PDA

View Full Version : Game: You Know You're A Raps Fan When . . .

Toronto_Fan
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Idea jacked from the Knicks forum.
Shout out to 'Knicks Religion' for the idea!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I know there are a lot of activities in this topic-less part of the offseason that we need, and I thought of this game to humorously define us as raps fans. HERE'S THE GAME.

EVERYBODY POSTS THEIR OWN FUNNY/TRUE "YOU KNOW YOU'RE A RAPS FAN WHEN" JOKE AND COLLECTIVELY WE'LL HAVE A LOT OF FUNNY REPLIES THAT DEFINE US AS RAPTOR FANS IN A FUNNY YET TRUE WAY. FEEL FREE TO QUOTE OTHER PEOPLES POSTS AND COMPLIMENT THEM AS WELL . . .WHO KNOWS, THIS COULD ALL MAKE SOMEBODY ONE FUNNY/COOL SIG. BE ORIGINAL [ ! ]

I'LL START IT OFF . . .

You know you're a Raptors fan if you remember that game where Zan Tabak shot the ball OVER the backboard. lmao.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when you still think about "what if" Vince Carter hit the game winning shot of the game 7 Eastern Conference Semi Finals series between the Raps and Sixers.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when everybody in your life (friends and family) don't want to listen to you ramble about the Raps, so you join blogs like PSD because you know there are another 500 people like you there.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when you attend the home games at the ACC, you yell out to your friends, LOOK I CAN SEE SUPER FAN NAV BHATIA...

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when you attend home games at the ACC and your attention is on the Raptors' Dance Pak's booty rather than the game.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you are willing to get yelled at by the scalpers outside ACC, just to get cheap tickets.

carruthers32
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you wonder what could of been with VC and T MAC

Bob Loblaw
08-05-2008, 12:51 PM
you don't expect to win a game out west...

pebloemer
08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when everybody in your life (friends and family) don't want to listen to you ramble about the Raps, so you join blogs like PSD because you know there are another 500 people like you there.

I can identify with that one :).

The Wise 1
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you remember watching Chris Childs forget how to count and thinking to yourself, "WTF?"

knicks religion
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
HAHA . . .thanks for giving me the CREDIT for thinking of this thread which most people wouldn't think to do such a thing.

lukeem21
08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
.... when you believe the best block of all time was when Evan Eshmere did a baseline hookshot and tmac caught the ball near the top of the backboard at the peak or the arc... he got called for goal tending but we all know it wasnt right guys

mpickup
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
You know your a Raps fan if it burns you deeply every single time you see Andre Iguodala put the ball in the bucket!!!!!

travesy3
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you cry at night knowing all we have left is Joey Graham from the deal in which we traded the best player ever to grace the floors in Toronto

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 06:59 PM
... when you remember Robert Archibald.

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Oh man, I still do 'til this day.

loudif31
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
You know you are a raptors fan when you need to find new people to share your season tickets with every few years. (True fans don't waver, but who can afford a whole season?)

Honest Truth
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
You know you are a Raptors fan when you cheer and boo your team all in the span of 3 minutes. ("Way to sink the three Bargnani!...play some defence you bum!" - you know you have all done it!)

maxgraham
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
loved the igoudala one... thats me for sure

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
.... When you jerk off to ur poster of Jamario Moon

Honest Truth
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM

what's wrong with you?

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I know! ^^^^^

That is just wrong.

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
wrong is as wrong does....... lets just say im a HUGE Raptors fan

star
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
When you wonder HOW THE HELLL can you sign YOGI Stewart to a 6 Year deal.

raptorman12
08-05-2008, 08:25 PM
You know you're a Raptors fan when you twitch everytime you here the number 81

Toronto_Fan
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
loool @ Chris Childs & Robert Archibald!

and LMFAO @ Knicks Religion signature pic.
I just noticed it.
That caaan't be real.

