PDA

View Full Version : if there was an nba draft now who do you think would be the top 30 picks

mitch91
08-05-2008, 02:02 PM
i have always wondered what people think teams would do and who they would pick if for some strange reason the nba went for a totall shake up and had an enitre draft

teams have just been picked at random...

suns
bobcats
lakers
spurs
pistons
hawks
kings
wolves
raps
celtics
pacers
clipps
warriors
memphis
hornets
seatle (or is it oklehoma???)
wizz
utah
rockets
bulls
mavs
cavs
nuggets
blazers
bucks
76ers
knicks
heat
magic
nets

so theres my random draft order...so let me no who you guys think each team would pick

POZUNO
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow that's a tuffy. Give me a couple of hours to think about it. There has to be some kinda organization to this. Who gets what pick??

phlp_bj
08-05-2008, 02:35 PM
i say lakers, bulls, knicks, or sixers. stern will find a way to rig the draft and give the best pick to the bigger market teams.

(patrick ewing)

fairandbalanced
08-05-2008, 02:42 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

mitch91
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow that's a tuffy. Give me a couple of hours to think about it. There has to be some kinda organization to this. Who gets what pick??

there is organization 2 it my friend.
i have already put it in order of who gets what pick. i just picked random teams

so let me no who your picks would be

mitch91
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

thats some bold choices there. i see your going for the youth over experience there. so i guess you are going for a good young solid team who may b able to contest the championship for years to come instead of a core group of vets who may have a slighty better chance though they wont be aourn for quite so long

thanks for your feed-back

POZUNO
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
My bad, let me think about it again

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
top 5
1. Lebron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwight Howard
5. Dwyane Wade

thats all i have time for :D

POZUNO
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
top 5
1. Lebron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwight Howard
5. Dwyane Wade

thats all i have time for :D

That looks about right to me. Actually I would maybe put Kobe in 5th just cause he's older.

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

Whoa. Slow down there. I'm not going to bash you. But I suggest you reconsider. You are putting guys who haven't played a minute ahead of some stars and superstars.

fairandbalanced
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Whoa. Slow down there. I'm not going to bash you. But I suggest you reconsider. You are putting guys who haven't played a minute ahead of some stars and superstars.

I based my draft on age/potential. Has nothing to do with who plays better now!

Kyle N.
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Exactly, and how did Andrew Bogut get so high up there?

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I based my draft on age/potential. Has nothing to do with who plays better now!

Well. You had Greg Oden and Micheal Beasley in the top 10. They will probably get there, but the question asks NOW. If there was an NBA draft NOW who do you think would be the top 30 picks? And Andrew Bogut doesn't even have the potential IMO. All I'm saying you left out a lot of stars. These are the ones I can think off right now. In no order, Arenas, Pierce, Jose, Tracy, AI, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobily, Al Jefferson, Baron Davis.

pebloemer
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Well. You had Greg Oden and Micheal Beasley in the top 10. They will probably get there, but the question asks NOW. If there was an NBA draft NOW who do you think would be the top 30 picks? And Andrew Bogut doesn't even have the potential IMO. All I'm saying you left out a lot of stars. These are the ones I can think off right now. In no order, Arenas, Pierce, Jose, Tracy, AI, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobily, Al Jefferson, Baron Davis.

The question asks who you would pick NOW but based on what? A one year season? If I am a GM drafting a team now, I will try and get a franchise that will be highlighted by a young star who will help my franchise be competitive for a long time rather than a star who is close to retiring.

The term NOW in the sense you are using it only refers to the pool of players to choose from and the age, potential, experience, skill level etc of players currently. It does not mean only the skill level matters. At least not in the way you termed it.

If your question is who would be your top 30 draft picks if there is a draft now for the purpose of competing for one year then the rankings would likely differ for "fairandbalanced" but rating on potential, skill set and a number of other factors, the list makes some sense.

I personally think the rookies listed are overrated there but it is his list. For example I would take a definately dominant, all star, top 3 PG in Deron Williams over a potentially dominant, all star, top 2 PG in Derrick Rose.

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Listen I don't mind that he has rookies there, it's just that they are way to high. Plus guys like Andrew Bogut, who some people are calling a bust. And if you want someone who is young and has a lot of potential how about Al Jefferson. A guy who already has proven himself, and has a lot of potential.

