PDA

View Full Version : Would Phoenix Fans Like This?

bball1217
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Alright, I heard this on the Rockets forum.

Would you Phoenix fans do this trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=11~2834~2763~2166~3238&teams=21~21~21~10~10&te=&cash=

I have heard Phoenix might be trying to trade Barbosa. This trade gives you guys a solid backup PG for Nash in Alston, a pretty good 3 PT shooter in Head and a hustle player with good defense and rebounding in Hayes.

I am not that much of a fan of this trade, but I want to know what you guys think... Too much, Too little or Good deal and Why?

STAT32
08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Good deal for Phoenix i'd be hesitant if I was Houston however. Where exactly does Barbosa fit in your lineup?

Here's Phoenix's lineup and it would be good

Steve Nash/Rafer Alston/Goran Dragic
Raja Bell/Luther Head/DJ Strawberry
Matt Barnes/Grant Hill/Chuck Hayes
Amare Stoudemire/Boris Diaw/Chuck Hayes
Shaquille O'neal/RoLo

Great for Phoenix, iffy for Rockets

Voodoo Alchemy
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
hell yes!

JPHX
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
i agree. makes it easier financially to bring in dragic as well

bball1217
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I am not sure how he would fit, I guess he would start at PG, which is why I do not like this trade.
Rockets Lineup:
Barbosa/Brooks
McGrady/Barry
Artest/Battier
Scola/Landry/Novak
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Francis (Rotates with Brooks)
IR2: Tucker (Rotates with Novak)
IR3: Harris (Rotates with Dorsey)

Now that I look at it, I don't like this trade for us. We need a pass first PG, also I am pretty sure Barbosa disappears in the playoffs, not what we need.

Good for you guys though...

SpeedReed
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah, thats cute. terrible for houston. what are people saying on the houston forum? i'm sure they hate it.

bball1217
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah, thats cute. terrible for houston. what are people saying on the houston forum? i'm sure they hate it.

Yeah it wasn't my idea, I just saw it and wasn't to sure about, now I know I don't like it. I'm pretty sure plenty of Houston fans won't like it either.

STAT32
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I am not sure how he would fit, I guess he would start at PG, which is why I do not like this trade.
Rockets Lineup:
Barbosa/Brooks
McGrady/Barry
Artest/Battier
Scola/Landry/Novak
Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Francis (Rotates with Brooks)
IR2: Tucker (Rotates with Novak)
IR3: Harris (Rotates with Dorsey)

Now that I look at it, I don't like this trade for us. We need a pass first PG, also I am pretty sure Barbosa disappears in the playoffs, not what we need.

Good for you guys though...

Oh yea like I said great for us, just I don't really see how Barbosa fits. Maybe if a third team is involved?

SpeedReed
08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
as much as i love barbosa for his instant offense and 3 point threat, he'll remain a sixth man SG until he can play some legitimate defense on some of the other great SG in the league, kobe, Mcgrady, Joe Johnson, Wade, etc. there are so many that can bully barbosa around.

or if he becomes a great PG, but we seem to have given up on that.

PhxGiant
08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Barbosa has the potential to be a great defender, i think this year we will really see an improvement in his D. I read awhile back that he was working on his balance and upper body strength so he can be a better defender.

Rome
08-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Yea I agree with stat. Wouldn't make sense for the rockets. They would looked stacked with talent though. I watched a few clips of artest talking about the season and how he just wants to win a championship and would come off the bench even. What I'm getting at is Houston needs though players to have a chance. I really like there team this year now. If anything it would have to involve another team, as said earlier.