You know your a Raps fan if you remember this trade:

Damon Stoudamire, Walt Williams and Carlos Rogers
to the Portland Trailblazers
for
Kenny Anderson, Gary Trent, and Alvin Williams

raptors wiseguy
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
you know your a raptors fan when you still talk about being cheated in the 96 draft

greg_ory_2005
08-05-2008, 11:20 PM

That's just wrong....but soo funny at the same time...:laugh2:

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
yeeee

Nomz
08-06-2008, 05:15 AM
you know you are a raptors fan when you remember carters mom wearing a red leather outfit on tv (during the raps-knicks series, we lost in game 3...carter struggled all 3 games 2000-2001?). then seeing carters mom (in that same outfit which was brighter in person) at pearson airport and asking her for an autograph.

ps. carter ignored me when i asked him for one...so i figured, might as well settle for any Carter!

jasondrobinson
08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
you know your a raptors fan when you remember wondering why jose didnt put a little more arc on his lob pass

varunpp
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
you know your a raptors fan when all your raptors cheers involve "carter sucks"

blujaysrock
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM

so true.

Numbers
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when you boo Jimmy, Nell, Aaron or anyone else named Carter just because.

J_B
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
you know your a raptors fan when you remember wondering why jose didnt put a little more arc on his lob pass

lol, thats so true. why didnt he lob the pass a little higher?

np6526
08-07-2008, 11:24 PM
When you live in North Carolina and have to constantly convince Tar Heel fans that Vince Carter isn't god and is just a bumb for quitting on the Raptors.

Also remembering when JYD drove his truck up from Detroit to Toronto when he found out he was a Raptor

Cal
08-08-2008, 01:18 AM
You know your a raptors fan when you get turned on when your gf wears her bosh jersey!!

mariotubes
08-08-2008, 01:23 AM
you know your a raps fan when you dress up as a t rex on halloween, when your actually "too old" to be trick or treating

B2B
08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
you know your a raps fan when you dress up as a t rex on halloween, when your actually "too old" to be trick or treating

:laugh:

You know you're a raps fan when everytime you here the name Vince, you chant "Vince sucks" much to the dissmay of the 5'11 skinny white boy. Some people just don't get it :pity:

pulzar
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
You know you're a Raptors fan when your blood still boils at the thought of Oliver Miller shooting all those threes at the ends of close games.

RaPToR_FeVeR
08-09-2008, 11:04 AM
You know your a Raptors fan when the Raptors are having their worst season ever, and you still think they can make the playoffs if they win the rest of their games.

P.S. is any season ticket holders selling their October 31st tickets? Let me know.

RAPS424
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
u know ur a raps fan when u name ur 2nd born child...Carter..back in 2001..(yea.. i did!!)

RAPS424
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
when u remember oakley's totally illegal screen to give dee brown the wide open the 3...

Goon.Weezy
08-10-2008, 11:26 AM
u no ur a raps fan when everytime someone hits a 3-pointer......u put up the jose calderon sign.....

lovingTO
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
You know your a raptors fan when you get turned on when your gf wears her bosh jersey!!

***** yes

canzano55
08-10-2008, 12:52 PM
You know you're a Raps fans when you take pleasure in watching the Leafs suck every year.

_Sn1P3r_
08-10-2008, 01:15 PM

Or VC sucks. No difference.

khanraymond
08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
you know your a raptor fan when you believe the raptor's still have a chance at winning the game, even when down by 15 with 2 minutes to go.

you know your a raptor fan when you thought it was an automatic score every time Matt Bonner took a shot.

you know your a raptor fan when you did the "it's over" gesture after Carter won the dunk off.

you know your a raptor fan when you youtubed Carter Olympic dunk.

you know your a raptor fan when you used to include Jamal Magloire in every trade you proposed.

you know your a raptor fan when you used to say "no, no, no" ever time Jalen Rose took a shot - and then cheered when he got it in.

and finally,

you know your a raptor fan when no matter how disappointing a season the raptors are having, you still watch every game.

RAPS424
08-10-2008, 03:45 PM
you know your a raptor fan when you believe the raptor's still have a chance at winning the game, even when down by 15 with 2 minutes to go.

you know your a raptor fan when you thought it was an automatic score every time Matt Bonner took a shot.

you know your a raptor fan when you did the "it's over" gesture after Carter won the dunk off.

you know your a raptor fan when you used to include Jamal Magloire in every trade you proposed.

you know your a raptor fan when you used to say "no, no, no" ever time Jalen Rose took a shot - and then cheered when he got it in.

and finally,

you know your a raptor fan when no matter how disappointing a season the raptors are having, you still watch every game.

YES YES YES YES YES...HELL YES..... AND.....FINALLY...EFFING YEA!!!!!!!!!

greg_ory_2005
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM

and finally,

Nice post!! :clap: :D

CB4AB7VC15
08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
When you own a Zan Tabek jersey
true story LOL

boston08champs
08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
you know ur a raptos fan when u say get out the salami and cheese mama this ball games over, after we win of course.

