PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want in the 1st round?

NoChance.
08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Saw this in the Rockets forum,assuming all teams are done for the off-season after Philly gets a deal with Iggy done.Also all teams are healthy going into the playoffs.

Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Washington
Chicago
Milwaukee
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Indiana
Atlanta
Charlotte

I would want Philly or Orlando.

blujaysrock
08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Miami or Orlando or New York

mpickup
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Cleveland

hades
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
The sixers... theres a lot of comparison between the two teams lately on who is a better club.... id like to see the raptors prove them wrong

Marius
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I want a rematch of the magic.

conway429
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
In the first round, I'll take the Knicks or the Bobcats or the Pacers...
It'd be nice to win a round, I'll worry about getting beat down by Howard and the Magic in the 2nd round.

travesy3
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Sixers

The hype, man, I would go to every game, just to hopefully relive some of the joy the previous series. I want that, mostly because of the history that series holds, and I couldn't really appreciate it back then I was so young, I would want to kind of relive it. That is the most memorable thing the Raps have arguably done in the playoffs.

If not, give me the Celtics. Nets(VC) would be nice if they made it.

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Sixers, Magic or even Nets.

AgentViet
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Any team other than the Celtics, Pistons or Cavaliers. I'd also like to stay away from Orlando too because Dwight will probably be even better next year and we all witnessed how he single-handedly crushed us in the playoffs.

zantabak
08-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Round 1 - Nets + Round 2 - Magic

I'd like to see us beat both the Nets and Magic in the same year

RapsFan4Life
08-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Dwight We want a rematch ... with JO .. your done !

star
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
raptor fans are the only type of fans who would WANT to play a team that destroyed us again .... why?

Orlando has not gotten worse - in fact they have gotten better

WE have not gotten BETTER because we lost alot and gained alot .... so we have MORE question marks than we did last year

travesy3
08-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Watch JO and Dwight head to head, JO has always given him problems, even struggling with injuries playing on one leg. I think, again, we can beat any team besides the Celtics/Pistons in a 7 game series, not that we are the favorites, but that we are a team that is capable of beating any of the other playoff teams. And if Bargnani finally becomes a good, consistent NBA player, get out the way!!

rapswin98
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
any crapy team so we can go to the next round easier. an entertaining series would be agianst sixers or magic

Fion
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
i think we should just focus on getting as high a seed as possible.
then we will be facing a team thats likely worse than us.

AK-50
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Miami or Orlando or New York

lol New York in the playoffs :laugh:

deaner
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
If we are dreaming here... I'd take the 7th seed... whomever it is. That's the best chance at meeting Boston in the Conference finals.

argo
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM
uhhhh seeing as we're still in august, i'm gonna say indiana

heyman321
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Screw Philly or Orlando, I want Raptors to acutally get past the first round so I am hoping for the Knicks or Bobcats. :)

Jay22Redd
08-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Id like to see Toronto play either Philly or Chicago in the first round

Tom Stone
08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I would like to get revenge on magic......but I still don't like Vince...so nets would be cool....but i think it'll be tough for them to get in......I do like brook lopez and shawn willams, josh bones alright and devin harris and YI....there team is really young....so there season is based on how well the youth matures.....I also wouldn't mind playing cleavend I think there team is over rated.

Raptors27
08-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I think the us agasint the 76ers would be a fun series to watch and could go 7. But i would want to play the weakest team in the first round lol

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I would love to see a re-match with Vince Carter and the Nets, and would love to see the Magic in the second round.

P.S. is any season ticket holders selling their October 31st tickets? Let me know.

AK-50
08-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Screw Philly or Orlando, I want Raptors to acutally get past the first round so I am hoping for the Knicks or Bobcats. :)

Bobcats are getting better i dont think we should take any team in the playoffs likely they made it for a reason and will fight just as hard to advance as we will

RAPS424
08-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Nets.... I Hope The Nets Somehow Find A Way In.. And We Face Them First Round.. Send Vc Packing!!! 4 Game Sweep!!!!...sweet!!!!

huidogg
08-12-2008, 04:17 AM
raptor fans are the only type of fans who would WANT to play a team that destroyed us again .... why?