JordansBulls
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
i have always wondered what people think teams would do and who they would pick if for some strange reason the nba went for a totall shake up and had an enitre draft

teams have just been picked at random...

suns
bobcats
lakers
spurs
pistons
hawks
kings
wolves
raps
celtics
pacers
clipps
warriors
memphis
hornets
seatle (or is it oklehoma???)
wizz
utah
rockets
bulls
mavs
cavs
nuggets
blazers
bucks
76ers
knicks
heat
magic
nets

so theres my random draft order...so let me no who you guys think each team would pick

Are we considering that none of these teams have any players yet? Or are we analyzing them based on what they already have?

conway429
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah I don't see any way you can put Andrew Bogut ahead of guys like Arenas or McGrady, despite their age.
And randomly sorting the teams into a draft order is irrelevant... this is basically asking, "Rank the top 30 players in the league to build a team around at this point."

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 05:22 PM
suns-Lebron
bobcats-Kobe
lakers-Yao
spurs-Dwight Howard
pistons-cp3
hawks--Duncan
kings-K.G
wolves-Amare
raps-Wade
celtics-Paul Pierce
pacers-Steve Nash
clipps-Melo
warriors--Dirk
memphis-Deron Williams
hornets-T-MAC
seatle (or is it oklehoma???)-G.Arenas
wizz-C.Bosh
utah-Jason Kidd
rockets-Ray Allen
bulls-Elton Brand
mavs-Manu
cavs-Al Jefferson
nuggets-t. parker
blazers-Shaq
bucks-B.Davis
76ers-Oden
knicks-Boozer
heat-Rip Hamilton
magic-Joe Johnson
nets-R.Artest

jasondrobinson
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
1- Lebron
2- Chris Paul
3- Dwight Howard
4- Kobe
5- Dwayne Wade
6- Yao
7- Carmello
8- Deron Williams
9- Dirk Nowitzki
10- Kevin Garnett
11- Steve Nash
12- Chris Bosh
13- Paul Pierce
14- Baron Davis
15- Amare
16- David West
17- Gilbert Arenas
18- Al Jefferson
19- Allen Iverson
20- Tony Parker
21- Michael Redd
22- Kevin Durant
23- Brandon Roy
24- Tracy McGrady
25- Caron Butler
26- Monta Ellis
27- Chauncey Billups
28- Carlos Boozer
29- Josh Smith
30- Pau Gasol

midwestmadman
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I for one respect it fairandbalance what is the point of answering a question like this if you aren't going to shake things up a bit! Way to be bold man!

midwestmadman
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
If I was a Boston fan could I take Paul Pierce 30 times?

dylan
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
1 Lebron James
2 Dwight Howard
3 Kobe Bryant
4 Chris Paul
5 Deron Williams
6 Kevin Garnett
7 Paul Pierce
8 Dwyane Wade
9 Yao Ming
10 Kevin Durant
11 Al Jefferson
12 Chris Bosh
13 Carmel Anthony
14 Tim Duncan
15 Brandon Roy
16 Tracy Mcgrady
17 Baron Davis
18 Gilbert Arenas
19 Greg Oden
20 Amarie Stoudiemire
21 Tony Parker
22 Dirk Novitzki
23 Chauncey Billups
24 Derrick Rose
25 Rudy Gay
26 Rajon Rondo
27 Kevin Martin
28 Manu Ginobilli
29 Rashard Lewis
30 Carlos Boozer

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Chris Paul
4) Kobe Bryant (Aging, but he's TOO damn good)
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Bosh
7) Amare Stoudemire
8) Brandon Roy
9) Al Jefferson
10) Joe Johnson
11) Tim Duncan
12) Paul Pierce
13) Kevin Garnett
14) Dirk Nowitzki
15) Yao Ming (down on this list cus of injureis)
16) Deron Williams
17) Carlos Boozer
18) Gilbert Arenas
19) Tracy McGrady (down on this list cus of injuries)
20) Elton Brand
21) Baron Davis
22) Carmelo Anthony
23) Caron Butler
24) Jason Richardson
25) Andre Iguodala
26) Kevin Durant
27) Tony Parker
28) Josh Smith
29) David West
30) Allen Iverson (Age a factor)

Just missed: Steve Nash too old, Michael Redd too one dimensional/not a great leader, Monta Ellis hasnt proven leadership qualities yet/product of GS system, Chauncey is too old,

and pau gasol is mad overrated on the other lists, i wouldnt pick him in my top 50 to be honest.