Toronto_Fan
08-11-2008, 10:25 AM
When you own a Zan Tabek jersey
true story LOL

lol

Damn son.

_Sn1P3r_
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM

and finally,

:clap:

Toronto_Fan
10-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Bringin' this back one time.

You know you're a RAPS fan when you woke up on Wednesday and were utterly outraged by the whole TSN2 ordeal. Causing you to send angry emails to Rogers and TSN and log into ProSportsDaily to see if anyone else is as disgusted as you....and to your pleasure, they are. haha.

More shats!
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by khanraymond

and finally,

Good post

Originally Posted by carruthers32
I still do man.

You know you a Raptors when you curse the day we sign Babcock.

You know you a Raptors fan when you wish the worst to vince carter.

You know you a Raptors fan when you cry after Vince missed the game wining shat game 7 vs the sixers.

You know you a Raptors fan when you debate Jose vs TJ for 2 years straight non stop.

You know you a Raptors fan when you go mad every time a nba video game screws the Raps players on the ratings.It happends every year.

You know you a Raptors fan when you watch old Raptors games for a entire day non stop.reliving the good times baby.

You know you a Raptors fan when every time the season starts the american writers and networks give the Raps no love.

You know you a Raptors fan when you have to listen to Leo Rautins call a game(He is that bad).

You know you a Raptors fan when you have to watch good Joey and bad Joey.He is so inconsistent.

You know you a Raptors fan when you smile everytime you see that we have one hell of a franchise player in Chris Bosh.

_Sn1P3r_
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Good post

I still do man.

You know you a Raptors when you curse the day we sign Babcock.

You know you a Raptors fan when you wish the worst to vince carter.

You know you a Raptors fan when you cry after Vince missed the game wining shat game 7 vs the sixers.

You know you a Raptors fan when you debate Jose vs TJ for 2 years straight non stop.

You know you a Raptors fan when you go mad every time a nba video game screws the Raps players on the ratings.It happends every year.

You know you a Raptors fan when you watch old Raptors games for a entire day non stop.reliving the good times baby.

You know you a Raptors fan when every time the season starts the american writers and networks give the Raps no love.

You know you a Raptors fan when you have to listen to Leo Rautins call a game(He is that bad).

You know you a Raptors fan when you have to watch good Joey and bad Joey.He is so inconsistent.

You know you a Raptors fan when you smile everytime you see that we have one hell of a franchise player in Chris Bosh.

Haha yup.

marvILLous
10-25-2008, 04:50 AM

LMAO holy **** i missed that one haha!!

reevanson
10-25-2008, 08:42 AM
when you know who "LB, and The Scottish Tree" are.

Bricklayer
10-25-2008, 09:59 AM
You know you're a Raptor's fan when you have no problem walking into a bar full of 100 leaf fans and asking the bartender to change the channel to the the Raptors game.

You know you're a Raptor's fan when you are out on a date, but the only thing you are thinking about is how many blocks Moon had in the first half.

drewbius416
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
you know your a raptors fan when you still talk about being cheated in the 96 draft
thats the one that gets me... imagine a midget back court of Damon & A.I.? one more crappy year land T-MAC and that team has NBA Champs all over it.. also you know your a Raps fan when you relish just that little extra bit in Isiah's demise

Kaptain Kanada
10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
You know you're a Raps fan when....

Every October you believe that this is going to be the year that Joey Graham and Andrea Bargnani are going to have their break out seasons.

ps - this is the year that Joey and Andrea are going to have break out years. haha.

drewbius416
10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
You know you're a Raps fan when....

Every October you believe that this is going to be the year that Joey Graham and Andrea Bargnani are going to have their break out seasons.

ps - this is the year that Joey and Andrea are going to have break out years. haha.
Every year? Andrea is only heading into his third year, and Joey his 4th.... Joey I'm somewhat understanding on due to his potential, Andrea on the other hand had a solid rookie year, regressed in his second (there were some mitigating factors that were no doubt played a part) and is expected to build upon two seasons ago and let last year be a learning experience.
I do agree with you that this year both will establish themselves as legit full time NBA regulars

Talick
10-26-2008, 02:09 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you remember watching Chris Childs forget how to count and thinking to yourself, "WTF?"

