PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Organization, Love the team

lavell12
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm tired and finished with the front office and the Packers organization, but I'm still cheering for the team. The players and fans only though. MM and TT are clueless and useless. So go Driver, Rodgers (not his fault), Grant, Hawk, and others. But booo TT and MM.

iam brett favre
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Im for the team, not for management.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Im for the team, not for management.

yes, and I don't want anyone praising ownership, TT, and MM if we win this year.

junior_trane
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
You guys make no sense. The management and coaches are the reason we

a) have the players you guys want to succeed (Rodgers, Hawk, Jennings via draft, Grant, Woodsen via trade)
b) put them in the position to do well (game planning, schemes)

Management and coaches make unpopular decisions, but they are part of the Green Bay Packers team whether you like it or not. Winning reflects the management and coaching as much as it does the players.

hawkeye
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Everyone on this site supports the team. The only arguments are with those that support management. Hell, I don't blame McCarthy for any of this. He was/is Ted's ***** from day one. This is all on Ted Thompson and Ted Thompson alone.

nosferatu
08-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I have to agree that Ted has done his share to screw up this situation, but I also believe Favre could have handled the situation better as well. As a fan it pains me to see this bulls**t everyday. The only question I have now given his age and the violent nature of the game how many more hits can Brett take. I say this knowing full well that for 16 yrs he has continued to get up and keep playing but at this age for an NFL QB we are in uncharted territory. Also in both the last 2 seasons Brett has been forced out of games after taking a number of hits (New England, Dallas) not that Rodgers has done anything to ensure us he will be able to line up every week at this point. I know Favre is the better QB but the age thing scares me and he looked really old in chicago and against the giants.

Ryan Diesel
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
They're tellin Favre one thing and telling us another. So it's kinda hard to say Favre could have handled this situation better, if he sat back and remained quiet the Packers would have done nothing. He needs to be in camp, no matter where he plays. If he wanted to play this year, he was going to have to raise some hell because Thompson is trying to blackball him from the NFL.

BrewCityBuck
08-05-2008, 02:12 PM
What a bunch of winers on this board. Good lord. It's like listening to a bunch of hippies scream at a anti- George Bush rally.

junior_trane
08-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Brew City, that is what this entire forum is about apparently. There seems to be no room for substantiated arguments. Its either hate management/love Favre, or you are wrong.

And how exactly is trying to trade a player to another team considered blackballing? Favre was unwilling to agree to a trade if it was not to the Vikings. Well, now he has no choice, he gets to go where they want him to go.

lavell12
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
What a bunch of winers on this board. Good lord. It's like listening to a bunch of hippies scream at a anti- George Bush rally.

except I'm a Republican and Go W!!!!
so is Favre!!

hawkeye
08-05-2008, 02:25 PM

I'm a Republican too. Liberal thought here is going with Obama "Change" at the QB position

lavell12
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm a Republican too. Liberal thought here is going with Obama "Change" at the QB position

yes going with the inexperience guy who has done little to prove anything. I'd rather have Rodgers as President than Obama however. Nevermind Rodgers went to Cal so he is probably a communist anyway.

SDteacher
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I will always love the Packers. And I don't mind TT. I will however have an issue with him if Favre does in fact go to the Vikings.

bucksbeat
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Don't think people's dislike for Ted Thompson has solely been dependent on the Favre situation...

I think some has to do with other roster moves under his leadership like cutting Darren Sharper, letting Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle walk, the Javon Walker trade, etc.

Not to mention he's the goof that gave us Ahman Green for Fred Vinson.

People give him props for trading for Ryan Grant, that his GM genius saw a gem... Ummm. Ryan Grant wasn't even his first choice in a trade with the Giants, the Giants said "no" to trading Derrick Ward. I guess you get props for choice #2.

newdude
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM

Brew City, that is what this entire forum is about apparently. There seems to be no room for substantiated arguments. Its either hate management/love Favre, or you are wrong.

And how exactly is trying to trade a player to another team considered blackballing? Favre was unwilling to agree to a trade if it was not to the Vikings. Well, now he has no choice, he gets to go where they want him to go.

There u two go. U r in the opposite end in the arguments and just cuz we don't agree with u guys, u call us whiners and such. Lol, someones throwing a fit. And how the hell r we suppose to respond to arguments and not say ur wrong? What do u want, we have to agree with u?LawLz.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:10 PM
If this team does win it is because TT turned it around and made it all around one of the best in the league.

I don't know why MM is getting hated on, IMO he didn't do anything here to warrant any hate.

Chisox fan
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
The Republicans here must be ecstatic with the Packers hiring Ari Fleischer as a consultant. It makes perfect sense to hire a professional liar when ones priority is public relations above playing the qb who gives you the best chance of winning. I'm waiting for an explanation how Favre isn't good enough to start for the Packers, but is too good to let play for a division rival. If TT had the guts to back up his convictions, he lets Favre go to Minnesota and beats him on opening day. TT is a weasel.

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
The Republicans here must be ecstatic with the Packers hiring Ari Fleischer as a consultant. It makes perfect sense to hire a professional liar when ones priority is public relations above playing the qb who gives you the best chance of winning. I'm waiting for an explanation how Favre isn't good enough to start for the Packers, but is too good to let play for a division rival. If TT had the guts to back up his convictions, he lets Favre go to Minnesota and beats him on opening day. TT is a weasel.