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
1.LeBron James
2.Chris Paul
3.Kobe Bryant
4.Dwight Howard
5.Deron Williams
6.Dwayne Wade
7.Amare Stoudimire
8.Kevin Garnett
9.Carmelo Anthony
10.Baron Davis
11.Yao Ming
12.Al Jefferson
13.Carlos Boozer
14.Chris Bosh
15.Dirk Nowitzki
16.Elton Brand
17.Gilbert Arenas
18.Tim Duncan (only because of his age)
19.Andre Iguodala
20.Andrew Bynum

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
1) Lebron James
2) Dwight Howard
3) Chris Paul
4) Kobe Bryant (Aging, but he's TOO damn good)
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Bosh
7) Amare Stoudemire
8) Brandon Roy
9) Al Jefferson
10) Joe Johnson
11) Tim Duncan
12) Paul Pierce
13) Kevin Garnett
14) Dirk Nowitzki
15) Yao Ming (down on this list cus of injureis)
16) Deron Williams
17) Carlos Boozer
18) Gilbert Arenas
19) Tracy McGrady (down on this list cus of injuries)
20) Elton Brand
21) Baron Davis
22) Carmelo Anthony
23) Caron Butler
24) Jason Richardson
25) Andre Iguodala
26) Kevin Durant
27) Tony Parker
28) Josh Smith
29) David West
30) Allen Iverson (Age a factor)

Just missed: Steve Nash too old, Michael Redd too one dimensional/not a great leader, Monta Ellis hasnt proven leadership qualities yet/product of GS system, Chauncey is too old,

and pau gasol is mad overrated on the other lists, i wouldnt pick him in my top 50 to be honest.

PLEASE name 50 players ANYONE would rather have then Gasol. :laugh2:

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
PLEASE name 50 players ANYONE would rather have then Gasol. :laugh2:

lol maybe i got a little ahead of myself.

BUT...

Pau Gasol is soft as hell. I havent seen EVERY game he's played in, but judging from all the laker games ive seen in TNT and the Finals games, he gets PUSHED AROUND. He cant hit his freethrows, he gets out hustled and our rebounded. He has no post moves, he has a decent shot and can lay the ball in well around the hoop. BUt he is also very inconsistent.

So yeah i guess I will go ahead and name 20 more other players id rather have instead of Gasol RIGHT NOW

Gerald Wallace
Antawn Jamison
Steven Jackson
****ing Al Harrington, yes i said it
Monta Ellis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Rasheed Wallace
Jason Maxiell
Jermaine Oneal
Shaquille Oneal
Andre Miller
Jose Calderon
Shawn Marion
Michael Beasley
Greg Oden
Michael Redd
Lemarcus Aldridge
Emeka Okafor
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby
Ray Allen
Vince Carter

so there you go!

20 MORE players that I would easily take over the soft puss of a player Pau Gasol

mitch91
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
cheers 4 the feedback guys
the reason i put this up is to see how some people would go the top5 seems set in stones james wade cp3 kobe and howard but i just wanted to see if people would go bold and pick people such a durant over say an ageing yet still effective duncan

and im not sure who it was but YES WE ARE CONSIDERING THAT ALL THE TEAMS HAVE NO PLAYERS and also THIS IS NOT JUST FOR 1 SEASON ITS STARTING FOR SCRATCH!

so do u go for vets and try and win now?
or the young guns and try and establish yourselfs and in a few years win the title?

keep it coming

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
lol maybe i got a little ahead of myself.

BUT...

Pau Gasol is soft as hell. I havent seen EVERY game he's played in, but judging from all the laker games ive seen in TNT and the Finals games, he gets PUSHED AROUND. He cant hit his freethrows, he gets out hustled and our rebounded. He has no post moves, he has a decent shot and can lay the ball in well around the hoop. BUt he is also very inconsistent.

So yeah i guess I will go ahead and name 20 more other players id rather have instead of Gasol RIGHT NOW

Gerald Wallace
Antawn Jamison
Steven Jackson
****ing Al Harrington, yes i said it
Monta Ellis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Rasheed Wallace
Jason Maxiell
Jermaine Oneal
Shaquille Oneal
Andre Miller
Jose Calderon
Shawn Marion
Michael Beasley
Greg Oden
Michael Redd
Lemarcus Aldridge
Emeka Okafor
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby
Ray Allen
Vince Carter

so there you go!

