PDA

View Full Version : Who do you expect to challenge Boston for the Eastern Conference crown this year?

JordansBulls
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Who do you expect to challenge Boston for the Eastern Conference crown this year?

SHONIE
08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Do you get paid to be a mod? lol
You're always on

Knicks845
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
How do you know he's always on, unless your always on??? Anyways, I picked the magic, young team, dwight, hedu,jameer are all gonna get better...

Youngb101
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I think the pistons are still legitimate contenders a 59 win team with a deep bench. If they can stay healthy and play up to par they should still be a top 2 team in the East and top 5 in the league

JIDsanity
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
DEEEEEEEEEEEETriot BASketballlllll

daleja424
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
philly...and miami... (ok so that second one was a homer pick...:D)

op12
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
nobody really. orlando has the best chance to knock them off. i could be wrong but i think detroit is done for. i dont see the raps doing too much, philly could be a sleeper but i doubt it. no real go 2 guy.

Honest Truth
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
nobody really. orlando has the best chance to knock them off. i could be wrong but i think detroit is done for. i dont see the raps doing too much, philly could be a sleeper but i doubt it. no real go 2 guy.

I agree. I struggled to make a pick as I really don't think any team is going to come close but I went with Orlando as the next best team. Detroit will be hard pressed to come close to what they have done in the last few seasons (sure I said that last year too, and the year before that). Otherwise it is a toss up between Philly and Toronto for third best team.

HouRealCoach
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Toronto

Goon.Weezy
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
T.dotttttt Raptorssssss

SHONIE
08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
How do you know he's always on, unless your always on??? Anyways, I picked the magic, young team, dwight, hedu,jameer are all gonna get better...

Look how many posts he has.

Anyway, I'm only on while at work over the summer this summer. I've never used the forum before now, and I'll use it minimally after the summer. Its something to do in downtime. and he makes a ton of threads.

GCOOKIE7
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Raps

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Cleveland.

sixers247
08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Sixers.....yea i know its a homer pick but they got juast a good a shot as the rest of the east in my opinion.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
76ers. I don't feel like typing why, so i'll just quote an answer that was on another thread.

I think the Sixers match up really well with the Celtics and thats the only team I see beating them in a 7 game series:

So assuming they get by a Toronto or Orlando in the 2nd round I see them matching up with either the Pistons who they almost beat w/out Brand or the Celtics who I think they could beat for the following reasons

1.Brand and Dalembert can trade off guarding KG. and keep him on the perimeter. Both are great defenders

2. Andre Miller is too big for Rando..He will be able to get where ever he wants on the floor.

3. Iggy and Thad Young have the athleticism to bother pierce and Ray Ray..Tony Allen steps into the James Posey role for the C's and while Allen is nice he's not Posey

4. I like the 76rs bench with: Kareem Rush , Lou Williams Willie Green, Reggie Evans over the Celtics bench minus Posey

Iversonfan4life
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
sixers.... whose improved more during the off season?

AgentViet
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Detroit unless they start rebuilding, otherwise Toronto or Orlando.

x_notorious
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Pistons, Toronto, 76ers.

NoChance.
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Well,Detroit is obvious.
But beyond them I'd say;Toronto maybe Philadelphia.

Why?

Toronto:
Bosh and O'Neal would give Perkins and Garnett fits inside,although Garnett and Perk are good defenders I think Bosh and JO Are to dynamic for them to handle.The wings is where Boston would have a big advantage,but If Jamario moon improves on a good rookie season and his defense gets even better,he could give Pierce or Allen trouble,then you throw in the 3 pt shooting touch of Parker and Kapono and that spreads the floor,a lot.Point guard position is where Toronto really takes this,Jose Calderon destroyed Rondo last year when he started Im pretty sure he went for 22 points,13 assists and 2 stls,not to mention his size will give a good defensive PG(Rondo) some trouble.

lakerboy
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
My vote goes to Philly, Lebrons, and Detroit.

LAKERMANIA
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
i would say Orlando has the best chance to knock them out.. which wont happen either imo

LA_cabals
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
WIZARDS.

The Wizards were the Celtics' toughest opponents last year with a record of 3-1 in the 4 times they met. If healthy they would easily be the biggest threat.

jasondrobinson
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Orlando...Howard Turkoglu and Lewis is as solid as any 3 in the Nba.Pietrus was a good pick up and Courtney Lee should be a key bench contributor

POZUNO
08-05-2008, 02:21 PM
How do you know he's always on, unless your always on???

That's comedy!

