if he doesn't work out, we can always trade him to a team that's needing a QB.:D
No loss, bcuz TT didn't want Favre anyway, so just get what he can and end this thing.
I think that is a lot chance. If he doesn't work out trade him to another team. That doesn't seem like TT's style either. It was reported on TB forum that we are asking for Griese, 3rd and another player. So you might not be to far away with that 4 QB's thing.

Can't we put Flynn on the Practice Squad?
We could but I think that another team might pick him up because he's been doing pretty good lately. Especially in practice today I guess MM said he made a big stride.

newdude
08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I think they finalized the condition between the Jets and Bucs, so is it Favre's choice now? hmm.

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I think they finalized the condition between the Jets and Bucs, so is it Favre's choice now? hmm.

If it is Favre's choice now, which I haven't heard the condition is set in stone, but if it is then Favre will go to TB.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
We could but I think that another team might pick him up because he's been doing pretty good lately. Especially in practice today I guess MM said he made a big stride.

Does he have to clear waiver to be put on the Practice Squad? If he does he will never make it there, he will be claimed by someone else for sure.

I don't think we can have 4 QBs. I think we will have Rodgers/veteran QB/Brohm. Maybe Flynn could fake an injury and we can put him on the IR. ;)

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Does he have to clear waiver to be put on the Practice Squad? If he does he will never make it there, he will be claimed by someone else for sure.

I don't think we can have 4 QBs. I think we will have Rodgers/veteran QB/Brohm. Maybe Flynn could fake an injury and we can put him on the IR. ;)

Yeah he has to clear waivers in order to be placed on the practice squad. Any team can sign him even if he is placed on the practice squad.

ryanph30
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Favre to the Jets...this one can be shutdown too.