20 MORE players that I would easily take over the soft puss of a player Pau Gasol

:laugh2: :laugh2:

That is a very funny post, I must say. The entire thing is just hilarious.

Those players I highlighted in bold aren't even CLOSE to as good or valuable that Gasol is to his team...you gotta be kidding me. Gasol is a legit big man, he doesn't have many weaknesses, although some like to claim that he is soft, but IMO it is his weight that holds him back, he is more of a Chris Bosh type player, except a few years older and more experienced. But no, Gasol is not "soft" he hustles up and down the court, and goes hard on every play.

mitch91
08-05-2008, 06:14 PM
cheers 4 the feedback guys
the reason i put this up is to see how some people would go the top5 seems set in stones james wade cp3 kobe and howard but i just wanted to see if people would go bold and pick people such a durant over say an ageing yet still effective duncan

and im not sure who it was but YES WE ARE CONSIDERING THAT ALL THE TEAMS HAVE NO PLAYERS and also THIS IS NOT JUST FOR 1 SEASON ITS STARTING FROM SCRATCH!

so do u go for vets and try and win now?
or the young guns and try and establish yourselfs and in a few years go and win the title?

keep it coming

sorry just had to change a few things there

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Those players I highlighted in bold aren't even CLOSE to as good or valuable that Gasol is to his team...you gotta be kidding me. Gasol is a legit big man, he doesn't have many weaknesses, although some like to claim that he is soft, but IMO it is his weight that holds him back, he is more of a Chris Bosh type player, except a few years older and more experienced. But no, Gasol is not "soft" he hustles up and down the court, and goes hard on every play.

i agreed with this post until the bold part. did u watch the finals. have u watched gasol in L.A or Memphis? he is not soft? He is 7 footer and doesnt have to jump to dunk and doesnt want to bang. Doesnt want to get dirty and physical. how can u say Gasol is not soft. him and Dirk are both soft. about as soft as it gets

still1ballin
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM

I believe Andrew Bynum played a half of a season.:D

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM

well im gonna have to disagree again, cus in MY OPINION he is very soft, hey just look at dirtydirks sig.

And i would still honestly take all those players u bolded on my team instead of Pau. I used to think Pau was a great player until i actually saw him play. If someone showed me some random game footage of the guy without knowing who he was, i would think he is a medicore big man at best. Nothing about him impresses me.

He cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as Bosh. Bosh can create for himself, while Pau struggles to get shots off and is just embarrased when more physical bigs push him around.

He's a finesse big, but his finesse moves arent that good... at all, do u see what im getting at?

hes overrated , im sorry, but he is. he doesnt suck by any means, hes an above average player. but he just isnt a player id build a team around (for further reference look how well he did as a leader in Memphis)

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
i agreed with this post until the bold part. did u watch the finals. have u watched gasol in L.A or Memphis? he is not soft? He is 7 footer and doesnt have to jump to dunk and doesnt want to bang. Doesnt want to get dirty and physical. how can u say Gasol is not soft. him and Dirk are both soft. about as soft as it gets

Yes, I watch almost every single game, and no, I do not think he is soft. I think he lacks rebounding skills, also gets pushed around a lot, but is not soft, like I said, his weight is what some times holds him back, he still hustles, and goes all out on every play. There were even a few times where Garnett couldn't guard him in the finals, but that only happened a few times. :D

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I believe Andrew Bynum played a half of a season.:D

No I wasn't talking about Bynum. Bynum deserves to be on that list just not that high. I was talking about the rookies he has on there, especially Oden and Beasley in the top 10.

mitch91
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
back to the point guys.......lol

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
well im gonna have to disagree again, cus in MY OPINION he is very soft, hey just look at dirtydirks sig.

And i would still honestly take all those players u bolded on my team instead of Pau. I used to think Pau was a great player until i actually saw him play. If someone showed me some random game footage of the guy without knowing who he was, i would think he is a medicore big man at best. Nothing about him impresses me.

He cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as Bosh. Bosh can create for himself, while Pau struggles to get shots off and is just embarrased when more physical bigs push him around.