Orlando has not gotten worse - in fact they have gotten better

WE have not gotten BETTER because we lost alot and gained alot .... so we have MORE question marks than we did last year

Agree completely, i honestly don't know what the hell they are thinking by wanting a team that destroyed us??? the magic simply punished and destroyed us last year, and now the fans are saying we can dominated them or beaten them easily.. hey, be realistic, we added a frequent injured star in JO, but lost a starting pg in TJ, solid six man in delfino, and a vert center in Rasho. Yah, i forgot we got adams, solomon, jawaii (who are those guys???????) and yah ukic (hav he play in one nba match before??). So in my opinion, i think the raptors in fact got worst this year, and magic got better with pietrus, so i doubt raptors will dominated them, infact if we face the magic again, history might repeat itself........................................

deaner
08-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Agree completely, i honestly don't know what the hell they are thinking by wanting a team that destroyed us??? the magic simply punished and destroyed us last year, and now the fans are saying we can dominated them or beaten them easily.. hey, be realistic, we added a frequent injured star in JO, but lost a starting pg in TJ, solid six man in delfino, and a vert center in Rasho. Yah, i forgot we got adams, solomon, jawaii (who are those guys???????) and yah ukic (hav he play in one nba match before??). So in my opinion, i think the raptors in fact got worst this year, and magic got better with pietrus, so i doubt raptors will dominated them, infact if we face the magic again, history might repeat itself........................................

I'm trying to appreciate your opinion... but please... do some research. When you say you think the raps can't compete because you don't know the new players... you make it tough. How can I agree with ignorance? We all have time to research before we write here.

JO can play on a bum knee, TJ with one wrong drive to the net could be in a wheelchair. JO hired 3 of the best doctors in the USA for his knee and all reports are very positive. With TJ it's a prayer it doesn't happen again. Stingers will most likely always plague him. Health aside, JO has said he will do anything to create a winning environment, and his defensive presence will effect everyone on the team... I can really see him being the leader on the defensive side... calling people out when needed. Rasho, TJ, and Maceo combined don't even come close to what JO can contribute on the floor.... let alone in the locker room. He is: an All Star, Winner, and is extremely hungry.

I am fairly happy with how the roster filled out. We had a very limited budget. What I would love to see from the MLSE ownership group would be a challenge to the team during training camp that they will spend tax dollars if the team can have a winning percentage of .640 or so. Make every game count... petal to the metal.

A quick little note. If you think the team hasn't improved a lot in the last few years.. I'm watching a tape right now at work of Raps/Pistons where we have TJ, Dixon, Parker, Bosh and Hump trying to compete.

koreancabbage
08-13-2008, 12:05 AM
if we are to be the class of the east... it doesn't matter what team we have to face... like seriously. If we want championship aspirations, we can face anyone. this championship aspiration better be within the next 3 years!!

koreancabbage
08-13-2008, 12:20 AM

you know, as a team, we are known to be one of the best shooting teams in the league (7th overall @ 0.468), free-throw percentage (2nd overall @ 0.812), and 3-point percentage (2nd overall @ 0.392, with Calderon, Parker, and Kapono in the top 10 i believe) Now, you factor the fact that Rasho is not as efficient and intimidating on the boards as like Oneal and the fact we didn't get rid of any of our 3-point shooters, Its a plus.

As much as i loved TJ on our team, he basically was forcing the issue near the end of his tenure with the Raptors and causing great issue with being a starting PG on the raps and yadayadayada. Calderon stats were overwhelming better as well while SPLITTING time with Ford. Its a plus.

Magic can't really guard our bigs and we slow the game WAY down with half the half court game. we can mildly gaurd their wings at best but overall, we still have the better team this coming year.

btw, Peitrus hasn't done anything to warrant making their team any better. he prob won't even get to play let alone MAX 5-10 minutes per game

jdot22
08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Hmm ... I think the most entertaining ... would be ... Orlando ... round 1 ... rematch from last year ... JO being Superman's Kryptonite... Philly round 2... rematch of the series of he who shall not be named went to grad and missed the last second shot ... (both teams being retooled this offseason) ... Detroit ... round 3 ... rematch of the series where Chris Childs didnt know what the score was in crunch time.... I see Detroit making a big trade at the deadline in Jan ....

Im not saying the Raps can actually win any of these series ... but it would sure be FUN to watch if they did ... :D

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
well were still not as good as boston & detroit. us & orlando are pretty close but magic get the edge. us i c in the 4th spot, edging 4 home-court. so we would vs the 5th spot. sp these r the most likely teams were going do b vsing. either 76ers, or cavs. i think we could take both of them. but cavs i would say would b easier. Lebron & Mo isnt as good as CB4, JO and Calderon.

_Sn1P3r_
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Yea ^^^

Let's just hope this time Bosh's girlfriend wont piss off Bron and make him light up.

jdot22
08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Yea ^^^

Let's just hope this time Bosh's girlfriend wont piss off Bron and make him light up.

Ya man ... tell her to put a lid on it ... hahaha ...

He just killed it that night ... well ... half of it ... :S

Goon.Weezy
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
the sixers......so we can prove to everyone that we are better than the sixers.....and also to shut them up

jasondrobinson
08-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Indiana...TJ vs Jose for 7 games, itd be brilliant