LMAO I still hate that guy for that...he also stepped out of bounds in the same game with like 24 seconds left to screw us over some more.

Talick
10-26-2008, 02:10 PM
You know you're a raptors fan when you secretly want Vince Carter back:hide:

maxgraham
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
you almost passed on buying a loft in montreal because bell and raps tv were not available in said building (videotron doesnt carry raps tv and thus i would miss a bunch of games and commentary) due to no dishes allowed on the exterior

LD V2.0
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
You know you're a fan when you watched all the games between the beginning of the Babcock era to the beginning of the Colangelo era. It was tough.

The Wise 1
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
You know your a Raps fan when you have a nightmare about JO hurting his knee in the 1st regular season game and waking up with your heart pounding.

It just happened. He was battling for a rebound with Dalembert off a Chris Bosh missed free throw. He had to be carried off. Im a little disappointed with myself because I read that Dalembert was going to be a no go for Wednesday. I should of had Speights or Brand in there.(do not blame me if he gets hurt 1st game)

mpickup
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
You know your a Raps fan when you get married on the date that combines the jersey #'s of Bargnani, Bosh & Calderon:
-that's me July 4th, 2008!!! 7/4/8

RAPS424
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM

i believe its...v.c. Sucks!!! Lol

RAPS424
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
i know ur a raps fan when....every sinlge person u know.. calls u first..if they have raps tix they need to get rid of...

when ur gf buys u a custom made raps claw gold ring for christmas... best present ever!!!! even tho shes gone now!! lol

Life'sABrees
10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
You know you're a Raptors fan when you miss Junkyard Dog off the bench

You know you're a Raptors fan when in NBA Live 2001 Antonio Davis led the league in rebounds, Carter led the league in scoring and Alvin Williams led the league in assists

td0tsfinest
10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
You know you're A Raptors Fan when you wait all night for NBA 2k9 to come out Just so you can play with JO and the Raptors. :D

td0tsfinest
10-27-2008, 06:56 PM
You Know you're a raptors Fan when you always have hope for the Raptors to win it all (Even when we had garbage team)

Mcnabb_vision
10-27-2008, 11:15 PM
you kno your a raps fan wen u ask why we drafted rafael araujo???....

Jays&Raps
10-28-2008, 02:21 AM
you know your a raps fan when remember watching Vince Carter throw down his first ever vicious dunk in the NBA at Maple Leaf Gardens (2-handed)

bman2380
10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
You know your a raptors fan when you hear people talking about how they are a raptors fan and you ask them 'What do you think of Roko?' and they are like 'Who is Roko?' and you say 'Nevermind' in your head your like 'stupid hockey fans thinking they know about the raptors'

You know your a raptors fan when someone mentions vince carter and your like 'oh you mean half man/half season?' or 'Wince Carter'...

You know your a raptors fan you'll put up with Matt Devlin and say 'He not that bad' but he so horrible it makes your TV cry...

Ultraman18
10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
you know when you're a raptors fan, when your favourite raptor is still alvin williams...
dude played with all heart

Frank Costanza
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM
you know your a raps fan when you say "salami and cheese' when playing NBA LIve and the game is all but closed out

Frank Costanza
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
You know ur a raps fan when you still will not forgive Chris Childs for game 5 of the 2002 First round playoffs , and when you still talk about winning 12 of 14 games to close out taht season whenever a team is down and out and needs a miracle - like with the jays every sept

_Sn1P3r_
10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
you know your a raps fan when remember watching Vince Carter throw down his first ever vicious dunk in the NBA at Maple Leaf Gardens (2-handed)

Yeah I remember that. I only saw the highlights though 'cause I was too young.

_Sn1P3r_
10-28-2008, 08:36 PM
you know your a raps fan when you say "salami and cheese' when playing NBA LIve and the game is all but closed out

Omg, I so do that. :)

Frank Costanza
10-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Omg, I so do that. :)

sniper its become a tradtion now when me and all my boys play nba live, its like we want to win so bad to be able to say "salami and cheese" we dont even do the whole "get out the salami and cheese mama" its just 3 words and the loser feels it, sometimes the guy who loses will say it , another one we always do and this is a seinfeld joke but whenever frustrated in an nba live game the line is always "serenity now" we even roll "serenity now" joints for after the game cause we know one of us will need it