He's a finesse big, but his finesse moves arent that good... at all, do u see what im getting at?

hes overrated , im sorry, but he is. he doesnt suck by any means, hes an above average player. but he just isnt a player id build a team around (for further reference look how well he did as a leader in Memphis)

The only reason I'm not going to back fire is because you mentioned several times that it is in your own opinion, and I respect that, although I disagree with just about the entire post.

... Oh and as for Memphis, you can't blame that on him, not at all. He led that team to the playoffs 3 straight seasons (2003-2005) since then the team decided to rebuild, and it's not his fault, he was basically the only above-average player on his team, come on.

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Bosh is much better than Pau. Pau gets a lot of points off put backs and grabge buckets. Hes a solid NBA player and will be for a long time. But hes def soft. Forget my sig because thats just one pic of him in a bad situation. ive seen enough of Pau to claim hes soft. i want my big men playing like perk, powe, garnett. WITH FORCE!!!!

futureman
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

To rate derrick rose over deron williams is just stupid.

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Beyond stupid.

Thatruth32
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

wow.... :whistle:

MilwaukeeBAller
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Suns- LeBron James
Bobcats- Kobe Bryant
Lakers- Dwight Howard
Spurs- Dwayne Wade
Pistons- Chris Paul
Hawks- Yao Ming
Kings- Kevin Durant
Wolves- Kevin Garnett
Raptors- Amare Stoudamire
Celtics- Tim Duncan
Pacers- Chris Bosh
Clippers- Allen Iverson
Warriors- Michael Beasley
Grizzlies- Paul Pierce
Hornets- Greg Oden
Thunder- Carmelo Anthony
Wizards- Carlos Boozer
Jazz- Tracy McGrady
Rockets- Andre Iguodala
Bulls- Deron Williams
Mavs- Gilbert Arenas
Cavs- Dirk Nowitski
Nuggets- Vince Carter
Blazers- Kevin Martin
Bucks- Steve Nash
76ers- Elton Brand
Knicks- Renaldo Balkman (if Isiah was picking)
Heat- David West
Magic- Derrick Rose
Nets- Michael Redd

I'm sure I forgot about some guys, but that's the best I could do for now.

mitch91
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
i agree that d-will would b a better pick the rose....but alot of yous are giving oppions on other peoples choices. at least those people are bold enough to put thier choices out there. im not a big fan of people who critisize but dont give there oppions. maybe there scared they will get critisized to?? i dont no

MilwaukeeBAller
08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
wow, mines probably pretty bad. I probably have Iguodala going too high.

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
i gave my picks....so imma criticize all i want....Rose over Deron is ********. Rose could be the biggest bust of all time.. i dont think that will happen but he hasnt played a minute in the NBA and your already ranking him above D.Williams???

ARMIN12NBA
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Bosh is much better than Pau. Pau gets a lot of points off put backs and grabge buckets. Hes a solid NBA player and will be for a long time. But hes def soft. Forget my sig because thats just one pic of him in a bad situation. ive seen enough of Pau to claim hes soft. i want my big men playing like perk, powe, garnett. WITH FORCE!!!!

Pau is not strong by any means. But he is not soft by any means either. He held Garnett to the lowest FG% he had ever shot in a playoff series. That means something.

Also, Gasol actually has amazing post moves. He uses his left hand with ease and is able to use post moves to get his big men off balance and create a hook shot. He also has amazing footwork. The guy has the top 2 post moves in the league (behind Yao Ming...don't say Dwight Howard because Howard has terrible post moves; Howard is the prime example of a garbage bucket man).

The problem I have with Pau is he is just an average rebounder. Plain and simple. He doesn't have the strength to muscle it out under the basket. He isn't soft, but his size hinders him. He tries and goes hard every play, but he doesn't have the body of a Howard or a Garnett, which makes him an average rebounder.

He has a very good midrange jumpshot, great post moves, and great passing. His problems lie on the other end where he is a decent defender and average rebounder.

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
wow, mines probably pretty bad. I probably have Iguodala going too high.

not to bad imo. Iggy would be lower and dirk would be higher... thats it

SportsFan1988
08-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Pau is not strong by any means. But he is not soft by any means either. He held Garnett to the lowest FG% he had ever shot in a playoff series. That means something.

Also, Gasol actually has amazing post moves. He uses his left hand with ease and is able to use post moves to get his big men off balance and create a hook shot. He also has amazing footwork. The guy has the top 2 post moves in the league (behind Yao Ming...don't say Dwight Howard because Howard has terrible post moves; Howard is the prime example of a garbage bucket man).