We all know, including them Arod isn't going to be the better QB now. We are the youngest team in the NFL and looking to build a dynasty and win in the future. We have moved on to Rodgers and are not going to stab him in the back and bench him. Why would we let him go to Minnesota, that is just stupid. Our biggest/best rival and in our own division.

crizgolfer
08-05-2008, 09:42 PM
None of us know what was said behind closed doors. So everything said in these threads is pure speculation.

McCarthy and Thompson have shown far more class in this whole debacle than Favre has shown. When things got tough the Packers said little publicly. Only complimentary things were said about Brett.

Brett, on the other hand, started stomping his feet like a child everytime he was not getting is way. The most glaring thing said in all of this was when Favre threw Campen under the bus. The things that Favre attributed to Campen could be seen by his bosses as detrimental to the organization. In most businesses that would get a guy fired. Favre showed no regard for his friend when he made these things public. That is the one thing that sticks in my mind more than anything.

He also whined that Thompson wouldn't sign Moss, sign Wahle, sign Rivera, or talk to Mariucci about the coaching vacancy. A few months ago he publicly stated that none of these things had anything to do with his retirement. Now, when it is opportunistic for him he makes them issues. Which one is it Brett?

The most alarming thing to me is how Favre has put out the appearance of no class or regard for anyone, but Brett Favre. It makes me a little sad. He is still one of the greatest Packers of all time, but now, I am not sure that I like him much...as a person.

Perhaps this question should be asked of him. If we bring him back will he commit to completing his contract? We would most certainly lose the quarterback we have been grooming for 3 years, so it is a reasonable request from the Packer organization seeing as we would need to groom another replacement. I doubt he would make that commitment and even if he did I don't trust that he would fulfill it.

The only reason we would be a Super Bowl contender with Favre in the lineup is due to all the players that Thompson brought in via the draft. Favre has played on less talented teams and not had the best results. Thompson has built a solid team and is $30 million under the salary cap. He should be applauded for that in this day and age. He has proven himself to be a great GM and I am glad he is here. I was one that spent his first couple years shaking my head and repeatedly stating, "I really hope this guy knows what he is doing."

As for Rodgers, we have no certainty that he will succeed. Also, one family night scrimmage does not make or break a quarterbacks career. More time will be needed to see if he has it. Most of his passing issues that night were due to throwing the ball too late thus allowing the DB to close on the pass. This can be corrected. Will it be corrected? Only time will tell.

I am ready to move on without Favre...for better or worse...

ryanph30
08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
None of us know what was said behind closed doors. So everything said in these threads is pure speculation.

McCarthy and Thompson have shown far more class in this whole debacle than Favre has shown. When things got tough the Packers said little publicly. Only complimentary things were said about Brett.

Brett, on the other hand, started stomping his feet like a child everytime he was not getting is way. The most glaring thing said in all of this was when Favre threw Campen under the bus. The things that Favre attributed to Campen could be seen by his bosses as detrimental to the organization. In most businesses that would get a guy fired. Favre showed no regard for his friend when he made these things public. That is the one thing that sticks in my mind more than anything.

He also whined that Thompson wouldn't sign Moss, sign Wahle, sign Rivera, or talk to Mariucci about the coaching vacancy. A few months ago he publicly stated that none of these things had anything to do with his retirement. Now, when it is opportunistic for him he makes them issues. Which one is it Brett?

The most alarming thing to me is how Favre has put out the appearance of no class or regard for anyone, but Brett Favre. It makes me a little sad. He is still one of the greatest Packers of all time, but now, I am not sure that I like him much...as a person.

Perhaps this question should be asked of him. If we bring him back will he commit to completing his contract? We would most certainly lose the quarterback we have been grooming for 3 years, so it is a reasonable request from the Packer organization seeing as we would need to groom another replacement. I doubt he would make that commitment and even if he did I don't trust that he would fulfill it.

The only reason we would be a Super Bowl contender with Favre in the lineup is due to all the players that Thompson brought in via the draft. Favre has played on less talented teams and not had the best results. Thompson has built a solid team and is $30 million under the salary cap. He should be applauded for that in this day and age. He has proven himself to be a great GM and I am glad he is here. I was one that spent his first couple years shaking my head and repeatedly stating, "I really hope this guy knows what he is doing."

As for Rodgers, we have no certainty that he will succeed. Also, one family night scrimmage does not make or break a quarterbacks career. More time will be needed to see if he has it. Most of his passing issues that night were due to throwing the ball too late thus allowing the DB to close on the pass. This can be corrected. Will it be corrected? Only time will tell.

I am ready to move on without Favre...for better or worse...

Good post. :clap:

Some people on this board just don't seem to understand this and it's all TT hate everywhere. Do you even think we would be having this discussion if TT wasn't our GM, the answer is No. Not because another GM would have welcomed him back, but because TT has built this into a great all around team and SB contenders, if he hadn't turned this team around and made it so solid Brett probably would have retired a few years ago, or wouldn't want to come back here to what would be a losing team without TT.

Chisox fan
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
We all know, including them Arod isn't going to be the better QB now. We are the youngest team in the NFL and looking to build a dynasty and win in the future. We have moved on to Rodgers and are not going to stab him in the back and bench him. Why would we let him go to Minnesota, that is just stupid. Our biggest/best rival and in our own division.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought the objective was to put your best players on the field. Rodgers hasn't shown anything to me other than being injury prone. I think you have to win one super bowl in recent years before you can start talking about a dynasty.

My question remains: how is it that Favre isn't good enough to start for the Packers but is too good to release? I would think that after what he's done for the franchise he's earned that. If the Packers are on the verge of a dynasty, it would seem they should be able to beat the Vikes with or without Favre.