3 teams come to mind, maybe Orlando, Detroit, and Clevland

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 02:25 PM
homer pick: MIAMI :D
hey they were beaten by 1(im pretty sure) last year by the celtics without wade healthy and without marion with all the d leaguers we had

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Philly, Detroit, Toronto, Orlando

#1Mavericksfan
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Philly but only if there able to resign Andre Iguodala

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Wizards Baby, We had a 3-1 record against them. Seriously we have some chance. If healthy we can make it a 7 game series. There isn't a real competitor against the Celtics, except maybe Detroit, but there a lot of teams that can definitely have a chance. Toronto, Sixers, Magic, Wizards. All can give the Celtics a hard time, and maybe defeat them.

Storch
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
detroit, toronto, chicago

JordansBulls
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
detroit, toronto, chicago

:speechless:

We won't even make the playoffs unless we make a trade.

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Pistons, 76ers, Raptors and Magic.

JordansBulls
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
How would you rank the top 4 teams that have the best chance?

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow, I can't believe Miami has more votes than Cleveland and Washington combined. (Homers)

mitch91
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
i totally agree that the pistons are ageing but they still ma make a big move this offseason and even if they dont there still very strong. i thought it would b easy for me not 2 pick them and im personally not a big fan of the pistons but i still found myself clicking their name and voting them

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
God i cant wait to be called a homer but then again i dont give a **** about your opinions so here goes.

I doubt any of you have paid attention to my posts but i have been saying for a while now that although people keep saying the east is getting better i just dont see it.

-76ers made some moves but i dont see them getting to the ECF.
-Toronto seems to habe a lot of believers on these boards but i honestly dont expect them to past the 2nd round EVEN IF J.ONEAL PLAYS EVERY GAME.
- Pistons were injured, an although many claim age is not on their side i like their chances the best to beat us.
-Magic i have no faith in. No size and strength upfront outside of D12
-Wizards, seem to be deadly when healthy. But being healthy just hasn't happened.
Who else??Ahh yes Cleveland Lebrons. Lebron took a ****** team to the Finals so i guess you almost have to consider them a eastern conf favorite but there still no match for the Celtics

if i lived in any other city my answers wouldnt be any different. The way the c's play, there all about def attitude, their TEAM mentality mixed with the fact they have 3 future HOFers is just tpo hard for me to ignore.

IMO, Celtics repeat or get beat in the Finals by a western conf team.

bbcmillionaire
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
i gotta vote for the home team the bulls. but think about anybody in the east has a chance. my playoff teams
boston
detroit
cleveland
washington
toronto
philli
chicago
miami

theres no guarantees in any one of those playoff games. miami could hop boston and chicago could hop the pistons.

DaddyCool
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Philly. I"m not biased at all. Hehe

BADizzleBoY
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
sixers...

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
God i cant wait to be called a homer but then again i dont give a **** about your opinions so here goes.

I doubt any of you have paid attention to my posts but i have been saying for a while now that although people keep saying the east is getting better i just dont see it.

-76ers made some moves but i dont see them getting to the ECF.
-Toronto seems to habe a lot of believers on these boards but i honestly dont expect them to past the 2nd round EVEN IF J.ONEAL PLAYS EVERY GAME.
- Pistons were injured, an although many claim age is not on their side i like their chances the best to beat us.
-Magic i have no faith in. No size and strength upfront outside of D12
-Wizards, seem to be deadly when healthy. But being healthy just hasn't happened.
Who else??Ahh yes Cleveland Lebrons. Lebron took a ****** team to the Finals so i guess you almost have to consider them a eastern conf favorite but there still no match for the Celtics

if i lived in any other city my answers wouldnt be any different. The way the c's play, there all about def attitude, their TEAM mentality mixed with the fact they have 3 future HOFers is just tpo hard for me to ignore.

IMO, Celtics repeat or get beat in the Finals by a western conf team.

No I agree with you, I can't really see any team beating you guys, but you did lose an important piece, Posey.

CB4AB7VC15
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Raps

Dirty Dirk41
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Posey will be missed....but not for a second do i feel without him our chances of winning a title decreased.

GspLAL
08-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Gotta go with Cleveland, look how close they got last year. Theyre one solid player away from a championship imo. Plus they match up really well.

I love how people say Cleveland is a ****** team when they have great defense

jrodmesche
08-05-2008, 11:08 PM
B-Easy, Flash, Matrix the heat is all you need to compete with the celtics but other contenders are
philly
detroit
bucks

sanfranfan1210
08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I voted for Toronto but also thought Clevand

rapswin98
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
orlando, but watch out for them raps

kvrnm
08-06-2008, 01:06 AM
cavs

JordansBulls
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
i gotta vote for the home team the bulls. but think about anybody in the east has a chance. my playoff teams
boston
detroit
cleveland
washington
toronto
philli
chicago
miami

theres no guarantees in any one of those playoff games. miami could hop boston and chicago could hop the pistons.

How do the Bulls have a chance? We hardly have any post offense and we are a purely jumpshooting team.