The problem I have with Pau is he is just an average rebounder. Plain and simple. He doesn't have the strength to muscle it out under the basket. He isn't soft, but his size hinders him. He tries and goes hard every play, but he doesn't have the body of a Howard or a Garnett, which makes him an average rebounder.

He has a very good midrange jumpshot, great post moves, and great passing. His problems lie on the other end where he is a decent defender and average rebounder.

Excellent post. Right on the mark. I tip my hat off to you. :D

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
if wade was younger same age as bosh and lebron (23)
hes 26 but if he was 23 would he go top 3?

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM

it does mean something. KG Shot waaaaaaaay to many outside jumpers. Once he put his back to the basket i didnt even kno pau was still playing.

His post moves are mediocre. top 2 in the nba is being overly generous on your part.

Rebounding your right on. he should be pulling down more boards. PAU GASOL is Simply a softy.

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM

i dunno.

I put Wade at #5 on my list because of last year. He had a great statistical season, but the team was a mess, and i wanna make sure he can get back to how great he was 2 years ago with the championship heat team.

wade is a top 5 player in my eyes, and could be at lebron's level if he gets back on his game

mitch91
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
i think wade is def top5. he has just been hurt the past 2 seasons really. and i remember back when the heat won that championship alot of people ranked him higher than lebron. the wolrd of basketball changes as much as diddy changes names

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
i dunno.

I put Wade at #5 on my list because of last year. He had a great statistical season, but the team was a mess, and i wanna make sure he can get back to how great he was 2 years ago with the championship heat team.

wade is a top 5 player in my eyes, and could be at lebron's level if he gets back on his game
you seen the exhibition games :)
his close or as same as he was in those finals you seen how good he is :D

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
i think wade is def top5. he has just been hurt the past 2 seasons really. and i remember back when the heat won that championship alot of people ranked him higher than lebron. the wolrd of basketball changes as much as diddy changes names

yea he was actually being compared to kobe, they were saying he was at the same level as kobe, and could arguably be the best SG, but then he got injured and alot of haters and doubters underrated wade:pity:

mitch91
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
i still think he is one of the best. he is the reason i got into nba...until i saw nash play the point and became a sun but d-wade is still wifout a doubt one of the best IMO. but people have to admit basketball oppions change each year. nobody used to mention peirce but i remember him getin like 25 5 4 or something like that but nobody cared. but i guess people just follow the winners

mitch91
08-05-2008, 07:34 PM
cheers for all the feedback. whats the verdict on my first ever thread?

mitch91
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
alota people hate on t-mac!!!

Hawkeye15
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM

not with his injury history. After the Heat championship, he would have arguably been #1. But people have fallen out of love with him in the last 2 years, which is well deserved. He can prove to everyone that he is still a top force this year by staying healthy

Hawkeye15
08-05-2008, 08:19 PM

or Mayo over about 30 other players. He hasn't even played a game yet. At least with Bealey, Rose, and Oden, you have defined position players who you know will be good. Mayo has to prove he is more than Ben Gordon in my opinion before he joins company with any of these players.

bostncelts34
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

no pierce...?

LakerzDQ
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

where's Rudy Gay? Kevin Martin? and why is Bogut there?

1. Lebron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Yao Ming
6. Dwight Howard
7. Amare Stoudemire
8. Deron Williams
9. Chris Bosh
10. Rudy Gay/Carmelo/Greg Oden. (depends on what team.)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Yao Ming
4. Kobe Bryant
5. chris paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Greg Oden
8. Micheal beasly
9. Kevin Durant
10. Kevin Garnett
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Chris Bosh
13. Dirk Nowitski
14. Carmelo Anthony
15. Tim Duncan
16. Derrick Rose
17. Deron Williams
18. Al Jeferson
19. Andrew Bynum
20. Andrew Bogut
21. Pau Gasol
22. Andre Iguodola
23. Josh smith
24. Luol Deng
25. Brandon Roy
26. Monta Elis
27. Carlos Boozer
28. Emeka Okafor
29. Elton Brand
30. O J Mayo

How tha hell is Derick Rose over DWill?:crazy:
Oden a top 10 pick?

And thats only a couple of the players i disagree with.

argo
08-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Top five- taking into consideration age:

lebron
kobe
dwight
chris
amare